Shadowcat vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
I know this sounds like a strange battle but if I think it'll be quite interesting. While Kitty's phased few if any of Storm's powers will have any effect. Lightning won't bother her since electricity passes straight through her, hail wouldn't harm her either. I'm not sure about high winds but I doubt it. Kitty can also become airborne although she can't fly, instead she climbs the air like a flight of stairs. To win storm will eventually have to go hand to hand and then I say Kitty with her training by Logan and mutant ability will have the upper hand.

Swanky-Tuna
Does Shadowcat still have to hold her breath to go intangible?

Lord Ryugen
Only if she's going uderground. Otherwise she just needs to concentrate.

pr1983
storm can create snow last i checked, and icy conditions, she could freeze shadowcat (not literally), just enough to distract her and stop her phasing... of course kitty does have the martial arts...

i say storm based on experience...

Lord Ryugen
Maybe, I don't know if Kitty's immune to temprature change while phased, if not then Storm'll take this by dropping the temp.

pr1983
the zap her with lightning...

that does as you say depend on whether temperature change affects phased kitty...

Lord Ryugen
I don't think Lightning would affect Kitty. Think about it when Kitty phases through machinery she passes through wires and circuits that are charged with an electrical current. Since she doesn't seem to notice I'm guessing that a lightning bolt wouldn't do anything.

pr1983
no, i meant once she de-phases... the cold causes her to revert to normal, then lightning zaps her...

Lord Ryugen
If that happens...well she's pretty much screwed. laughing

pr1983
pretty much yeah...

Lord Ryugen
But then again if she can't feel temprature change she's got a good chance.

pr1983
true...

Lord Ryugen
Hmm don't suppose you could think of any one who could tell us?

DarkCrawler
I dont think she can be concetrated when Storm hits her with everything she has.

Lord Ryugen
I don't know all she has to do is keep in mind that all storm can really do is make an impressive lightshow if she keeps phased. Unless she can still be affected by temprature change or high winds., at which point she will lose concentration and then the match two seconds later.

DarkCrawler
I couldnt keep concetrated if the natures forces explode the ground under me. Doesn't her feet need to be un-phased for her to walk?

muffin man
well storm because shadowcat isn't a fighter.

Mainstream
Not true Muffin man Shadowcat was training in Judo by Logan...but Storm would still kick her phasing ass!

muffin man
yep.

DarkCrawler
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/storm21.jpg
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/storm43.jpg
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/storm53.jpg

muffin man
was that emma frost because if it is they haven't printed it in the uk yet althought it could be in the one out tommorrow

Lord Ryugen
Um Shadowcat is a fighter Muffin man, she was trained in ninjitsu by Logan, believe me they wouldn't of used her in missions if she couldn't defend herself.

And in answer to your remark Darkcrawler Kitty has a lot of battle experience. I stands to reason that she could keep a cool head in bad situations. Although if her feet still have to remain unphased then Storm will probably use this to her advantage.

Mainstream
is that Emma vs Storm above me?

muffin man
ninjitsu mainstream said judo or was it a combo of the 2 like jujitsu.
and how does logan know ninjitsu he was a samurai.

DarkCrawler
Yes

But Storm has more.

muffin man
yes storm has been around longer.
"I'm not a fighter like you" kitty pride astonishing X-men#1
read it online

Lord Ryugen
I admit freely that Storm is a better fighter I was simply pointing out that Kitty is not defenceless. And to tell the truth I don't know what martial arts Logan taught her I was led to believe that it was ninjitsu.

Mainstream
I read it was Judo in the Xmen encyclopedia

muffin man
what other encyclopedias do you have mainstream?

Mainstream
Let me see I got all 5 except the Hulk one. volume one was general marvel character, 2 was Xmen character, 3 was the hulk (I may get ) 4 is Spiderman characters and and 5 is Blade, Daredevil and Ghost Rider related characters..hopefully volume 6 (and I know they gotta be making one) will be about the fantastic four.

muffin man
cool.

Mainstream
Indeed.

DarkCrawler
More cool Storm pics:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/012605/images/unxmen454p3.gif

Mainstream
extremely cool at that DarkCrawler.

Napalm
forgive me for my ignorence but who is shadowcat?

Mainstream
what you kidding right? okay Shadowcat is Kitty Pryde. A Jewish white female mutant that can phase or walk through stuff. she can only phase when she is holding her breathe. She was breifly in both Xmen movies.

Maelstrom
I'm not sure about this but this seems to be the way i remember it. In an issue of the x-men, sorta like the flip side of wolverine teaching colossus a lesson, it was storms turn to show kitty the difficult side of disobedience.
Kitty was standing on a terrace or something and storm swept her up. Even though she could walk on air she was completely at storms mercy.
Storm could conceivably drive kitty underground or suck the breathable air away from her.

Mainstream
I agree with that maelstrom.

muffin man
whoa this is very one sided more than any asian hulk thread
no offence

vaya_the_elf
Probably storm would win sad , but I would love to see Kitty win.

I love storm do, but Kitty is one of my favorite x-men.

Mainstream
Storm is black and she's proud!

muffin man
okay fair enough.
I haven't read that many X-mens with kitty in is my problem I understand her powers and does she have a pet dragon?

Mainstream
Lookhead the dragon...I forgot how she got that guy..I think it's a guy dragon..maybe she bought him or her at a pet store......

vaya_the_elf
what does storm being black have to do with anything?

As for the dragon she got it in another world. The dragon's world got destroyed so kitty kept it.

Mainstream
I was just saying their aren't enough black mutant in the world. Storm pretty cool..she could have been orange I wouldn't have gave a damn.

muffin man
so its kinda her pet.

Mainstream
yeah...a cool pet at that...all I ever got was frickin puppies!

vaya_the_elf
laughing

muffin man
yep I hate dogs.
can I have a griffin I ask my mum but she said no.
offtopicdots

vaya_the_elf
A griffin would be very cool.

I'd like a unicorn, griffin, a small dragon, or just about any creature type thing .. lol

Mainstream
your mum? ooooooooooooh you mean your mom? right?

vaya_the_elf
Although I don't really see storm and shadowcat ever fighting. There pretty good friends

muffin man
yes I know I should beggged her more
and I had to get rid of my Hydra cause it ate the carpet.

Draco69
Storm wins hands down. She can just stay in the air and pummel her from above.

Mainstream
my three headed monkey beat up my Playstation 2 because I would make it 3 banana sandwiches.

muffin man
so what kind of pet do you want? DRACO 69

Draco69
????? I guess I would love to have ferret or something.

Mainstream
ferret are okay...I always wanted a lemur..it's like a monkey with raccoon head.

muffin man
ok ferrit that kinda a weasel thing.
three headed monkey mainstream huh I heard if you pull in one of those tails you get a wish and if you pull on its finger it breaks wind

Mainstream
laughing I might have to see about that Ben.

muffin man
yeah. its a brilliant idea but don't try it with a 3 headed ape it'll jump on you

vaya_the_elf
I know I don't want a Guinea pig right now

DarkCrawler
I had an rabid midget that I found from the streets. I kept him on leash, but he only accepted human kidneys as his food so I had to get rid of him.

I released him on children playground.

muffin man
ha ha.
I know apes don't have tails but I was playing pin the tail on the donkey

Mainstream
laughing

muffin man
a rabid midget one of those bit my leg when I went to america.

Mainstream
really Ben?

muffin man
no I was joking I've never been to america please streamy tell me more.

muffin man
no bodies gonnaa tell me about america

Mainstream
what you want to know.

muffin man
what its like with all these superheroes running around new york city
and all these foot soldiers attacking people

Mainstream
It's not so bad..you get used to it..Spiderman saved my doggie from the Vulture the other day.

muffin man
cool ever seen tombstone?
I had a conversation with captain britain.
and have you ever seen the ninja turtles?

Mainstream
yeah ate a chicken and peanut butter pizza with Leo and Mikey the other day.

muffin man
really tell me more about the gross pizza

Mainstream
It wasn't so bad..you should try it.

muffin man
peanut butter and chicken?
its probably not as god as olive, ham and chocolate pizza

Mainstream
I'll take your word on it

muffin man
you should try it

demigawd
???????

muffin man
what do you have no sense of humour?

Mainstream
...we were just messing around...I think Storm takes this one though.

demigawd
Oh, ok, I wasn't sure if I accidentally clicked on the wrong button and went to another thread, lol.

Mainstream
nope...who you going with on this one?

muffin man
storm will win we've just gone completily nuts and have been cracking jokes instead of staying on topic.
offtopicrules!!!!

Mainstream
???? relax muffin kay.

muffin man
what but off topic does rule

Mainstream
Indeed.

demigawd
Hmm...who will win?

A couple of notes:

1)Shadowcat was trained in self-defense by Logan (it may very well have been Judo), BUT she was also trained in samurai/assassin techniques by Ogun, who also trained Logan. That's where most of her hand-to-hand power comes from.

2)Shadowcat was knocked out by electricity before while she was phased. Magneto did it to her. It was "a lethal dose of electricity" that she only survived, "because she was phased at the time", but she was definitely knocked out and believed to be dead at the time

I'm not sure what the current status of her power is, because it gets retconned so often, but last I checked, I think she still has to hold her breath when phasing (which I believe Sabretooth used to his advantage in their fight). If that's the case, then it's only a matter of time before Storm takes her out. Storm has too many tools, and like a poster mentioned earlier, Storm can just lay back about 500 feet in the air and wait Kitty out.

Interesting fight, though.

Mainstream
Kitty isn't on Storm level...nuff said ( I have always wanted to say that)

vaya_the_elf
Storm would win, but I would like to see kitty win instead..

Although I love storm to

muffin man
there no hope for kitty winning its like (in ninja turtles terms) michealangelo fasting

phase
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Hmm don't suppose you could think of any one who could tell us?

I can help! (Surprisingly) Kitty is not affected by temperature change when phased coz (the boring part :geeksmile her control of particles at sub-atomic levels is incredible, and especially with air, there is no chance of her atoms coming in contact with the air molecules while she's phased...so...she can not lose or gain heat energy as it can not be transferred to her.

So as she is unaffected by wether conditions, she runs up the air to storm and uses her ninja skills or just picks up a twig and phases it into storm and kills her!!!!!! yay!!!! Fun 4 evry1!!!!!

DarkCrawler
And Storm will just stand in one place...roll eyes (sarcastic)

phase
well no confused

But storm can't hurt her so unless storm does something stupid i think it will b a stalemate smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.