superhero olympics, superman V's all other heros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
going by the regular olympic events (but with DC and Marvel heros competing) can superman win the gold in any event?
no flying permited in the jumping events

it looks doubtful but he's entered in every event against the best comicdom has to offer, is he fastest? strongest? most agile? all olympic events considered........ whadaya think?

long pig
what?

Scoobless
it isn't complicated man, can supes win any event outright?

think he'd be good at wrestling

norrin radd
nope.

flash would beat him in all the race competitions.

IRTMU-Dragon
Superman has flown faster than the flash has run before.

Alpha Centauri
I think Superman has a shot at the 100 metres.

Hulk could do well in the shot put, discus, hammer throw, stadium throw...oops that last one doesn't work.

Dr.Doom would win the marathon. Hide behind a tree then run into the tired crowd at the end.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
Superman's outweighed by someone in every olympic aspect.

Footrace: Flash (Wally West) > Superman
Strength Competions: Hulk > Superman
Flight Race: Binary > Superman
Swimming: Namor > Superman (Namor can cross the Pacific Ocean in seconds.)
Archery: Bullseye > Superman
Gymnastics: Spiderman > Superman
Ice Skating (lol): Emma Frost > Superman

Anybody got any more?

Cosmic Cube
Superman cannot fly faster than Flash (Wally) can run. Superman cannot fly at lightspeed.

Scoobless
since when is there flying in the olympics?

he might be good at judo/boxing/wrestling/decathlon.....

Cosmic Cube
lol. I'm not sure if they have flying anymore. Maybe Superman could win in boxing... Nahh, Thor's a way better fighter. All they do in Valhalla is eat, fight, kill each other, and ressurect.

Scoobless
but it's olympic boxing where all the hits are counted as well as knockouts the flash could score more hits but supes would only have to get him once, and i think he'd beat thor on points

Scoobless
hercules would probably win the wrestling

Cosmic Cube
Hercules? Nahh... Hulk and Thor are both stronger. I say Zangief from SF would win in wrestling. ULTIMATE FINAL ATOMIC BUSTER!!!

David Duchovony
Why do people insist that the Hulk is stronger than Superman. He can lift well over 100,000 tons while Hulk at his is at 100 tons and has to get mad to achieve it.

K3VIL
Footrace: Ok that's right.
Strenght Competitions: WRONG.Superman's base strenght is above Hulk.Hulk would get madder cause he see Superman doing best shots than him, but he would still be under his strenght level, it's not instant the strenght increase, it takes time for Hulk to reach higher steps of Class 100 strenght.
Swimming: It maybe a draw, Superman's speed is anyway amazing.
Archey: Bullseye?Do you forget Hawkeye and Green Arrow.
Gymnastics: Spiderman?Plastic Man would win i think.Anyway Superman isn't an acrobat at Spidey's level but he's pretty good in that sector.Anyway not as Spidey or PM

About wrestling, both Hercules and Thor possess equal strenght, when Thor weild Mjolnir he's stronger, but even without it he would show his own.Hercules is actually at half of his full power, if Zeus give back to his son his real power he can beat the leaving crap out of Thor(without Mjolnir) and Hulk.

Scoobless
herc's about the same strength as thor and with wrestling being a greek thing he probably invented it

lightaxe
plastic man? why?

Cosmic Cube
Oh boy... You must not know much about Hulk. Do you read the Marvel comics? Hulk can lift much, much more than 100 tons, his strength is limitless. Hulk is in class 100. Class 100 means that he lifts MORE than 100 tons. That could mean he starts out at 100,000,000 tons. Who knows? All we know is that as he get's angrier, he gets stronger.

Hulk can only lift 100 tons? And he has to get angry to achieve 100 tons? Hulk lifted a 150,000,000,000 ton mountain! Hulk could easily lift more. Superman (and two of his partners) moved the moon, without the presence of gravity. The moon would weigh nowhere near 150,000,000,000 tons in space, probably closer to 30,000,000 tons. Anything Superman could lift, Hulk could lift something heavier. Superman has a limit, Hulk doesn't. He could beat anyone in a test of pure strength.

Alpha Centauri
Look, I'm a fan of Hulk but I'm getting annoyed at everyone turning every thread into a debate about Hulk's strength when it's been discussed.

Now, on topic.

-AC

K3VIL
He lift it without getting madder?This is crap writing, like 50% of the things showed in SECRET WARS saga.Savage Hulk at TOTALLY calm state is Class 70, when he's enraged he enter in Class 100, but to be a high rank of Class 100, like Silver Surfer for example, or Gladiator or Thor or Thanos he needs to get VERY pissed off.So how can he lift a mountain without a crap story written only to show Hulk lifting a mountain?
Also you don't know much about Class 100.
There are two categories of Class 100.
1st Category:
In this there are those that can lift only 100 tons or SLIGHTLY more.
2st Category
EXCESS of Class 100, those that can lift over 100 tons, that means more or outstanding more over.In this category there is Hulk when he's REALLY mad, when he's just mad he's Class 100.

He can stretch his body, he's more agile than anyone.

Cosmic Cube
Strength: Actually the strength increase IS instant. Hulk's not a battery, he just flips out. How do you know What Hulk's "base strength" is? He has never failed to lift anything. His base strength is far greater than class 100.

I considered both. Bullseye is more accurate than Green Arrow or Hawkeye. He cannot miss a motionless target.

Namor could cross the Pacific Ocean in less than a minute.

Plasticman

Hercules's strength is not restrained, and he isn't stronger than Thor or Hulk. (I'm talking about Marvel's Hercules, not Disney's.) He would lose to either.

Superman isn't agile. I don't know about Plasticman. Spidey wins, he's the most agile hero ever.

Alpha Centauri
K3VIL, word to the wise.

If you're gonna call everyone a Hulk fanboy, stop talking about him and dissing him like he's your sworn enemy, in every thread. Stop ruining the forum threads with your petty insecurities over a comic character.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
Hulk's strength is not definitely not 70 tons at a calm state, marveldirectory.com is completely wrong. I have the Official Marvel: 'Incredible Hulk' handbook. His strength is far above 100 tons. It isn't crap writing, you just don't know the facts. Hulk is much stronger than Silver Surfer, or Gladiator. There is no "Class 100" in the handbook, there is strength levels 1-7. people in level 7 can lift more (not slightly more) than 100 tons. Hulk is in level Seven, along with Galactus, Juggernaut, and Thanos. He can exceed any of them, as his strength has no limit.

K3VIL
Hercules strenght and godly powers are at half of their full level.And it comes from Marvel Handbook, it's not a fanboy site information.Zeus take out from his son 50% of his powers cause Hercules was arguing the Avengers are worth mortals and he cannot agree with his fathers opinions and diktats.Hercule says his powers are at 50% when he was called from Thor to help the Avenger in a mission to rescue the Juggernaut from the Exemplars.

Alpha Centauri
Good grief.

Talk about thread ruiners.

I tell you what, create a "Strength Class Debate" thread and do battle there. Coz it's becoming boring.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
Gladiator is essentially (though no one wishes to admit it,) Superman's virtual equal. Though Superman is much more popular, they essentially have the same abilities.

What the hell does this have to do with this thread!?

Hulk is stronger than Gladiator, but no blue-blooded Superman fan is willing to admit that Hulk is stronger than Superman. I am here to say that you are wrong. All the Hulk has is strength, and it is infinite. Hulk wins the strength competition, point blank.

David Duchovony
Hulk's strength is not infinite my friend. It has limits as he is a human being. Eventually he would probably get so mad he would have a heart attack or something of that nature. People call Superman a stupid character and that's their business but creating a character that gets stronger as he get's madder is just infantile. And if Supes and Hulk butted heads right now, Superman would tear his green ass to shreds. The Hulk's endurance and invunerability is nowhere near Superman's and it's crazy to think otherwise.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk is human? Maybe you're talking about the Hulk in the 70's TV show. You obviously haven't read any recent Marvel comics.

The Hulk is not human, and Hulk's strength is infinte. He is not powered by anger but adrenaline. His base strength is far greater than 100 tons, and is very likely greater than Superman's. His enhanced physiology and healing factor would never allow a heart attack. I understand that you like superman, but don't defame another character. "Creating a character that gets stronger as he get's madder is just infantile." And a alien in blue tights that can fly isn't? At any rate, that's your opinion. Forums are based on facts not opinions. You can't take power away from a character just because you don't see it as being logical; hell, comics aren't logical. The fact is that sooner or later Hulk is stronger than Superman, and his endurance and durability are just as good as Superman's are. That was a very biased statement.

Scoobless
i didn't call this the superman V's hulk discussion for a reason people

besides..... isn't capain marvel (shazam)stronger than superman? i'm asking not to argue but to learn as i've never read one of his mags

Cosmic Cube
Yeah, he is, so is Lobo, Doomsday, and Destroyer. I wish I hadn't even mentioned Hulk. I know the truth. I also knew all the misinformed Superman fanatics who haven't even glanced at the cover of a recent Hulk comic book would say "No, Superman is stronger!" It's unavoidable to have at least a few of them say such.

David Duchovony
Oh Cosmic, you say they are more powerful but Superman has still managed to kick their asses so many times. I don't know why you guys hate on Superman so much, and I am biased in the sense that I use common sense and it tells me the Hulk cannot defeat Superman and is let alone stronger. Anyway I'm tired of this discussing this and besides, the roof of my mouth is burned.

DarkCrawler
Superman starts at 250,000 I think. Captain Marvel is weaker then Superman. So is Lobo. And Hulk starts weaker then Superman.

Cosmic Cube
What do you mean Superman start at 250,000, he doesn't get any stronger. Even though Superman is weaker nowadays, his max is definitely higher than 250,000 though, he helped move the moon. You can't really say what Superman's strength is. DC doesn't give ability charts. But Hulk could easily and quickly become stronger than his max, whatever that is. Have someone slap Betty Ross in front of Hulk and boom, he's way stronger than Superman.

DarkCrawler
How do you know whet level of angriness he needs to be to be stronger then Superman? When someone slaps Betty, he may be only class 300 when someone kills Betty, then he may be stronger the Supes.

Cosmic Cube
The Hulk's power increases exponentially. In an mildly enraged state (mild to moderate adrenaline flow,) Hulk can lift the weight of a skyscraper. When he's pretty pissed, he can lift a 150,000,000,000 ton mountain. When he's really, really pissed, he can move the entire earth from it's orbit with a punch, or obliterate an asteroid twice earth's size. It pretty much goes on and on from there. There is no limit to his strength.

If someone attacked Betty, the love of his life, imagine how angry he would become. Imagine how angry you would be if someone walks up and slaps your mother (no offense intended.)

DarkCrawler
OK.

K3VIL
Do you know EXACTLY how his strenght would be boosted by seeing betty slapped in the ass?When those freaking cyborg lizards sended from The Base to obtain Hulk's blood were going to kill both Nadia Blonsky and Betty, Hulk was angry, but when he punch the ground to destroy the lizards the Earth's orbit wasn't modified.You're just assuming that seeing Betty Banner in danger or hurted would make Hulk a raging bull with outstanding strenght.Anyway considering that Superman is faster, in the time Hulk gets enraged, Superman would win all the strenght demonstrations and Hulk would be disqualified cause the time for the demonstrations is over.
Why for you fanboys is so hard to understand that:
Basic Strenght + Speed>Potentially Unlimited Strenght
It's simple.

Cosmic Cube
You seem to be speaking from opinion. Whether Superman can beat Hulk or not, that's not what this thread is about.

I don't hate on Superman. No one is hating on Superman. Superman is one of the most beloved characters in all comics. If anyone is being "hated on" it's Hulk. Most people who like Superman (and there are a hell of a lot of them,) bash Hulk, like yourself. "Hulk doesn't have infinite strength." "A character who gets stronger as he gets angrier is infantile." Accept the character as the writers created him. Saying Hulk doesn't have infinite strength is like saying Superman can't fly. That's his ability: infinite strength. Try to remember, some people like Hulk just as much as you like Superman. Come to grips with the fact that someone might be stronger (though not necessarily better) than Superman.

srankmissingnin
Just thought I'd point out that their is no Class 300; Class 100 incorperates everything above a certain point. The Hulk is well above the 100 ton range, it is the feets that matter for the sake of argument not some lable that was slapped on characters so they could sell hand books.

K3VIL
First of all i'm discuting, but i dont' like Superman, i mean i like him but he's not my favourite, too much strong unless in comes against him a uber alles guy or someone with kryptonite, i prefer powerhoused not so unbeatable like Thor, Cage, Namor, Captain Marvel(SHAZAM), Superboy.
Anyway i don't hate hulk, but potential is still POTENTIAL.I have the potential to be the new Einstein, but i don't like physic and math and i don't like study too much, i have the potential to be a big tough guy going to the gym every afternoon, but i'm sufficiently tough to don't need to go in every afternoon.My motorcycle have the potential to be a rocket with two wheels if i put on it NOS.
Potential is like a If.You can achieve strenght over the leve of your enem when he wouldn't give you the chance to do it and when he's faster than you so you wouldn't have time.

Cosmic Cube
We aren't talking about a fight K3VIL.

You don't have the potential to be the new Einstein (no insult intended.) You are born with an intelligence quotient. Potential is not an "if," it is a capacity. Hulk has the capacity for limitless strength. That means he can gain an infinite amount of strength. Hulk can become much stronger than Superman. And for the last time, the increase is not gradual. It correlates with adrenaline release. If massive amounts of adrenaline are released, Hulk's strength increases exponentially.

David Duchovony
Ok. Like you said this is not a fight and Betty Ross would not be a factor since it's a competition. Why would the Hulk get pissed during an Olympic competition anyway. I mean he could get mad after he lost or something but not when competing before-hand. There would be no need for him to dig deep within himself and release his blind rage if this is a friendly event. And Superman would out muscle in this scenario for sure since he would most likely be in his calm state.

Cosmic Cube
It's pretty hard to do strength comparison forums when no one knows Superman's limit, and no one knows Hulk initial strength, we just know both are more than 100 tons. DC doesn't tell Superman's strength limit, and Marvel only says that he can lift more than 100 tons, but they don't say how much "more." You can't instantly say "Superman is stronger," and you can't say "Hulk is stronger." The only way to make a comparison of strength is by comparing feats of strength as srankmissingnin suggests.

However I can say this: if Hulk is enraged (for one reason or another,) and performing at "near optimum strength," (which he essentially can't do, as his strength can increase infinitely,) Hulk would be much, much stronger than Superman.

crazyspinz
doomsday is stronger than supes, and so is lobo, and everyone can agree on that

Scoobless
but this competition is only for the "hero" types from marvel and DC no lobo/doomsday allowed........... or else galactus would walk in and win all the strength medals

Napalm
In weights hulk and juggernaut

Short and long distance running Flash

Wrestling juggernaut

agaility: Toad

Scoobless
toad???? spiderman and triathlon may be the ones competing over all the gymnastic events

Joker1237
How about the Batrang thowing contest that they hold in the olympics.

Tron
Please try to stay on topic folks, or this thread will be closed.

And Spider-Man most agile? Are we forgetting Beast?

Scoobless
no, spider-man is more agile than beast ever was

IRTMU-Dragon
Beast is so great with agility he can hold stuff with his feet... wait thats not agility is it

Scoobless
no that's ........erm......... i don't know what to call that but i can't think of an olympic event it would come in handy for

Tron
Not saying that he is or isn't, but there's a thread on here that debates whether Spider-Man is more agile than Beast or not. I'll find it when I get the time.

Fieldy69
best has good dexterity i think thats the word for it

Fieldy69
and i think hawkeye would be a better archer than bullseye after all it is his job. bulsseye would be better at something like darts

Scoobless
i don't actually know if Spider-Man or Beast would win the gymnastic events....... yes they are very agile but points are lost for bad form ie legs separated bad body alignment..... i think Triathlon may have a shot at these..... maybe Nightwing

Cosmic Cube
Writing with feet = Dexterity

Scoobless
Writing with feet = Freak........ lol

Cosmic Cube
lol

savagerampage
well hulk has a secret weapon, he will get his buddy rick jones to kick him in the balls, thus sending his strength threw the roof. hahahah

savagerampage
supermans strength

Superstrength: The exact magnitude of Superman's strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that he has at least Class 100, meaning he could lift at 100 tons under optimal conditions. However, most believe that his strength is greater than Class 100 and a few argue that he could potentially lift 100,000 tons.

he could potentially lift that weight so could the hulk, and even more.

Next Venom_girl
stick out tongue "...And the winner of the intergalactic jumping competition is that plucky little alien symbiote from Battleworld." --Spidey to Venom, In Spectacular Spider-man "The Hunger" (after Venom got so pissed off that he overshot his leap and landed face first through the roof of a nearby builiding.) laughing

Metalmanx
Just to answer a question from earlier.

Yes, in fact, there was a time when Hulk COULD NOT lift something. I apologize for not having the scan on me at the moment, but I'll look for it.

Anyway. A GIANT monster on another planet was stepping on Hulk. Basically he just planted his large foot on Hulk, crushing him into the ground. The Hulk kept getting more and more pissed. Pissed beyond the point of pissed. But he COULD NOT budge the monster at all. No matter how hard he tried.

So, that would lead me (and anyone who understands what I'm trying to say here) to believe that Hulk DOES INDEED have a limit to his strength. It's a freakin high limit. Almost not there. But it's there.

And I also recall a time where Hulk almost had a heart attack from becoming too angry. Another limit right there.

Foot Race (Any of them)--Flash.
Wrestling--Probably Hercules. He's greek and super strong after all.
Gymnastics--Spiderman (And a close runner-up would be Beast)
Archery/any accuracy contest--Bullseye
Swimming--Namor
Field--I dunno. I guess he could win this. Hulk/Juggernaut/Thor/Gladiator/ Shazzam could get in his way though. It all depends.
Ping Pong--Flash (Could hit it so fast Supes wouldn't have time to react) or Bullseye (he could possibly place it where he wants)
Badmitton--Flash again, heh.

And there are a buttload more. But those are just some ideas.

Scoobless
what about the Decathlon?..... gotta go with Superman there no?

olympian
I would get Wonder Woman, Hercules and Supes for that one.

Wrestling the gold goes for Herc. Disc trowing goes for Thor. Lifting goes for Hulk. Armwrestling being more related with durability goes for Juggernaut.

This thread is good.

whirlysplat
Supes gets a lot of second places but wins the decathlonbig grin As the best all rounderbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
Id agreed with that one. Or Surfer. Or Glads..well one of those.

And Flash of course for the running gold.

Metalmanx
Flash EASILY gets the gold in all the foot races.

But yea, the Decathalon could go to either Superman or Gladiator I think. Both are pretty evenly matched. It would be a close one indeed.

And Herc definitely gets the gold for wrestling.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.