JLA VS X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nightstick
I have no doubt this debate has happend before, but the chances of the roster being the exact same is nill. The battle takes place on some barren rocky planet. That looks like a gravel pit full of boulders. So

X-Men roster
Beast
Gambit
Jubilee
Angel
Wolverine
Nightcrawler

VS

JLA roster
Batman
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Hawk Man
Aquaman
Plastic Man

long pig
well, aquaman passes out after a few hours of being out of water.
plastic man? hmm i dunno wtf hes doin there.
so we have batman hawkman greenarrow and BC left.
GA takes out jubilee and gambit from atop a cliff as soon as they reach sight.
HM and Angel fight in the sky as they encounter each other while scouting out the others...GA takes out angel pretty easily as HM leads him to him.
upon seeing this NC bamfs himself and wolvie close to the group...wolvie takes out plastic man...sneaks up on the sniper GA, guts him.
NC teleports to HM and breaks his neck.
so we have beast, wolvie, and NC against bats & BC.
wolvie heads for bats as nightcrawler and beast teleport upon BC...down goes BC.
now.....NC sees bats and goes for the quick teleport/necksnap...bats doesnt go for it...a fast thinking bats ducks...and reverse hold on NC down goes NC....wolvie and beast are feet away and bats breaks out a sonic device...to distract the approching foes...not knowing wolvie's ears are very sensitive..he lets it loose...wolvie is unconcious...beast is dazed....a swift choke hold to the beasts neck and hes out...bats realizes wolvies coming to...and fast....he runs to him but wolvie is up...batarangs versus claws it seems! bats throws a b-rang perfectly ...it hits wolvies neck but wolvie, with the sight of all his friends dead in is a berserker rage...he closes in on bats...wolvie connects ...bats is dead...wolvie is healing.

if i can break a buncha mofos necks and kill batman ohhh shit ill do it

DarkCrawler
Aquaman is Class 60 and has telepathy.

Nightcrawler breaking Hawkman's neck? Lol, one hit from Hawknmans mace and Nightcrawler head if flying through the sky.

long pig
aquaman has class 60 strength??i thought he was strong but nothing like that...maybe its just under water? hmm..well doesnt he die without water?
HM wouldnt know NC was behind him ...thats what teleporting is for.

DarkCrawler
No, he can press 60 tons away from sea, and wouldn't die in few hours if he would be away from sea. And Hawkman could hear Nightcrawler.

Mainstream
I noticed you kept Superman out the JLA line up...that should inprove the mutatnts chances of victory quite a bit. with the except of Batman and Aquaman your JLA line up is really mostly B listers...in my humble opinion mind you...I gotta go with the Xmen on this on.

illadelph12
I gotta take the Xmen. People downplay their abilities when it comes to teamwork. They are rigorously trained to use their powers in conjunction for optimum results.

Beast is a genius and has super strength (even stronger if we are using his now cat like further mutation), Wolverine is the best assassin this side of Death, not to mention that with the fire power Gambit posesses combined with Nightcrawler's teleportation abilities, they could pull off some serious hit and run attacks and create a smoke cover at the same time and keep the JLA on the defensive. Also, Jubilee may be weak, but she could also use her powers in conjunction with Nightcrawler to blind and disorient the members of the JLA, leaving them open for adamantium claws to the stomach or throat and blue fur covered fist and feet to the chest.

Gambit could turn a bag of marbles into frag grenades and with the help of Nightcrawler could hit from just about every possible angle. Angel isn't much help really. If it's Angel in his Archangel form, perhaps, but in regular form he's basically Hawkman without a mase and not quite as strong either.

All this being said, if this fight takes place after Batman has a chance to learn of the Xmen's abilities, it gives his team a chance (or at least him). Aquaman is very strong, but the terrain used in this fight is away from a body of water, so his strength has limits. Plus, his telepathy is moreso with lower aquatic creatures, it's not like he could read Wolverine's mind or use psi blasts.

Mainstream
agree...most people don't believe the Xmen could beat the JLA..most people perhaps..just perhaps would be wrong. I believe that squad of Xmen could take down that squad of JLA members.

DarkCrawler
Ha! That is wrong. Aquaman can use his psi-powers to destroy his opponents. He did this to Martian Zum, an Superman level character.

Green Arrow could kill Gambit, Jubilee, Beast and Angel pretty quick.

juggernaut74
Green Arrow is almost Batmans equal without the money. He is the one who took out Deathstroke in IC #3. And Hawkman is no slouch either like most people think he is. This would be a tight fight. But with Batman and some backup how can the the JLA loose.

vaya_the_elf
I'd have to go with x-men. They seem to have more variety of powers, and more of them.

DarkCrawler
But JLA is better.

Aquaman could take the team alone.

Aquaman enters the battlefield:

"Kill him! Oh, wait...it's just Aquaman."

Aquaman gets angry for everyone understimating him and mauls the X-men with his superstrenght and telepathy.

spetznaz
This is an unfair match-up. You have an elite X-men team facing off against 2 A-level JLA members (Batman and Aquaman), 1 A/B level character (GreenArrow, who can be more lethal than Batman, or a greater joke than Plastic man- depending on who is writing), and 3 B level characters (Hawkman, Black Canary and Plastic man- why did you even add Plastic man - some dust off Superman's boots would have been of greater help).
Obviously in this scenario the X-men would win .....unless Batman was given serious prep time.
Aquaman is powerful. Class 60 super strength (which is nof often brought up because the JLA has several individuals -eg Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonderwoman, GL - who make Class 60 seem like a joke), telepathy (very strong in this regard, and not against fish like most people think. He can mind wipe several people at once. Again, this ability is not given emphasis because Martian Manhunter makes Xavier and Yoda seem like rank amateurs), speed (he is faster than a speeding car and has amazing reflexes - again overlooked due to the Flash and Superman being able to reach the cusp of light speed), limited invulnerability (why consider that when you have Martian Manhunter and Superman), etc. And in the future he is able to superheat the water in people's bodies.
But even then the X-men team is trained to take down people like him.
Green Arrow and Batman would be a lethal combination, but even they couldn't take down an entire X-men team. As good as they are they are only humans, and they are out numbered. With prep time things may be different, but not in a 'bump fight.'
This is a really one sided match-up.
It would be like sending Batman, Batgirl (Cassandra Cain), Nightwing, Deathstroke and Shiva Woosan against Black cat, Mary Jane, Bucky, Aunt May and Electra.
Electra and Black cat may have a chance (to ESCAPE), but the rest would only serve as fodder for the Bat team.
This match was one-sided.

DarkCrawler
No it's not, JLA has great chance winning this one. How would the X-Men take out Aquaman?

juggernaut74
If you read DC/Marvel All Access #3 Batman all by himself gives the X-men hell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.