Never Say Never Again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
As an unofficial Bond film, how is it compared to the official Bond films? is it worth buying? smile

Clovie
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f65/t18867.html
merging

yerssot
yes, mod clovs stick out tongue

well, it's a remake of Thunderball... and Sean is bald in it... so better see the original one

Clovie
i will get it merged.....angel_not

i didn't know it is a remake..
i know kim basinger plays there smart

Mane
I've seen Thunderball, but you still never answered my question. Is it worth seeing or buying?

yerssot

Mane
So that's a no?

yerssot
I would say no... the original is always better

Mane
Alright, thanks alot. thumb up

yerssot
"Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitational pull" no expression

Ahnold
That damn hairpiece of Connery's still haunts me, you know ...

Perhaps I was being a bit too harsh in the other "NSNA" thread; the film isn't THAT crap, it just doesn't have anything to really recommend it. The story is {obviously} just a re-hash, the action is uninspired, the FX hokey in parts {even by the standards of the day}, and it's just downright strange in terms of the way in which it messes with established character traits {An old JB? A young M? A cockney Q called Algernon? A black Felix?}. Hard to believe that Irving Kershner {the director of "The Empire Strikes Back", people} helmed this mess ...

Having said that, Connery was still undeniably cool after all those years away {adding an intriguing, almost "world weary" quality to Bond for this adventure}, and some bits are undeniably fun {such as the "world domination" game}.

What do you guys think?

yerssot
but ahnold, it only moved a bit wink

I thought that the Volpe in this movie got closer to the naughty nurse version wink

Ahnold
Originally posted by yerssot
But ahnold, it only moved a bit.

That's not the point; it looks SO unbelievably fake! It's vying with William Shatner's rug for the title of "worst hairpiece ever" ...

Ahnold
Heh - I'm a bit obsessed, aren't I?

yerssot
no, not really... everyone could see that it was a hairpiece and a darn ugly one too

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.