The Mask VS any marvel superhero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
I want to know who could stand up against the mask not the nice weird silly mask from the movies, but the comic book mask a homicidal madman who spills blood just for the fun of it. The mask cannot be killed by any means what so ever NOTHING CAN KILL HIM. He can summon any weapon out of thin air and feels no pain, he can instantly regenerate if wounded. Lets see if any marvel heroes can stand up against the unkillable mask.

RobWolf27
I don't know this one . Maybe Dr Doom could if he could get him to take the mask off .If infact if he took the mask off Doom can put it on.

RobWolf27
Or magneto if the mask has any metal in it.

RobWolf27
or Jean Grey she can take the mask off with her mind.

Tron
The Mask's daddy himself, Loki.Happy Dance

grey fox
The hulk !!!

Swanky-Tuna
Franklin Richards?

long pig
yeah...loki could just take it back. and give it to someone who he can control.

long pig
oh...he did say superhero. hmmm...i doubt any hero could take him in all honesty.

muffin man
Spider-man.
he could do it with 3 fights.

radioboy121
Well, people have compared him as a copycat off Impossible Man, so I might go with him. However, unlike the Mask, Impossible Man's repetoire other than as a comic jester is his evasiveness, so he's very hard to harm .

IRTMU-Dragon
No one can stop The Mask, this thread needs to be deleted.
Impossible man is nothing actually like The Mask, dont compare them.

The Mask is not bound by the laws of physics, And he cannot be killed... BY anything, as ive said, The Mask is his own sentient being of his own entire dimension that cannot be penetrat...

I cant argue, because there is no reason I doubt sometimes even The Mask knows how he does what he does.

BTW, The Mask CANT be harmed. Hes been a head laying on the ground before, he regrew his entire body in less than 10 seconds in the LOBO Vs THE MASK comic.

radioboy121
Impossible Man does not follow any true logic and his kind have only been killed when they wished it (suicide by baiting Galactus to consume them and their planet when they grew bored and depressed).

Although he doesn't take things seriously, Impossible Man is surely no pushover. If Mask can fall apart, there must be some form of pain. They don't fall apart for the heck of it.

Scoobless
impossible man took a direct blast from the silver surfer from like a meter away......... then made it into a joke

Scoobless
actualy he may not have now that i think about it........... i think he tried to make the surfer think he'd killed him as part of his plan to loosen him up

Khellendros
Hmmm. Phoenix could do it, just tear the mask off his face. Dr Strange could probably pull it off, banish him to some pocket dimension or something like that. I agree, though, not many could stop him permanently.

IRTMU-Dragon
lol, lol, lol...

First of all you cant just TEAR the mask off of his face. You cant banish im anywhere, because he has no soul or "spirit tail" to take hold of... basically you cant control him because hes not real, and you cant really kill him because he's not alive.

Hes a very impossible character, and it is extremely stupid to pit him against any hero, Hell, I can see him destroying Tribunal, then tribunal coming back, destroying him, then him coming back, destroying the tribunal, over and over and over again.

The Mask has no link to his spirit, he is what he is, and that is some freak who can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

The Mask was linked to stanley ipkiss's body, so when it goes on, only the wearer can take it off, infact, many people have tried to take it off in his comics. It doesnt work.

That and besides the fact if The Mask wants, he can instantly be impervious to everything, including psionics, technology, fire, ice, ANYTHING the wearer wants, the wearer gets.

IRTMU-Dragon
BTW, in The hunt for green october issue 3, The Mask gave his reason for not owning the entire universe...

"Thered be no one too play with! And uhh... Im kinda lazy?"
Then he proceeded to throw guns at people, with the same force of what Grifter deemed "The Force of two planets colidding at light speed powerful enough to create a black hole"

Also, impossible man can shapeshift, and thats it... am I mistaken? Because I remember all him being able to do is turn into anything he wants, not that he cant be killed.

Khellendros
I still think Strange could do it. If nothing else, he could just banish the wearer, and the Mask goes with them, correct?

IRTMU-Dragon
Sorry to say, there are no technicalities here... I mean, youd think that would make sense, just banish the wearer...

But, sorry... As long as The Mask is a sentient being inside the wearer's soul, that wearer IS the mask in every way shape and form, there is no more "Wearer" once the mask is on.

I really think hes a unfair character... WHICH IS WHY I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! He cant be beaten, in all of his comics all he did was screw around and he even ran around naked in one of them.

Hell, in LOBO, The Mask. The Mask even made fun of the villains, you know how everyone fires there gun and then throws it when its out of bullets?

He didnt even fire them, he just threw guns at people...

And... it worked pretty well, he stuck about 8 guns into one guy, blood was flowing out, god it was horrible... But fun. Happy Dance

Khellendros
If there is no wearer, then how can the wearer choose to take it off? And, if he gets banished, he can't come back, can he? Also, how the hell is he going to kill something like the Tribunal???

jinzin
Captain Universe would probably stand a good chance assuming his host was halfway competent enough to use his powers correctly.

IRTMU-Dragon
Khellendros, precisely the question that is impossible to answer... "How." As ive said sometimes im pretty sure the mask doesnt even know how he does things himself.

Khellendros, The Mask chooses to take itself off at the right time, when the spirit within wills something, The Mask makes it happen. Without the wearer the Mask would cease to exist, thats the way The Mask works, it brings out the deeperst darkest desires of the wearer and kind of uses it in a certain sense, to where, The Mask knows when its time to come off.

If the time is right, The mask wont ever come off, in one issue The Mask was on the entire comic.

The only thing the Wearer chooses, about the mask, is the time to put it on. Everything else is pretty much The Masks' decision.

Again, The Mask CANT be banished, its its own magical entity, were talking about a being beyond virtually any law of physics, morals or anything ever created that we consider true to life, he can break, whenever he wants. No gravity? No problem, he can do it. Create a boat out of his coat pocket? No problem.
Infact, The Masks's stats are even better than the gods...
His stats are "Whatever he so chooses" The living tribunals is Meta-human.
Anyways, I dont want to argue about The living tribunal facing him, because that is a match NO ONE can even begin to decide or argue over.

Captain Universe, is bound by the laws of physics, and is not even a match for The Mask... no one is, this is a stupid thread.

Tron
Living Tribunal a meta-human? Do you realize just how off you are?

IRTMU-Dragon
I meant his abilities are beyond meta-human, sorry.

Khellendros
I understand that it is it's own magical entity. My point is, I doubt it can breach dimensional walls. Kiddy tricks like pulling crap out of nowhere is fine and nifty, but if a heavy duty magical power puts their will to it, the Mask is gone. And don't say he isn't bound by the laws of physics because neither is magic.

baddspellahl4
yep he's already shown proff of super strenght,speed,stamina, and packs so much heat, he would have the punisher crying. I dunno on this one.

baddspellahl4
so you're saying the mask whooped lobo's ass?

RobWolf27
yes with broads no can stop the mask but use you head all the guy has to do is take the mask off or have the mask taken off him by someone else .

RobWolf27
I mean no one

RobWolf27
by using brute strength will pro veal. But by taking the mask off because he does or by someone else taking the mask off he can be stopped. The mask isn't really a super hero he just a man who wears a enchanted mask. The mask can be use by any body according to the comics And the movies.

Mider
the mask cant be removed once its on someone its totally bonded with that person the person IS the mask and the mask is the person only when the mask wants to be taken off can it be taken off.

long pig
yea, mask beat lobo...if i remember correctly, he ate lobo.
indeed the mask is one of those characters thats all-powerful.
every marvel hero/villian and every dc hero/villan together couldnt take out the mask. hmmm you smell a mask vs jugg debate? if anyone could
stop him he could.

Mider
if the mask can take out Lobo he can take out superman and if he can take out superman he can take out juggs.

Mider
does anyone in here collect the mask comics? And if so what are like the best issues one should buy?

RobWolf27
The mask is just a mask That gives the user unspeakable powers right.But it also let out the possessors true inner self or his hidden personality .like Dr jackal and Mr Hyde OK. And all anyone has to do is use something sensitive to him or trick him into taking off the mask. He can take the mask off. The mask doesn't control him.They are bonded yes . The mask just gives the user power to do what he wants it unlocks his true desires that are not limited to reality he can manipulate reality to the way he wants to see it. So he might just beat everybody in the marvel universe. And yet he might take the mask off and spider man might take it from him or any one of the evil minions of Doom or Mr sinister or anyone and they will put it on and your have a Dr Doom Mask or something. In Reality Marvel Comics are more thought up from a realistic point of view and Marvel comic book Characters are not superficial type characters they have there weakness and there strengths and Stan lee created the x men to speak out about or to raise awareness about racism and to always try to coexist and seek peace and not to hate people because they are different from you but treat everybody equal no matter if ther mutant or human or in are case black or white or Arab or Jew but to accept each other. Night Crawler in a xmen Cartoon we all know night crawler is a Monk. In this cartoon they all said he looks like a demon and he does.But his appearance shows a monster like creature But on the inside he is a god loving monk who tells everybody that god loves everyone. Anyways Its all about teaching lesson about tolerance ,. Professor X is the whole embodiment of the team wanting peace between Mutants and human showing love to all.But lately I think some people in the xmen Comics has went away from this . I not sure though. All i have to say is Marvel is suppose to be more realistic and not to be superficial. I mean DC comics sometimes has More superficial Characters than marvel. What's weird to be is that Marvel Comics sometimes Glorifies the one true God and yet speaks of there being other Gods I guess that's to give variety I guess but thats odd to me. One minute its going with western culture teaches and science and the next minute they bring up mythology and then make believe and mystic arts.I guess they try to cover all categories So it's mixed up I guess . The mask is superficial it's imaged it's not created based on real life and The Xmen is and spider man also Science part there and spider man has to work harder than superman and the mask . Did you play spider man 2 for Ps2. its not i will do what ever i please .But it is with great power comes great responsibility.Maybe your right the mask does control the man.He has great power but uses it to do evil that's not right. Besides This is hard to say who will win Bye.

RobWolf27
Yes I posted the Rogue with Thor's powers .Because I know its fictional vs fictional. Hard one to decide though Maybe Rogue. But I wanted to express the lesson that Stan Lee was meanig by creating the Xmen on my other post before this one.

RobWolf27
Maybe I exgerated on that fourth post on this page I meant Xmen were made based on real life nazi germany and real issues when it comes to racism.And but mostly it is to show that we should accept people for who they are or not judge a book by its cover but by the words inside. Not to despise someone because there outward appearance or because they are different. i am wrong to say arab and jew its Muslim and jew and that's something completely different. But Rogue may have a chance of beating the mask

KillAll
isnt the mask created... by loki?? or atleast loki banished into the mask?? if so, that puts him pretty far down on marvels heirarchy wink

long pig
yes, by loki with help by -insert the name here dragon...i know you know- , DH loki isnt Marvels loki. But yea after a very long rant by rob (heh poke) I think it could go these two ways:
The Mask kills everyone who ever existed
OR
he takes the mask off and gets shot by a random thug. pretty easy if he takes it off

i was under the impression he would have the mask on the entire time but ...now i could see going different.

baddspellahl4
when the hell did tron become a mod?

The Flash
It's a long story. To make a long story short...he became mod.

FrothByte
maybe someonce like archanger michael or lucifer can do it. maybe they can put mask in a different universe the size of a prison cell.
don't know much about mask tho asides from the movie.

baddspellahl4
no way in hell he beats LT. I don't give a f.uck how powerfel that dam mask is, it isn't enough to take down LT.

Tron
Basically, lol.

Mider
LT is a PEER to eternity i dont know if any of you know the definition of peer but it means equal if you dont belive that read the infinity gauntlet he isnt any were near as powerful as he thinks basically i think the only reason anyone listens to LT is because eternity is bound to his universe and so are all the other abstract entities as in master order lord chaos LT is not but that doesnt make him more powerful there is only one LT every universe has its own eternity and thus eternity would ask the LT's help cause he cant just escape into another universe if he was in danger like when Thanos got the infinity gauntlet or when Korvac became more powerful then Eternity. So you see all you self proclaimed comic genisus if you actually went back and read info on the LT in his battles you'd know this already. Lets say someone more powerful then eternity challanged the mask like thanos with the infinity gauntlet well basically Thanos cant out power the mask cause the mask is his own supreme being and can grant himself any power, he cant controll the mask since the mask doesnt exist in this reality, he cant steal the masks soul cause he has no soul, he cant undoe him cause once again he isnt real and basically is on paur with the reality gem in power, he cant banish him cause ONCE AGAIN he isnt real there's nothing to banish, and he cant age him cause the mask is immortal, he cant do shit to the mask and if the infinity gauntlet cant do anything to the mask nor can eternity or the LT. I tried to learn the extend of the beyonders powers the same way but people who dont even know what there talking about ruined that thread too by saying the LT could defeat him. All i needed to do was read secret wars part II and know that the LT is nothing compared to the Beyonder in power. This thread needs to be closed and i need to stop relying on the misinformed for information.

Mider
It was stupid of me to make this thread all i really wanted to know is the extent of the masks powers and from what ive learned no one except beings like Lucifer Morningstar can come close to matching the mask since like the mask Lucifer can be his own supreme being and can creat the concepts of time and space for himself so basically no one in this universe can defeat the mask it would take someone beyond the cosmic or mystic to defeat the mask i should have just ask IRTMU-Dragon none of you have brough up any good arguments you keep saying magic could defeat him and since the mask is his the ruler of his own dimention thats like saying that you could beat Chthon in his own dimention using magic witch we all know isnt gonna happen.

KillAll
no, eternity refers to Living Tribunal as his "peer". LT is leaps and bounds more powerful than eternity, and eternity knows it. everbody in the universe (including eternity) wanted LT to stop thanos madness. but he said it was "natural selection" of sorts..

eternity was DEFEATED by the infinity gauntlet, LT snapped his fingers and rendered it USELESS. are they equal in power?? you make the call

Mider
first the LT is not strong engouh to defeat korvac so he turns tail and runs then he is suddenly strong enough to snap his fingers and turn off the powers of the infinity gauntlet then once again he isnt strong enough to help eternity when the infinites threatened all realities or when Dormammu threatend to invade this universe witch is a big inbalance then you see him being distroyed by the power of THOTU but not death she is the only survivor you know what i think i think the LT is a redicoulous character who isnt as powerful as everyone makes him out to be he is not the all powerful entity they make him out to be i have read such examples myself and i have stated them above i know for sure that he cant defeat the brothers and i know for sure the brothers cant defeat the beyonder and i know that the beyonder is beyond the universe as we know it and thus beyond LT's power and the mask is odviously beyond all the laws of the multiverse as well the LT cant just be powerful one second and then not as powerful the next those are very BIG inconsistancy's.

KillAll
when did this happen???

yes, yes he was

nobody said he COULNDT help. he said he WOULDNT help. and "all realities" werent threatened. LT is a cosmic judge. he does not always act. but he CAN if his 3 faces are in agreement.

it doesnt matter if its an imbalance or not. LT acts if the multiverse is threatened. he doesnt always act. the infinity gauntlet was a major imbalance, but he still did nothing. but he is still leaps and bounds more powerful than the gauntlet.

actually there were 2 survivors. death, and adam warlock. you dont know what you are talking about apparently wink and who survived was up to thanos. who was "the ultimate" being.

do i really care??? lol...

wow, you are getting really confused here. you are so wrong you dont even know it wink the beyonder wasnt even as powerful as a single celestial. lol. a celestial is below eternity in power. eternity is below LT. so again, i'm right... you're wrong.

they are not inconsistancies. sometimes he acts, sometimes he doesnt.

Alpha Centauri
IRTMU Dragon, in a fit of rage said "Go to The Mask thread and see. Go and see why he's the best."

What do I find? Another vehement whooping.

-AC

Tron
Closing by request.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.