Hercules vs. The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
boxSomeone said in my Thor/Herc thread that Herc is the exact same as Thor without his hammer or anything else. I don't believe that's true. Thor was given those things cause he fails without them. Herc. overcomes his obstacles without those aids.
So, even though this fight wouldn't last long, it would look good on paper.

Scoobless
thor's hammer gives him additional abilities....... doesn't give him more strength and losing it doesn't weaken him (unless he happens to be going through one of his "oh crap i've got to keep up a human persona as well" storylines) herc would knock seven shades of sh*t out of the thing

ScarletSpider
Even stripped of his immortality and a small portion of his strength, Hercules would win.

who?-kid
Herc wins, but he is not popular enough to beat the crap out of Thing in only a few panels, so Thing will put up a very good fight.

But Herc should have no real problems with Thing.

ScarletSpider
Yup. Hercules mini-series coming out in April. Or it's just a very cruel April fools day joke. I'm not sure which. Because it was advertised on Newsarma, but in the same advertisement, there was a Great Lakes Avengers mini-series.

Zahit
Hercules would win. Good fight though. Real good fight.
By his sweet aunt Petunia, Benjy won't just get a quick
beat down from anyone. However, Hercules does out-class him in
every way. Thing lifts around 85 tons. Hercules lifts over 100 tons
and has leg muscles for leaping second only to Hulk.
Thing has tougher skin, but Hercules is immortal and is virtually
impossible to kill. Heals at a godly rate. He is an Olympian afterall.

As for Thor, Hercules is his equal in every way minus Mjolnir.
Hercules probably has better hand-to-hand skills than Thor.
And he is the world's greatest womanizer. No mortal woman is safe.

ScarletSpider
Currently I think Hercules is just around class 85-90 (after Zeus got pissed at him and took his immortality and part of his powers). But still, Hercules has thousands of years of experience, whereas Ben is really just a street brawler.

Zahit
The greatest street brawler of all.

Yancy Street Gang don't take no chumps!!
Throw yo' set in the air, punk!!!
Y.S.G. in the hizzy....

Zahit
Hercules Vs. The Thing would be one hell of a slug-fest though....
someone should write this into a comic. It'd kick ass!
boxing

K3VIL
Stripped of half of his strenght and powers.
And

You're wrong SS.He's Class 100, he's hella strong sufficiently to withstand with the heavyweights of the Marvel Universe.

Their experience in hand to hand fight is nearly equal or equal approximately.
Scoobless Mjolnir enhances Thor's physical strenght, without Mjolnir he's few less stronger than when he has it in his belt or in his hands.

Scoobless
their experiance is nowhere near similar, hercs been beating people to a pulp for thousands of years, thing only a few years

ScarletSpider
I don't have the exact issue numbers, but awhile before Onslaught, during his tenure with the Avengers, Zeus stripped him of his immortality (including some of his strength), banished him from Olympus and exiled him to Earth because of Hercules fondness for mortal affairs. At full power he's Class 100 and able to duke it out with the best of them, but currently, he's not at full power.

Though I think Frank Tieri (who's writing the new Herc mini-series, with art by the awesome Mark Texeira) said he's just going to ignore that and write him at full power. In either situation, he'd beat the Thing.

IRTMU-Dragon
Scarlet is not lieing, I use to have the comic where that happened. If I recall Hercules loved mortal people, and Gods were forbidden to assosicated with such beings.

I have no doubt hercules would win... But The Thing would know who hes facing... He wouldnt just die.

Lord-of-Dreams
It's a fight. Thats my word on thematter. Ohyea, I've got one more: Herakles. IT's NOT HERCULES!!!! Oh, I think HERAKLES would take it home. +exp. +abilities +skill

ScarletSpider
It's Hercules if the writers want it to be Hercules. Usually I like the Greek names better, but in this case, Herakles' Latin derivation is more recognized and easier to pronounce.

Lord-of-Dreams
Iknow. I'm just playing around. And it's only easier to pronounce 'cause you say itmore.

ScarletSpider
The Prince of Power returns in April!

juggernaut74
Finally a descent thread to debate. I actually think Thing would take Hercules in a brawl. The Hulk has beaten Herc. more easily than he ever did Thing. But in any event it would be a cool brawl.

Lord-of-Dreams
Well that's just the way two dsifferent fights are portrayed. I would use my wolverine vs prof.x/Magneto, debate, but therre's no point. Hulk is probably the most wavery character in comics in terms of strength. So... I'm for Herc.

K3VIL
SS you're wrong.
Do you forget what Class 100 means?
Example:
Colossuss is a low level Class 100 member.
Thor is a higher level Class 100 member.
Hercules at full power can outmatch Thor's strenght(but Mjolnir would make the difference), Hercules at 50% power is a higher level Class 100 member of par with Thor without the hammer.

muffin man
Hercules

Capt.JK
As much as I like ol' Blue Eyes, I also think Hercules has never really gotten his dues. He was able to flip Godzilla on his butt, and has gone toe-to-toe with Thor on numerous occasions. I have to give this one to Herc, although I'm sure it would be a colossal fight.

CountQuan
I think the Thing would win this duel.

Draco69
Hercules. The Thing is out of his league.

The Flash
Hercules.

thundercracker
the only time i saw herc fight was in heroes 4 hire 1 2 3 and 4 and iron fist handed him his ass but from what u guys say that doesent make sense .... he was drunk tho

Nightstick
Hercules may have the strength and the skill. Infact he may win, but if he does it won't be easy. The Thing is the Rocky Balboa of super heroes. He is loaded with heart and intensity. He way well last long enough for Herc to either slip up or bow out.

Draco69
Hercules doesn't "slip up". He's a god with over class 100 strength, nigh-invulnerability, godly healing factor, immortality and eons of experience. Thing goes down after a good fight.

Nightstick
While I understand your point. "Gods" as characters in comics do make mistakes.

Draco69
True. But certainly not a mistake to change or alter the ebb and flow of the battle.

Nightstick
Not entirely true, but to be honost ignoreing a major mishap on Herc's part he will likely come out the winner. Though I still think Thing has a shot if everything goes in his favor. Lets just hope he catches Hercules on a bad day smile

Draco69
Or when he's drunk. Which happens alot. He makes Homer Simpson look like spokesman for AA.

Maelstrom
Don't make mistakes?? they're gods, that's kinda a big one

BenjaminJGrimm
Bring it on Herc!

Your going down!

BJG

Arsenal
That was pure, as Scoobless would say, utter bum fluff.

Fanboy
No way Hercules would win because he is way stronger a better fight and he just kicks a--.

leonidas
<<Hercules doesn't "slip up". He's a god with over class 100 strength, nigh-invulnerability, godly healing factor, immortality and eons of experience. Thing goes down after a good fight.>>

couldn't have said it better. and yes, it would be a hellafight. even though the thing is outclassed in strength, herc would know he was in an epic.

Wynndar
I think current Herc would probably lose just judging from how the Hulk almost killed him in their last fight. Classic Herc vs Current Thing would be a good fight, but Classis Herc should win purely from his stats

long pig
Herculese is probably double Things strength, plus 100 times more fighting experience, curbstomp.....horrible curbstomp.

Thing charges in and last maybe 2 minutes.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by long pig
Herculese is probably double Things strength, plus 100 times more fighting experience, curbstomp.....horrible curbstomp.

Thing charges in and last maybe 2 minutes.

I'm not sure if your aware of this but it's supposed to be puff, puff pass.

Not puff puff puff puff puff puff puff puff puff pass out.

The THING loses in 2 minutes. But can go for a day with the HULK. Whom almost killed the now mortal Herc. OK... confused

cool

Wynndar
yea i just havent seen Herc demolish anyone near Thing's level in the way some of these people are depicting. I mean Herc loses to Hulk...BIG TIME...modern Thing fights Hulk to a stand still in Hulk's own comic last time they fought. Stop hating on the Thing...sure he would lose, but it would be a good fight.....not a curb stomp.

long pig
True, but lets look at this....Hulk is top 3 of marvels most famous people.
Hercules is like bottem 100....only a few people know him, and they only know him as the bumbling goofball from Thor.

But the dude probably starts off twice or more the strength of Hulk, why should he ever lose to him? Because he's the Hulk.

Herc should stomp Hulk into the ground but its like comic politics.

Herc -should- be able to handle basically anyone in a h2h fight.

Wynndar
i think ur seriously underestimating the base strength of the Hulk...

long pig
I'm pretty sure it starts out around 80-90 range.
Abomination is much stronger than Hulk's base, thats why Abom' nearly killed him a few times. Jugs is also above Hulks base strength.

That's the impression i've always been under and others have agreed.

I didn't realize we were talking about the new now mortal Herc, he'd still win but he'd be more cautious.

Wynndar
when has Hulk demonstrated class 80 strength? that is ridiculous...Hulk is Marvel's image of strength, he has never demonstrated a deficiency of strength. Grey Hulk and Grey Hulk alone started out considerably lower, but every Hulk that was green had 100+ strength and never proved to be deficient

long pig
Abomination is over savage Hulk's strength, and Abom is only in the 100+ class.
He nearly killed Hulk, because of how low his strength starts out.

Wickerman
Abomination is over savage Hulk's strength, and Abom is only in the 100+ class.
He nearly killed Hulk, because of how low his strength starts out.

bastard. I was just about to post that quote sad

~wickerman~

Wynndar
almost killed Hulk in the sixties? Wonderman has beaten Abomination. Thats not even a logical argument anyway. Abomination could be able to lift 10000 tons and be twice as strong as Hulk's base. However, none of this is the case. Abominations Base strength is only a little higher than the Hulk's...it was in Abomination's first appearance that he was twice the Hulk's strength...in that same story, Bruce Banner drained gamma radiation off of him cutting his power in half. Nonetheless, this was just an antiquated plot device considering Hulk has long demonstrated he is one of the Strongest in the MU and has the potential for limitless strength. I say Abom has base strength because MODOK once proved that Abomination also has the potential to increase his strength, but instead of anger, Abom's augmentation if dependent on fear.

long pig
You just dodged the actual point that we were talking about.
I know what Abom did and can do, that was a side point.

The real point was Hulk starts out well below 100.
And he does. Lower than I thought, 70 tons.

Wynndar
No...Grey Hulk did..all Green incarnations were 100+

long pig
That was the profile of savage hulk.
savage is green.

Wynndar
what profile? ur profile u just made?

long pig
No.
This one.
MD

Wynndar
Marvel Directory is not official its as official as me making a website and say Hulk's base strength is 150 billion tons cuz he did it in secret wars...why dont u go to leader's lair for Hulk's strength stats if u want unofficial profiles.

long pig
ooookkkkkk.
Your beloved hulk is the strongest ever and beats everyones ass all the time. better?

Wickerman
ooookkkkkk.
Your beloved hulk is the strongest ever and beats everyones ass all the time. better?

i bet spiderman can take him down. (fanboys FTW thumb up )

~wickerman~

Tony Stark
No.
This one.
MD

I'm not trying to bag on you long pig, but there is a reason that the guy writing the description of HULK's stats said he was perhaps in the 70 tons range. Because he really has no clue. and he is guessing. Never have i seen HULK's base any lower than CL100 outside of Grey and Mr. Fixit.
cool

armandovalles
Originally posted by K3VIL
SS you're wrong.
Do you forget what Class 100 means?
Example:
Colossuss is a low level Class 100 member.
Thor is a higher level Class 100 member.
Hercules at full power can outmatch Thor's strenght(but Mjolnir would make the difference), Hercules at 50% power is a higher level Class 100 member of par with Thor without the hammer.

Exactly. And by the Way Thing has been stated many times to now be a low-level class 100 as well.

The lowest strength Herc ever was at was CL 85 and that was in the early 90's in the Post-onslaught saga when he had long hair. And the only reason he was at such a low-level was because his dad took away his immortality and god-hood, therefore he was just a normal man with cl 85 strength.

These are his cl 85 versions:
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/hercules/HerculesPost-Onslaught.gif
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/hercules/Hercules%207.gif

Every other version is either a high CL 100 (which is when he was stripped to 50% of his power) or has incalculable strength.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.