Wolverine vs. Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

uQifg2WV
It would be really close

Mane
no. Wolverine wins. the healing factor would win it for him. and he slices Pred's head off.

wolverine8888
lol what a joke this fight last 10 sec top wolverine claws go right through him that not even funny how un even thsi fight would be

Kontraz
Pred's faster and stronger though.... plus his weapons could possibly (probably?) cut through adamntium. I'd even go as far as to say his weapons ARE adamantium, as they are insanely strong, very light weight, and relatively unknown to earth. They might even be stronger than adamantium.

wolverine8888
batman beat preditor wolverien cna deffently beat batman and preditor is not stronger nor faster then wolverine he actauly weaker and a lot slower. wolverine is a echance human he can lift 24 tons. no non of preditor stuff is made of adamantium this fight liek I said is wolverien would totaly domminate perditor and be liek when he fought those demons with night crawler.

wolverine8888
wolverien can

uQifg2WV
thats because of batman preptime. he could beat wolverine with prep time. he'd get like a giant magnet.

Kontraz
Umm.... how do you know the pred's stuff isn't of adamntium? It IS indestructable......

uQifg2WV
and god dude you have some serious typos. its getting hard to read. your making me think... i wont like me when i think... seriolusly dude thinking hurts

Kontraz
oh, and do a little research... wolverine has normal human strength... (check out marveldirectory.com)

uQifg2WV
that was to wolverine

wolverine8888
no it not the aliens acid goes right through it

uQifg2WV
really... thats interesting, normal human strength.

uQifg2WV
alien acid ignores hardness, annd does at least 5d8 acid damage. Nerd power

wolverine8888
lol sorry about typos u do know marvel dictionary is wrong and very otu dated my info is from the x-men 2004 guide witch is straight from the marvel company it self

Kontraz
actually it doesn't. It goes through the unblooded (young) predator's ARMOR, simply to give them a disadvantage. If you want proof on the weapons, look at the pred's spear and throwing star. Both got acid all over em, but did they melt? Not in the least. (im referring to the movies for those weapons, in the comics none of the weapons OR armor is effected by the acid, and this is a comic discussion, correct?)

also, acid can eat through any substance, given the right form of acid. It is a chemical reaction,it doesnt deal physical damage, so strength can't be judged by acid.

wolverine8888
true but there no way to tell is wolverien claws cna go through thou there deffently a way to tell if he can beat one because batman beta one and there no way batman could take wolverine

uQifg2WV
im still going for nerd power.

wolverine8888
can ,beat **** sorry about typos I am so tired

uQifg2WV
its ok, god... i mean me, so yeah god forgives all

wolverine8888
woleverine is enchance human strength witch is 24 tons actauly there a rrange but I dont feel like getting it.

Kontraz
did batman beat one alone? Not by a long shot. And it could only take one hit from the speargun to down wolverine possibly....

wolverine8888
lol spear gun wont do shit to wolverine I seen him been drop 2000 feet and blown up and lived. also batman did take one alone

uQifg2WV
yeah wolverine has died like 8000 times

wolverine8888
lol how he a live still then

Kontraz
decapitation would kill him permentantly. What do you think the speargun does? lol.

uQifg2WV
i shoulda used the quotations. he doesn't actually die. he gets impaled, crushed... and then regenerates. Yay.

nomsans
wolverine of course. especially in the wilderness where wolvy can smell em comin'.

Solidarsenal
Yes Preds camouflage wouldn't work cuz of wolverine smell and wolverine has been blasted by a sentinel and lived so the preds lasers wont work and just forget the spears cuz wolverine has been stabbed so many times and lived. this goes to wolverine IMO

lightaxe
whens last time wolverine lifted 24 tons. ever.

lightaxe
also your typos make me want to die.

Kontraz
i said speargun, not spears. Think of the speargun as a sniper rifle that doesn't shoot bullets, it shoots these nifty little Y-shaped deals that cling to whatever apendage they hit and rip it clean off its body. That means, if the pred shot wolverine in the head with this, his head would go bye-bye, hence him dying (and don't say the adamantium would hold it in place, because between your vertebrae in your neck, there is only muscle and nerves, with a bit of cartiledge.

Swanky-Tuna
The pred would probably make one of those muffled deep laughs that things with masks usually do as he targets Wolverine and starts filling him with whatever his shoulder cannon shoots.

norrin radd
wolverine can win this one, pred has no adamantium come on, adamantium exists in marvel comics.

Solidarsenal
I'm already making the noose

wolverine8888
batman beat one so wolverine would have little trouble in deed taking one and also in Marvel THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE X-MEN 2004 wolverine can lift up to 25 tons and can lift 800 pounds with no trouble.

norrin radd

wolverine8888
lol

Solidarsenal
lol

wolverine8888
I agree with norrin that other dude deffently admitted preditor was beaten bye batman in another forum

uQifg2WV
dude this is my most sucessfull forum. almost 3 pages

Kontraz
i know batman DID beat him, but he was already injured and had killed a shitload of people. Its not to say a regular human CAN'T beat him though (hell, danny glover did...). I was saying that the predator is not out of the ordinary when it comes to "super powers" (he has good strength, and some good weapons, not GREAT).

So yes, batman beat him and the pred is a "street level" fighter, but batman did not do so alone by a long shot.

wolverine8888
wolverine is above street fighter soo u just proved that wolverine would pritty much kick it ass

nomsans
depends...
in the jungle, wolverine has got predator licked. not so sure about a metropoliton city. since predator can travel via rooftops and scale buildings, and wolverine doesnt use guns. which brings an interesting idea. like the indian guy from the 1st predator movie, if predator sees that wolvy is only using claws, then prdator might be inclined to fight wolvy hand to hand err...blade to blade. in which, in my opinion, wolvy has him beat.

uQifg2WV
Isn't Predator Stronger. Remember Decap

Swanky-Tuna
Then the official handbook is probably wrong. What does it say exactly?

Nataku8188
Predator wins, no problem. If the enemy has ANY type of weapon, they will kill it with extreme prejudice. The pred is definitly stronger then Wolverine, and as far as weapons go, there is no telling whether or not adamantium will cut through it. Either way, the pred is bound to have some sort of item to through off his scent, like a real hunter. Because, you know, these guys do hunt AS THEIR LIFESTYLE. I mean, are you telling me throughout their entire existince, they've never encountered something that has a superior sense of smell? Not only that, but if wolverine DOES manage to get close without getting a facefull of plasma (Which would burn through his flesh, splashing through his eyesockets and melt his brain) or too many limbs removed by the speargun, the Pred will just net him.

"Wolverine will cut through it" I'm sure he will, considering the odds are that his limbs will be twisted at such an angle that even with his claws out, his arms will be locked to his body so he can't twist his hands enough to cut all of the wire. Meanwhile itll be digging through his skin to his bone and the pred gets free time to punch holes in his flesh with the speargun.

Yeah, wolverine would survive a speargun shot to his chest, but it's not like he's gonne regrow it instantly. His healing takes a good amount of time. If he loses a limb, it's gonna regrow (eventually) with bone instead of adamantium, so he's gonna get ass****ed even worse. Not only that, but if he doesn't kill the pred in one go, the pred is gonna take off and heal.

Someone mentioned wolverine winning in the jungle. That's more likely to win for the pred, Because the pred can jump 20 feet to branches wolverine is gonna have to work like a ***** to get up to. Meanwhile Pred will jump tree to tree and blast him to shit with his plasmacaster. Oh yeah, smelling doesn't work if the Predator is upwind or there is no wind at all, especially somewhere like the jungle where the pred's musk will melt into the humidity.

Let's look at the pred's weapons for more confirmation;
Wristblades: Have cut through ten centimeters of solid steel. Have shown to be nearly indestructable and razor sharp. As far as we know they can go toe to toe with adamantium.

Spear: Think of the wristblades on a stick.

Speargun: OWERS! This baby fire's little (and sometimes big) Y shaped spears that move faster then the speed of sound, and carry enough force to tear limbs from your body. Not only that, but they are nearly indestructable and razor tipped as well. The pred could staple Wolvie to a wall and laugh as he tries to pull himself free.

Netgun: Fires an extremely durable net at high speeds. The net has a mechanism that tightens it when it is stuck to a wall, it is strong enough to pierce alien's carapce which can shrug of any lead weapons without problem. It has been shown to even cause Uranium-depleted M41E USCM to ricochet if not hit at a direct angle.

Disc: Nearly indestructable disc that homes in on a targeted enemy, capable of tearing through almost anything. This went through like 4 chunks of frozen cow without losing any mometum (That's enough to stop just about any hand-operated weapon known to man)

Plasma Caster: This baby fires balls of pure plasma, which will burn directly through ANYTHING (I have yet to see something they didn't go through) they hit. You know why? Because it's freaking PLASMA! If this doesn't destroy wolverine's adamantium, it's going to heat it up enough to make Wolverine VERY uncomfortable. Even so, it'll still splash and melt through his organs and put him down long enough for the pred to have his fun with the Canuck.

uQifg2WV
my god i loved that response

FrothByte
nataku said it all. how can you guys even think wolvi is gonna win? the pred has to be something like 5 times stronger than wolverine, plus had a lifestyle that was built purely in fighting and hunting. add all the cosmic weaponry and wolverine is one fried maddaf***er. sure wovi's got healing and adamantium, but that doesn't stop him from getting knocked out. and i do think the pred is more than capable of knocking him out. if the fight came down to hand to hand combat with each fighter just having the claws, then wolvi will have a good chance at winning. but considering all the weapons the pred has, bye bye logan.

uQifg2WV
you guys rock more than i thought physically possible for someone who doesnt have their own comic

Nataku8188
Oh, I have my own comic, it's called;

Nataku owns wolverine8888 in every forum discussion, EVER.

Oh yeah, god I rule.

uQifg2WV
wow so frothebyte rocks more than i thought possible for anyone who doesn't have their own comic. your rock more than average for someone who has is own comic

Solidarsenal
How much do I rock?

uQifg2WV
not as much as Venom or Ghost Rider but more than Spiderman or All the goblins excluding Demo

Solidarsenal
Do I rock more then Aunt May?

uQifg2WV
god no she ranks up their far past Venom or Ghost Rider. infact shes like Demo Venom Ghost Rider Carnage Scorpian Spiderman with the venom symbiote and a lot more cool characters i cant think of at the moment.

uQifg2WV
all in one

Nataku8188
You forgot Deadpool and Agent X

Paola
uQifg2WV & Solidarsenal: stop with the pointless posts!!!

uQifg2WV
sorry plz spare my life thank you

MERCILOUS
Wolverine doesn't carry ranged weaponry, a predator will defintley fight him hand to hand.
Preds most defintiley are the better stalkers/hunters.
Wolverine is tougher than you're giving him credit, He would cut threw that net.
Only a dishonorable predator would use a plasmacaster versus an opponent with only melee weapons.
Wolverine in the jungle. LOL. It doesn't even matter. Any pred will make better use of the terrain.
Toe to Toe with adamantium? Sorry bub. the canuck's got you on this one. I'm sure pred weaps would stand up for a while, but not to long a while.
Either way, you're pretty much right. Preds get the first blow, they get the last.
I just think you're being a little hard on old Wolvie. I don't much like him either but come on, give the devil his due.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Wolverine doesn't carry ranged weaponry, a predator will defintley fight him hand to hand.

Neither do aliens but they still blast them with plasma casters. Why? Because they are hunting, they want some challenge, but not to the point where it is exceedingly difficult. That's like trying to fight a wolf with a knife... you can win but its going to be really not fun times.

Preds most defintiley are the better stalkers/hunters.

Duh.

Wolverine is tougher than you're giving him credit, He would cut threw that net.

How is he going to cut through a net when his forearms are pinned to his chest? He can move his wrist but that wont help him if he can't get the claws around enough to cut the rest of his body free. Not only that, but in the time it will take him to get free, the pred could net him again or just blast him.

Only a dishonorable predator would use a plasmacaster versus an opponent with only melee weapons.

At this point it's obvious you don't know a lot about the predators, so I'll let you go by refering to the first response of this post.

Wolverine in the jungle. LOL. It doesn't even matter. Any pred will make better use of the terrain.

Pretty much

Toe to Toe with adamantium? Sorry bub. the canuck's got you on this one. I'm sure pred weaps would stand up for a while, but not to long a while.

How can you be so sure? These are the aliens that can travel through deep space, and your telling me they can't come up with a metal more powerful then adamantium? Right, I'll believe that.

Either way, you're pretty much right. Preds get the first blow, they get the last.

The pred gets all the blows or he's not as good as he needs to be, to be facing off against this X-Man.

I just think you're being a little hard on old Wolvie. I don't much like him either but come on, give the devil his due.

I think you're giving him too much credit.

uQifg2WV
hey a new Wolverine Vs. Pred thread has been opened... i might cry.

MERCILOUS
Well Nataku, I think i know quite enough about the yautja. This knowledge also includes there code of honor, which you did not mention at all. While it is true that different clans impose there honor on there members more than others, basically, only a rogue predator or "bad blood" would do a thing as dishonorable as using his plasmacaster from afar like a coward. I think you are refering to predators using there plasmacaster mercilously on aliens when they are in a precarious situations. The Yautja aren't stupid and the technology exist for a reason.
Adamantium is the s***, plain and simple. And while it is unlikely that the Yautja have something as good or better, you're right, we don't know how good Yautja metal is.
As for Wolvie getting out of that net, he has perfect control of his rage. He would, plain and simple, break out of that net.

Nataku8188
Yautja are not MORONS they know that facing wolverine in hand to hand will result in A LOT of pain. I refer you to AVP prey, Dachande gloats that he is one of the only preds to ever fight aliens melee and survive. Wolverine is, more or less, the same thing as an alien. He's got sharper claws, but not tail or acid blood. The predator WILL use his plasmacaster because it will NOT kill him in one shot, and the pred WILL know this.

Unlikely that they have something as good or better? You must be blind. If these aliens have HYPERSPACE travel, which we humans do not, im pretty sure they have come up with a metal stronger then something us humans have.

As for the net... you have no idea what you are talking about. Hold you forearms to your chest with your fists facing up in the air. That's probably how it's going to grab wolverine. And no, he ISN'T fast enough to slice it out of the air, not unless we're talking about an unblooded pred shooting it at him from across the room.

MERCILOUS
How do they no how good a fighter Wolvie is? Since when are they psychic? I refer you to basically any comic book, Pred, Avp or any appearance they make, The Yautja fight aliens hand to hand all the time! You make it obvious that you are the one who knows little about Predator society. Again, how would they know that a plasmacaster wouldn't kill Wolvie in one shot? Heat vision wouldn't pick up adamantium.

Again my friend, you cannot see the forest for the trees. Many races in the Marvel universe are highly advanced. Some even more than the Yautja. Nothing, nothing comes close to adamantium.

Wolverine is far stronger than he seems. This is a side effect of his healing factor. If you read up on anything you'd probably know that. He is about as strong as the average Yautja. Are you trying to tell me, that a predator, with a wristblade (which ironically Wolvie has something simular to) couldn't get out of a net?

Swanky-Tuna
People can walk on glass so long as they don't slide across it. If Wolverine's arms are pinned, he can't just slash his way out of it.

And as a warrior race, I wouldn't be surprised if their weapons and armor was as strong or stronger than adamantium. They would have more active time researching and improving weapons than humans.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
How do they no how good a fighter Wolvie is? Since when are they psychic? I refer you to basically any comic book, Pred, Avp or any appearance they make, The Yautja fight aliens hand to hand all the time! You make it obvious that you are the one who knows little about Predator society. Again, how would they know that a plasmacaster wouldn't kill Wolvie in one shot? Heat vision wouldn't pick up adamantium.

You just showed how little you know about the Yautja. If they are hunting something, they always make sure they know their prey, or at least they THINK they know their prey. If they use ELECTROMAGNETIC vision on wolvie his metal bones will show up.

Dachande was considered to be one of the best of the best of the predators, and yes, he fought aliens with his SPEAR, using his wristblades when he had to. But this is one of THE best. Yautja do NOT fight aliens hand to hand ALL the time. I think you've been playing too much AVP2.

So, show me a scan or a page number on an AVP piece of material that has predators fighting aliens hand to hand BY CHOICE and survived? The only predators dumb enough to try are unblooded or considered masters... I highly doubt that you can....

Again my friend, you cannot see the forest for the trees. Many races in the Marvel universe are highly advanced. Some even more than the Yautja. Nothing, nothing comes close to adamantium.

Except Vibranium right? Shut up, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

wolverine8888
lol lol lol lol predator can lift 25 tons I highly dought it wait batman beat a predator. wolverine can deffently hand batman his ass. also wolverine can dodge bullet though he has no need to do so and there no way a predator is that fast. also "wolverine is considered the best there is at what he does and what he does is fight". has beatn hulk twice hulk beaten him once and there no way a predito coudl even hurt hulk. sorry but this is a piontless thread predator can not give wolverine a fight even is he shoots him not gunn do shit to wolverine hill heal so fats it wont matter. wolverine is the better fighter also he is easly a bettter fighter then predator. also a hundred ailen would lsoe to wolverine if u never realized it wolverine fought demons be for that were just like aliens and no predator can take a hundred aliens. this is so piontless I dotn even know why I am answering such a stupid thread

Nataku8188
Just go away man, you are a moron. Sorry Paola, I had to say it. He doesn't even use tangible facts or sentences. He ruins everyone's discussions and is overall a pest.

wolverine8888
u want facts here one The official handbook of the marvel universe X-MEN 2004 wolverine page his strength stat is a 4. If u look in in the back of the book it says that considered superhuman means person can lift up too 25 tons.(first class of super human mind u). also do u think preditor cna take alpha flight on because wolverine through out this whole comic ( the uncanny X-MEN showdown with alpha flight, MAY #355) bye him self is beating all of alpha flight and other x-men show up at end of fight and do not fight at all. another fact Daredevil the man without fear vs wolverine! daredevil on page 19 " wolverine's dodging all those bullets!" comic number 249 another fact Wolverine vs HULK #8 wolverine in the end of the battle ahs banner tied up after he nocked him out. batman cant even beat captain america and wolverine beat captain and falcon at same time in( The MARVEL UNIVERSE VS WOLVERINE, early FEB #134) sad part was wolverine was being control bye some alien and the alien suck at fighting he even says he could of done a quicker and better job of it. also on (Fantastic four quest-starring Wolverine, DEC. #385) thing wants to start a fight with wolverine becuase the last tiem they fought wolverine almost killed him and ruined his face and it still haden healed. is that enough facts for u let see urs

Nataku8188
I already posted mine, and mine make tangible sense, and are more credible then yours.

wolverine8888
actauly mine is all stated from comics and sourced urs how ever is not so how about u look up my sources and see the truth of what I said

Nataku8188
Because everything you quote didn't happen the way you said it did...

As far as sources, my sources are usualy pretty obvious, and if they are in question I'll happily put them out for you. Here:

AVP the movie
Predator 1/2
AVP the comic
AVP: War/Hunters planet/Prey the books
Predator: Big game/Concrete jungle/Cold war the books
AVPVTerminator the comics

Want page numbers too? Or times into the movies? I can do that too.

wolverine8888
ya that be nice and what ur actauly trying to prove other then listing the sources. also what I said happen the way I said it please dont say it did'nt unless u have prove. also I for got to add for the alpha flight one that rogue showed up for the last 2 sec of the battle and punch a dude that just got up.

Swanky-Tuna
Ohhh... I think I heard about this. Rank 4 is the 800lbs to 25 ton range isn't it?

Whether it is or not, it most likely means Wolverine's peak is in that range and not that he can lift anything in that range.

And Batman against Wolverine would be close, not ass handing.

wolverine8888
no is is that 800lb is easy for him to lift and 25 ton is him max out and yes batman would get his ass kicked there no way he stand a chance in any way vs wolverine he just to out classed

Nataku8188
There is no way wolverine can lift 25 tons... he can't even lift a freaking car so just shut the hell up already.

wolverine8888
dude it stated in the official hand book so the wrighters of marvel are wrong and u are right? and wolverine has bunched the hulk and nocked him back with it so that saying some thing any ways he could pick up a car but hes never needed too

Nataku8188
I'm saying that you are interpreting it wrong.

wolverine8888
naw I dont think so because wolverine can easly lift 800lb no problem he broken chains that are said not to be able to be broken

Nataku8188
Oh really? Just like that time I flew to the moon.

wolverine8888
u just mad cuz u know I am right I sick of giving u facts and u just turn them away.

Nataku8188
Because your facts are twisted and wrong. Tonight ill dl all those comics you listed and post the pages you tell me to.

Swanky-Tuna
You need to scan that crap. There's no way he can lift 25 tons.

On top of that, taking handbooks as law is flawed in itself because usually the comics have them exceeding these ranks.

And on top of THAT, if it's the same as the rankings on their website, going up to 7 is dumb as it lacks accuracy with such a small scale.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm looking though these profiles and I noticed this. Warmachine is listed as being weaker than Wolverine, Kingpin, and Cap as equal to Jean, Mary Jane, and Black Cat. And they're not talking about Rhodes' physical strength because Ironman's stats are pretty high, it's in suit.

Nataku8188
LOL!

See wolverine8888... you are vastly misinformed.

MERCILOUS
alright here we go again...
Wolverine is Human in appearance, there is no reason for a predator to use electro magnetic vision. And even if by some miracle they did, what are the chances they would be able to identify it as adamantium.

again, i refer you to any of the AVP or Predator comic books. Hand combat is always more honorable than shooting your prey from afar like a coward. You keep refering to Dachande, but you should note, that that is one clan with one degree of honor. Honor always basically varies from clan to clan. READ ANY AVP OR PREDATOR COMICS!

Actually all unblooded must make there first kill without ranged weaponry.

The Vibranium that Captain America uses (which is most likley what you're refereing to) is a Vibranium Admantium alloy. I know exactly what i'm talking about. Please refrain from telling me to shut up.

Nataku8188
You still cant give me an exact issue or scan, so I'm still saying your full of shit.

As far as wolverine looking human in appearance, that doesn't matter because as you should know, if the predator wants to hunt him he's going to learn about his prey before making his move. The EMV will cause Adamantium to show up because it is a metal, and is magnetic, therefore it will show up on his EMV. Why do you think alien's show up on EMV? It's that damn acid blood.

MERCILOUS
YOU DON'T NEED AN EXACT ISSUE!!!!
Any issue i tell you will clearly show you Preds taking on Aliens in close combat! You want exact issues? Here you go; Aliens versus Predator 1, Aliens versus Predator 2, Aliens versus Predator 3, Aliens versus Predator 4, Aliens versus Predator Eternal 1, Aliens versus Predator Eternal 1, Aliens versus Predator Eternal 1, Aliens versus Predator Eternal 2, Aliens versus Predator Eternal 3, Aliens versus Predator Eternal 4, Aliens versus Predator Music of the Spears 1, Aliens versus Predator Music of the Spears 1, Aliens versus Predator Music of the Spears 2, Aliens versus Predator Music of the Spears 3. The list goes on and on and on, and if you knew anything at all about Yautja you'd already know this.

As for admantium, i still hold there is no reason to use EMV becaise wolverine is human (if you consider mutants still human) in every respect. Let me tell you what you're saying so maybe you'll understand.

Yautja: "oh look, a formidable human, i will use my EMV even though he is perfectly illuminated in my current vision mode."

Abaddon
You keep saying "you know nothing" but you haven't proved anything Mercilous hasen't said. As for who would win and why...read Batman vs. Predator. It might give you some insight and understanding on how predators work.

MERCILOUS
Oh by the way nataku, there's no way in all heck that adamantium would melt under acid blood. Proof positive.

And just so you can't try and tell me otherwise, AVP shows wristblades melting under acid blood. many of the comics show this too when an incorect slice is used, and the desigin of the weapons themselves are made so as to propel acid blood away as xenomorphs are highly pressurized.

uQifg2WV
Think about Wolverine's speed amd agility, and then look at exactly how fast he can heal, the odds are in pred's favor, yes, but it would be a close one. Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Nataku8188
AVP1-4, the only predators that attack aliens are unblooded, because Dachande is gone and the two blooded are dead. (read the novel) They are brash enough to attack the aliens with melee, and die. Like I said, only master predators can take aliens on with just their melee weapons and win.

Batman vs predator the pred gets tracked down by batman, and he gets hit with the batmobile. Or did you forget that batman came to him? The pred didn't even realize batman existed until the fight in the junkyard.

When did I say anything about Adamantium melting from acid....? I believe that was someone else. Predator weapons don't melt from acid... at least they don't in AVP the books and the original comics, or the AVPVT comics.

About the fight in general:

If this is a newly blooded (which is very unlikely, because ooman hunting is reserved for the highest level predators) then Wolverine wins with little problem.

If this is an average predator (Still unlikely, as said before) then wolverine wins with a lot of effort.

But if we are talking a master predator (Like I assumed when I started discussion, because in the books it discusses that only the best predators get to fight oomans) then Wolverine goes down hard. Preds dont get to be masters by attacking enemies the instant they see them, and even if they are just thrown together in a pit, the instant Wolvie pops his claws the pred is going to realize they are metal.

I'm sorry if I got a bit snappy, but I'm tired of wolverine fanboys knowing nothing about anything and arguing with me (::Glares at wolverine8888:smile

MERCILOUS
You gotta keep in mind that preds vary greatly from clan to clan. There moral codes and ther honor also vary in this way. Also, writers sometimes make a few changes to suit there needs.

In AVP the movie, The strong predator clearly has his blades melt after an unclean cut (right before he's killed.)

About hunting the soft meat. Again, for some clans yes, this is strictly forbidden, for some it is reserved and for others it's open season.

About the acid blood, you didn't say anything. I was using it as an example of of adamantiums strength.

In the novel yes. In the comics, all clans featured make there unblooded kill an alien with out any ranged weaponry.

The funny thing is we agree that the pred would take it we just can't seem to agree on how. I would go as far as to say that it doesn't matter how much experience the pred in question had just so long as he got the first strike (which is most likely the case) he'd get the last too. It'd be pretty funny when Wolvie's ther lying on the floor just barely coming back to life, and the Pred's just figured out that he's got metal bones so he goes ahead and carefully cuts the head off.

wolverine8888
no I was wrong about the listing I mis read 25 ton was max for the range of that class of super human still id say he at least 5 ton's but who knows he might be stronger might be weaker I love how they leave u with a huge ass viod there liek 800lb too 25 ton wolverien some were in there lol what a stupid ass class they should narrow it down a bit

wolverine8888
I still proved wolveirne a lot faster and stronger the u people give him credit for and he beat demons which were stronger or equal to aliens he vs like 100 of them. also al my othe rinfo was correct I totaly miss understood the super human class I admitt full guilt for that but the other quote are correct and the range is still correct also

MERCILOUS
I'm not sure anyone said Wolvie wasn't strong. I said the strenght of preds and wolvie are about equal. I'm not sure what demons you're talking about, but you should consider that fighting a crowd and fighting 1 on 1 are somwhat dfferent. Wolvie's great at both, but fighting 100 demons or whatever won't necessarily help him fight 1 great opponent.

wolverine8888
no I saying that a preditor cna like 5 aliens tops wolverine could take a hundred. also wolverien can dodge bullet, yes he is that fast I already stated comic and quote once but if need be I will state again

MERCILOUS
No, i'm saying that you don't know predators well enough to say that. When infiltrating a hive, a group of a dozen or more predators will fight there way to threw a swarm. A swarm consisit of anywhere between 100-100,000 aliens.

FrothByte
nataku, where do you buy your predator books? i was never aware there were books. i only thought there were comics.

MERCILOUS
I too would like that information, I have only read comics. This may be one of the reasons you and i can't seem to agree on this Nataku.

JuggernautFan
only thing i know of predators is what i've seen in the movies wink

MERCILOUS
Well unlike most movies, the predator movies are actually accurate. especially since novels and such are based off of what happens in the movies unlike other characters. And since they are a race, you can play around with it quite a bit.

Havoc470
i think they were a little slower than in some of the comics i've seen them in, it didnt give them justice since they're a race that have lived to hunt

anyway, if predator's weapon are made out of something stronger than adamantium then maybe wolvie would have a problem, if not then wolvie would take this one imo

and if the movie actual did depict them perfectly, i'm pretty sure wolverine would kill a predator if only three aliens can

Nataku8188
?

Unblooded predator = Newb predator. Thats what you saw killed.

And the books are pretty easy to come by, just go to borders or wherever. They are as follows;

AVP:Prey S.D. Perry (Pretty much the comics in novel form, but with more detail and such)
AVP:War S.D. Perry
AVP: Hunters planet David Bischoff
Predator:Big Game Sandy Schofield
Predator: Concrete Jungle ( I can't find it ATM, but im pretty sure it's Nathan archer.
Predator: Cold war (Same as above)

They are like 6 bucks are all excellent reads. They give you a much better insight into predators because it has some parts with predators interacting and them talking (Well kind of...) and such.

Havoc470
well anyway the ownage predator would'nt have done it without the human so he wasnt all that great either, unless he was unblooded too

Nataku8188
Yes he was

Havoc470
meh, i dont care i think wolverine would win against any single predator, only if the metal of the predators weapons arent stronger than adamantium...im not really into those kind of comics anyway

crazyspinz
there is no way the pred weapons are harder than wolvies claws, and wolvie has healing too

Nataku8188
Crazy... there is no way you can prove that they aren't harder. Go read my posts to understand why his healing will only slow down the ineveitable.

MERCILOUS
When a predator slashes, he doesn't just give you a teensie cut for you to cry about, we're talking full on decapitation, jugulation, decollation, evisceration, rendkilldestrOYFRAG MAIMING MAN! It's an art with these guys. Pred would stalk Wolvie (and don't say no cause it's been done by people not even half as good as preds) get the first strike, get the last strike.

AfricanLion
It's pretty simple, right?

Wolverine can kick Arnold Schwarzenegger's arse (also known as the Governator).
Arnie can kick a predator's arse.
Therefore, Wolvie can kick a predator's arse.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

MERCILOUS
Your logic is totally off. Arnold kicks ass. He could totally take on Wolvie. Besides it's not always that simple, Paper scissors rock you get it?

AfricanLion
What, you really think Arnie can take out Wolvie?

Hmm...

Would be interesting to see a thread on this...anybody? What the f**k?

MERCILOUS
I think you missed the point. But hell yeah, Arnie all the way!

Havoc470
and you think wolvie wont have the same kind of attacks? not to mention that he could smell a predator even if it were cloaked, and that he actually has a berserker rage and made the word evisceration what it is

Arnie is a wus

Swanky-Tuna
But they're lifestyle is hunting. I think Nataku mentioned that they would or already hide their scent.

Hey, back in Arnold's heyday, he couldn't be stopped. Danny Glover also tangled with the predator and didn't die but nothing beats Danny.

Nataku8188
Conan or the T-100... hell even the kindergarten cop could take on Wolverine.

Havoc470
arnie is the actor of the 80's...about as shitty as the american ninja movies, he was a damn cover boy, which explains why he looks like shit now lol

to me predator is a cool character stuck in a stupid franchise, kinda like the monster in jeepers kreepers, wont be long before they start adding shit to the predator to make him un-stoppable, wont be long till they hint that the weapons are made out of an absolutely indestructible metal, and they have no scent......from my point of view its one of those "make up as we go along" titles that start adding all kinds of stuff to their characters till its not even interesting to readers, and yes i looked at the AVP comics ::shutters:: i only read a few pages of it, didnt bother reading it all, too busy with the latest uncanny xmen GN

Kontraz
actually, unblooded are supposed to make their first kills WITH ranged weaponry, and this 'theory' or whatever you want to call it (as it does vary from comic to comic) has only heightened since the release of the AvP movie.

Most likely, if the pred was to see wolverine, he would attack from a distance. Thats what they typically do. If he STALKED wolverine for a while and realized he was a worthy prey for hand to hand, THEN it would be different, but if it was just a "ooh, theres a guy with weapons, i'm going to fight him."

and yes, the pred would have a fairly easy time realizing what the metal is in wolvie's skeleton. Whenever a pred sees a human with a weapon, it scans the weapon (along with the human) in order to see if it is indeed a human weapon (kinda like how the pred didn't kill the kid that had a plastic gun in pred 2). So, if the pred see's wolvie's claws, he scans the guy, and in an instant realizes its adamantium.

Kontraz
wait, they are actually ADDING stuff and EXPANDING on an already existing character?!?!? MY GOD!!! I'm so glad they never did that to wolverine, that could ruin the character! Because, we all know that they planned from the very beginning for Logan to really be a samurai from japan, for his claws to actually be part of his mutation, and for him to be able to live through an atomic bomb, returning to his feet within seconds after the explosion, virtually unharmed....

man, it would really suck if they started making advances on the pred, cuz then nobody would ever want to read those comics. I'm glad we still have wolverine, 100% as pure as the original, or else his comics would start sucking as well...

FrothByte
wolvi's claws and skeleton are made of adamantium... the hardest metal on EARTH. the preds are not from earth... and there is a good chance that they have harder metal.

i mean, look at these comparisons:
humans have projectile and ballistic guns, preds have plasma pulse guns.
if humans are smart enuf to come up with a metal as strong as adamantium, i do not doubt that preds would have the intellect and technology to come up with something alot harder than adamantium... simply for the fact that pred's technology is way beyond ours.

preds are also a lot stronger than wolverine. i mean, a pred has got to be at least 5 times stronger than the peak athletes we have today. imagine what kind of leg power you must have to jump 20 ft. in the air.

Havoc470
good point, but the comic book earth has plasma pulse guns also, and the comic book earth has people way beyond peak athletes also

FrothByte
name me one unenhanced human superhero who can jump 20 ft in the air. even mutants for that matter that are only human in strength. not even capt. a who is the peak of human perfection is that strong. not batman, not sabertooth, and not wolvi.

yes i am aware that comic books have plasma guns, but my main point for that argument was that if humans are smart enuf to come up with adamantium, don't you think that preds also have what it takes to develop something like this? even stronger?

Kontraz
yes, but keep in mind those comics take place in the furture (of course, i'm assuming you're saying that the peak athleetes and plasma guns for earth's side are in the pred comics)

Havoc470
no, i mean the marvel universe earth, frothbyte is talking about something alien obviously having stronger technology than ours, i agree with that...but that doesnt matter because wolverine is a character in a comic book universe, and the same rules wont apply because the MU earth has alien technology from a number of different places/people

Kontraz
well, superman has seen/used alien technology and in his fight against the predator he claims that he's never seen such advanced killing weaponry.

Havoc470
yeah but thats dc stuff, would'nt count since logan is from marvel

MERCILOUS
Predators are have a highly tuned sense of smell. They most prized hunt is that of other predatory races. They understand full well that other races have a nose! Especially other predatory races in order to locate prey.

Yes Wolvies attacks are impressive, but he wouldn't get to make one.

Wolvie has had many people sneak up on him (read the comics.) It's called down wind! To say that the most successful predatory race in the universe wouldn't understand this concept is ludicrous.

And predators have had a pretty damn stable description of there power compared to other comic book characters.

NO!!! predators do not make there first kill from afar. Not in every clan and most likely not even in most clans. To become blooded, a Pred must make a close-combat kill.

As for adamantium, no matter what alien race is featured in Marvel, none has ever had a metal that stands up to adamantium. In marvel some of the best technology in the universe exist on earth. Apocalypes has had technology from the year 3000 since BC. Doom invented the time machine! The Marvel U is far more advanced than reality.

Havoc470
umm, "down-wind" doesnt matter when you have enhanced hearing also -_-, i think you should at least read his bio, i've never read a comic where wolvie gets completely taken by surprise (surprise meaning he was'nt aware of the attacker) unless they used teleportation

and if arnold's character can take down a predator with just military training, then wolverines got it made, he's like solid snake X20

by the way, in MU the best technology on earth is what reed richards has gotten from an alien race/planet/being, like Prosh

AfricanLion
Yup, I think Wolvie can take a predator. However, I never read a comic or a book about them, I just saw the movies. But in both movies human beings without enhanced senses or healing factors take out predators.

Besides, what i just realized, is that we are all assuming that Wolvie will fight with his claws. Well, what prevents him from picking up a couple of genades or machine guns or plasma rifles or whatever?

He might be tough, but nobody ever said he was stupid. Or does it say somewhere in the rules that he has to go unarmed against a fully armed predator? smokin'

crazyspinz
agreed, but wolvie wouldnt need those, he is basicaly impossible to kill, unless you drown him, and pred would prolly figure that out right after he got 3 huge fatal cuts across his gut, spilling his vital organs all over the ground..... messy

Kontraz
I'm still sticking with my headshot theory. One shot to the head from a speargun and wolverine is dead. Really, there is just no way around it. If his head gets ripped clean off his shoulders, it aint growin back.

AfricanLion
Yes, but the same holds true for the predator, doesn't it? Thing is, Wolvie still has the healing factor, so he can take more punishment than the predator.

crazyspinz
is this wolvie with or without adimantium? cuz if its with it preds gun will give him a scratch, but if its without you may have a point

Nataku8188
If it's with adamantium it doesnt matter, the only thing holding your head to your body is muscle. The spears move faster then the speed of sounds, and it WILL tear his head off regardless of whether or not he's got his adamantium.

crazyspinz
umm, did u just say the only thing holding your head to your body is muscle?

all humans have this thing, its called THE NECK, sometimes called the spinal cord, its made of bone, u know, holds head onto body...

Nataku8188
Dude... you must be like 13. Your Spinal cord is inside of your vertabrae, which end and between your skull and vertabrae is about 1-3 inches of muscle (which varies based on how big you are, length of your neck, etc.) We aren't G.I. Joes dude, our joints arent balls inside of little domes...

Swanky-Tuna
Your spine isn't solid bone.

Havoc470
yeah its gotta have flexibility of course, but wolvie simply walking around exposing his neck like a friggin giraffe is something that wont happen, especially since the damn guy is always slouched lol

and if wolvie has an arsenal of weapons also, of course he's gonna use them

Nataku8188
What the **** are you babbling about? He hits wolvie in any part of his face and wolvie's head is gonna pop off like a baseball off a T-stand.

Havoc470
again, im basing it on the assumption that the adamantium is indestructible against predators weapons, due to the fact that it's never been stated how strong their metals are, not to mention wolverine would hear it coming, let alone feel the changes in the wind by the spear

Cosmo Kramer
Theres many of the Predetors, one Wolverine with a healing factor. The fight would last a long time with no point at all.

Havoc470
this battle means one wolverine versus one predator...

Cosmo Kramer
Wolverine would win only if the Predetor dosnt have some kind of jet pack to keep off the ground. Then thats just plane cruel.

Swanky-Tuna
I think the english word for the pred's jetpack is "legs"

FrothByte
basing from what nataku said, the spear moves at the speed of sound. if this is true, then the sound of the spear would only reach wolvi at the same time the spear does, and he wouldn't be able to dodge that. the spear doesn't need to damage the adamantium, its just gonna take logan's complete head off (again, logan's neck isn't pure adamantium, there's still lots of muscle tissues in there.) feel the changes in the wind? lol.

Havoc470
heightened senses would mean touch also, which is why in comics he could follow a scent and knows which way the wind's going at even the slowest pace, i'm saying this because wolvie wont have his neck stuck out like an idiot, he's obviously always protecting his weakest spot, not to mention he's always slouched

there's no need to say this, everyone protects their weakest spots, boxers keep their head down in fights as would any other human with instinct

Nataku8188
DUDE! HE ONLY HAS TO HIT HIM IN HIS ****ING HEAD! NOT THE NECK! JESUS CHRIST!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>