ROTS: The Video Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoMeN
hey there!!

have a look at the new pics released at lucasarts.com!

anakin vs Mace!! big grin blue vs purple weeee!!!

http://www.swsaga.com/gaming.html#jan05-3

jnolan
thats awesome, good find NOmen

BAILY
Nice pics..... that duel should be pretty cool to see on the screen...

jnolan
check out the one of ani, fighting in the jedi library....just awesome, everythings all thrown askew and what not

guiro72
i've always liked the games that follow course of the films, even though a lot of "serious gamers" seem to hate them.....i think it's because i hate eu so much.....i should enjoy this one i think.....

Echuu
Agreed; a very nice find.

I'm really hoping that Lucas arts will make a second star wars battlefront with episode 3 content.

Ben-Kenobi
good find noman and echuu im workin on your sign ow so it'll be done later.

Sith Master X
Cool.

CinematicESP
Wow. That painting in the Jedi Archive is amazing. I really hope that's in the film! I also love the last picture on Utapau with the gunships and everything. Awesome. That Clone Assassin is really freakin badass too. In the picture on the far right, third one down, Obi-Wan and Anakin seem to be facing off against a new type of droid. The Super Battle Droid in the pic also looks different. I don't remember them having as much on their arms. Maybe I'm wrong. Here's to hoping all this stuff is in the movie!

Great set of pics!

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Mother! Mace is getting owned!!!!
http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/images/screenshots/16.jpg

bILLYgOAT
nice shot,
tho his skull is outta sinc with his head

ARC Trooper 117
Anakin using Force Lightning? confused
WTF?

bILLYgOAT
heads up
theres a trailer for the game

its rather nice
http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/

NoMeN
and pretty old wink

bILLYgOAT
ohh well...new 2 me wink

damn & blast...theres no PC version
only ps2 & x-box

DenKi
Everything in the Game Covers most things from the movie,so all fights we are seeing here happends in the movie eg...

Mace Vs Windu battle

TheFilmProphet
It would have looked absolutely amazing if it were being released on the PS3.

smoker4
Wow the hulk!

TheFilmProphet
Thanky big grin

smoker4
Cool

Three Owls
Would be nice if the game wasn't for the playstation 2; so they could actually try on the graphics.

TheFilmProphet
I love making sigs happy

Topic: I think the XBOX version will probably be best.

True,

Sith Master X
Hey that trailer was great.

bILLYgOAT
then chop chop,
I orderd a vader sig

thank you.

TheFilmProphet
I'll get right on it, but I have a personal matter to take care of first so gimme about 1-3 hours and the sig will be hot and ready for you.

TheFilmProphet
Ok I made it and posted in the sig request thread here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3123740#post3123740

Topic: I can't wait to see how Yoda and Vader will look in the new game.

Torik_Shai
I really hope the graphics improve. Also, I've heard it be compared to the game "Obi-Wan." It has the same gameplay and is made by the same people. Is that really a good thing?

TheFilmProphet
Kinda bad in my oppinion.

sith_darth_jay
who the hell is she???? confused

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/images/concept_art/2.jpg

ARC Trooper 117
"Serra". stick out tongue
Probably a Jedi Anakin has to kill.....evil face

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

bILLYgOAT
she a character in the RoTS ps2 game

CinematicESP
Do you think she's in the movie at all?

Xam
xbox version gonna rock rock

TheFilmProphet
Without a doubt, evil face
smokin'

Rubber_Ducketh
i havnt seen a episode 1,2,4,5,6 game out on xbox or ps2
when ep3 comes out they would be selling like hell

TheFilmProphet
I would have preffered that they just wait a little longer and then release ROTS on PS3 and XBOX2.

Sith Master X
Now that would indeed be a cool idea, only I think PS3 doesn't come out till 2006, XBox 2 comes out later this year I guess.

Star Wars will be awesome on the next generation of consoles.

bILLYgOAT
a PC version would have been nice, then the rez & detail could have been cranked right up.
BTW
thx to film prophet for the sig smile

smoker4
PC owns

TheFilmProphet
I would rather wait, believe me just imagine the ROTS on a game system that literally has twice the graphics that GC, PS2, & XBOX have.

No prob, your welcome. happy

Red Superfly
This game is looking really good.

TheFilmProphet
Nice sig, laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
Bam!!! shifty

http://tinypic.com/1hzed4

Sith Master X
I agree with you. Just too hard to wait. lol

lucasfilm
uhh.. right! well... it wil be on pc so.. dont worry man.. and anyway, PS2 is the best sytem out right now.. you dont need good graphics to be a good game! geez

Sith Master X
Yeah, it's the gameplay that counts the most. The graphics can help.

TheFilmProphet
I never said that, but since the game is being released within a year of XBOX2 and PS3 I just figured why not just wait a little longer and release the ROTS game on those new platforms instead. Plus its likely that on advanced systems like those the gameplay would also be much better.

btw, no comments on the pic I posted?

jjwil76
whoa, where is that pic of anakin in the tank from? is it really from the game or fan made? never know nowadays!

Sith Master X
Looks like it's from the game to me.

jnolan
whoa!!!that pic of ani in the tank amazing, even if its from the game and not the movie, im sure thatll be pretty close to the real scene

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, happy

Its the closest thing we will get to seeing the actual scene in the movie with Anakin in the tank unitl May, and the pic is also a pretty good spoiler.

Its from the game.

jnolan
i really thought he would be in worse shape than that tho'

TheFilmProphet
I'm assuming that when Anakin is first found he is in absolutely horrific shape, but he probably looks different in the tank because the healing and rebuilding has already begun.

Altar[1stONE]
i thought that was a fan made pic, ive seen it before and its not from the game.

TheFilmProphet
I doubt its fan made and its never been officially confirmed not being from the game. People have different views, oppinions, and comments on it.

Altar[1stONE]
http://fanart.theforce.net/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Prequels/Episode_3&image=mt-he_was_anakin.jpg&img=414&tt=

no its a fan made pic and its been around for over a year. sorry, good concept though.

jjwil76
aww---that's too bad. nice piece of fan art though. looks like it could've been from the game.

jnolan
definatley fooled me, the only thing that had me wondering was the medical droid, it's the exact same as the one we see in ESB while most of the other droids seem to have changed a bit over the years, Great job tho' to whoever that fan was, he fooled me

bILLYgOAT
PC huh?
were did you get that info?

check here to get your facts straight before lynching other people
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/

btw the PS2 cant hold a candle to a PC fitted with a
geoforce 6800 FX card
3.4 pent proc
1gb ddr ram

geeeeeeezzzzzz roll eyes (sarcastic)

Three Owls
uhh...actually, it's the worst system out right now...graphics and capability wise, which is what makes a system.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly,

Graphics wise,

1. XBOX
2. GC
3. PS2

The Ones
PS2 is much better than X-box. i owned both but i sold my x-box because its basicly shit

TheFilmProphet
I disagree, wink

The Ones
You dont know gaming then

TheFilmProphet
Other way around, wink

Three Owls
100% correct. I have all three and have never been impressed with the ps2. It loads, and saves games obsurdly slow...it's basically the Dreamcast but made several years later.

Besides, xbox=no memory cards. I have around 20 cds memorized on it, and have never once deleted a saved game on it and it still says I have the max amount of memory blocks.

xbox is king

Jedi-Knight 8k2
No way PS2 is second, and in gameplay better then Xbox but i own all three so now worrys on my part

mandalorian_war
ps2 suks xbox and gc all the way

Jeff-Man
gc has the best controler except for it has 1 less buttun

Three Owls
the gameplay depends on the individual game developer. And I've yet to see the ps2 even come close to the graphics in Rouge Leader or Super Mario Sunshine(both gamecube)...well, maybe in their cut-scenes...or in sony's dreams.

TheFilmProphet
yeah happy

Thanks so much Three Owls you saved me the typing and I completely agree with you.

SnakeEyes
i think we should focus on the topic, which is the game

TheFilmProphet
True since the point has already been made that PS2 ranks 3rd between the three systems.

I wonder if we will get to play as Yoda at some point in the ROTS game.

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
At the Yoda comment?

pr1983
ps2 ranks behind in capabilities...

but is up there with the best of em for games imo...

the episode 3 game looks good, maybe the best one yet (touch wood)...

ARC Trooper 117
yes
And at the fighting of which console is better?

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
At the Yoda comment?

Ok, cool

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue

Delfedd
wow... this thread has turned pointless.

Julie
I'll prob play it....who knows...life's getting complicated

SnakeEyes
Do you think it will follow the story line exactly??? And who will you get to play as?

Sith Master X
You get to play as Anakin, and I'm pretty sure that it follows the storyline for the most part.

DarkYoda
Anyone think there will be added storyline that we'll get to play? Maybe events before and after Revenge Of The Sith. That would be really awesome.

I can hear the rhythmic breathing now. big grin

ARC Trooper 117
Probably, DarkYoda. Something from LoE, perhaps. wink

SnakeEyes & SMX> You play as both Anakin and Obi-Wan, or you choose one at the beginning of the game - I don't specifically remember. wacko

Julie
I prob won't play this until after seeing the movie BTW when't it hit the xbox?

SnakeEyes
Who are you guys gonna choose to play as first, Obi-wan or Anakin?

DarkYoda
ARC Trooper 117 - What is LoE?

Edit: Nevermind..just realized how stupid that question was.

jnolan
definetly playing as anakin first, I think Obi will be a good secondary game, but it has to be boring in comparision to playing out Anakins Ep. III journey

ARC Trooper 117
So....do you want me to answer that or not? confused
wacko
Oh well. LoE = Labyrinth of Evil

DarkYoda
Yeah...I posted the question, then 10 seconds later it dawned on me, but I couldn't delete the post. In retrospect, I should have taken out the original question instead of typing "edit: nevermind." Oh well. I gotta learn to think a little more when I post. Sometimes I have too much stuff going on at the same time. wacko

ARC Trooper 117
laughing

SnakeEyes
I hope there are some vehicles u can use in the game...

ARC Trooper 117
You'll probably get to play as Anakin in some sort of space battle....

SnakeEyes
why do we have 2 threads for the same game

ARC Trooper 117
Hey!
I bet the "Clone Assassins" that we saw concept art for are special Clones created for the sole purpose of killing Jedi. wink

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Who are you guys gonna choose to play as first, Obi-wan or Anakin? Anakin Skywalker. The darkside tempts me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.