Sidious looks stupid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HOBBE5
Why did they have to go and mess with his wardrobe. The thing that made Sidious/Emperor so scary and monstrious, was that he wore this black cloak with hood, and the only thing you saw were his hands and partially his face, though mostly the focus was on his eyes and teeth.

These new promo shots of him look scary, in the concerned scary that Lucas ****ed him up and wont look as evil, scary. I dont know why they decided to use maroon robes, cuz in the promo shot with Anakin, he looks not only down right ****ing stupid, but silly.

And his face itself, if you tie it all in, Sidious looks like Lorne's (from WB's Angel) mother.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2942863

Jedi Priestess
blink

lucasfilm
mad mad mad mad mad mad

EDIT: reported

Gangularis
he attached an image.. don't get your panties in a bunch, i'm sure the mods can detach it.

anyway, i agree with your point completely Hobbes. In episode I and II he had the dark robes, so maybe he'll be in them for at least a considerable time while he's in sideious mode.

Jackie Malfoy
Well now tht I actly see his face it is real bad.Maybe that is why he covers it with his hold because he does not want to be made fun of by the other storm troopers!JM

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Hobbe5,
I didn't feel the need to quote you, so listen carefully,

I think it's not wise to speculate too much on the hows and whys of
Sidious'appearance.
Maybe he uses a variety of different clothes in the heat of battle.
Would you want to waste your most beautiful clothing for a couple of fights.
He probably has foreseen the fact that he must fight...so why not make a sudden change of clothes, they sure look more easy to wear in combat.
If you look closely at the Hologram-photos and the scene in which he stands next to Vader(all ep3 ofcourse), it is clear he wears his black cloak.

and ehhhh....do you still look the same 30 years from now???
and ehhhh...do you always wear the same clothes or feel the need to do so???????

No hard feelings man, it's your oppinion and I have mine!

LandoSpeeder2
Hobbe5, dude, it's a movie, get over it.

Gangularis

yeah, i'm sure he'll live..

but he has every right to complain about lack of continuity. if in episode III yoda was suddenly brown, people would complain about it, and rightly so.. even though it's as you said, just a movie, and not the end of the world.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
to the best of my info is thay he gets put on three robes in the movie at part where he battels yoda its marron at the end of the movie its black

bioptical
Sidious actually looks really good in the hologram pic and that 'snarling' pic. They're finished shots, so why worry?

Why doesn't anyone ever start a 'vader/sidious look great' thread??

tlbauerle
Because sidious doesn't look good and the symmetrical vader takes getting used to...should've used ANH vader.

Red Superfly
Oh come on. Sidious - yeah I can see your point, but Vader? Come on he looks awesome!

GCG
never judge a book by its cover

well there is a dark lord of the sith , the ones we have seen him portray the robes in ep I & II , and in this, ROTS, We have sidious completly craving for revenge; the characteristics have been blown out and based on revenge. a fair progression on the temperament. im afraid i shall refrain from commenting any further until i see the movie although i consider this topic as a petty observation.

Sith Master X
Sidious looks fine.

RealDeadOne
Bingo dude.

LandoSpeeder2
But that would be like wherein the same clothes for 17-20 years.

vanyoda
I for one think that Palpatine's maternity gown looks
wonderful. smile

guiro72
"that" promo shot (with the smile) looks ridiculous.....all the finished shots from the film look great to me so far though....but have to admit a shiver of panic when i saw the bad promo shot....

JKozzy
Come on.. it's a movie. Get over it, Hobbe5...

guiro72
just a movie?.....hmmm.....i kinda doubt that you visit forums for men in black III on a regular basis and create custom sigs etc.....we will all see this several times at the cinema and buy the dvd.....even if it sucks, we will still do those things, basically we're committed to this thing in a much bigger way than almost any other film....so it's kinda like having a baby, you'll love it no matter what, but you kinda hope that it has ten fingers and ten toes.....

having said that this thread is pretty much a total waste of time....

Y-chromo kid
just a movie?.....hmmm.....i kinda doubt that you visit forums for men in black III on a regular basis and create custom sigs etc.....we will all see this several times at the cinema and buy the dvd.....even if it sucks, we will still do those things, basically we're committed to this thing in a much bigger way than almost any other film....so it's kinda like having a baby, you'll love it no matter what, but you kinda hope that it has ten fingers and ten toes

Well said

DenKi
HE LOOKS LIKE SOMTHING OUT OF POWER RANGERS FFS..

LandoSpeeder2
Ok........

Mist
Sidious is fat! WHY!!!!!

Was that whole thing where 'mace reflects sidious's lightning back at him and disfigures him' true or just rumours? Coz how does sidious get his hands and face disfigured if the lightning hits him in the face?

Red Superfly
Man, I can't wait till the movie comes out - just so it'll end these stupid "Sidious gets scarred/burnt/crippled/melted/torched/electrocuted in a fight" rumours.

The fact that so many don't seem to know what scarring looks like is kind of pathetic.

Mist
ok, so what happens?

bilbofett
Sids will look great onscreen, lighting editing, & camera angles make a world of difference.

Red Superfly
I don't know, thats why I'm waiting for the movie.

What I do know is, Sidious is not scarred in ROTJ. You don't end up looking like that from some sort of accident.

Seeing as Sidious has badly decayed teeth and dodgy Sith eyes - we know he isn't scarred because of this. Decayed teeth aren't things you can suddenly get in an accident. We also know Palpatine in "good guy" form has perfectly normal teeth - which means he is either wearring dentures or his teeth physically change or are an illusion like the rest of him. The Sith Eyes prove that he can change his appearance, at will or through emotion or whatever, so surely the rest of him can too right?

I'd put my money on Sidious simply wearring a "force-veil" to alter his appearance. Dark side clouds everything etc etc.

I mean, there's no blood or signs of there being any physical damage to his skin, no open wounds or even the characteristic shapes of scarring. Use your heads come on.

The only way he could end up looking like that head to toe by some other means would be to have radioactive crap gunked over him which mutates him - and that's way too Robocop and gory for a Star Wars flick.

I mean, Luke should be scarred badly because The Emperor was throwing lightning at him right? There's also no way Yoda would be reckless enough to throw some acid in his face, or Mace, or any Jedi for that matter.

Emperor being scarred is a rediculous idea.

Mist
i never said he did get scarred, i was just asking if that mace windu issue was a rumour or truth. i cant see a lightning blast screwing him up that badly either. also, GL or RM or someone else said we havent yet seen the full power of the darkside. so hopefully we'll get to see something REALLY bad, like force lightning only being a 1% of the power of the darkside.

bILLYgOAT
well it is the first time we have seen his face with no shadows.

bioptical
comparison

h**p://img196.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img196&image=palps2pt.jpg

he looks fine to me

Mist
where is that 4th pic from?

ARC Trooper 117
Probably when Palpatine is coming down the ramp of his shuttle in RotJ....

bilbofett
EXACTLY!!! Once you put him in some darker lighting with all the effects he will look great.

guiro72
i think the complainers are referring to one particular promo shot where he looks like mrs. doubtfire on a really bad day.....that's the only one that's worried me.....all the shots from the film look great....and the trailer.....actually one of the things that's got me most hyped about rots so far has been seeing the palpatine shots.....but you need to see this promo shot if you haven't already.....it's hysterical....or worrying.....depending on your point of view....

Sadako of Girth
Indeed...Deformed/Revealed Palps w/showing gritted teeth shot: Great...
Deformed/Revealed Palps swing sabre in trailer: Marvellous....
Deformed/Revealed Palps on hologram in BTH shot: Superb.
Deformed/Revealed Palps in the Promo in question: Ohhh dear.

He does resemble Death in 'Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey'
in that shot... PLEEEEEASE let it be a make-up test abandoned
or LFL office calender gag or something...........

Still, the first three examples of Sithliness I mentioned above
are pretty encouraging.... And there are finished shots......
Where as that "Promo" wasn't even finished - one of the
posters here, I believe, actually 'Rotoscoped' the 'sabres in...

So hopefully come May 19th we'll all be able to look back on
the afformentioned shot and laugh, relieved that our concern
was after all needless and undue.................. smile

Jedi Priestess
hysterical the things you guys argue about........ laughing

Sadako of Girth
Hey JP... That was my statement not neccesarily arguing..... smile

dew4man
yeah, but you can't smack your master down...

Jedi Priestess
That was just a blanket observation Sadako. Wasnt directed at anyone i particular. These kind of things dont bother me in the least. As long as the man's not naked or in a clown costume Im good to go. smile

PVS
laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud

bilbofett
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

guiro72
not arguing either, but that picture is just so shockingly wrong....not the costume either, don't think i even noticed that....too distracted by last minute replacement of mcdiarmid with john candy....

Sith Master X
Oh well. It's only a picture. I think it's fine myself. I'm not one to fuss over every damn thing that comes out. There's gonnna be goods, and bads.

The real thing to judge will be what's in the movie. wink

guiro72

JKozzy
I see nothing wrong with that picture.

vader519
He loks awesome in the pic. He is going to look badass in the movie fighting.

jjwil76
man, that picture of sids is so gross. nastier every time i look at it. look at the dirty a$$ fingernails. maybe they're just burnt from shocking dudes all the time. i know if i could shock people with my hands i'd do it all the time. maybe that explains why he's always smiling too. evil face

guiro72
now i'm worried.....maybe lucas can't see anything wrong with it either....and in two months time we'll all be going to see "Episode III: Revenge of the Fat Old Drag Queen".....i just have a particular view of palpatine, and it sure as hell aint this.....and now that i look at it again, the costume IS part of the problem.....

smoker4
I have some curtains that look like that costume

guiro72
well, now you know what would happen if you made clothes out of them....

smoker4
LOL the secrets of the sith are revealed, the darkside clouds everything with my curtains!

OB1-adobe
He does look like he has been eating too many Sith twinkies

guiro72
even the way he's holding his sabre and smiling.....like someone's grandma at a bad christmas party waving a sparkler after one too many gin and tonics.....

bILLYgOAT
palps saber is tiny.
I wonder if thats a reflection of his......................

smoker4
Yes but he has two sabers so what does that mean? blink

bILLYgOAT
he swings both ways
tbh

Red Superfly
I hate that turd-brown robe. Why is it brown?

Why does Dooku wear brown too? Whats with the shit-brown?

whitewookie
coz its this seasons colors?

whitewookie
plus it means he can color co-ordinate himself with anikan! i mean have u ever tried putting dark blue and dark brown next to each other?

HELLO?

smoker4
Brown is slimming

whitewookie
so what? without that brown he'd look even fatter? a 300 pound sith lord? DEAR GOD

bILLYgOAT
brown is the way to slim...

smoker4
And vertical stripes

TheFilmProphet
Or exercise stick out tongue

Jeff-Man
i dont like it how sidious laughs.
i always thought of him as being seriously evil. sad

Red Superfly
He cackled and smiled in ROTJ..........

Erm, brown isn't as slimming as black.

Black is the best colour for slimming.

I mean Darth Sidious in Eps 1 - 2 look fine - now the switch to brown has CAUSED all these "fat remarks", even though he's been that size since he started the PT. THINK!

smoker4
Browns the new black!

TheFilmProphet
Yay! Happy Dance

bILLYgOAT
Black is classic, but old.
Brown makes a cut, especially with a pin stripe

DenKi
He looks retarded, i think its a fake.

Gangularis
so where do you think he keeps his saber on him in that outfit?? i can't find the pockets.

Gangularis
at least he doesn't have that puffy lookin cloak on in this pic:

http://img187.exs.cx/img187/3420/mastersidious0av.jpg

guiro72
i'm actually pretty sure they just threw something on for the photo shoot.....lord, i hope so.....nothing i've seen from the film so far looks so bad.....quite the contrary.....

wattomaxime
Is the pic with Obi-Wan from Episode 3? It looks real!
...or not???...

TheFilmProphet
It is real and it came from here, http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/searchresults.php?browse=rots

12345m
deffinately real pic

bILLYgOAT
nice pic

Red Superfly
I love that pic so much I had to add subtitles..........

J.M FcThumbs-Up
It sure is a nice pick...but somehow I got the strange feeling, that Sids wants Ani to take a closer look at his ****!

Sidious; "I wonder if you have honest feelings about my ****, young Skywalker?"
Anakin; "It is clear, in this case size does matter, my Master!"

doctor thumb down ...........just kidding!

stick out tongue laughing rock .........Rock on!!!!!!

ryano
screw u not u jkozzy u sound

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.