??NO commander cody now??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jnolan
This is pure speculation and please close if allready discussed but i could not find a thread on it so here goes! In the new insider, issue #80 there is a piece on Labyrinth of Evil in it the James Luceno (the author) describes what it was like trying to write the book that will end litterally minutes before the start of ep. 3. Obviously he needs alot of continuity with ROTS in order for it to make sense, a big problem he had was trying to write the novel with an ever evolving script. Now to the part dealing with Ep. 3, the main points he stated that were changed was that grevious emerged somewhat different than as orighanlly envisioned, there was less stuff on Palpatine and the senates struggle for power, and heres the kicker a scene between Obi-wan and a particular Clone Commander was cut completely. Now i know he probally deals with more than one commander, but the only thing that would have any significane that i can think of would be his and cody's friendship and eventual confrontation why would anything else be a big deal?? sorry for the longwinded post but i have trouble getting to the point sometimes. Any thoughts, comments, clarification to be offered on this?? Please tell me I'm wrong b/c i was really looking forward to seeing Obi and Cody? Thanks alot guys and gals!

guiro72
yeah, you might be on to something here.....unless lucas just decided he wanted cody off limits to the eu for some reason.....

jnolan
well i just started reading the book LOE, and Obi does speak with Cody for a bit in the first chapter, so it looks like the commander that Luceno was talking about Cody, I really hope Lucas didnt cut Cody out like the article leads you to belive, as i was looking forward to that scene. It would show more of Ob1's life of nothing but emotional pain and suffering

ARC Trooper 117
Meh, Cody being cut out wouldn't phase me at all.

guiro72
dunno, obi seems quite happy and comfortable to me.....enjoys a drink and a smoke.....likes to share the odd joke.....he seemed to be enjoying killing that stick insect a little too much even, remember wondering if he'd stepped away from the code a little there....worst thing that happened to him was being ordered on a 20 year sabbatical, to contemplate cloud formations and smoke his pipe in peace....it's a hard life....

jnolan
yeah its not a big thing at all, but it is a nice little scene to show obi's pain and a little of what went on during the clone wars, for the most part the gen. public wont know a thing about them

Red Superfly
Man, I want the Cody thing to stay in the movie. DON'T CUT IT!

It's a nice touch.

bilb
It is a nice touch, but it wont hurt the movie any if it gets cut, IMHO......

smoker4
I'd like it to stay in as it gives the clones some humanity!

Oh the humanity!

jnolan
yeah thats the big thing smoke, theres a part in LOE that they talk about how obi was one of the ppl that wanted to give the clones names instead of numbers so theyd be more humanlike

mtryder
I really like the part with Cody. If that gets removed for time constraints rather than another "C-3P0 and R2D2 embark on a comic misadventure" scene, I'm going to be livid

Jedi Priestess
JNOLAN!! I love your sig! yes

jnolan
thank you darling, film prophet made it for me, u know i dont have that kinda talent, i thought up the basic outline for it tho' hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.