Rouge vs. Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
sick Any expert ideas. I still would love to see Rouges inv. and flight and strength and resistance to telepathy returned to her. That plus her absorbing powers made her a force to be `reckonend with.

DarkCrawler
Rogue has absorbed She-Hulk...I cant see why she couldn't to the same to Hulk...

Mainstream
I gotta go with Rogue..her strenght isn't on the hulk level..but she could stagger the big green brute long enough to absorb some of his energy...maybe even absorb enough to return Hulk back into punny Banner!!!!

muffin man
rogue she would out manouver him and then would knock him silly
sugah

spetznaz
I don't know about Rogue even having a chance. One good punch from the Hulk and she achieves escape velocity, waking up from torpor somewhere above the moon's orbit!
Invincibility or not, flight or not, whether she is a telepath or not, adamantium claws or not, whether she is a super-strong/magnetism wielding/pretty-nigh-invulnerable/eye-beam-shooting/'add your power here' heroine (it seems Rogue has all forms of powers nowadays - and to think Marvellites used to criticize pre-Crisis Supes) she would still have a hard time against the Hulk.
She may cut him up (if she has her claws), or try to levitate him in a magnetic force-field, or use whatever power she decides to, but if the Hulk gets just one good punch it is bye bye for Rogue.
I am sure that writers could find a way for Rogue to win. But with good writing there is virtually no way that Rogue could beat the Hulk.
Even if she has absorbing powers.
By the time she absorbed sufficient strength from the Hulk to get above his levels he would have gotten his hams around her, and once that happened it would be bye-bye for our little rough princess.
I lvoe Rogue, but she needs to stick to the likes of Mr Sinister. The Hulk is ....well ....The Hulk!

vaya_the_elf
Guess what? I'm also going with Rougue. She could handle it

C1nd3r
When the hell did rogue get claws??

Draco69
A while ago when her powers got crazy. She started manifesting all the powers of the people she previously absorbed. Thanks to Sage, she could temporarily control them all, but she lost her powers after a mortal wound. She no longer has access to any of her previously absorbed powers. In fact she can only absorb people's powers now. No super-strength, no flight, just absorbtion.

muffin man
yes she could absorb hulk.

Draco69
She already absorbed She-Hulk. Theoritically, she can also absorb the Hulk. However, in her present non-invulnerable she has no chance of victory. She has to have her super-strength and nigh invulnerability to win.

muffin man
run tht bymeagain she is very vulnerable is that what you've just said

Draco69
Thanks to Chuck Austen, Rogue no longer has her super-strength, flight nor her invulnerability. She only has her absorption powers. She's entirely human at her present state. The Hulk would crush her. In order for Rogue to win, she would have to have her Ms. Marvel powers.

muffin man
yes thats not cool at all thats a Dumb Idea is this in the ULtimate X-men comics

Draco69
No. This the plain 'ol Uncanny X-Men.

muffin man
OK just the comics in the UK are behind you guys

Draco69
You should order online or something. Go to this site : http://www.uncannyxmen.net/

They have very recent issue summaries. They are very detailed and very up to date. You can catch up on the X-Men there.

muffin man
no cause then it will ruin all the suprises
unlike you guys (sarcasm like you couldn't guess)

Draco69
All right. Just keep it in mind in case you come a across a battle with new information that you don't know (i.e Iceman)

muffin man
yep

Alpha Centauri
Absorb Hulk?

Trauma, who is far more powerful than Rogue, tried this.

Anyone wanna guess what happened?

(He died)

-AC

Victor Von Doom
That doesn't follow, Hulk contains much more power.

I wondered who Rouge was when I clicked this thread. Rogue wouldn't beat Hulk, that's genuinely laughable.

muffin man
so he got poisoned by gamma radiation

Draco69
Maybe. But Rogue also instantly absorbed Thor's powers. It's debatable. Unless Rogue is somewhat vulnerable to the gamma radiation or something.

Victor Von Doom
I think that's a recurrent theme in absorbing Hulk's powers.

muffin man
and that is?

Draco69
She-Hulk also has gamma irradiated powers. Rogue wasn't affected. She turned green and added Jenn's strength to her own. Uncanny X-Men Annual #7

Also she knocked the Hulk with one touch in this comic :

Contest of Champions (2nd series) #5

muffin man
COOL!

Victor Von Doom
Yeah, I said it's a recurring theme with Hulk, not She-Hulk.

Those are hardly the most canonical of issues.

Wait a minute. This is Rogue v Hulk.

Hulk. Just Hulk.

muffin man
well one question how much weaker than the hulk is the she hulk.
in tonnes.

Victor Von Doom
Considering Hulk's strength has shown no limit, and She-Hulk is about the 75 tons range, I'd say...a lot of tons. Even more tonnes.

muffin man
thank you

who?-kid
Rogue has absorbed the powers of lots of people, including Wolverine, Thing, Thor, Colossus, Torch and so on... There's absolutely no reason to claim she can't do the same with Hulk - though Hulk might be too much for her...

Oops, this will upset the Hulk lovers. I know Hulk can beat her, but it's - again - not as one sided as some people like to think. Rogue can absorb Hulks power.

Alpha Centauri
"Oops, this will upset the Hulk lovers. I know Hulk can beat her, but it's - again - not as one sided as some people like to think. Rogue can absorb Hulks power."

I never said she couldn't, neither did anyone else.

Trauma is as said, way more powerful than Rogue. He tried, he perished.

Why is Rogue gonna be able to do it and survive? Why all of a sudden are people boning the X-Men?

-AC

who?-kid
Who is boning them ? Not me. It's just a fact Rogue can absorb his powers, but of course the Green Goliath won't just sit there. I know that. Hulk wins.

But he better be on his guard, when she touches him for a few seconds - not THAT impossible to do, she can always kiss him, most men fall for that one - he gets confused and his powers are hers.

Draco69
Uh hello. Has anyone forgotten that Rogue already knocked out the Hulk? :

Contest of Champions (2nd series) #5

She held on to his face for like two seconds and the Hulk came crashing down. Her power is instantenous.

Alpha Centauri
"Who is boning them ? Not me. It's just a fact Rogue can absorb his powers, but of course the Green Goliath won't just sit there. I know that. Hulk wins."

I know she can. I wasn't aiming that comment at you. All of a sudden there's this wave of X-Men threads against opponents they either can't or won't beat. Suddenly Rogue is credible to fight Hulk and Ice-Man/Jean/Nightcrawler/Colossus are credible opponents for the F4.

"But he better be on his guard, when she touches him for a few seconds - not THAT impossible to do, she can always kiss him, most men fall for that one - he gets confused and his powers are hers."

As Banner he falls for people, in terms of females. As Hulk, the only female he's ever shown attraction toward is Betty.

Even if she did absorb his powers and didn't kill herself, she would only draw as much as she could take. So at best it's gonna be like fighting a flying She-Hulk. Still no problem for Hulk.

-AC

Draco69

Napalm
She couldnt stand up to a being like hulk hes just to much for her

Draco69
One touch is all she requires. She already beat him. Contest of Champions (2nd series) #5

Napalm
But when absorbing man tried to take hulk he died

Alpha Centauri
As did Trauma.

"One touch is all she requires. She already beat him. Contest of Champions (2nd series) #5"

As stated, while the Contest of Champions is referable, hardly accurate.

One touch is all she needs? Ok so she touches him. Then what? Two things can happen:

A) She dies.

B) She becomes powered.

In the event of B, what happens? Punches Hulk around a bit.

Hulk will have compensated for the power he lost when she drained him almost immediately after she takes it.

Can She-Hulk beat Hulk? No. Rogue is essentially just gonna be a flying version of her. In which case, Rogue would need to win by beating Hulk up, since that's all she's got going for her. Which is never ever going to happen.

Don't see why this is even being discussed.

-AC

Draco69
"As stated, while the Contest of Champions is referable, hardly accurate."

The battles were fanvoted. The story itself is prewritten by Chris Claramont before the battle outcomes are determined. The winners were all transported to an alien stadium. Brood Queen (possessing Rogue's body) absorbed all the winners powers in order to take over the universe (how original). Rogue administered ONE touch to the Hulk. And he fell in two seconds flat. The battle happened whether anybody likes it or not.

"A) She dies."

If she can absorb uber-powerful adversaries like Thor, Juggernaut, Magneto, Mephisto, and Scarlet Witch without ill effect then the Hulk would not be a problem. The gamma radiation won't kill her since she already absorbed She-Hulk, who is also gamma-irradiated, without ill effect.

"B) She becomes powered.

In the event of B, what happens? Punches Hulk around a bit."

And for each punch she administers she grows stronger and stronger. When the Hulk hits Rogue back she still grows stronger since his bare fist is connecting with her bare skin.

The transfer is instantenous. Rogue is not a leech that suckles bits and pieces of power. She's a vampire draining every drop of power her opponent has.

Victor Von Doom
That comic was nonsense though. It's barely relevant to anything. It was quite literally a vehicle to resurrect an old unfinished story, if I remember rightly.

Draco69
The battles were nonsense. (Wolverine beating Hercules?! With bone claws no less?!) They were fanvoted on Marvel.com. The story was already written.

Victor Von Doom
Yes, so the outcome is fan determined, regardless of the pre-written story.

Draco69
Actually the outcome was NOT fan determined. Rogue didn't participate in any of the battles or the actual contest itself. Claramont intended for Rogue to be possessed by the Brood. There were two different battles : story important ones and the . The fans only voted for the background battles. The story important ones were determined by Claramont. That's why we had rational battle outcomes (i.e. Iron Man vs. Psylocke) and irrational battles (i.e. Black Widow vs Wonder Man). The battles ( in terms of who was facing who) were already predetermined. So the artist just drew two seperate occasions for the two contestants. The Hulk was facing very easy opponents: Deadpool, Mr Fantastic, etc. Chris Claramont intended him to go to the end for story purposes.

Victor Von Doom
That's right. So Rogue could drain his power. In fact it wasn't even Rogue, it was Rogue's power being used by someone else.

I don't think means to an ends, crossover plot devices are that relevant to what would actually happen in this fight.

Draco69
It WAS Rogue's power. Brood Queen disguised herself as an attractive male so that Rogue would touch her. She dominated Rogue's mind and used her body.

Chris Claramont is readily showing signs of dementia. He should really retire.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah it was Rogue's power. It wasn't Rogue though, that's why I don't think it's that relevant to the fight between Rogue and Hulk, especially when not written by that *writer*.

Draco69
*shrugs*

Beyonder
Rogue. I agree with Draco69's summarization of the fight; yet would like to add that every time she absorbs him she not only grows stronger, but Hulk grows weaker.

Eventually, she'll grow much stronger than him, while his strength remains at a constant level due to being drained of strength and increase of strength by his rage.

Alpha Centauri
His strength will only increase more.

He will have compensated by that time.

She can't drain enough from Hulk to actually make him weak, she'd kill herself.

-AC

Tron
Kill herself or flip out from all the power she's absorbing, along with all the rage from Hulk.

muffin man
hmm.. good point.
but rogue could do with the ms. marvel power. and she could absorb it slowily

Maelstrom
so really shed just be stealing a little bit of his extra strength. She'd get boosted up to, oh 140ton level in the fight but hulks 100 ton level should protect him till he compensates. I like when Rogues power is stream lined and she keeps her own body shape and size, not characteristics. I think she looks hot like that. When she fought Juggernaut, she couldn't absorb anymore, she hit her wall before he even noticed. And she didn't turn into a really big Howdy due de.
It'd be neat to see her fight the Hulk for the X-men. I think these guys might put her out of action permanently. If she faced someone like Colossus's strength she could get walloped and turn around and keep coming back. Juggs. and Hulk may not be so easy bunny

Alpha Centauri
For the sake of a forum, this thread is still going.

It shouldn't have been created. Come on. I mean, Hulk fan or Hulk hater....IT'S ROGUE VS HULK.

She is never ever going to win.

-AC

muffin man
if betty ross can calm the hulk I don't think theres anny reason why rogue couldn't

Alpha Centauri
Maybe because he loved/loves Betty, she was his wife, true love and one of the very few if not only person that understood him.

Who's Rogue to the Hulk? Nobody.

This isn't about who can sing a lullaby. It's Rogue Vs Hulk in a fight, in which Rogue would be dead. Drain or no drain. Stupid thread.

-AC

muffin man
oh yeah well she coud try flurting

sbo
Rogue would steal Hulk's power and he'd drop like a stone. Even if she didn't put him out completely with one touch, with her flight and speed advantage she'd K.O. him pretty quickly.

Mainstream
I agree sbo

Alpha Centauri
"Rogue would steal Hulk's power and he'd drop like a stone. Even if she didn't put him out completely with one touch, with her flight and speed advantage she'd K.O. him pretty quickly."

Actually laughable.

Do any of you actually know who Rogue is? Rogue is not gonna beat the Hulk.

The best she could do is drain his powers and become much stronger provided she doesn't die first. Even then, she is not gonna have the power or strength to do anything but land a few punches.

It's Rogue Vs Hulk, the very fact that this is on page 4 is rather astounding.

Jeez.

-AC

Mainstream
Rogue.

sbo
Let's see, how many times has Rogue tried to absorb someone and died as a result? Oh yeah... never.
So I don't see why absorbing the Hulk would kill her, especially since she has done it before and knocked him out with no problem.

Alpha Centauri
"Let's see, how many times has Rogue tried to absorb someone and died as a result? Oh yeah... never."

How many times, in a written and published (as in not fan voted) Marvel Universe story has she done it? Oh yeah...never.

People stronger than her, more durable than her, have tried. As stated. They died. Besides, ok look. So it doesn't kill her, then what? She cannot keep absorbing it, she doesn't have anywhere near imaginable capacity to do so. So she would hit a wall, that wall still is not gonna do anything against a man who takes warheads to the skull.

Rogue is dead meat.

I keep looking at the thread title, Rogue Vs Hulk. Never fails to make me laugh.

-AC

sbo
Actually she's done it at least once. As was stated earlier in this thread, Rogue's battle against Hulk wasn't voted on by the fans, the outcome of their fight was determined by the writer.

Alpha Centauri
"Actually she's done it at least once. As was stated earlier in this thread, Rogue's battle against Hulk wasn't voted on by the fans, the outcome of their fight was determined by the writer."

No, the story was written by the writer. The outcome was fan voted.

At least once? Aka Contest of Champions and that's it? When it wasn't even her?

Yeah. Think first, then post.

Rogue, before we continue this, is not, never was and never will be any kind of comparable or considerable match for the Hulk, in her wildest dreams.

-AC

sbo
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong.
Rogue was posessed by the Brood Queen and absorbed Hulk. And not all of the fights in that story were based on fan votes.

Think first, then post. Please take your own advice.

Alpha Centauri
"Don't you ever get tired of being wrong."

When I am wrong, you can be the first to call me such. Until then:

"Rogue was posessed by the Brood Queen and absorbed Hulk. And not all of the fights in that story were based on fan votes."

Rogue was possessed by the Brood Queen......exactly. Brood Queen was doing it, not Rogue. I've got the actual comic SBO, you are not fooling anyone. If you read back to Draco, Vic and I discussing it (all of which own the comic), you will see that in unison, we all acknowledged that it was a fan voted out come and that Rogue was not fighting the Hulk. The Brood Queen was. Also it's not the most credible and accurate of depictions, Contest of Champions, is it? No.

I do get tired of being right though.

-AC

sbo
I read all of the posts and the comic you're referring to and you're still wrong. Rogue wasn't in one of the battles that were voted on.

And Rogue's power was able to drain the hulk regardless if Rogue's body was being controlled by Rogue or by the brood Queen.

Wynndar
the title of this thread makes me laugh too...Rogue would not last a minute with the modern Hulk.

sbo
The title of the thread is funny. Who is Rouge anyway? ROGUE isn't that hard to spell.

Anyway I think Rogue could beat the HLUK .

manjaro
no man i think she could actually pull it off. in the xmen evolution cartoon she absorbed juggy and beat him and she did it in the original 90's one(tho that time she went totally ****ing insane) i know i know it doesnt count but at least i give her credit for being able to hold her own

Euripides
Rogue wins. She already absorbed him at the end of Contest of Champions.

Alpha Centauri
This whole thread is off the back of an inaccurate, ill conceived comic book.

"And Rogue's power was able to drain the hulk regardless if Rogue's body was being controlled by Rogue or by the brood Queen."

Like I said, let her drain him. Let her smack her bare hands right onto him if she wants to. She'll take power until she dies or hits a wall.

The key element is, Hulk has more than enough strength and energy to replace the energy she took by the time she's done taken it because she'll just be strongER, smack him around, he'll get pissed and then he'll be stronger than before the fight even started. She is absolutely no match for him. Not to mention that she'd have to deal with his MP disorder. Which psychics can't even handle, let alone Rogue.

Nothing she can do, including draining the Hulk to the point of her full capacity, will do it. Like I said, it'll be like a flying version of She-Hulk. Absolutely nothing Hulk cannot handle.

-AC

sbo
Whether you think it was ill conceived or not, Rogue dropped hulk like a bad habit.

Even assuming that she didn't drain him all at once, she could weaken him enough to pull out a victory. Her flight advantage would give her a chance to make more skin to skin contact and land some good punches with her augmented strength without getting hit herself .

On top of that, Rogue can take a lot of physical punishment. She was punched out of earth's atmosphere by Binary and immediately came back for more, and then get socked a second time, but she was never knocked out. Binary is up there with hulk in the strength department.
After weakening Hulk and increasing her own already formidable durability and strength, Rogue could take him down.

jinzin
Rogue COULD and i stress COULD beat the Hulk but it ain't likely,,,,, I think the best example of what the fight would be like can be found in a what if comic of all things. In the WHAT IF HULK KILLED WOLVERINE issue rogue goes on an all-out assault against hulk and he just smashes her for her troubles, despite the fact that it is a what if comic I believe it was a very good and accurate account of how the fight would probably pan out. She would have to absorb a lot of energy to beat the hulk but if she tries to take it from Hulk himself he might just grab her and throw her into the ground. Rogue's best chance is to fly somewhere else like the x-mansion or something absorb a bunch of powers really fast and fly back to hulk branishing a very large and varried new arsanel of pain. But if she doesn't do that and tries to take him 1 on 1 HULK SMASHES PUNY X-MAN!

sbo
In the What If story, Rogue severely weakened Hulk and he was definitely in trouble, and this was after his strength had already been increased due to rage. In the contest of champions story, Rogue drained him immediately, but Hulk was relatively calm at the time.

Even in the What If comic, Rogue might have won if she she had fought a bit smarter. She held on with that lip lock a little too long and it cost her big time.

I don't think the outcome of this fight is a foregone conclusion.
If Rogue wants to beat Hulk one on one it's definitely possible, and I think she has a good chance of doing it, but she'd be wise to do it quickly or else she'd probably end up getting her ass stomped into the pavement.

radioboy121
I think it's always possible that Rogue could absorb Hulk's power to render him weak and therefore defeatable, but it all depends on how much credit the writer wishes to give Rogue's power. If she doesn't have her Ms. Marvel powers, then she doesn't stand a chance (i.e. thunderclap).

Also, on the What if scenarios, if you look at the "What if Hulk had killed Wolverine," Rogue kissed Hulk to take his power, but while draining, he grabbed her and pummeled her and would have easily killed her had her teammates not interferred.

sbo
Yes, most characters powers are in a state of flux due to inconsistencies between writers, but in the two examples we're talking about here Rogue's powers are fairly (although probably accidentally) consistent.
Rogue could certainly drain a calm hulk more quickly than she could a fully enraged Hulk.

Alpha Centauri
"Even assuming that she didn't drain him all at once, she could weaken him enough to pull out a victory. Her flight advantage would give her a chance to make more skin to skin contact and land some good punches with her augmented strength without getting hit herself ."

Weaken him enough to pull out a victory? Two questions:

A) How powerful do you seriously think Rogue is?

B) Who exactly do you think she's fighting?

As soon as she's within distance, Hulk is going to tear her to pieces. She's not gonna win nor could she.

"On top of that, Rogue can take a lot of physical punishment. She was punched out of earth's atmosphere by Binary and immediately came back for more, and then get socked a second time, but she was never knocked out. Binary is up there with hulk in the strength department. "

Nobody is "up there" with Hulk in the strength department, not pure strength.

Secondly, Hulk has been out of the atmosphere and taken alot of damage also. The key factor is, Hulk can take more than Rogue can give and give more than Rogue can take. Simple as that. The Hulk has had a hole punched in him by a raygun designed to put a whole in planets, he claimed that it itched. Rogue cannot harm him, Hulk energy or not.

"After weakening Hulk and increasing her own already formidable durability and strength, Rogue could take him down."

She couldn't and wouldn't beat The Hulk. This has already been established. It's Rogue, a second or third rate X-Men member. She's not gonna be able to drain enough to weaken Hulk, he would more than easily compensate. Secondly, if Thing can't beat him (and yes he's stronger than Rogue and more durable) then Rogue cannot. She just does not have the power.

"In the contest of champions story, Rogue drained him immediately, but Hulk was relatively calm at the time."

Back to the fake Contest of Champions thing. The one where it was Brood Queen Vs Hulk? Not Rogue Vs Hulk?

"Even in the What If comic, Rogue might have won if she she had fought a bit smarter. She held on with that lip lock a little too long and it cost her big time."

Exactly. Now she's gonna have to drain ALOT from Hulk to even have a chance of getting power that's good enough to fight him with. In which time she would be dead because Hulk's power would overload her. She can't touch him for longer than about...I'd say 6 seconds. That's gonna be nowhere near long enough to do anything and Hulk would have grabbed her by then. This is such an unbelieveable mismatch.

"I don't think the outcome of this fight is a foregone conclusion.
If Rogue wants to beat Hulk one on one it's definitely possible, and I think she has a good chance of doing it, but she'd be wise to do it quickly or else she'd probably end up getting her ass stomped into the pavement"

Quickly, as if Hulk is some slug. Hulk is agile and fast, not to mention he has a better healing factor than most. Rogue can do absolutely NOTHING to the Hulk one on one or X-Men on one.

"If she doesn't have her Ms. Marvel powers, then she doesn't stand a chance (i.e. thunderclap)."

Exactly, she's using Ms. Marvel's powers and would still get whooped. With the powers she's born with, she'd be dead in one punch, but I'd say that's possible already if Hulk decides to mould her into the floor.

"Also, on the What if scenarios, if you look at the "What if Hulk had killed Wolverine," Rogue kissed Hulk to take his power, but while draining, he grabbed her and pummeled her and would have easily killed her had her teammates not interferred."

Exactly. The Rogue fan is assuming he's gonna be like Rogue's other drainees, writhe around going "Noooooooo! YAAAAA!". He's gonna go "What are you doing woman? *SPLAT!*".

-AC

Filipp
I dont think rogue has the power or the capacity to absorb more than a smigin of hulks power

Euripides
She absorbed Thor, Mephisto and Juggernaut.

radioboy121
Despite her previous absorbtion conquest, I always got the impression based on Hulk's psych that if Rogue absorbed him, she would crazy and manifest herself into a "Rogue Smash" personality. She was able to absorb She-Hulk and rather quickly, but her personality has not taken so many turns as her dear cousin.

illadelph12
lol

There have been some funny a$$ threads on here lately. This fight could go either way.

If Rogue takes the direct frontal assault approach, Hulk crushes her.

If she shows up topless in a thong and offers Hulk some of that good ol' X-Factor head, Rogue wins (and Hulk dies a happy man).

Never underestimate the power of a determined woman. lol

They have their ways.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

Finally some humour.

Besides the actual creation of this thread.

-AC

sbo
There are characters that are in the same strength class as Hulk and Binary is one of them.
Thor is as well, he's also a god and Rogue drained his power as easily as she did Hulk's.

I never said hulk was a slug, but even a hulk fan should concede the fact that Rogue is much faster. She could evade many of his blows and she's tough enough to take some punches if he lands them.
She could certainly hold her own long enough to steal his power and pull out a win.

radioboy121
I'm sure she can essentially achieve a win by absorbing his powers and then defeating him, but I'm worried about how she can handle his psyche in her also. There is a difference between a unintelligible version of Hulk and that of Thor.

Alpha Centauri
"I never said hulk was a slug, but even a hulk fan should concede the fact that Rogue is much faster. She could evade many of his blows and she's tough enough to take some punches if he lands them.
She could certainly hold her own long enough to steal his power and pull out a win."

She is faster. Tough enough to take the blows? One strong punch from Hulk and she is wallpaper paste.

She could not hold her own long enough to win. She grabs him, he grabs her, she gets torn apart. She tries to fight, she gets beat to death.

She cannot win. She's a NOBODY.

-AC

who?-kid
I wouldn't call her a nobody. When fighting ten times, she might be able to win once. Not more. Hulk wins nine times (if not more), but again, Rogue is not a nobody.

Ever read the comic where she absorbed Things powers ? I didn't think that was bad writing. She flew very fast to Thing, lifted him up and before Thing realized what was happening, she kissed him, and what 'd you know : a few seconds later the surprised Thing - not exactly a rookie - was already losing his powers...

Hulk still wins. But Rogue is no pushover. And she certainly can take some hits from Hulk.

DarkCrawler
Isn't Thing's hide made from other materials then normal skin? I thought that Rogue couldn't absorb him, in a way like she can't absorb Colossus?

Alpha Centauri
I think Hulk easily, very easily, takes 10 out of 10 against Rogue. With no sweat. I don't think Rogue would make it to 10.

Compared to Hulk she's a nobody with nobody powers.

People say she could drain him like it's simple. She couldn't handle the power, the personalities or drain enough to have an effect.

Why is this still being discussed?

-AC

who?-kid
Oh, she has no problems in absorbing Colossus powers, I remember her doing it on more than one occasion. Same for Thing.

who?-kid
The personality-thing : I agree, she probably would have trouble with that.

But the powers of the Hulk won't be a problem, she's used to absorbing enormous powers, sometimes she absorbs different people at the same time. She even absorbed Magus (father of Warlock) and it didn't bother her one bit. And if she can even absorb Thors power - who is a god ! - she can also do the same to Hulk.

Alpha Centauri
"But the powers of the Hulk won't be a problem, she's used to absorbing enormous powers, sometimes she absorbs different people at the same time. She even absorbed Magus (father of Warlock) and it didn't bother her one bit. And if she can even absorb Thors power - who is a god ! - she can also do the same to Hulk."

Absorbing enormous powers and absorbing Hulk pure unfiltered power are two very different things. He retains intelligence now so he could actually WAIT for her to attached then just pump up and explode her.

Even so, she will reach capacity. Even at capacity she can't beat Hulk.

I'm not arguing with you, we agree on this fight.

Just stating.

-AC

sbo
Rogue can take his punches. In the what if comic she took numerous punches from him and kept fighting. She's taken punches from juggernaut. One punch from hulk is NOT going to beat her.

Saying that Rogue's a nobody is not the way to make a valid argument. If you don't like the character that's totally up to you, but that doesn't mean that she can't take the Hulk down. The fact that this thread is still going means that this fight isn't as one sided as you think.

Draco69
I agree. Rogue once absorbed Thor, Mephisto and even some of Juggernaut. There's no proof that Rogue has a limit to her power. Rogue once exhibited ALL the powers she once absorbed. Iceman's ice powers, Magneto's magnetism, The Thing's strength. She didn't "explode". Also with previously absorbing the Hulk, Rogue would have died. She transformed into the Hulk do heal from being stabbed through the heart.

Rogue, despite her southern accent, isn't stupid. She knows how powerful the Hulk is. She won't go in fists blaring and foolishly try to pummel him. Hulk is very stupid (non-Dr. Hulk version) and very innocent. If Rogue catches him offguard she has a very good chance. Also when she absorbs a person she already absorbed the transfer is faster and much more efficent. She absorbed the Hulk (crap writing or not) before. She has all his memories. She would know what buttons to push to get him into a calm state.

Alpha Centauri
"Saying that Rogue's a nobody is not the way to make a valid argument. If you don't like the character that's totally up to you, but that doesn't mean that she can't take the Hulk down. "

I agree.

The fact that she is nowhere near good enough is what says she can't take Hulk down.

"Hulk is very stupid (non-Dr. Hulk version) and very innocent. If Rogue catches him offguard she has a very good chance. Also when she absorbs a person she already absorbed the transfer is faster and much more efficent. She absorbed the Hulk (crap writing or not) before. She has all his memories. She would know what buttons to push to get him into a calm state."

Read any recent Hulk's? He retains intelligence now with his regular Hulk transformations.

Rogue can try and get him in a calm state all she wants. The point is, she cannot out fight the Hulk, we've established that. She cannot physically hurt him without at the very least, absorbing a share of his power.

Now, if the attempt doesn't kill her, if Hulk doesn't purposefully overload her, the multiple personality disorder won't allow her to focus. So Hulk will kill her.

This is actually diabolically one sided. It all comes down to draining, which Rogue won't be able to handle for MANY reasons.

-AC

Draco69

Alpha Centauri
"I don't read Hulk. He changes so much its hard to keep up with him."

Then don't say he "can't" do things which he is infact capable of.

"She doesn't absorb a "share" of his powers. She absorbs ALL his powers. She absorbed Thor ( an Asgardian God with vast powers) with one touch. She absorbed Mephisto (Satan) with one touch. She absorbed the Juggernaut to an extent (the magic made it wonky) You have no supposition that says that Rogue cannot drain his powers instantly. My evidence proves that she can. "

She cannot absorb all of his power because there is no limit to his power, she has nowhere near the capacity to handle it. That's a fact. She cannot absorb his power. Your evidence is Contest of Champions, completely referable but totally inaccurate.

"The attempt won't kill her. She's absorbed far more powerful foes before. She's never been "overloaded" except for the Silver Surfer. The multiple personality disorder has been healed since the 80's. Her psyche is under control."

The MP disorder is still there, read Hulk comics and learn more about him before you comment on what he does and doesn't have. She hasn't "absorbed" more powerful foes than The Hulk before. Are you still refering to Contest of Champions? She is never gonna do it, yet you try to make it seem as though it's easy. You're clinging to your ONE point, that comic (in which it was fan voted and wasn't even Rogue).

"It's not one-sided. It's actually quite even. You haven't state the "many" reasons at all besides "he's very powerful and oh so strong""

Is this gonna be another thread where I post the points time and time again and you just refuse to read them like in the F4/X-Men thread?

You are claiming that things about The Hulk do not exist when you admittedly don't read his comics. You are unqualified to speak on him up to this point. Rogue is not gonna have a chance against Hulk, Contest of Champions was the only time. Any other time and she would be killed.

It's actually not debateable much less an even debate. Or even a debate for that matter.

If She-Hulk can't come close to beating Rogue (and she is actually stronger), how could Rogue? Draining? You think Hulk will stand there and let her do it? Even so, draining (in a non-fan voted area) is nothing to Hulk.

You already gave up a couple of pages back when you tried proving Contest of Champions was worthy, now you try it again. Pointless.

-AC

Mainstream
he's smart Banner Hulk again? I gotta start back reading Hulk!

Alpha Centauri
No he's not "Banner Hulk", he just retains intelligence.

He's still as strong. It's been that way for a long time now.

-AC

sbo

Mainstream
Rogue is more than able to take down the hulk.

DarkCrawler
Like I said in the beginning, if Rogue can absorb She-Hulk, Juggernaut, Magus, Loki, Magneto and Thing, she can absorb Hulk too.

Mainstream
she can beat'em..I get it.

Alpha Centauri
"So far she's absorbed plenty of powerful characters before without being killed, and even if Contest of champions was the only time she drained Hulk, that shows it can be done."

No it shows the fans think it can be done. It wasn't even her.

Know that, before you continue.

-AC

sbo
It was Rogue's power that drained Hulk not the brood Queen's. Fans did vote on some fights in the series, but that wasn't one of the vs. battles, it was part of the storyline.

And even if it was the fans who decided it, that would mean that there were more people thought she could absorb his power than thought she couldn't. Why would all of their opinions be less valid than yours.

Mainstream
indeed do tell.

Victor Von Doom
It's a lame comic either way. It was a storyline vehicle.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

It's sole purpose was to put an end to a storyline, the fights are of no consequence.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
I think Rouge wins this one. If she can absorb Hulk's energy absorbing power (a biological power he was born with, so logically she could absorb this,) and his strength increasing power, Hulk's going to revert to Banner.

Fieldy69
when rogue absorbed absorbed juggernauts power she went crazy for a while and hulk is as powerful if not more powerful than juggernaut so if she tried to drain his power she would go crazy for a while too givin hulk time to smack her around

Alpha Centauri
"I think Rouge wins this one. If she can absorb Hulk's energy absorbing power (a biological power he was born with, so logically she could absorb this,) and his strength increasing power, Hulk's going to revert to Banner."

Ok this energy absorption thing is getting stupid now. Let's break it down:

If Rogue actually makes contact and starts absorbing power, she is going to hit a wall sooner or later. HER maximum capacity, even if filled up, is not enough of a power loss for Hulk to revert to Banner, it takes ALOT to do that, and Rogue does not have that capacity.

Rogue, regardless of what her hypeman wants to think, cannot deal with the multiple Hulk personalities, Jean Grey couldn't and nor could Xavier. They are two of the strongest psychics too. To think Rogue can handle the multiple personalities of Devil, Guilt, Post HR, Savage, Professor, Banner-Controlled Hulk, Savage Banner and Grey Hulk, is absolutely stupid. It's not happening.

Most obvious one is, why are you all assuming that it's going to be as easy, in a comic written by credible writers, with no ulterior motive, such as ending a storyline a la Contest of Champions, that it's gonna be as easy as "Excuse me Hulk, I'm just gonna pop my hands onto you for a second and hold on until I drain you."?

Hulk will tear her off before she manages to. In the event she succeeds, as said above, she has a max strength. It's gonna be nothing more than Hulk Vs Flying She-Hulk.

Rogue is better off, although she would still lose, without absorbing the power because then she has clear mind. If she absorbs the power, not only does the put to bed her absorption trump card, but it takes her mind off the battle and onto the 8 extremely combustible and uncontrollable personalities in her head.

Rogue does not win. She cannot win. It's not a matter of opinion, taste or preference. Rogue cannot beat The Hulk.

-AC

sbo
Your argument makes no sense. You could say the same thing about any fight ever written in a comic book. Fights and other violent confrontations are almost always the way story lines are ended in comics and most fights don't have any consequences. Even when characters fight to the death, you know they'll show up again.

Rogue has drained numerous powerful characters and kept their powers under control. She's drained several characters at the same time and hasn't gone insane. She drained Hulk and knocked him out, whether the story line was lame or not doesn't really matter. If you were to discount every fight that ever took place in a lame comic you'd have to throw out A LOT of fights.

Alpha Centauri
"Your argument makes no sense. You could say the same thing about any fight ever written in a comic book."

Have you read Contest of Champions? Do you know why or how it was ever created how it was? Ended how it was? It was nothing more than a storyline vehicle, was not canon.

"Rogue has drained numerous powerful characters and kept their powers under control. She's drained several characters at the same time and hasn't gone insane."

Has she drained 8 Hulk personalities of completely different vastness? No. Has anyone? No. Can even the most powerful psychics in the world do that? No. So why could Rogue? She couldn't.

"She drained Hulk and knocked him out, whether the story line was lame or not doesn't really matter. If you were to discount every fight that ever took place in a lame comic you'd have to throw out A LOT of fights."

It's not about the ACTUAL storyline. You are either missing the point of you've not read the comic. It's about how the writer chose to END the storyline. It was a cop out done on a whim. Nothing more, nothing less. You are entitled to refer to something ridiculously non canon, if that's what you need to boost your arguement. In canon, she has done nothing of the sort, nor could she.

-AC

sbo
I've read the comic and I understand your point. Your point is just not a good one. When is anything ever canon in comics, most things aren't. Everyone knows things change from one writer to another, and even with the same writers things aren't always consistent.

And even if you don't like the reference I've made, at least I have a reference from continuity to go by which supports my argument, whereas you have nothing.

Victor Von Doom
Yes, yes it does.

You could say that, but you'd be wrong.

This particular comic was pre-planned in the author's mind, using a multitude of characters. The battles were simple a means to an end to achieve that. Simple really.

sbo
So you're saying that most comics are written without any planning by the author ????? Your argument makes even less sense than the one you're defending.

The ending of that story did not depend upon whether hulk was absorbed or not, it could have easily been written another way if the writer so chose.

Victor Von Doom
No, you're trying to retrieve a point that isn't there. THAT argument makes no sense, neither does the fact that you are completely missing the point.

Where have I said that? Quick answer, I haven't.

Long answer, I haven't, yet what I did say, was that in that particular story, all the writer was concerned about was resusciting an old unfinished storyline of his, that no one cared about, with two characters that people cared even less about. The actual content was an aftethought.

Let's see Rogue v Hulk in a comic written FOR THAT PURPOSE.

In fact let's not, because Rogue is a second- rate X-Man, and the fact that this thread even exists is pathetic.

sbo
You're the one who's completely missing the point here. EVERY comic is planned out in advance, even ones where fans vote on certain aspects of it.

You don't know what the writer was thinking, you don't know if anything was an afterthought or not, I'm pretty sure you're not a mind reader, especially since you don't seem to understand what I'm saying even when I spell it out for you.

I'd love to see a Rogue vs Hulk comic. I think a very credible story could be written where either character was the victor. Just because you're in love with the hulk doesn't mean the character's unbeatable, and that any time he loses to a character you don't like the story is crap.
I like Rogue, but I don't mind seeing her get her ass kicked, a hero that wins every fight they get into would be pretty boring.

Victor Von Doom
'You don't know what the writer was thinking, you don't know if anything was an afterthought or not, I'm pretty sure you're not a mind reader'

Oh, I see what the problem is now. You're arguing on the basis of what you think. I'm talking about what I know.

The writer quite clearly states why the story went as it did, and that any happenings were incidental to that SPECIFIC ending.

Shall we ask him? Oh, no need, he already said. In the comic. Where? In his explanation of the story, at the end.

Yes. He said it. Him. The author.

It's a discredited 'fight', it's not relevant to the thread.

sbo
I see absolutely nothing in the book that supports what you claim to "know". Where are you getting these facts of yours?

The fight is as relevant as any other.

Alpha Centauri
He actually says it in the comic SBO.

If you own or have read the comic, you would know this.

It's not up for debate because it's actually in the damn comic.

-AC

sbo
Tell me where if you can.

IF you have evidence you should be able to tell me where to find it.

Alpha Centauri
At the end where he explains that regardless of who the fight involved, he already determined Rogue for the win purely because he had an old Shadowcat/Rogue storyline that he wanted to run off the back of it.

Do you actually own the comic? Because I don't know how greater to explain it than that. I'm sitting here reading it.

-AC

sbo
I'm looking at it too and I see NOTHING like that in there.

Rogue draining Hulk was not necessary to make the story end as it did, so it's not like the writer had no choice in the matter.

Your argument is flawed.

Victor Von Doom
No one is saying it was necessary.

'The writer quite clearly states why the story went as it did, and that any happenings were incidental to that SPECIFIC ending.'

Who said that? Me, about four posts back, you appear to have conveniently altered it in a vain attempt to drag this out.

sbo
You're trying to make it sound as though what happened wouldn't have happened if the writer didn't have a certain ending in mind, but you have no evidence of that whatsoever.

You keep bringing up points that are entirely moot in an attempt to make it sound as though you have a valid argument.

Victor Von Doom
Stop being stupid. How can the point be 'moot', when this thread is concerned with who would win this particular fight? Chris Claremont wasn't concerned with that, so why is it relevant here?...time's up. The answer was, it's not.

The whole comic was ridiculous. Chris Claremont is a lame writer, and the whole exercise was simply to massage his own weird fantasy about the featured characters and his own ego. Do you think he sat and debated about that contest? I thought that particular comic was a piece of trash, which was compounded by his own reasoning behind screwing my expectations of an actual 'Contest of Champions' in favour of 'Finishing Of Old Storylines That No-One Cares About'.

Let's just leave it at my own opinion vs the opinion of you and Chris Claremont, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Continue to use this comic as the basis of why a second rater from the X-Men could beat The Incredible Hulk.

sbo
So in a final act of desparation you resort to name calling. Typical behavior of people who see that they've lost an argument and have nothing intelligent left to say.

And if you'd read my previous posts you'd see that this comic wasn't the only thing that I based my opinion on.

Alpha Centauri
Just out of curiousity, when did "stupid" become name calling? You are acting rather foolish in all this SBO, denying factual comic info, printed comic info, for no other reason than to try and boost an already floundering argument.

There is nothing to base this fight on other than opinion because the two have never fought properly. If they did Hulk would quite easily win.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
laughing

Yeah, all the 'name calling' in my post. Terrible wasn't it.

Incidentally, final acts of desperation are generally resorting to taking the debate away from the point at hand.

sbo
The name calling wasn't terrible just juvenile. And it took the debate away from the point at hand.

IRTMU-Dragon
Great, more of this argueing with off-topic...

- -

Victor Von Doom
The point at hand from my perspective was that it was a stupid point.

No name calling involved.

Anyway: the match. The purpose of this discussion, and so on.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah we all know who kicked it off don't we?

Either way. Let's get back on topic.

Sbo, seeing as you believe you have other stuff to base your "Rogue would beat The Hulk" theories on, care to share them?

-AC

IRTMU-Dragon
couldnt rogue just, like, hug hulk?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah she could.

This is a VS Thread though, not dateline.

-AC

x_danny_x
I believe Rouge can do something to him. It is not like Juggernaut where if she tried to absorb his powers she goes crazy and nuts and gasses bwahahahaa

I havent read all the pages of this thread so dont kill me!!!

sbo
to AC

Try reading the previous posts made by myself and others that refer to different people she's absorbed.

I'm sure you can actually find them in a comic if you look, unlike the nonexistent "evidence" you made up.

IRTMU-Dragon
OK, well, then Rogue would just touch him

Jesus christ alpha, look for every thing in my posts to put at your advantage.

Does it matter what she does to defeat him?

Alpha Centauri
I have read those. The comics and the opinions.

She isn't fighting man sized Thor is she? She's fighting Hulk.

I think that slipped your mind.

Non existant evidence? Which? The comic explanation that's actually real being denied by you or the fact that Rogue has a max limit to how much she can absorb? Coz those are both facts that count against Rogue.

-AC

IRTMU-Dragon
You have weird sigs, alpha...

sbo
Okay who's off topic now.

IRTMU-Dragon
He does!

Besides he didnt even respond to my post.

sbo
I'm not saying rogue doesn't have a limit. But I don't think Hulk is beyond her capabilities. Thor, Thing, juggernaut, and Hulk are all stronger than she is and she's absorbed their power without flipping out.

laydiiplayette
and she looked good doing it.

x_danny_x
didnt realize you are a big Hulk fanboy!!!

wink

IRTMU-Dragon
Most of the people in the Marvel universe, Hulk can handle pretty well, and most he can even win against...

But we need to accept and respect the fact that Hulk is not perfect and there are some characters than can not only beat him, but alot of others as well.

Ghost-riders Hellfire/penance stare, for example, is a finishing move that can pretty much take care of anyone and everyone.
Rogues ability to absorb and disease people.

Stuff like that, Alpha, If you could just understand that there ARE characters better than The Hulk, and not because of Strength, I think you could debate much better in heats with The Hulk, because most of them you are one sided, and no matter what is said you dont back down, EVER.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>