The X-Files: I Want to Believe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Senor_Pessoba
X-Files 2 In The Works?

Dark Horizons reported a rumor that a second X-Files movie might start by the end of the year. The site based its report on comments made by Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully) on the British talk show Parkinson.

Anderson reportedly told the show that she and David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) have signed on, as have Robert Patrick (John Doggett) and Annabeth Gish (Monica Reyes). She added that the film might be a prequel set before the events of the TV series.

The cast will also include Brian Thompson as the alien bounty hunter and Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner, the site reported.

hmm..Id watch it..X-files kick ass..cept for the last couple seasons

Kes
YES!YES!YES! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Hmmm DAVID DUCHOVNY IN CHOCOLATE NOW THAT WOULD BE GOOD! X X X X FILES!!!!big grin big grin big grin smile smile stick out tongue

Senor_Pessoba
ummm...thats not right...

Kes
lol Diegocala started that in another thread! But he was talking about Carrie-Ann Moss in chocolate so I thought about David Duchovny! stick out tongue
What do you think it will be about?If its a prequel with Duchovny,Robert Patrick and Anabeth Gish in it either Scully is pregnant or it takes place in those 48h after she had the baby and before Mulder took of! messed So how are they gonna do that?!blink

Senor_Pessoba
im not sure really..havent heard too much about it...this is taken from a site that I went to...........As to the plot, well, you'd have to ask Chris Carter, and many have... he's not giving any details. With a full season of stories yet to be told (plus whatever course The Lone Gunmen take), the answer is probably that the movie will depend upon where the series leaves off, which, of course, we don't know yet. So mi pretty much clueless as what itll be about too....

Kes
i know where the series end. with Mulder and Scully running i presume. he did escape prison lol As for the Gunman their dad though it would be cool to see them! stick out tongue

Senor_Pessoba
yes it would

Tex
I'd love another X-Files movie.

Although I can imagine that the budget would be minuscule compared to the first.

Kes
I think it will be bigger. blink

Chimera24
Does anybody have any new information on the movie. I know that it will be a stand alone but that's about it, does anyone have any new information? embarrasment

Kes
Wish I did!embarrasment But this is all I know erm

http://www.killermovies.com/x/xfiles2/

Lt.Columbo
The X Files is the best (as well as Columbo!). I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not long ago I saw another site, that said that there will be another two X-Files Movies. Does any1 know anything about that?

P.S. I also can't wait for the new PS2 game!

Kes
X-FILES rock I haven't heared anything about 2 but that would be great!!! EXCELENTE!stick out tongue

BOPRecruit 16
when did x-files last season aire? well, since it has no new episodes anymore, just hope it can do well and people haven't forgotten about it. i used to watch the show.

battosai yuriko

Kes
It ended in may 19 http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif
But they said this one is going to be a stand-alone. You know a lose storie. So you can forget everything, it won't matter stick out tongue

bluegrass
X-Files 2 would be great. In the last episode of the XFiles they did a great job of tying in the significance of the year 2012 with the theme of the show and also the true history of the Mayan culture and the fact that there calendar ends in the year 2012. My point is, that I would love to see them tie in the movie where they left off on the series.

Kes
that would throu (sp) the no-fans off. But yeh it would be cool. Maybe with some 'action' between Mulder and scully stick out tongue

Lt.Columbo
I still watch it on Sky 1, every weekday! I have all the "File" videos, and am trying to get the boxsets.

Kes
I have from the 5th till the end taped. And I have quite a few from 4th and a few others from the erlyer seasons. I which they would do a re-run messed

Lt.Columbo
They come on the Sci-Fi channel in the US, and Sky 1 and Sky One Mix in the uk.

Kes
messed Aint got does.

Kes
My cousin has Fox(he uses a different cable) they are passing all the eps again!

Kes

Lt.Columbo
Cool! Thanx for that!

Kes
big grin

mardook
The general feeling from fans is that there isn't going to be another movie, and from the looks of it the Studio isn't even interested in a 2nd X-Files feature. sad

Kes
Dont say that!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif
Maybe if the new game does well they will see that lots of fans want the movie!

mardook
maybe! The whole thing stinks in my opinion, especially when shows like Taken are a big hit in Canadian TV while FOX is still stuck on the reality tv bit and comic book to screen hard on. I don't forsee X-files until sometime around 2006 though upcomingmovies.com lists it as 2004 TBA but that hasn't been updated in ages. Goodluck!

smile

Kes

mardook
Hello Kes,

I don't know whether you came across an article on Cinecon.com about the showest thingy that happened in Vegas I believe. There was rumour that Fox is trying to sell the X-Files franchise to another studio. This could be a good thing and a bad thing, good if someone becomes really interested in it. Bad, meaning no movie is forseeable for this or next year. I'll see if I can find the article in question. smile

mardook
Well kick me in the mouth Kes,

after I justed finished posting that I decided to check DH and low and behold I find this.

March 30th 2004

While promoting his comedic turn in the upcoming "Connie and Carla", our LA correspondent on the ground Paul Fischer asked co-star David Duchovny whether the much-rumoured "X-Files" movie is likely to happen, and to everyone's surprise, he gave a resoundingly positive response.

"It's definiely happening", the actor said. "Chris has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects Mulder to develop in the film, the actor said "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show and I think the whole point. I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."

big grin

alic88
kewl

Kes
You didnt believe me? embarrasment

stick out tongue

A.D. Skinner
Thank you for the updated Kes ! I can always count on you for all my X-Files news !

Kes
big grin Gillian is getting great reviews for her role in The sweetest thing in Baseball (not sure that is the correct name.). Cool smile

Kes
Pretty much the same but always good to read:
Duchovny Expects Second 'X-Files' Movie

LOS ANGELES (AP) - David Duchovny expects that Mulder and Scully will ride again one day.

Duchovny said a second big-screen installment of "The X-Files" remains in the works. Though he doesn't know the plot, Duchovny said "X-Files" creator Chris Carter has signed off on the story premise.

"I'm dying to hear it," the 43-year-old actor told The Associated Press in an interview for his new movie "Connie and Carla," starring Nia Vardalos and Toni Collette, which opens April 16. "So now it's just a matter of making sure everybody can get together at the same time and do it."

"I'm at the point where I finally miss it," Duchovny said. "I wanted the grind to end, but I never wanted the show just to end. And I'd always had this fantasy and hope that it would be a movie franchise. Hopefully, this second movie will give it a foundation as such."

Kes
Apperently the 2nd movie has been annonced!http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408346/

alic88
this is so cooool. cant wait!

Kes
Well it might not, I forgot IMDB does this a lot. Well ppl start talking about a movie they announce it but have no official proof.

hayden's minx
So I hear that X Files 2 has been reconfirmed as a one off investigation.
Although the details haven't been officially resubmitted into the imdb yet, David Duchovny (<3) and Gillian Anderson are both involved, and it seems this will be pre Dogget etc (Yes!).
David Duchovny said:
"Mulder and Scully investigate one particular case that has nothing to do with alien life. It has to do with supernatural stuff"
and also Gillian Anderson said something along the lines of that it's going to be a scary mother...

Thoughts?
I'm excited actually, should be goood.
More crap about it HERE

MildPossession
Nothing is official about the second film, not even in pre production. Just rumours and what Duchovny and Carter want to happen.

Gillian Anderson hasn't even said if she will take part in the next film officially.

Duchovny keeps saying different things about the second movie.

As much as I want a second movie, I'll wait till it's official before getting my hopes up.

KillTheLight
It's not happenig they took it off imdb a few months back.

Silver Stardust
I heard just today that both David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are going to be in it, and that it will be based more in the supernatural than aliens.

Personally, I'm totally psyched...I love the X-Files big grin

KillTheLight
where did you hear that?? if it was on the net you got a link to the site?

Silver Stardust
No...it was an article I saw in a newspaper when I was cleaning up the kitchen...don't know why I didn't keep it messed

MildPossession
It's NOT official.

forumcrew
There's No Progress on The X-Files 2
Source: TV Guide
January 20, 2005

Despite what David Duchovny said at the Critics' Choice Awards, TV Guide checked with The X-Files creator Chris Carter's agent who says there's no progress on a sequel:

Actually, it looks like David Duchovny was getting a little ahead of himself when he told USA Today last week that the film was slated to begin production later this year. "There's nothing at the moment going on," Chris Carter's agent, Elliott Webb, says. "There is no negotiation, there's no script written, there's nothing other than a desire for people to get together." Bummer

The first movie based on the popular TV series, co-starring Gillian Anderson, was released in 1998.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=8010

Silver Stardust
I wish they'd get something going already...Chris Carter has been saying since just after Fight the Future came out that they'd be making a second X-Files movie.

forumcrew
yea i was never a huge fan of the show but i did like the movie

Silver Stardust
I was a HUGE fan of the show...I didn't like the last two seasons though. So it'd be really nice if they'd do the second movie.

MildPossession
I liked every season, massive fan of the X-files.

hayden's minx
noooooooo
I need another David Duchovny fix damn it.
I just watched series 6 - 9 in the past 4 days, and dear me, the last seasons suck arse. There needs to be Mulder in it,or it won't work. And also no Scully Monologues, they really piss me off.

haledann
I would just love for it to come out. I'll be at the premier if anyone wants to know smile

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by haledann
I would just love for it to come out. I'll be at the premier if anyone wants to know smile

Are they actually making another one. I heard talk of a sequel months ago, but nothing since.

Bicnarok

Morning_Glory
New Trailer

FeUtHxIWl1w&eurl

it's not great but o well

MildPossession
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t472895.html

Already there. Can't wait.

Morning_Glory
when there are multiply threads never know which one is the right one to post in sad

Xyn1407
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
when there are multiply threads never know which one is the right one to post in sad

I don't think it matters on this one. This movie I can already tell will be awesome. I cannot wait for this to hit theaters. I just watch the trailer and got chills up my spine when I heard the music.

Julian Anderson Is SWEEEEET

ragesRemorse
cant WAIT

MildPossession
I can't wait to see how they bring the subject of Scully's child into the film.

MildPossession
The 'proper' actual teaser trailer is up:

X-Files Trailer

Don't know how long it will be up, can't wait till the official.

ottergirl25
Originally posted by MildPossession
I can't wait to see how they bring the subject of Scully's child into the film.

Unfortunately I think they will gloss over the topic of Scully's child (William, right?) I'm a huge X-Files fan. I ever wrote my MA thesis on The X-Files~ yes, I'm a nerd.

I can't wait for the movie. I'm so freaking excited. I'm just wary about certain things. It's like- I don't want it to concentrate on the love aspect between the two (which they should have always- no matter how badly some of us longed for it to happen- they should have always had it one step away, just a glimmer that never came to fruition) but I also don't want it to be as if it never happened. I also can't imagine it having nothing to do with aliens. The main philosophy behind the show dealt with aliens- it was the main mythology. How can they possibly leave it out?

BruceSkywalker
I may see this. I have to see pictures from it.

MildPossession
Well look at the trailer...

Carter has said that the child aspect will be one part of the film apparently, don't know how much. Yep William. Oo I so want to read your thesis!!

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ottergirl25
Unfortunately I think they will gloss over the topic of Scully's child (William, right?) I'm a huge X-Files fan. I ever wrote my MA thesis on The X-Files~ yes, I'm a nerd.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Oo I so want to read your thesis!!

Me too. U should post it.

MildPossession
I WANT TO BELIEVE - the title of the second film.

FlappingMangera
Regardless of the title, I was sold on this film when I saw Billy Connolly was in it. The title is alright.

Peach
Originally posted by ottergirl25

I can't wait for the movie. I'm so freaking excited. I'm just wary about certain things. It's like- I don't want it to concentrate on the love aspect between the two (which they should have always- no matter how badly some of us longed for it to happen- they should have always had it one step away, just a glimmer that never came to fruition) but I also don't want it to be as if it never happened. I also can't imagine it having nothing to do with aliens. The main philosophy behind the show dealt with aliens- it was the main mythology. How can they possibly leave it out?

How could they possibly leave it out? Easily. The movie's not meant to be part of the mythology but more along the lines of the stand-alone "monster of the week" episodes.

BruceSkywalker
The title is X-Files: I Want To Believe

Here are some pictures

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_14519.html

Peach
http://movies.ign.com/articles/873/873102p1.html

They're releasing a trailer on Monday (supposedly at midnight though I'm not sure what timezone).

Personally, I'll stay up late just to see it as soon as possible...stick out tongue

Peach
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/379767/the-x-files-i-want-to-believe/videos/xfilestrailer_050908.html

The official trailer big grin

MildPossession
Not as thrilling as the Fight The Future trailer but still fabbbbbbbbbb.

oldstreet
That was the online teaser.

You can find the new trailer at xfiles.com. This trailer is better than the teaser.

MildPossession
It was the full trailer I watched not the teaser.

oldstreet
Originally posted by oldstreet
That was the online teaser.

You can find the new trailer at xfiles.com. This trailer is better than the teaser.

The first theatrical trailer was released by FOX last week.

ragesRemorse
I wonder if Scully is still going to disbelieve Mulder this time around. How much physical evidence does a ho need?

MildPossession
Again, the one you are on about was one I saw some time ago, like I said. I know the difference between the teaser and the full trailer thank you.

Grinning Goku
God I can't wait. I love the X-Files more than people.

Peach
Yeah, it really can't be the 25th soon enough.

ragesRemorse
I've been excited for this movie for about 8 years now, but why would they open this movie so close to the Dark Knight? Granted, they both have a mature and specific audience, but damn.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I've been excited for this movie for about 8 years now, but why would they open this movie so close to the Dark Knight? Granted, they both have a mature and specific audience, but damn.

I blame the oil companies.

A.D. Skinner
I don't think that the two biggest movies of the summer being released a week apart from each other will lower sales.

In fact, I plan on going to see both, just as I am sure a lot of other people will be.

X-Files 2 has been a long time coming, and I am glad that Chris Carter is continuing his legacy...at least on the big screen...although I am still hopeful that maybe one day we will have a return of the series!

Long live Skinner!

SpaceMonkey
Not very excited about X-Files 2. Seems like they tried too hard to come back strong.

Impediment
The name sounds kinda cheesy, if you ask me.

BruceSkywalker
I never really got into the tv show. Gillian Anderson is a MILF so I may see this just for her.

Peach
Originally posted by Impediment

Eh, it was one of the main catchphrases of the show and is also a nod to the fans.

Well, I'm seeing this tonight at midnight. Really cannot wait, so excited for it. I've read a couple of early reviews and it seems as though the movie is actually going to be quite good - Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars.

(btw, there's some spoilers in that review, so read at your own discretion...stick out tongue)

Mairuzu
Gonna pass on this one

MildPossession
I read a few negative reviews, one is someone I usually agree with and he called it one of the worst movies of 2008 so far... and he was a fan of the series and first film too.

ragesRemorse
you know, the trailer is really really boring, so...,

MildPossession
It's nothing like the trailer for Fight the Future, that had a fantastic trailer. Certainly not boring. I see what you mean about the new one though.

The trailer I was on about that is not boring, especially from 1.06 and onwards, fab music:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qC9RHEnlS68

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Peach
Eh, it was one of the main catchphrases of the show and is also a nod to the fans.

Well, I'm seeing this tonight at midnight. Really cannot wait, so excited for it. I've read a couple of early reviews and it seems as though the movie is actually going to be quite good - Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars.

(btw, there's some spoilers in that review, so read at your own discretion...stick out tongue)

He's pretty spot on with his reviews, so I'll watch it. I've never really been a fan of X Files, but I'll watch it with an open mind.

Darth Vicious
Im looking forward to it. Ebert giving it 3 1/2 stars is more reason for me to watch it.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Impediment

"The truth is out there..."

BackFire
Just an FYI, I wouldn't put too much stock in Ebert's review. After all, he gave The Happening like a 3 out of 4, and that movie was garbage.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BackFire
Just an FYI, I wouldn't put too much stock in Ebert's review. After all, he gave The Happening like a 3 out of 4, and that movie was garbage.

dude, he also gave a thumbs up for fast and the furious. TOKYO DRIFT.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im looking forward to it. Ebert giving it 3 1/2 stars is more reason for me to watch it.

no

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach

Doesn't help the cheesyness I feel.

The show was cool thouh.

Syren
I never really got into the show, but I was blown away by the trailer so I think I'll be going to see it yes

The trailer that I thought was brilliant was on the official movie site - www.xfilesmovie.co.uk - under Trailers & Videos, 'Theatrical Trailer'. Just in case anyone argues that the trailer's crap stick out tongue

MildPossession
Yeah seen that one, it's better than a few that are out there for the movie, but not up there with the one for Fight the Future.

Peach
Saw the movie last night at midnight.

I did go into it not expecting it to be that great (let's face it, Fight The Future wasn't actually that good of a movie, and movie adaptations of TV or books generally aren't great), but I was pleasantly surprised and thought the movie was actually very good. It really just felt like a regular episode, except longer and more polished (and obviously the fact that it takes place 6 years after the series ended).

Easy to watch if you didn't follow the series, but still enough little references for the fans to catch - we were dying laughing at some of the little things that got tossed in.

Also, there's a scene at the end of the credits that the entire theater burst out laughing at, it was so obviously a nod to the fans of the show it was ridiculously funny.

Over all, it was a good movie, and I was happy with it. Mulder and Scully are still the same as they ever were and it was great.

(also, I really love seeing movies at midnight. It's a guarantee that everyone's as much of a geek as you are. It's great when everyone starts cheering or clapping or laughing at the same things)

Entity
God that movie sucked sooo much ass. They could've easily fit that in one crappy episode and still it didn't even touch on any of the damn things I went to see the movie to find out.

I wondered why there were only like 8 people in the whole damn theatre and now I see that obviously allot of people musta got the heads up about it that I didn't.

My advise for anyone even thinking about this movie is just walk away and forget they even mentioned it. I'm sure now after that crap that the X-Files franchise is over and I'll never get the answers I always wanted as I'd feared. Everyone was bitching about how horrible the movie was on the way out.

I don't know what movie Peach went to see but I wish she'd invited all of us in room 5 too watch it with them. lol

GGS
It was sooooooooooo bad what kind of plot was that it didn't make no sense what's so ever. Such a cheap cash in.

ragesRemorse
I just returned from seeing this movie. I must say that i was very skeptical on seeing this, even as an X-files fan. Across the boards the movie was destroyed. In fact the only people who seem to have enjoyed this movie are the x-files fans. The movie seems ten years to late, every one hated it and the trailer was about as interesting as a bag of bricks. So, i had very low expectations going into the theater. I must say though, it is actually a good movie. It is not a great movie, but it is by no means a bad movie.

I think people seriously need to re-evaluate their reviews. It is an old fashion suspense/mystery. Sure, it never yearns to be anything more and never succeeds anything more, but with a solid script and interesting characters, is that a bad thing? The movie is very character driven. I also thought that it was just filmed very well.

My only complaint about this movie is that it didn't do much to bring closure to the series. As movie fan the story was fine. As a movie fan the story was entertaining and held my interest. As an x-files fan, however, The story was disappointing. The movie rarely felt like the x-files. This movie could have very easily been told with with two different characters in place of Mulder and Scully. Other than the re-introduction into Mulder and Scully's characters this movie made very little attempt to connect itself with the x-files.

The script, however, is very good and is legitimately interesting. Again, though, it rarely, if ever feels like an x-files movie. This would have been fine if this were the first x-files movie or a sequel that had came out when x-files was still alive. It isn't though. This sequel is the last breath for the x-files characters. I truly believe Carter made this movie to bring new fans to the series, setting up for another sequel. This was the last chance to give all of the x-files fans answers to all of the question that were asked and posed. It did none of this. No closure was given and no questions were answered.

So, as an x-files fan the movie was disappointing, but as a movie fan it succeeded. It is no where near as bad as critics say it to be though. If you like mysteries and suspense flicks. Pick this up when it comes to dvd. It really is quite entertaining.

MildPossession
I know a lot of full on X-Files obsessives who were absolutely disappointed with the movie and didn't like it.

ragesRemorse
oh yeah, me too, but unlike the first movie. The attempts this movie made to appeal towards a broader audience failed. I believe Carter would have been better off making a flat out fan movie. I guess its bad foreshadowing when the Director loses faith in the fan base to support the material.

Darth Vicious
I just watched it. I liked it. It wasnt great by any means but it was pretty good. It didnt have the X-files feel to it. If Mulder and Scully wasnt there, it could pass as a non X-files movie. For a minute I thought they were setting up a new X-files series with Xzibit and Amanda Peet as leads, until she ****. I miss the old series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.