Pablo Updates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
The following is taken from swmovies.net

- Amidala will leave a safe place to risk her life...

- In the same sequence where Mace dies, we'll see a lot of others die too.

- The Jedi-ghost explanation will give the EU a headache...

- Yoda has more than one action-scene.

- The rumor that the general will Force Grip someone to death is untrue.

- The planets we see in the Clone Wars miniseries won't make their appearance in Episode III, and all the worlds in the movie will be named.

- The "Set Diary" will probably return during the pick-up shootings.

- Ki-Adi Mundi's role is the same as he had in the previous movies.

- There will be a slight nuance about the Jedi-ghosts, considering ROTJ.

- The General still hasn't received his final color yet.

bigsef3
I am very interested in these two statement:

- The Jedi-ghost explanation will give the EU a headache...
- There will be a slight nuance about the Jedi-ghosts, considering ROTJ.

Does the nuiance have to do with vader/anakin dissappearing when he dies? and what sort of headache is this? a "good greif it cant be that stupid" headache or a "this doesnt make sense based on what authors like timothy zahn wrote in their books" headache?

Ushgarak
Yeah, I could do with knowing what he means by nuance!

eleveninches
I think its a shame killing Dooku off within the first 10 minutes of the filmsad

Ushgarak
The shame is that a three part story is being done in two parts. Dooku HAS to die early- there is just no time left for the rest of the story! Would it have been better if he had more screen time- yes, but in earlier films!

bigsef3
yeah, i agree. darth maul, no matter how cool he was, was a waste of screen time and character. dooku should have been in TPM, he should have killed his old apprentice, quigon, been injured somehow by obiwan. Or better yet, qui-gon should not have been a character at all in the story (although he is one of my favorites)

From a storyline perspective, I think it would have been better for Dooku to be obiwans master, at the end of the movie, it is revelaed Dooku was a sith apprentice, he and obiwan had it out - possibly arguing over the corruption in the senate and jedi, and how the chosen one should be trained, while obiwan said he shouldnt.... the battle could have ended in some sort of draw.... then in AOTC, Dooku could have had alot more screen time, there would be a real relationship between him and an on screen character and the duel at the end of AOTC would have been that much more dramatic.

bigsef3
in fact, let me add..... AOTC could have ended with ANakin killing DOoku, and becoming Palpatines bodyguard.... what a great cliff-hanger!!!! we really had no cliffhanger in EPII - nothing along the lines of ESB!

Ushgarak
I seem to remember SFX magazine once saying that if Episode I had been Episode II and started with the words "An old man finds a powerful boy in the desert. The man then dies." then it would not have actually slowed the story at all...

That's not 100% correct as Anakin's angelic innocence was the vitial component of Episode I but the pricniple is spot on- too much is being done in not enough time. It has often been stated that Episode I felt like an Episode Zero.

bigsef3
yeah, i would have liked it if episode I was really a precursor to the series, like the hobbit was an introduction of sorts to lord of the rights. there is just no continuity to the prequel trilogy. theres a new villian in every movie. and what the heck is the point of grevious? hes introduced and killed within an hour?! same thing with darth maul and dooku, really.... they have almost no screen time!

Putte
I would just think that it would have been corny if Dooku was Obi-wans master... seeing that Anakin is going to attack Obi-wan it really would have been the same thing... And Anakin will become Palpatines bodyguard... So, who cares anyway?

Darth Jello
there's a very practical reason for Dooku's screen time. CHRISTOPHER LEE IS OVER 80!!!!! GIVE HIM A BREAK!!!!! HE HAS APPEARED IN MORE MOVIES THAN ANY ACTOR IN MOVIE HISTORY AND IT'S ABOUT TIME HE HAD SOME REST!!!!

Ushgarak
Heck, Lee would appear in the whole film if asked! He loves being on-screen.

yerssot
hello, what have we here big grin

bigsef3
heres some new updates:

- The title "The Creeping Fear" is as most would have guessed fake. It was a nice joking around cause it's a titlesong that will be released on April Fools Day.

- Where the Clones have lines, Temura will play them, other clones will be played by Bodie Taylor.

- We will learn more about Palpatine and his origin in this movie.

- There are scenes which George is not happy about, but there isn't time to redo them.

- There is a new paralel with AOTC: in the second episode he questioned why he wasn't a jedi yet, in EpIII he questioned why he isn't a master yet.

yerssot
say, bigsef3... I wouldn't mind writing it on swm AND here you know roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigsef3
well, then why dont you? :-)

yerssot
cause I didn't thought you would copy-paste it every time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.