mayor of sunset strip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caballera
I was curious if anyone had info on this movie... i've seen little vague supposed-to-be-intriguing ads around town.....

caballera
wait...it was one of the trailers i didn't watch yet on budweiser.com/1 ...still, does anybody have info on it?

Kes
Written and directed by George Hickenlooper.
A look at the history of fame in the world through the eyes of pop star impresario, Rodney Bingenheime.
"Actors":

Rodney Bingenheimer .... Himself
Tori Amos .... Herself
Billie Joe Armstrong .... Himself
Beck .... Himself
Sonny Bono .... Himself
David Bowie .... Himself
Cher .... Herself
Alice Cooper .... Himself
Cherie Currie .... Herself
Michael Des Barres .... Himself
John Doe .... Himself
Corey Feldman .... Himself
Kim Fowley .... Himself
Liam Gallagher .... Himself
Deborah Harry .... Herself
George Hickenlooper .... Himself
Mick Jagger .... Himself
Joan Jett .... Herself
Davy Jones .... Himself
Kato Kaelin .... Himself
Lance Loud .... Himself
Courtney Love .... Herself
Chris Martin .... Himself
Paul McCartney .... Himself
Poe .... Herself
Joey Ramone .... Himself
Keanu Reeves .... Himself
Paul Reubens .... Himself
David Lee Roth .... Himself
Nancy Sinatra .... Herself
Phil Spector .... Himself
Gwen Stefani .... Herself
Pete Townshend .... Himself
Ronald Vaughan .... Himself/Isadore Ivy: Spaceman-at-Large
Brian Wilson .... Himself
Lisa Worden .... Herself
Neil Young .... Himself

movieman
Rodney on the Rock is a radio jockey here in LA on KROQ, and he's known by a lot of of the bands.

And it's a documentary about him. I can't wait to see it. But if you don't live in LA, I don't know if you'd like it, since you've probably never listened to Rodney.

caballera
thanks for the info!!!!!

BobbyJay_533
Hi there!

I actually posted something about this film earlier this month -- I heard the premiere was last night in LA and there was a huge turnout of celebs!!! check the film site for theater dates - oh and they have an e-card that plays clips from the soundtrack (as well as the player) --

BobbyJay_533

Best of Both: Film and Music
Has anyone seen the trailer for Hickenlooper's new film, Mayor of the Sunset Strip? It's at mayorofthesunsetstrip. com - the cast (or i guess guest appearances?) looks incredible - coldplay, brooke shields, keanu, oasis, david bowie, courtney love, gwen stefani... and the soundtrack supposedly includes coldplay, alice cooper, etc... does anyone know more about this film... about the story of Rodney Bingenheimer (KROQ) ?? Thoughts?
Happy Dance Happy Dance

caballera
this is so exciting! now i can't wait to see it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.