toad vs. beast vs. gambit vs. cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spawn of Satan
in an all out war who will surbive?

Spawn of Satan
i say toad has the edge unless cyclops hits him

muffin man
gambit can take out beast
cyclops can take out toad soo.
I hate cyclops so Gambit

DarkCrawler
No he cant.

Cyclops beats Gambit easily.

Beast too.

Especially current beast.

muffin man
your one of those cyclops lovers aren't you.

Havoc470
toad has been a character with so much misdirection, in recent comics he got his tongue cut off by wolvie and they never showed or even hinted at the powers he got during xmen: forever which was his last appearance before wolvie sliced his tongue off, they even made it seem like toad never met wolvie before O_o it really ruined the character for me, its better to never see him again than see him tampered with every few years

but anyway, xmen: forever toad would definitely put much more of a hurting on these characters...but seeing as he's been screwed up then i would have to say he's the first to go down

it would go down to gambit and cyclops, i like both these characters and they're fast, though cyclops is more tactical, and his accuracy would basically render gambits cards useless...so i'd have to go with cyclops

muffin man
ok.
gambit would just energise his visor and since cyclops is afraid to blast things he would through it back at him. so in my opinion thats cyclops out.

Mainstream
Gambit and Cyclopes might be half brothers..Gambit was adopted...but Cyclopes is a better fighter he ranked a 4 out of 7 in the Xmen handbook..while the much cooler mutant Gambit only got a 3 out of 7. thought I was never really one for stats anyway. but Scott could beat Remy...in most cases.

muffin man
handbook they tell lies.
the big ones don't though.

Mainstream
I got the info from a big one....

pr1983
cyclops and beast are the last two, cyclops can take gambit or toad, as can beast, when it comes down to the last two its a case of who hits first, and i think cyke can hit beast, he's a big enough target...

Havoc470
gambit doesnt have superspeed, he cant get close enough to cylops to charge his visor, cyclops doesnt even have to shoot gambit, he could cancel all his card throws and shoot the floor below gambit, then take him out with another blast, remember, they're CONCUSSIVE blasts so gambit wont have nothing else to do but k.o

muffin man
but you said handbook traditionally
handbook=small

Mainstream
my bad Benny Wenny...I meant my trust...(drum roll please) my Xmen encyclopedia.

Havoc470
i dont think beast would survive gambit, he has good speed and agility...nowhere near beasts but he can charge close to any object and is really damn good with his staff

dont get me wrong beast is one strong character, but he's never shown to do very well against ranged enemies

due to comic book bashing toad would be the first to go sick

BUT, if it were xmen: forever toad (which imo is the last time toad was done with respect to his history), then its a whole new ball game evil face

pr1983
by saying beast i was assuming beast could get close to him, if not gambit takes it...

muffin man
ok. and I hate being called Benny and I espeacailly don't like that wenny part and stop standing over my grave

Mainstream
Finally a person who believe Gambit can take down Beast...their are so few of us out there..what we don't have in numbers we make up for with guts .

Havoc470
yeah, beast could definitely take him out if he got close enough, but these two characters know eahcothers abilities so that might give gambit the upper-hand and he would keep his distance....imo at least

muffin man
ok how many guts am I supposed to have?

Mainstream
Dat's what I be talkin bout omme..Gambit might not be as smart as Beast but Gambit anit no fool neither!

muffin man
yeah sugar.
wait thats his girlfriend.

Mainstream
yeah and she says Sugah.

pr1983
if gambit keeps away from beast he'll take him, but if beast gets his hands on gambit the cajun is f*cked

muffin man
oh well pouting need that as a smilie.

Havoc470
yeah definitely, which could likely happen, beast is really damn fast and definitely not a character to take lightly

current beast, you mean astonishing xmen beast? he's gotten re-vamped back to the beast i used to like, not the pacifist they made him out to be in new xmen

muffin man
yeah but if he gets to close then gambit would smash his pole over his head.

Mainstream
true...though in his current form he does look like a blue Simba on his hid legs.

muffin man
yep he looks like he's trying to be in the next lion king

Havoc470
that wouldnt do much to him, except give him the chance of getting closer to gambit and completely messing him up

pr1983
not neccessarily, beast's reflexes are extremely sharp, he's an xcellent close quarters combatant

Mainstream
Beast...are you Simba real daddy? on the next Jerry Springer

muffin man
yeah smash it over his head beast goes a little bit busy then he hits him in the nuts with a card toad comes a long and lashes beast with his tongue.

Havoc470
-_-.....these guys just dont read pr1983

pr1983
i know havoc...

i actually think cyclops and beast would work together, they've known each other for years...

they can take gambit and toad respectively, then face off...

Mainstream
yeah...if Gambit partner is toad Remy is royally F**ked.

muffin man
yeah beast and cyclops would work together or gambit and beast depends on which one beast thought was less annoying.
Toads in it one his own.
thank Pr 1983

Mainstream
Toad sucks.

pr1983
beast and cyclops were two of the original xmen...

thats my theory anyway...

Mainstream
Yeah they were with Xavier back when Gambit was stealing in da big easy. where's Rogue when he needs her?

muffin man
not as much as the kangeroo.
offtopicjerry

Mainstream
hey....just trying to lighten things up Muffin.

Havoc470
only because recent marvel writers have lost alot of character history and wont take them into consideration anymore

imo, a few characters that have been changed due to new writers would be toad, cyclops, and beast, theres alot of others but they dont come to mind....while cyclops and beast are being brought back up to stature in astonishing xmen imo

Mainstream
yeah...I remember a time when he didn't suck as much .

pr1983
new xmen ruined cyclops big time, even later uncanny issues have turned him into a pr*ck... beast seemed to be forgotten, but now as you said there coming back in astoninshing, though i hate the artwork...

i always liked toad, i thought he got a bad rap from writers who couldnt bother their arses to give him a decent role...

DarkCrawler
We are talking about Beast here. One of the founding X-Men members. I really think that he has gone hundreds of Danger Room scenes that include projectile and energy dodging. With his agility and experience, Gambit couldn't hit Beast in his best days.

pr1983
but beast, no matter how fast he moves, is an awfully big target, i think he can take gambit, but it wont be easy...

muffin man
yes he is like the size of king kong.

vaya_the_elf
Toad would be down in no time.

Gambit has somewhat a chance.

Although I think it comes down to beast, and cyclops

DarkCrawler
Yes he is, but it is hard to hit him. Its not the size that matters, it is the speed that you can dodge.

vaya_the_elf
Plus he is super smart, so he can come up with things easy to.

Spawn of Satan
Toad wins

muffin man
How? don't forget Gambit is an excellent shot.
toad would be taken out be Cyclops no time.
also Gambit is as skilled in hand-to-hand as wolverine.

DarkCrawler
But Beast is better dodger.

Lol, Gambit is nothing compared to Wolverine.

muffin man
I've seen Gambit beat up logan in the animated series.

DarkCrawler
Yes, but this is comics.

muffin man
oh yeah and UK Comic animated series based ones

CountQuan
Gambiy

muffin man
see theres 3 now for Gambit

Fieldy69
it depends where they fighting if its in a close combat place beast wins if its out in open cyclops wins

pr1983
cyclops has martial arts training, without his staff gambit might not beat him, and gambit is nowhere near as good a shot as cyclops...

still think it comes down to cyclops and beast...

Cosmo Kramer
Beast or Gamit will win this fight. Although Cyclops might stand for a while but eventually hand to hand combat will take him out of the picture and if Toad was to act quick enough he could cause a lot of damage before anyone even realizes hes there. But one good solid blast from Cyclops will take Toad out of the picture and Gambit is not as skilled as Wolverine.

muffin man
cyclops does have an advantage he just has to look at his target

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.