Does God have a right to judge us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
They say after we die God has a talk with us and asks us why we did everything we did. But does he really have a right too?

Isn't it said that he does everything for a reason? so didn't he make us do those thing? So what's the point on asking us why?

DuronKiller
god gave us a free will... thats why he wont stop anyone from a murder cause then this person would have no longer a free will... so... he created us... i think he has the right to judge us, because he gave all those rules how we should live and could live in harmony and we just ignore these rules and do what we like to do... so he has the right to judge us because we didnt keep the rules smile

Morning_Glory
He has a right to judge us

42Bardock
He has a right to shut the **** up, its granted tol him in the constitution. Maybe he and Twelve other godws can judge another god but no humans that is unfair.

Ou Be Low hoo
Word, word, word, word, WORD! I agree with everything you say apart from the flippant homophobic comment.

Cinemaddiction
Duron said it best.

Jackie Malfoy
Amen sister or brother.I argee with yu 100%JM Happy Dance

yerssot
he has an easy live:
create imperfect beings, then when they die judge they were imperfect

DuronKiller
the construction "man" is perfect. no it isnt. it is not perfect anymore. it was perfect as there was no sin, in paradise. everything that seems to be not perfect is not perfect because we dont live as god claimed adam and eve to live their lifes.
when the devil made eve sin, god could have fought the sin at once by eliminating the devil and eve. but god liked so much what he created, so he wasnt able to eliminate adam and eve. in this story you see again this free will thing.... god is all-knowing so he sure knew and saw and heard when eve ate the fruit. but he gave man a free will so he didnt stop her before eating it.
as god appreciates fairness he couldnt say "well im making an exception here, eve can live on"...
thats a point of pedagogy here. if a child does something it isnt allowed to, the mother makes an exception and doesnt punish her child (i dont mean physical punishment though the result may be reached too, but thats not the point here) ... if she doesnt punish her child however... the child will just repeat what it has done, when it likes too...
so god had to punish eve or else she would have eaten the forbidden fruit again and again.
so he had to make a fair way of allowing eve to live on. thats why sin and man co-exist now. there is no imperfectness just a less suitable way of use of "man"...

confused

NothingInVein
I dont care. i'm an infidel and proud

big gay kirk
our gods are as fickle and inconsistent as we are.... of our gods, only Hel judges anyone, giving reward for all the good you did, and punishment for all the evil... we don't have this black and white split between good and evil, but acknowledge that we have in each of us the capacity for both... men and gods alike....

DuronKiller
my statement was from the christian point of view because the topic seemed to mean the christian god.... and then humans are just perfect but with the influence of evil we start doing evil things and because weve got a free will we could decide to stop doing evil things and pray for remission for the bad things weve already done... if we do not we have still something bad and evil in us for what we didnt pray for remission to god and so he doesnt care anymore if we die or live on...

yerssot
he created an imperfect being nonetheless, if they were perfect they wouldn't have gone for the forbidden fruit and so creating sin. So we get screwed over time after time because god made an imperfect being and is punishing us for it.

god could also have eliminated the devil before he went to eve... or even better, never accepted/created/whatever him as an angel if he knew in his all mighty power that he would fall and become the devil.

there is a big difference between letting your kid do something it's not supposed to and screwing up menkind till eternity for a mistake one person did millenia ago, nice god that is!

ARC Trooper 117
Well said yerssot, I agree whole-heartedly.

SaTsuJiN
and who is humanity (we who judge everything and anything on a daily basis) to ask this question?

DuronKiller
sure we are build perfect... the human body and mind is just perfect. why wouldnt it be perfect if we eat the forbidden fruit? thats the point of a free will. we can choose to either live with god or with the devil. if we wouldnt be able to choose the life with the devil (because of much more intelligence which would let us see a life with the devil as crap) we would have no free will since our destination is to decide between god and the devil. we are just perfect for this assignment, because as i said, if we wouldnt choose the devil (at least the coice has to be there), we would have no free will in this aspect and we would mistake our destination (the choice).

i dont know why god didnt you dont know either, but that doesnt change a thing because we still are responsible for what we do.

no god isnt screwing up menkind! that are we ourselves... god gave us rules. if we were all behaving after these rules we all were happy (cause we wouldnt do any sin and would all live in harmony).

Adam_PoE
God punishing Adam and Eve for eating from the Tree of Knowledge is equivocal to putting a three year old child in a room with a knife and punishing him when he cuts himself.

DuronKiller
no adam and eve took advantage of it so you cant compare it with a child who cuts himself

Adam_PoE
God created a world without sin and Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil. If Eve had no knowledge of good and evil or right and wrong, how can she punished? If I put a three year old child in a room with a knife and told him not to play with it, should I be surprised when he does or punish him when he hurts himself as the result of my own negligence?

finti
this is where they go, she was tricked by the serpent

DuronKiller
the child wouldnt take advantage of it... adam and eve did... they knew after whats good and evil (i think they also didnt knew before what sex is....)... so you cant compare these i think....

the point is... if the child hurts himself with a knife once. he wont do it again. if you punish him, it wouldnt change anything about the childs behaviour.
if the child eats a chocolate though you have forbidden it and it likes the taste of chocolate, it would do it again and again. if you punish him immediatly after he ate the chocolate he wont probably do it again... (not to discuss wether its the right way of child-care or not)
thats like the forbidden fruit thing....

finti
the child would have taken advantage of the situation that he/she was unattended, so the two can compare

big gay kirk
the main point is that adam and eve couldn't have known that disobeying god was wrong... they had no knowledge of the difference between right and wrong, and indeed no knowledge that such thindgs as good and evil existed.... also if you read the relevant passages, god doesn't kick them out for disobedience, but so that they don't also eat from the tree of life....

Bardock42
What homopphobic comment ? What the f**k?

Storm
The homophobic comment that was edited by Raz.

finti
didnt see the homophopic part of it either

clickclick
People were made perfect in spirit, untainted. Free will was given and they disobeyed what they were told. They take responsibility for their actions.

While sin is in the world and it is not peaceful, there is still good in the world too.

He could have eliminated the devil just as he could eliminate any person who disobeyed him but as it is, he lets them do what they want for now. Eventually though, those who disobey will be punished.

Humans arent screwed to eternity either and if you know anything about the bible, you would know that the secular world is not the ultimate focus.

Bardock42
Oh I must have had a homophobic comment in there I can'T remember. Hmm you sure it was homophobic? What the f**k?

yerssot
no, we are not build perfect, if we were not a single being would be born with a desease or missing limbs or what ever. Humans are not perfect in mind, how else could there be mental disturbed people?

It's very easy to hide behind free will all the time. if we had the free will, how come we get punished for having it then? eve ate the fruit out of free will and gets punished for it? that shows how a tyrant that god is:
he first creates imperfect beings and knows they'll eat the fruit and then he goes further and gives them free will
yet he does insist on punishing the entire menkind for his failing. I don't see how anyone can see a loving god in this if he does nothing but punish.
where is it written that our destination is to deceide between god and the devil? if god had raised adam and eve better, they would know that the devil is evil, but he failed this clearly, cause who picks evil? imperfect beings do that.

I know why he didn't: cause he doesn't exist. so we are resonsible for what adam and eve did then?

that's bull! how come a young baby of a few days can suffer immensely already? cause he didn't kept himself to the rules??? why do kids die? cause they sinned?

debbiejo
God could of destroyed Satan right from the start, but then wouldn't the other angels and even other beings serve Him only out of fear of being destroyed instead of serving Him cause He is love. Maybe He is letting all this play out so all can see what Sin really does. When He comes and destroys it. Everyone will know He could of destroyed it all, but let it be a lesson to all, so it will never happen again. Justice for all the see

darktim1
The reason why god has the right to judge us is because it says it appointed once a man to die and then face the judgement so see that gives him every right to judge a person who dies after all he did create every man and woman on this earth he did'nt intend to have people die that happened when sin entered the world and the white throne judgement will be final judgement of all unsaved. hope answers some of your questions.

debbiejo
I totally agree!!!

Adam_PoE
God has the right to judge because He says so? Perhaps if God had been a better caretaker, sin would not have entered the world. Instead, He created two beings with no knowledge of good and evil and likewise, no knowledge of right and wrong and expected them to make right choices. That almost makes an iota of sense.

finti
could die from lack of breath reading this, and actually after all there is no proof of god creating man. And white throne?????????? whats that all about

debbiejo
The White Throne Judgement iss the final Judgement of all who lived and not excepted Christ death on the cross for eternal life. It's in Revelation. Full of symbolizom. Should read a good commentary on it.
Try "teachinghearts.org. It's a good one.

There are 2 ressurections. The first is the righteous dead are raised to eternal like and the 2nd "White Throne" is the Judgement and eternal death. You don't want to miss the first one. LOL

finti
white throne , so theatrical so phony

WindDancer
I have no problem with God or anyone judging me when I die. When I go all I want is to eliminate any harm or trouble I caused. God or no God all I want to do is make sure I didn't do anything wrong to anyone.

debbiejo
It's more than that! Study it out. More people plan more for their retirment than their eternity...Study it out.

Hope to see you there.

finti
thats pretty logical, that way at least you get something back

Beastro
Sure he has a right to judge you.He created you.

finti
didnt create me

Bardock42
well especially if he createed me, he shouldn 't have a right to judge me.

darktim1
I study bible prophecy so I know alot about book Revelation and god will one day judge the nations it says that the nile river will be running red with blood to jurusalem because of all nuclear war so thats why god has to get rid of the bad.

Beastro
I wish I was more educated in prophecy,then I could compare these time to the book of Revelation.

yerssot
why would they serve him out of fear of being destroyed? they didn't fall, they didn't do anything wrong so why fear someone?

DuronKiller
why would they serve him out of fear of being destroyed? they didn't fall, they didn't do anything wrong so why fear someone?

why not compare it with a law?
if something occurs the first time, it will take a long time and a lawsuit to decide what to do with the offender...
when satan sinned against god, there was a completely new act... something bad that has to be fought...
the bible tells us about god, that he is an equitable god. what way would be more equitable than the way of having a lawsuit?

debbiejo
Another way to see it is if all of a sudden God zapped (killed) all the angels that just rebelled, but wouldn't God be a scary guy? But instead He didn't zap them. Instead He would want to show the universe what happens when when rebellion happens. Looks at all it's caused. Look at how it's effected life on the earth.
I guess another way of seeing it is I wouldn't want to be horrified of my parents. What if I really screwed up, would they just zap me out of exsistance?
deb

clickclick
I didnt say Humans were perfect so I dont know why you said that. Nor did I say they were perfect "in mind". What I stated was that man was created perfect (or good) in spirit but according to the bible when adam and eve did whatever then eveything became tainted.

debbiejo
In the beginning Satan was perfect, the most beautiful and the covering cherub to God Himself. But he chose to rebel and corrupt everything for the rest of us. WHAT A BIG SCREW UP. He'll be destroyed.

DuronKiller
very nice yes!!

yerssot
I was pretty sure I replied to this already blink

it's utterbullshit to call god a loving and caring god, if he is that, he would have only punished adam and eve not the entire mankind. The stop to not creating the devil or even punishing him would be entirely in his evil character

debbiejo
To destroy Adam and Eve would of been uterly cruel. That's why God sent a redemer, his only son. It's pretty interesting of all the religions in the whole world, the only religion that offers a redemer is the Bible.

He didn't destroy Adam and Eve because He loved them.

finti
but demolish Sodom and Gomorrah was just

debbiejo
Sodom and Gomorrah didn't love God. Only Lot and his family did and were spared.

finti
yeah so if it was to be a true story, the slaughter of all the children is just how? Beside the fact that this biblical god had chosen his people

debbiejo
He's God. He can do what He wants. It's not the first time He's done it. BUT, He always gave a warning first. "Join me or not" He says.

finti
and small infants how were they supposed to respond to this, what a great god who let the sins of the father/mother affect their offsprings

debbiejo
God is just. Eternity is a long time. Infants, and those who have never heard his name are there with Him forever. Even if the parents screwed up. Then you are judged by your heart. God knows your heart. But if you were warned and didn't believe well then there will be Hell to pay, no punt intended.

finti
nah thats a concept they came up with in the NT, kind off the whole scenario why this son of god died for the sin of man............so how was the slaughter of kids and infants just

debbiejo
It is a lesson for the whole world. There is a bigger scenario going on than we think. We only see the minute.

yerssot
that's the most funny thing I ever heard

destroying imperfect beings is cruel but punishing them and their children till eternity is not? laughing out loud

finti
it is just cause it was a lesson to the world????????? guess the world didnt learn cause according to the bible this god sacrificed his son for the sin of man (hmmmm just how many mythologies have the same story????) ......and guess what the world still havent learned so what is next judgement day

debbiejo
Well, I guess He could of zapped them and then zapped the next and then the next and then say, "Oh those stupid humans, I'll just creat plants."

finti
guess it could have been true too then we really could argue on a judgmentday

yerssot
he should have forseen it would happen roll eyes (sarcastic)

darktim1
Garteed you won't argue on judgement day you'll be to buisy answering god because everyting you say on this earth he remembers and will ask you on the day of judgement oh yeah you guys were talking about Angles and why they don't go against god well they learn by watching us they move in different ways to either good or bad side so see thats why they don't go against god also because Mike the arc angel will wipe them out did you know that everyone on earth has a guardian angel but did you know it is not just 1 it is 6000 angeles for now out.

finti
you have no idea of what I am capable of, so if it was top be a judgement day I would challange those judging

yeah right, and the easter bunny is in there as well

KharmaDog
This colossal run-on sentence confused the heck outta me. blink

Philosophicus
it bored the hell out of me!

finti
must be perfect then

Philosophicus
YES, perfect example of idiocy!

finti
guess thats familiar stuff then

Philosophicus
Yes, I encounter idiocy everyday...I'm an expert by now, in fact, I'm responding to idiocy right now.

finti
so you started talking to yourself then

yerssot
if there will be a judgement day, that god will have to answer more than any of us will have to

clickclick
Thats not true though so..........

Aditionally, they were made good in spirit so they were just fine until they messed up (their choice).

yerssot
what is not true? that it's right that we still have to get punished for something eve did?

clickclick
Thats just not true and the argument is faulty at best. Once sin entered the world, so too could the bad things. That is the result of sin, the world was tainted and so was the line of men. However, God still allows for the good in the world, if people follow him and do what he asks, then they can be saved. If somebody decides not to, then they take responsibility.

clickclick
It's not true about everyone being punished for eternity.

Philosophicus
Hell is punishment for eternity!!!???

Philosophicus
No. I said I was responding to idiocy - I was responding to you.

finti
the only idiot in here is you

Philosophicus
the only idiot in here is you

finti
what a luni

Philosophicus
what a luni and what an idiot

finti
what an anxious and deluded sorry little soul you are

Philosophicus
No. Humans created God.

Philosophicus
Are you talking to yourself? 'Cause I would think you are an anxious and deluded sorry little soul .

finti
considering your little attempt to draw some symphaty makes one wonder

Philosophicus
FINTI: "considering your little attempt to draw some symphaty
quote:
also be due to the fact that I suffer from mental disorders such as Clinical Depression, Anxiety disorder, ADHD, obsessive compulsive behaviour and Megalomania. I'm on strong medication for all of these.
makes one wonder"

All the greatest geniuses had mental disorders - it's the price you pay for having a brilliant mind. And I do have one - my poetry is admired in the USA and has been described by more than one individual of being ingenius and utterly unique and original. What do you have to show?

finti
all the great geniuses yes but we were talking about you, and the fact that you published some poetry doesnt make you a genious. And admired in the USA so what. Used to live in the States and there they admire the fact that I was bilangual just to show what little it takes to be admire there.
What I have to show, besides the fact that I am able to function in the real world and dont have mental disorders you mean?

Dont get me wrong I hold nothing against the fact that you are able to publish your work thats grteat, but it takes more than that to be considered a genious

BackFire
"All the greatest geniuses had mental disorders - it's the price you pay for having a brilliant mind. And I do have one - my poetry is admired in the USA and has been described by more than one individual of being ingenius and utterly unique and original."

Yeah, just like how you are a philosophy teacher? Oh wait...

Philosophicus
Backfire, go to voicesnet.org and search for my name: Werner Reyneke - you'll see my published poems. Also Meeting of the Mind Journal - the Labyrinth edition.

BackFire
What proof do you have that this Werner Reyneke is actually you? Or that you wrote these poems?

Philosophicus
Should I sent you the original manuscripts and a photocopy of my ID book? I don't have to proove it to you, because I know my real name is Werner Reyneke and that I really wrote the poems.

BackFire
First lesson in basic argument/debate - If you're going to make a claim about yourself that is meant to give you some kind of credibility in a certain area of discussion, be prepared to conjure proof of said claim. Posting some craptastic website that looks like it was created by a college student who just read "Webpages for dummies" that has some poems, and saying "I wrote these, look, I'm a genius because of this" is not proof of anything. If you can't prove it's you then stop using it for the sole defense of your "genius".

You have to understand (seeing as you've admitted to lying before in order to gain credibility), that I do not trust any claim you make from here on out, unless you can prove that claim in some way.

Philosophicus
Well, I'm sorry, I can't proove it to you, allthough it is the truth.

yerssot
why is that this time?
so when sin came in play, bad things arrived?
THAT is not true and faulty at best, the devil was already there and in my book that stands as a bad thing, he was there before sin

clickclick
Why is it what this time? They got punished for their disobedience and kicked out of paradise.

The devil was but a tempter, he couldnt make paradise cease.

Adam_PoE
If the world was without evil, how do you explain the existence of the serpent? The serpent used deceit (evil) to tempt (evil) Eve into disobeying (evil) God.

Furthermore, if we presume that no evil existed in the world, how was Eve to know the difference between right and wrong?

clickclick
Well, the world was without evil of man. The spirit of man was good and not corrupted. The land, the animals and basically everything was good.
There was one fallen cherub in lucifer who did deceive them but Lucifer doing wrong would not get them punished. They would have still been able to live in paradise had they not disobey.

They didnt need to know what evil was to know the difference between right and wrong. They were already told what it was.

There are many things that have a right or wrong and one needn't know evil to decipher that.

Philosophicus
clickclick, can't you see beyond good and evil? tilt your head to greatness! F*ck good and evil - who cares...it's all subjective.

Adam_PoE
Way to play every side of the fence.

For one to know the difference between right and wrong, he must have a concept of both. Adam and Eve lived in a world where only good and rightness existed. They had no knowledge of evil and wrongness, let alone the difference between the two. "Because God told them not to disobey" is not a satisfactory answer. Adam and Eve could not know that disobeying God was wrong without understanding the difference between right and wrong.

clickclick
They were told the difference between right and wrong, therefore they most certainly would know the difference. Were they not given such information, you could have a point. There is a difference between goodness as in the opposite of evil and rightness as in the opposite of wrong. They are not one and the same, though the latter is inclusive of the former while the former does not necessitate the latter.

They knew that it was wrong by him telling them so. They did not know evil, they did however know wrong. The thing about that is this. Evil is the result of disobeying God, it is through that that evil exists. One needn't know evil to know wrong, it is the very action of disobeying goodness that makes for evil.

Adam_PoE
No, Adam and Eve were told not to disobey God. They were not told not to disobey God because it would be wrong. Even if we presume that they were told this, they would only know that disobeying God is wrong but they still would not know what wrong is.

clickclick
They were told that they were not allowed to eat from that tree (dont know that it was a literal tree however), so obviously eating from it was disobedience. Saying dont disobey me and you are not allowed to do this are essentially the same thing.

Yes they would know that disobeying God was wrong but they wouldnt know it was evil.

It amounts to this. They had their chance, they messed up and that was that.

Adam_PoE
As I stated previously, Adam and Eve would know that disobedience was wrong but they would not know what wrong is. That being the case, they weren't provided with much of a chance at all.

clickclick
Wrong is naturally the opposite of right. In knowing what was right and what was not, they HAD to know what wrong was even had they not previously experienced it.

Anyway, we will just agree to disagree considering we are making no new ground.

finti
you talk about adam and eve as it was facts

darkcrown
I believe god created the earth, but evolution took over from there. Just my opinion.

finti
more like what the deist believe then

liam k
No god, has the right to judge me, only i can do that, and i like what i see!

vicki horvath
Of course He has the right to judge us! Not only did He MAKE us, for his companionship, by the way! He laid down the rules to live by, which had we followed them and kept following, we would not have the mental and health diseases we have todat! He even told us what to eat so we would stay healthy! But of course thedevel and humam beings thunk they are so much smarter than the Maker! By the way, all you people who believe in Evolution? Did you ever bother to read the fact that Darwin himself said he wrote that book on a lark, it was just the thoughts af a young boy wondering about his universe. He was completely taken aback when the scientific world latched onto it as the truth. He said all you have to do is look around and you see there is a God!

finti
have you read Darwin?

debbiejo
Your wife has the right to judge you....That's her job...

Make the world a better place by helping the lower species evolve into subservient masseuses.

finti
yeah but whenever I give women a monkey wrench I just see a lot of void in their eyes

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
yeah but whenever I give women a monkey wrench I just see a lot of void in their eyes

It's because she realizes you haven't learned what to do with it yet. It's not a banana to share. laughing

finti
no they act like hmmmmmmmmmm what a peculiar looking hammer I wonder if it goes with my blue shirt, or you have to say "no dear, that is not a microphone"

debbiejo
How true...I do look for color coordinated tools to axsesserate with.

oooo bad spelling.

finti
yeah pink wrenches, womens lib has come a looooooong way

debbiejo
By the way I take offence, I used it as a microphone...

The time I gave a guy a vacume, he offered it a beer.

finti
the beer is right, but the vacume. Well I would have screamed for my girlfriend to come take away that THING

debbiejo
I know, It can be a scary thing for a guy...But as I keep telling them..

Take a Valium, look into my eyes and repeat after me.."It not a living thing, it's not a living thing, it's not going to hurt you...it's your friend."

finti
Valium?, no I dont take per scripted medication

Julie
I guess God has the right....since he defines right

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by BlackC@t
They say after we die God has a talk with us and asks us why we did everything we did. But does he really have a right too?

Isn't it said that he does everything for a reason? so didn't he make us do those thing? So what's the point on asking us why?

Better question is ''why bother asking us why when he is all knowing and knows all that is, that has been and that will be''

If he is all knowing then our fates are determaned and there is nothing we can do about it...

vicki horvath
God is all knowing, he knows what will happen from beginning to end, he can see all the choices people will make in their lifetime, a lot of them cause him great sorrow. The fact that he knows what weare going to do has nothing to do with fate, it has to do with the choices WE make. He sees us making the choices, allowing us our free will. Nothing is written in stone, you choose which fork in the road you follow and pay for the consequences. The Lord just knows the choices we will choose because he sees all, that does not make it fate.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by vicki horvath
God is all knowing, he knows what will happen from beginning to end, he can see all the choices people will make in their lifetime, a lot of them cause him great sorrow. The fact that he knows what weare going to do has nothing to do with fate, it has to do with the choices WE make. He sees us making the choices, allowing us our free will. Nothing is written in stone, you choose which fork in the road you follow and pay for the consequences. The Lord just knows the choices we will choose because he sees all, that does not make it fate.

If God knows what you are going to do before you do it, then your actions are written in stone.

clickclick
Fate implies a predestined force.

b-ball_chick
God knows our fate. He made us, but we get to that fate because of us, what we decide. God cannot be understood just like that. There is so much we dont even know about him.

Adam_PoE
If your life is fated, you are not free to do anything but that which will make your fate come to fruition.

b-ball_chick
no t nessacarily

Adam_PoE
Yes, necessarily.

clickclick
its not fate. Fate is something you cant really control.. Predestined.

b-ball_chick
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Yes, necessarily.
Yeah Fate is there, but to get to our fate WE make desicions that God alreafy knows we are gonna make.

Adam_PoE
fate n. 1. The ultimate agency that predetermines the course of events. 2. The inevitable events predestined by such a force.

b-ball_chick
Yeah, but God is the author and finisher of our faith

Adam_PoE
How is it just to be rewarded or punished for all eternity when your life was predestined by God?

clickclick
If it was fate then you never had free will.

b-ball_chick

clickclick
cool, grab a dictionary and begin.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Better question is ''why bother asking us why when he is all knowing and knows all that is, that has been and that will be''

If he is all knowing then our fates are determaned and there is nothing we can do about it...

An excellent point, Lil B.

The Bible has so many faults and pot-holes.

b-ball_chick
I am sorry but, i don't agree. Read it before you judge it.

b-ball_chick
Originally posted by clickclick
cool, grab a dictionary and begin.
lol
already did

Imperial_Samura
I think its a tricky question as to whether he/she/it should be allowed to judge us. After all God it seems willingly and knowingly created something that he knew was imperfect, and would eventually need to be judged. If the basis that God is "all knowing" is true, then really there is a question of needing to be judged at all, as really he knows what is going to happen, who will be naughty and nice as it were.

However, in many man mad legal systems it is a punishable crime to know about something terrible going to happen and do nothing. If a person is about to get in a car rigged with explosives, or go and shoot his wife or whatever, and somebody stands by fails to do anything to stop it, then they can be legally liable. In that sense God is an accessory to every evil deed, every criminal act ever to occur. Of course the thing then is that if real, he could have stopped any and/or all of them, but apparently didn't. Perhaps we do deserve to be judged, but then I also say that so does God. Just as the creator can be held accountable for his creation, of a parent for their child.

b-ball_chick
Listen, I dont think you understand. ANd just as you know the creator of a chil dis not it's parents it's God.
God knows what's gonna happen, but MAN has he';s own mind. God made man with his own mind. Knowing good from eveil. So he CAN judge us. Who ar ewe to judge God. Through him is nothing made.
Listen, please read The Bible. Genesis, to start with.
You aint gonna regret it. It's got all your answers.

FeceMan
Originally posted by b-ball_chick
Listen, I dont think you understand. ANd just as you know the creator of a chil dis not it's parents it's God.
God knows what's gonna happen, but MAN has he';s own mind. God made man with his own mind. Knowing good from eveil. So he CAN judge us. Who ar ewe to judge God. Through him is nothing made.
Listen, please read The Bible. Genesis, to start with.
You aint gonna regret it. It's got all your answers.
It's bad enough when people speak "ghetto"...please don't type it.

Imperial_Samura
I still say God should be open to judgement. Yes, he created us (if its true), but I don't think that should somehow negate all responsibility. I dislike that logic, so common in classic horror, where the mad creator draws back in horror and cries "but I created you, you can't do this". However, invariably they are "judged" by their creation (often in a flurry of bad special effects). But as said b-ball_chick, God created knowledge of good and evil, and I believe that it also means he created evil, and he permits evil. Honestly I don't care about the concept of free will. I see some guy planning on blowing up an orphanage, I don't shake my head and say "Well, he has free will, I will let this evil happen as its his choice", and I think its a weak argument on Gods part if that's where he stands. The fact would be, in my mind, that God is THE creator, and he KNEW what his creation was going to do. In fact he created them fully aware of what was evil, what was good, and who was going to do which. He created things, apparently, that to us have no other purpose then evil. This makes him equally liable in my books as we are.

darktim1
Everyone will will be judged after they die here or at great white throne judgement when the books will be open and will be judged on 5 things.And it said in the old days that if murdered someone it would be better to tie a rope around your throat with a stone and throw it into the ocean. thats what I read so don't get mad.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I still say God should be open to judgement. Yes, he created us (if its true), but I don't think that should somehow negate all responsibility. I dislike that logic, so common in classic horror, where the mad creator draws back in horror and cries "but I created you, you can't do this". However, invariably they are "judged" by their creation (often in a flurry of bad special effects). But as said b-ball_chick, God created knowledge of good and evil, and I believe that it also means he created evil, and he permits evil. Honestly I don't care about the concept of free will. I see some guy planning on blowing up an orphanage, I don't shake my head and say "Well, he has free will, I will let this evil happen as its his choice", and I think its a weak argument on Gods part if that's where he stands. The fact would be, in my mind, that God is THE creator, and he KNEW what his creation was going to do. In fact he created them fully aware of what was evil, what was good, and who was going to do which. He created things, apparently, that to us have no other purpose then evil. This makes him equally liable in my books as we are.
Sure, it is perfectly acceptable for us to judge God. Just don't expect anything to come of it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>