2 read, or not 2 read?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Volundro Ramm
When TPM came out i decided not to read the book before i saw the film. Since the film came out, i didn't get round to reading the book and probably never will. The reason being that the film wasn't all that(sorry). But now after reading interviews and seeing trailers of AOTC i've been left dribbling for more. It looks darker, Fett is in it, theres hardly any Gungans in it and Anakin isn't that annoying little brat anymore(sorry). So to the question, 2 read or not 2 read. The new novelization that is. I just can't make up my mind wether to read it or not. Will reading it spoil the film. AAAAAAARRRRGGG.

Gundark
I never read the book before I see the film.

ToMacco
No, don't see it. It will ruin the movie. You've waited this long, you can wait a little longer.

I read part of the damn scriptment, or whatever the hell you call it, and I'm pissed, because I learned more than I wanted to.

yerssot
nah, no reading, perhaps someday, a year orso later, lower prices smile

Ushgarak
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

No reading!

TPM novel was poor, anyway.

ToMacco
Seems like the solution is obvious, VR

yerssot
yeah! read it stick out tongue

He-Man
Yeah, but read it after you've seen the film.

DarthKris
well, I'm goin to buy the book, but I'll read it after I've seen the movie.
I once read a book before I saw the movie, that's complete shit!

peluffo
Buy the book, don't go to theatre, read it and see the film on your mind with Dicaprio as Anakin and Gabriel Byrne as Tyranuus stick out tongue

yerssot
spoiler tags Peluffo!
Now everyone knows the movie will be shown in theaters!

LanceWindu
I'm gonna be the outsider here. I will read the book before the movie. I love to read, what can I say?

yerssot
that you love to read

LanceWindu
OK I love to read.

Ushgarak
I bet you can say more than that.

LanceWindu
Well I also don't really care if I'm spoiled for the movie. It's still going to be great. I will be able to see the pages of the book and what the book is trying to explain. It will be great no matter what.

Is that better Ush?

Ushgarak
There, told you so!

LanceWindu
It took a combined effort of my brain cells to come up with that too.

Julie
I'm already spoiled so I'm gonna read the book just as soon as I can get my hands on it!

LanceWindu
What more can we say? We're book worms.

Julie
guilty as charged smile

DarthKris
I remember when I once read the raiders of the lost ark novel before I actually saw the movie...
I was disappointed like hell when there was only one kiss and not three like in the novel.
what I don't like about movies is that you can't read the thoughts of the characters.
okay, it depends on the book too, if you have scenic presentation you, too, have no comments from the narrator, but I guess the star wars novel will be in panoramic presentation.

yerssot
don't read before the movie!

just a word of advice... from the wacko...
trust me or not, that's the question

DarthKris
Trust me, I trust you, one bad xperience and I don't really want another...
although I can imagine reading the book after seeing the movie, having the ost running in the bg. that sounds nice. smile

mah
reading it and then knowing what will happen all the time when you're watching the movie, that would be bad.

yerssot
so stay away from the scene by scene description! I mean books!

DarthKris
oh, I read the spoilers, but every hp says different things, so...
books don't follow the complete storyline... sometimes things are different... and you'll be very disappointed then

Julie
so you read spoilers, but you're not going to read the book because that would spoil you????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.