Which Yoda do you prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Episode I puppet, or Episode II CGI? Which do you like and/or dislike?

Darth_Nefarus
Well, CGI Yoda can actually do stuff. Lightsabre combat etc.

ARC Trooper 117
CGI Yoda, because it looks more like the Original Trilogy Puppet....

Arsenal
I hope when the prequel trilogy boxset comes out, they change the puppet in EP1 to the CGI one.

JKozzy
Yes. See, these are some changes in the movies and DVDs that most fans wouldn't mind.

Arsenal
That puppet in EP1 sucked.

Morning_Glory
I like the puppet - yoda looked more real

SlipknoT
I liked the puppet, I have a hate for CGI.

ArthasKnight
I like the puppet better, it looks much more realistic than CGI. I know they needed CGI Yoda for the lightsaber duel, but when I heard that Yoda was gonna be CGI for AoTC, I was not a happy person. Puppet Yoda is classic Yoda, so puppet is my vote.

Arsenal
The puppet in the OT was good but the one in EP1 just looked bad.

ArthasKnight
I agree, but he did need to look younger. I just also think they did a bad job on it.

Morridini
OT Puppet=excellent
TPM Puppet=bad
AOTC CGI=nice

JKozzy
I thought TPM Yoda looked older... and like.. decaying messed

The AOTC Yoda definately looked much more like the OT Puppet. I don't understand within maybe 50 years how he had to look much younger, he is 900 years old, after all.

BAILY
OT Trilogy Yoda is really good (especially on DVD)

TPM Yoda (puppet) is ok
TPM Yoda (CGI) is ok too

AOTC Yoda is totally awesome

ROTS Yoda is well, the best likeness I have seen, especially in those SW Insider shots.....

Ushgarak
I have never quite understood those who think the old Yoda puppet is better than the AOTC cgi one. When I saw the OT DVDs, I was reminded how not-at-all bad the old Yoda puppet was... but then I saw AOTC again, and- lightsabre combat or no- it was totally obvious to my eyes that this was just WAY better than anything the old puppet ever brought to the screen.

ArthasKnight
People have their preferences. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always liked things to be done the way they used to be done. Obviously they needed him CGI for the lightsaber segment, but if he hadn't been in one then I would've wanted him to be a puppet. Yoda will always be a puppet to me and that's how I like seeing him. Give a more realistic feel to him.

SnakeEyes
Defintely the Episode Two version

WindDancer
Personally I like that old skool puppet from Empire Strikes Back. I hate the CGI yoda. Even worse he looks like a total hyper stupid looking monkey when he fights with the lightsaber. thumb down

Sith Master X
CGI Yoda all the way!

Red Superfly
OT Puppet Yoda>CGI Yoda>Ep I Yoda.

OT Puppet Yoda was way the best.

Red Superfly
I'm right with you there mate.

JKozzy
I gotta say, with each new picture of the Episode III CGI Yoda, I'm that much more impressed yes

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by Morridini
OT Puppet=excellent
TPM Puppet=bad
AOTC CGI=nice

we are on the same page there bro

moviejunkie23
the phantom mencae yoda looks sick with AIDS

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Well, CGI Yoda can actually do stuff. Lightsabre combat etc. ^Yeah, I agree...

Darth_Janus
Frankly, I've never felt Yoda HAD to do anything. I respected him long before he ever drew saber. It could have been avoided entirely. And the experience was pretty dreadful.

TPM Yoda looks just stupid.

AOTC Yoda was more flexible, but looking at him was the glaring fact that he wasn't just fake, he wasn't even there.

ROTS Yoda looks more or less the same. I don't care for CGI characters. They lack realism, no matter how pretty.

OT Yoda kicks ass. He didn't need to be a hyper kung fu monkey. He was little and funny and wise. An idol.

*-=Fat sacK=-*
i like the pupet but you do have to amit that the CGI yoda can do much more things but to me i fell you can tell the CGI yoda is too fake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.