The X-Men vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
I'm refering to the current version of the X-Men vs. traditional Supes. What do you think?

pr1983
pre or post crisis?

demigawd
Astonishing, Uncanny or Adjectiveless?

spetznaz
If by traditional you mean Pre-Crisis, then not even Onslaught would stand a chance against Superman.
However if you mean the current version the X-men, if written well, would win. However they would face the same challenges as if they were facing off against Magneto.
p.s: Superman (the current version) could win if written well. For example if he came in at his max speed using all his strength he could technically finish of all the X-men before they knew what was happening. In Superman RedSon they said he could move faster than the speed of thought (and that is how he defeated the Green Lantern corps sent against him by Lex Luthor .....their rings were thought based weapons). Thus the psionics and telepaths among the Xmen (the only true opponents for Kal-El) would have a hard time even locking in on him.
However that would make it boring (i.e if Superman whizzed at 0.01 lightspeed and knocked everyone out), so the writers would have him flying at 100mph, talking a lot, and presenting himself as a target for everyone from Storm to Marrow!
However if he was written the way he should be Superman (the current one) should win. But most likely the X-men would end up being the winners.
Against Pre-Crisis Supes though, the only way the X-men could win would be if the writers decided to be total @$$e$! Pre-Crisis Supes was in the league of Galactus (he extinguished a sun by blowing at it, and juggled planets for goodness sake)!
Summary:
PRe-Crisis Supes vs X-men: Supes wins by an infinite margin!
Post-Crisis Supes vs X-men: X-men win, but get the beating of their lives.

eleveninches
With ALL x-men that have ever been an x-man:

pre-crisis: superman easily wins
prime: superman easily wins
RedSon: Supes is worn out, but kills all x-men
KC: X-Men win slightly, but lots of the weaker x-men die, (only the uber ones like cable survive.)
Post Crisis:X-Men might just Win with quite a few of the team members dying

K3VIL
The X-Men, being onest, don't stand a chance, even against Post-Crisis Supes.

The Juggernaut
With his current power, he would show his own and fight to death with Superman, that would knockdown him finally.

Wolverine
I say only one thing, Heat Vision.

Havok and Cyclops
A superspeed punch and Alex is down, same for his brother, that wouldn't be able to hurt Supes with his solar energy based optic blasts.

Beast
Read above

Emma Frost
Read Above

Angel
Read above

Professor X
He would be able to put in difficult Supes for a while, until Kal El engage him at hyper speed and knock down poor Charles

Phoenix/Jean Grey
Read above

Cable
The only one that would put up a good match, but finally he would be put down by Superman, he hasn't sufficient physical strenght and durability to withstand with the assaults of the Man Of Steel.

Ice Man

Heat Vision

muffin man
jean grey as pheonix could do it herself.

DarkCrawler
She's not in current teams. smile

muffin man
to where there up to in the UK so please don't tell me how she dies

Alpha Centauri
Superman wins, by far.

-AC

vaya_the_elf
X-men win. There are to many of them with different powers, and one superman.

And if we are talking classic x-men then definitely x-men win.

Victor Von Doom
There is nothing the X-Men could do to bring down Superman.

Fantastic Four maybe.

vaya_the_elf
Come on ...

They have xavier, and I'm sure he could beat him. There is jean, cyclops, wolverine, rogue, gambit, storm, nightcrawler, shadowcat, and others. ..

There is no way he could win. To many, and they all have great powers. Plus Xavier and Jean i think could take him.

Victor Von Doom
Possibly Xavier, but you never know with Superman. The man has every power known, cheaply or otherwise.

As for the rest (bar Jean), they're just a bunch of jobbers. Superman would finish them in minutes.

vaya_the_elf
I would have to disagree on that

Victor Von Doom
Name one thing any of the others, alone or in combination, could possibly do to bother Superman, let alone defeat him.

who?-kid
With the exception of professor X, the X-Men are not going to be a problem for Superman (FF neither by the way).

But... I think professor X can take him out. I wouldn't know why not.

K3VIL
Rotfl.
They all have great powers.And what does Supes have?A spoon?
He's sufficiently stronger to open a hole in the ground and let the X-Mansion fall into it without effort, he can lift mountains with no effort, he defeat Hulk.He's so fast that the x-guys and girls will just see some red and blu lines than will fall unconscious, and wake up asking themselves WTF is happening here?
Superman's heat vision travel at great speeds too, no one in the X-Men is sufficiently fast to dodge it.
You talk about Rogue, her absorbing powers wouldn't work on Supes, he has a skin like force field around himself, and he's more invulnerable than Rogue can dream to be.
Wolverine?What is exactly supposing to do at Supes the old Logan?Breathing the smoke of a cuban cigar at Kal El?
Cyclops optic blast is solar energy converted into concussive force, so it's not a problem, and Superman even the Post-Crisis version can withstand with hundred of nuclear explosions.
Nightcrawler?What can he do?No super strenght, just teleport, acrobat attitude, and fightning skills.Superman can hear Kurt reappearing behind him before the smoke of the teleport disappear.
Storm?Superman can takes lightnings every day of the week.
Gambit?Explosive cards?Uhhhh.Superman will say i'm impressed but i don't like poker.
Jean Grey?Superspeed and ops Jean is KO.Same for Xavier.

vaya_the_elf
I think with their powers all together they can take superman

who?-kid
Xavier can take him, and if anybody thinks otherwise, please enlighten me why they think otherwise.

Swanky-Tuna
Three telepaths can't stop Superman? Pffft, that's terrible.

spetznaz
How could they stop Superman if he comes in at 1% the speed of light (which is still amazingly fast) and knocks them all out? How could Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler, Cyclops even hurt him?
The psychics and psionics (eg Xavier, Jean Grey) would stand a better chance, but even then they would be overmatched. In Red Son Supes overcame the Green Lantern corp because he could 'move ten times faster than the speed of thought!' Xavier is powerful, but if Supes wanted to take him down X would never know what hit him.
Most of the X-men would be absolutely useless. Others like Cyclops would actually strengthen Supes .....but Supes would be moving too fast for him to even use his optic blasts anyways!
The only person who would survive would be Shadowcat ....by being intangible during the duration of the fight (some couple seconds).

juggernaut74
I dont see one guy beating a team of X-men.

spetznaz
Because Superman defeated the Green Lantern corps, who tried to trap him by combining the power of their rings to form a box within a box within a box ad infinitum (with superman being in the center box), but Superman broke lose and disarmed the corps. He sneered at the GLs (before crushing the rings with his teeth) by telling them how foolish they were to try to use a thought based weapon against someone who could move at 10 times the speed of thought!
Xavier is a telepath. IF Superman moved at mach speed Xavier would win since he could lock onto Supes with his mind.
If Superman moved at his maximum speed (said to approach the speed of light) Xavier would never even know what hit him.
Telepathy is a thought based weapon.

juggernaut74
Well you have very valid points and very well could happen. Superman/Batman would take the X-men.

pr1983
no he wouldn't, yes cyclops is a solar battery but the energy he expels in an optic blast isn't solar based...

science of x-men...

the whole fight depends on how fast supes can move, simple as that...

juggernaut74
I think he can move pretty fast.

pr1983
as do i...

Victor Von Doom
Only if the telepaths are involved. If not he could lie down and win it.

Swanky-Tuna
How would he KNOW to speed in that fast? From what I'm told, Superman doesn't even use his speed that much.

laydiiplayette
I don't think that you are thinking correctly. You are saying that he could take down so and so by doing this. But what are the others doing while he is doing that. If they knew who they were dealing with, I'd say they'd all just use whatever powers they had, all at once, or in succession of groups of 10 or so. Even if this fails to cause any harm, it would slow superman down enough for Xavier to put him down.

pr1983
there isn't an xman who can hit him if he's moving that fast, none of them could see him coming, that is assuming he's using his speed...

laydiiplayette
hrm, i guess so. oOo, I was thinking, they could get him if they had the morlocks on their side. ^^

Swanky-Tuna
And told ahead of time that that's his greatest chance.

laydiiplayette
eh?

Alpha Centauri
"hrm, i guess so. oOo, I was thinking, they could get him if they had the morlocks on their side"

A bunch of underground misfits aren't gonna do any more damage than a bunch of overground misfits, if they are fighting Superman.

-AC

laydiiplayette
Maybe not, but there is one morlock that can slow the time of something, so then xavier could take him down.

Alpha Centauri
"Maybe not, but there is one morlock that can slow the time of something, so then xavier could take him down."

We're talking about Superman here. Either way it's Superman Vs The X-Men. Morlocks aren't X-Men.

-AC

laydiiplayette
I know, but you made a snappy response to my random thought, so i gave you a reason.

Alpha Centauri
It wasn't snappy. You obviously interpreted it as such.

-AC

laydiiplayette
Oh. Well, my deepest apologies for interpreting you remark as such. ^^;

RobWolf27
All Professor X will have to do is read his mind find his weakness and tell beast look for kriptonite in marvel form and then use it against superman and boom superman goes down. all assault All xmen cut loose on superman weaken.

RobWolf27
Xmen is a team they work as a team.

Tron
And they'd lose as a team.

Really, besides Xavier (who Superman could speed-slap before he even considers using his powers), what could the X-Men's combined efforts do to actually slow, or even beat Superman?

And find kryptonite? Seriously, where is Beast gonna find kryptonite, which is extremely rare in the first place? And, what would he do when he came back to find the rest of his team laid out? Hell, what makes you think Superman would let Beast even get that far?

eleveninches
The only people who have once been x-men who coul deven bother superman:

Cable
Prof X??
Jean with full phoenix force
MAgneto
Magneto Clone (xorn imposter)
Joseph
Nate
Illyana (supes is weak against magic)
Other magic and psychic types might bother him for a billionth of a second, but their power is based on thought, and supes can move faster than the speed of thought.

eleveninches
Still, any version of superman would destroy the x-men.

Although, forge might be able to make kryptonite out of spare parts.

Bump lord
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.