2005 Oscar Nominations + Winners

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
are out...

what do you think

Morning_Glory
The nominees for best picture are:
"The Aviator,"
"Finding Neverland,"
"Million Dollar Baby,"
"Ray"
"Sideways."

The nominees for best actor are:
Don Cheadle ("Hotel Rwanda"wink,
Johnny Depp ("Finding Neverland"wink,
Leonardo DiCaprio ("The Aviator"wink
Clint Eastwood ("Million Dollar Baby"wink
Jamie Foxx ("Ray"wink.

The nominees for best actress are:
Annette Bening ("Being Julia"wink,
Catalina Sandino Moreno ("Maria Full of Grace"wink,
Imelda Staunton ("Vera Drake"wink,
Hilary Swank ("Million Dollar Baby"wink
Kate Winslet ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"wink.

The nominees for best supporting actor are:
Alan Alda ("The Aviator"wink,
Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways"wink,
Jamie Foxx ("Collateral"wink
Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby"wink
Clive Owen ("Closer"wink.

The nominees for best supporting actress are:
Cate Blanchett ("The Aviator"wink,
Laura Linney ("Kinsey"wink,
Virginia Madsen ("Sideways"wink,
Sophie Okonedo ("Hotel Rwanda"wink
Natalie Portman ("Closer"wink.

The nominees for best director are:
Clint Eastwood ("Million Dollar Baby"wink,
Martin Scorsese ("The Aviator"wink,
Taylor Hackford ("Ray"wink,
Alexander Payne ("Sideways"wink
Mike Leigh ("Vera Drake"wink.

botankus
And I have seen a whopping one of these movies. That would be the movie featuring an extremely annoying character (Winslett) in otherwise what was a surprisingly good picture (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

**EDIT** Actually, I saw Collateral, too. My bad.

botankus
This could be one of those years where I just tune the Oscars out. I scrapped through all the atrocious lists of nominees and I believe I found a category that is at least 5% bearable. Here it is, folks:

MUSIC (SCORE)

FINDING NEVERLAND
HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS
THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST
THE VILLAGE

Morning_Glory
Best Animation:

The Incredibles
Shrek 2
Shark Tale sick

MildPossession
If Clive Owen wins Best Supporting ACtor Oscar, just shows you how bad its gotten.

Go A Very Long Engagement! good film.

Cinemaddiction
Zzzzzzzzzzz..what a boring Oscar season. Bunch of adult dramas in contention for a meaningless award.

I'd love to see Catalina Sandino Moreno win for "Maria Full of Grace", however.

A4E
i know lol...
oh and shark tale?? u gotta b kidding!! other than the fact that we saw angelina jolie and missy eliot in the movie it totally sucked, go shrek 2!!

JamalMagloire
Booooooo.

Can't believe Paul Giamantti got snubbed for Sideways.
And this:

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

BORN INTO BROTHELS
THE STORY OF THE WEEPING CAMEL
SUPER SIZE ME
TUPAC: RESURRECTION
TWIST OF FAITH

Supersize Me got a nod? Ple-ase. Touching the Void was so more heart-felt and had less propaganda ranting. What were they thinking?

Beastro

WindDancer
thumb down

The Aviator for best film? Come on! And Scorsese for best director is most likely to be another prank the AMPAS pull on him.

And then The Village (which I like but don't think it belong in any awards) and Troy get nomitations? WTF?

I, Robot gets nomitated for Visuals? And Supersize Me for best Documentary??? thumb down thumb down thumb down

Deathblow
Sideways should win best pic
Jamie Foxx best actor
Kate Winslet best actress
Clive Owen supporting actor
Virgina Madsen supporting actress

Scorsese best director, even though his movie pretty much sucked. They should just give it to him and apologise for not giving it to him years before for Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or Goodfellas.

Storm
There was unfortunately no place for our 'De zaak Alzheimer' in the category Foreign Language Film sad

Lord_Andres
What??? Troy not in the best movie of the year, stupit its by far the best of 04

Smasandian
Um no.
I though David Carridine would get a supporting actor nod for his work in Kill Bill 2. I thought he was alot better than Jamie Foxx in Collateral.

Morning_Glory
^ I agree

Jim Carey should be nominated sometime...he's a decent actor

Cinemaddiction
I've got to disagree there, because Carradine was a flatliner. Foxx had some insane character evolution going for him.

MildPossession
I am hoping Story of the Weeping Camel gets the Best Documentary, that was fabulous.

Hope Vera Drake gets a few.

shugie99
I can't believe Church got it over Giamatti for Sideways. Also I wanted to see Motorcycle Diaries up for best foreign film, i didn't see any of the others though so I can't really comment. Mostly I am glad Passion and F9/11 weren't up for Best Picture.

Morning_Glory
I thought A Very Long Engagement would make the Foreign Film list..

Motorcycle Diaries was pretty good

Im so glad Fareinheit 9/11 didnt get nominated- Michael moore wanted it for best pic.. ha ha

wuTa
comedians never get recoginition for there work come oscar time and in the rare moments they do there not going to win.....which is one of many reason why the oscars sucks ass and i cant stand them

forumcrew
jamie foxx definantly did good in colateral..

id of liked to see garden state for original screen play

Morning_Glory
I am hoping so bad that Jaime Foxx wins for Ray - over Leo Dicaprio

Solo
Damn straight. What's up with that, he did much better then Foxx in Collateral. His characters was much more interesting also.

Beastro
Excuse me?Carradines performance is by far one of the best and most entertaining of the year.He had some really good and fun diolage and what was great is that as the audience you where almost convinced to like him even though what he did to Beatrix.He had a tough character to play,a sweet and charming man but on the inside dark and evil.

Cinemaddiction
Bill was interesting? He looked as if he could use an oxygen mask and cane. Carradine was too sappy and humdrum. Foxx, on the other hand, like I said, his character took a total 180.

I saw him the other way around, personally. Unless you see a guy who runs a death squad who he tells to execute with no remorse as "sweet". He's fronting like a bad guy, but has some internal conflict going on. Especially after seeing how he acted around Kiddo's daughter. I doubt he was just putting on for the sake of her well being.

Not that I liked either "Collateral" or "Kill Bill: Vol. 2", but I felt a HELL of a lot more compassion for Jamie Foxx. He had big dreams, was stuck in a dead end job, and gets taken on the ride of his life. You recall the night club scene, when he was asked to go in posing as Tom Cruise's character? It was automatic the way he went from cabbie to stone faced killer in his approach.

Frankenstein just didn't do it for me, guys. I'm willing to bet that "Ray" and "Redemption" had something to do with the nominators choices.

Dr. Strangelove
While I liked Ray, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a much better movie and should be in Best Picture. I hope Jamie Foxx wins for best actor.

BackFire
No Eternal Sunshine or Jim Carey nomination = Me not watching.

Morning_Glory
kate winslet is nominated for Eternal sunshine...so maybe you can watch

lil bitchiness
I hope DiCaprio gets an oscar. He earned it.

Morning_Glory
if Dicrapio gets it I will be so mad mad I think Jaime Foxx should get it for RAY

cal31
The visual effects nominations have been the ones that pissed me off most, and this year is no exception. They nominate Harry Potter over Sky Captain and the World of Tom.? What the hell is that? Then last year, the Matrix sequels may have not been well received, but you have got to be kidding me that not either one got even a nomination for best special effects. In the end though, it doesn't really matter. All the Oscar's are a bunch of fat old guys giving awards as favors to film groups that suck up to them.

Cinemaddiction
Actually, and this being the reason I despise the awards, Oscars are decided by Hollywood's peers. For instance, Best Director is decided by other prestigeous directors, perhaps a handful of critics and "important people".

If the public doesn't have a say in the award, then **** 'em. That's why MTV Movie Awards will always have more pull, IMO.

Morning_Glory
even though MTV Movie Awards have some pointless categories... like

Best couple
Best kiss
Best Dance scene... blah blah blah

Cinemaddiction
No sillier than Oscars for "sound editing" and "sound mixing".

Beastro
CA,Carradine was great because he came off in the movie as so sweet and charming so that I actually had to make myself remember what he did to Beatrix.Its very hard to pull of a character thats so evil and almost make him likeable.

botankus
Nominating acting for Kill Bill 2, which is a just a novelty flick, would be about as laughable as nominating Jennifer Garner for 13 Going on 30.

Morning_Glory
well true..

BackFire
haha, yeah right.

The MTV awards are decided by pretentious little turds who watch MTV (I've come to the conclusion that anyone who watches MTV is a moron, and if they aren't when they start watching MTV, then they will be AFTER watching it) and who think movies like White Chicks is good comedy.

At least the oscars are decided by people who know something about movies and use some valid reasons on deciding who recieves a nomination, not idiotic teens who vote for someone because "they're hot".

The MTV awards is the shitstain of award shows.

forumcrew
carradine has a very basic performance jamie foxx way out did the performance of one of the biggest stars in the world and did an outstanding job.. i think he wins or perhaps clive owen because he had a very good performance as well.. foxx also did great in Ray but Leo did good as well I hope foxx wins but it wouldnt be a shame if Leo did because he did do a good job.. i think a lot of you need to get past the fact that maybe you didnt like a movie.. actors can still have a great performance in a movie you didnt like

cal31
MTV awards are horrible yes, but Oscars aren't any better. In the MTV awards you have a bunch of teenage girls voting for whatever movie Orlando Bloom is in, but in the Oscars you have people voting based on the politics of the industry. Either way, they aren't fair or just award shows, so that's why I don't care one way or the other.

BackFire
The oscars are based on what they actually think is the best, using valid reasoning (usually) behind their picks.

Don't get me wrong, I don't usually watch the oscars, and I certainly don't care about them at all, but they have alot more credability then some shitty MTV awards.

Morning_Glory
Oscars seem like a popularity contest anymore... they rarely give an Oscar to someone who deserves it - or nominated someone who deserves it

Atomic Rico
I was angry when I found out that Dave Carradine didnt get a supporting actor role, but I was just SICKENED to find out kill bill II didnt get ANY oscar nods at all. Carradine's performance as Bill was incredible. blashpemy

Morning_Glory
^ I agree- even Uma should have gotten a chance??? maybe???

Beastro
Uma was outnumbered by too many good performances.

lil bitchiness
Do you know how much I hate this?!?! Do you?!

I absolutely agree with you. Movies, good movies, WILL NOT get recognised on MTV. Never have, and they never will.

Plus, MTV these days is shit - utter and absolute, and I do not understand anyone who would want to watch it.

Once, while while back, MTV was amazing - those days are gone, now its utter crap and i cant see it getting any better.

Atomic Rico
I guess youre right, but cmon-no oscar nods at all?
I think this is primarily becuase the oscar crew is a bunch of old men who cant accept anything new or original-this is why they didnt like eternal sunshine either

Morning_Glory
loved Eternal Sunshine

I hate MTV - they never play any good videos anymore- and their shows are terrible

dbarzallo

Cinemaddiction
Either way, both awards shows are biased as hell, and if I were a filmmaker, they'd mean nothing to me.

Atomic Rico
the oscars may be biased, but theyre no grammys...

Morning_Glory
grammys seem no different than the oscars sometimes?????

Cinemaddiction
Who exactly nominates acts for the Grammys? Is there not an ACTUAL award that is decided by movie goers and those who purchase CD's, other than like, SOUNDSCAN Awards?!

Atomic Rico
why I hate the grammys-2 words:
Jethro Tull

BackFire
I think everyone agrees that the grammy's are just a time waster.

SlipknoT
So, who else wont be watching the oscars?

Morning_Glory
I didnt watch the Oscars last year and I doubt I will watch them this year

I think Haille Berry ruined it for me when she did all that crying bit and blah blah blah stuff

Candy
It couldnt get nominated because it was already shown on TV. I Reda that. Wasnt it shown in America, too? In germany it was. i wtached it and it was good. mad

(well best pic was kinda unrealistic... confused )

Morning_Glory
it was already shown on TV?

Michael Moore was a little ahead of himself thinking it was going to be nominated for best pic...tss roll eyes (sarcastic)

MildPossession
I don't watch the Oscars anymore, fed up of sitting through 5 or so hours really early in the morning. Can't remember the last time I watched it whole.

Beastro
I would you watch the oscars for five hows early in the morning?

fanatos
I can't believe there are no nominations for THE VILLAGE, which had a brilliant performance of Bryce Dallas Howard, and an incredible music (score). MAN ON FIRE, also great performances by Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. mad sad I was looking forward for those two movies especially.

Morning_Glory
yea Dakota Fanning is a good little actress... hopefully she doesnt disapear someday like most child stars sad

Beastro
There was better movies and performances this year.

WindDancer
Ugh! So true BackFire. There are better things to do than watch that shitty grammy's.

Oh and btw- (as a side note) if this gets edited I can do it myself.

Solo
I wouldn't be surprised, those movies weren't critically acclaimed at all. Don't get me wrong but The Village was good, but not Oscar material. But I loved Man On Fire, that should get some kind of Oscar. It is truly underrated.

Solo
She's in England.

Beastro
Oh,that sucks.

Tex
Wow BF, I dont think I've ever heard you say "time waster"! nerd

Beastro
lol

Morning_Glory
nerd

Morning_Glory
Chris Rock is hosting the Oscars eek! I think thats pretty cool!

fanatos
Yeah, like Osment mad embarrasment .

fanatos
Besides, Adrien Brody, a member of the academy, announcer of the nominees and stuff... Why didn't he come up with his movie (THE VILLAGE) wink big grin ?

lil bitchiness
No, not cool - a drag. Tediousness.

BackFire
Better then Billy Crystal.

Cinemaddiction
Why is Chris Rock hosting a movie award ceremony? Why not someone a little more distinguished?

Atomic Rico
chris rock is gonna suck as host
I think Bob Saget should be host! booyah!!

fini
nah Billy owns that Oscar gig.

Atomic Rico
you didnt get a hint of sarcasm when I said BOB SAGET
lol

Beastro
What a nightmare.I'll have to listen to his non-stop bad jokes for three hours.

Reckoning
Not that I hold alot of esteem on the Oscars but I have to say that the omission of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind from the Best Picture category is a sham.

Ou Be Low hoo
I second your non-vote and wish to add 'House Of Flying Daggers' as a travesty of an omission from the foreign films category.

Morning_Glory
I love Eternal Sunshine... I thought I was the only person that liked that movie

Beastro
I havent seen it.Maybe I should.

fanatos
I liked it too. But I hoped Jim Carey would get a nomination sad .

Beastro
Did you really think that the academy would acknowledge him over everyone else?

Solo
What the hell? Almost 90 percent of the people active in the Movie Discussion forum love the film. And it's very critically acclaimed. I don't know what you're talking about.

Atomic Rico
ESOTSM is a tad overrated to me

Solo
If "tad" now means not at all, then I completely agree!

Agent 69
goo sideways

Morning_Glory
sorry - when it came out and I went to see it - I was talking to other people who saw it - they didnt like it.. and said it was crap...

so thats why I said I thought I was the only one that liked it...

my friends have crap taste in movies, and nobody likes the movies I doerm

Solo
Ah, I see.

hbanana
I say Aviator and Milliojn Dollar Baby take home the most.
Hands down Swank will take home for Actress, she rocked.

Atomic Rico
No "tad" means sucky, and thanks for agreeing that you hate the movie-it means alot to me cool

Dom_Billy007
Phantom of the Opera should have been nominated for SOMETHING! mad that movie is awesome!

Beastro
It was nominated for two oscars actually.

Art Direction
Music(song)-"Learn to be Lonly"

I still cant figure out why "Shark Tale" was nominated over "The Polar Express".I meam "Shark Tale" sucked and "The Polar Express" the was more critically aclaimed.

Cinemaddiction
Critical acclaim doesn't get you anywhere. The only opinions that matter, that get the film nods are those of that inner circle of evil nominators. Which don't include many critics, if any.

Beastro
But it doesnt make sense to nominate one of the worst CGI pictures of the year and not nominate one of the best.

Solo
Let me be the first to say that made no sense, my reply meant it was awesome. It was implied in the post.

Morning_Glory
Phantom of the Opera is just made for the stage... erm

Cinemaddiction
That's strictly opinion. "Shark Tale", for what it's worth, outgrossed "Polar Express" by $50 Million bucks. I don't care to see either film, but I heard children were scared by "Polar Express".

Beastro
So maybe it wasnt a children flick.All I know is that "The Polar Express" had way better graphics and introduced a new way of techonoly with "Shark Tale" I only recall laughing once during that film.I really didnt like it.

BTW,nice sig.

Cinemaddiction
It all comes down to the opinions of the animators peers who choose the movies. "Polar Express" looked so eerily real, that it should have just been a live action film. Kind of defeats the purpose of animation, IMO.

(Thanks, BTW)

Beastro
I like when animation gets real.You get to see the true power of techonology and how it's evolved over the years.

Morning_Glory
did Polar Express not get nominated ... but Shark Tale did ??erm

Beastro
"The Polar Express" wasnt nominated.

Morning_Glory
i havent seen it - so I dont know if it is any good... (I know it wasn't nominated)

fanatos
Hey. The Village is nominated for best score, why didn't anyone tell me? smile

Clavis
damn such boring nominations.

Beastro
sad

Morning_Glory
I think it would be great if Kate Winslet won for best actress over Swank!

i love Eternal Sunshine... in_love

Reckoning
Sideways was overlooked also. The Oscars are a haven for hyped films.

Morning_Glory
Sideways was depressing

Solo
Some of my Oscar Predictions

What I want to happen:

Best Picture Nominees:
"The Aviator"
"Finding Neverland"
"Million Dollar Baby"
<strike>"Ray"</strike>
<strike>"Sideways"</strike>

What's going to happen:

Best Picture Nominees:
"The Aviator"
"Finding Neverland"
"Million Dollar Baby"
"Ray"
"Sideways"

What's unquestionably going to happen:

Best Animated Feature:
"The Incredibles"
"Shark Tale"
"Shrek 2"

pr1983
if don cheadle (hotel rwanda) doesn't get best actor there is no justice imo...

bilb
I'm betting Foxx has a lock on this one. But I would love to see Depp & Kate Winslet win.

pr1983
Foxx is also pretty good... i'd still prefer cheadle though...

Still don't know how carrey wasn't nominated...

Morning_Glory
I would love love to see Kate Winslet win over Swank.. I think Million Dollar Baby was overrated.. sorry embarrasment ... just my tiny opinion... thought Winslet's performance was a lot stronger...

I hope Foxx get's the oscar though embarrasment

pr1983
winslet should win i agree, million dollar baby wasn't imo the classic it was portrayed as...

foxx was excellent, up until i saw hotel rwanda i had foxx pegged... but cheadle was amazing...

Vader
He is the best actor of all the nominies so he should win.

Anna85
if u say so...
anyways
i don't like him a lot since the TITANIC boat

JKozzy
No, he shouldn't win the oscar.

Anna85
nice avatar, jkozzy

Jackie Malfoy
Blah I hope not.I can't stand him.JMyucky

Anna85
hi, jackie!!!
what's up?

forumcrew
theres actually a thread about the oscars in movie discussion.. but Leo did do a very good job, but so did foxx and depp

Anna85
i like depp!!!!!
he's the best

botankus
I was watching Silkwood last night and it reminded me of another one (besides Starship Troopers losing to Titanic for Best Visual Effects) of Oscar's all-time greatest snubs.

IMO, Cher's performance in 1985's Mask has got to be one of the all-time greatest performances in the last 25 years that didn't garner an Oscar nomination.

pr1983
i agree, that was an amazing movie, and cher was so good...

PIZZA WARRIOR
No doubt the Best Picture should go to "Sideways", and I am pulling for an Oscar for Virginia Madsen as Best Supporting Actress.

That is all I am interested in, though I hope Alexander Payne wins for Best Screenplay and Best Director.

Morning_Glory
Jaime Foxx won for Ray!! the rest of the oscars was crap and I didnt even watch it

Jedi Priestess
Here's the breakdown of the major awards

And the winners in the order announced are:

Best Supporting Actor: Morgan Freeman for Million Dollar Baby
Best Animated Feature: The Incredibles
Costuming: The Aviator
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchette for The Aviator
Best Documentary: Born into Brothels
Film Editing: The Aviator
Best Adapted Screenplay: Sideways
Special Effects: Spiderman 2
Honorary Oscar: Sidney Lumet
Cinematography: The Aviator
Best Song: The Song from The Motorcycle Diaries
Best Actress: Hillary Swank for Million Dollar Baby
Best Foreign Language Film: The Sea Inside
Best Original Screenplay: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Best Actor: Jamie Foxx for Ray
Best Director: Clint Eastwood
Best Picture: Million Dollar Baby

Norma Jean
You're hot.

Dr. Strangelove
Nothing really surprised me there, except I thought Aviator would either win best director or best picture. Glad Jamie Foxx won best actor, he deserved it.

Morning_Glory
I guess about time Morgan Freeman won an Oscars... should have won an Oscar for Driving Miss Daisy or Shawshank Redemption.. o well

Julie
I was pulling for Natalie Portman, but eh, I never even saw the movie she was nominated for.

Myth
This was the first Oscars ever where ALMOST everything I wanted to win won.

Wons I was happy to see:
Million Dollar Baby getting best picture
Clint getting director
Freeman getting sup actor
Swank actress
Eternal Sunshine org screen play
Sideways adapt screen play
Incredibles - Animated (that was a given)

alic88
i wanted finding neverland to win best picture but ah well

Cinemaddiction
Err.."Sideways" had a lot of competition.

Totally surprised to see "Million Dollar Baby" beat "The Aviator", in the same token, ecstatic, because I loved "MDB".

TOTALLY stoked Charlie Kaufman won for Best Screenplay. It's about time people realized the genius in his work, save "Adaptation". Blech.

BackFire
I think sideways should have definately won best pictures, an amazing movie that combined comedy and drama flawlessly, something very few movies do well.

Morning_Glory
Sideways wasnt that good of a movie... practically Sideways was about a guy going through mid life crises- and drinking tons and tons of whine

Morning_Glory
I thought Million Dollar Baby was overrated

RZA
Yes!!! Jamie Foxx won for best actor and Morgan Freeman won for best supporting actor. Yeah!!!! clap Happy Dance

It was a long time coming for Morgan Freeman, I'm glad he finally got it and it's amazing how far both Jamie Foxx and Jim Carey have gone from 'In Living Color' to the careers they're having now. I mean Foxx went from playing a ridiculous character like Wanda laughing out loud to playing an important iconic figure and all time great in Ray Charles.

ChickinMeat
Dont know if its been posted already, but hee ae the winners!

The 77th Annual Academy Awards were held on Sunday, February 27th, 2005, hosted by Chris Rock. Below are the complete list of 2005 oscar winners and nominees.

Best film
**Million Dollar Baby**
The Aviator
Finding Neverland
Ray
Sideways

Best director
**Clint Eastwood - Million Dollar Baby**
Martin Scorsese - The Aviator
Alexander Payne - Sideways
Taylor Hackford - Ray
Mike Leigh - Vera Drake

Best actor
**Jamie Foxx - Ray**
Clint Eastwood - Million Dollar Baby
Don Cheadle - Hotel Rwanda
Johnny Depp - Finding Neverland
Leonardo DiCaprio - The Aviator

Best actress
**Hilary Swank - Million Dollar Baby**
Imelda Staunton - Vera Drake
Kate Winslet - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Annette Bening - Being Julia
Catalina Sandino Moreno - Maria Full of Grace

Best supporting actress
**Cate Blanchett - The Aviator**
Virginia Madsen - Sideways
Laura Linney - Kinsey
Sophie Okonedo - Hotel Rwanda
Natalie Portman - Closer

Best supporting actor
**Morgan Freeman - Million Dollar Baby**
Alan Alda - The Aviator
Clive Owen - Closer
Jamie Foxx - Collateral
Thomas Haden Church - Sideways

Best foreign language film
**The Sea Inside - Spain**
As it is in Heaven - Sweden
The Chorus - France
Downfall - Germany
Yesterday - South Africa

Best original screenplay
**Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind**
The Aviator
Hotel Rwanda
The Incredibles
Vera Drake

Best adapted screenplay
**Sideways**
Before Sunset
Finding Neverland
Million Dollar Baby
The Motorcycle Diaries

Best music (song)
**Al Otro Lado Del Rio - The Motorcycle Diaries**
Accidentally in Love - Shrek 2
Believe - The Polar Express
Learn to be Lonely - The Phantom of the Opera
Look to Your Path (Vois Sur Ton Chemin) - The Chorus

Best music (score)
**Finding Neverland**
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
The Passion of the Christ
The Village

Best documentary short subject
**Mighty Times: The Children's March**
Autism is a World
The Children of Leningradsky
Hardwood
Sister Rose's Passion

Sound editing
**The Incredibles**
The Polar Express
Spider-Man 2

Best sound mixing
**Ray**
The Aviator
The Incredibles
The Polar Express
Spider-Man 2

Best cinematography
**The Aviator**
House of Flying Daggers
The Phantom of the Opera
A Very Long Engagement

Best animated short film
**Ryan**
Birthday Boy
Gopher Broke
Guard Dog
Lorenzo

Best short film
**Wasp**
Everything in This Country Must
Little Terrorist
7:35 in the Morning
Two Cars, One Night

Best visual effects
**Spider-Man 2**
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
I, Robot

Best documentary feature
**Born into Brothels**
The Story of Weeping Camel
Super Size Me
Tupac: Resurrection
Twist of Faith

Film Editing
The Aviator
Collateral
Finding Neverland
Million Dollar Baby
Ray

Best costume design
**The Aviator**
Finding Neverland
Ray
Troy

Best make-up
**Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events**
The Sea Inside

Best animated feature film
**The Incredibles**
Shark Tale
Shrek 2

Best art direction
**The Aviator**
Finding Neverland
The Phantom of the Opera
A Very Long Engagement

Lifetime Achievement Award
**Sidney Lumet**

appologies if you have already seen them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.