The Best Game Ever!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aku
Out of these titles. Taken from the best rated game on each genre.

Lord_Andres
Where the hell is the original Doom? mad it had more inpact on the gaming industry then ANY of the games listed!

Draco69
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time.

Morridini
Out of those I have to say GoldenEye.
But these polls never truly works as we can only have 10 options, and there's a hell of a lot more games out there worthy of being in such a poll.

Rhino
gta san andreas is the best game

Solo
Goldeneye was so.............awesome.

DarkAge
Indeed it was. And my vote puts it over the edge as the winner.

Solo
My vote even makes it win.....err......harder.

Rhino
didnt anyone like the NEW golden eye?

ArthasKnight
Where's Ocarina of Time? Best game in my book.

Draco69
Yes! Someone else agrees with me. Ocarina of Time is the best game ever!

cookie808
dude didnt includ KH
sad

Draco69
KH? Do you mean Kingdom Hearts?

Red Superfly
The best game is Snakes and Ladders, fool.

Old School 4 life!

Jason420
WHERE THE HELL IS OCARINA OF TIME? ARE YOU STUPID! GOD SUCH A FLIPPIN IDIOT!

Red Superfly
^^^^ Agreed

Had it not been for the true genius that is Snakes and Ladders, Ocarina Of Time would have gotten my vote.....

Draco69
That has to be the funniest signature I have ever seen! Kudos!

Red Superfly
Wow this signature is getting attention from everybody. It's staying!

Smasandian
Yah, Zelda or Half-Life.

Lord Andreas. Doom was big and important, but so was Mario or Half Life.
But what the hell, Devil May Cry? Tekken Tag? Halo 2? GTAmessedA?
Maybe the gta 3, but other than that, there some notable games missing from this list.

Myth
Goldeneye. I hate 1st person shooters but even I loved that one. Even girls liked that one.

ScarFace Clone
i voted for mgs- but i have to agree i loved zelda Ocarina of time i couldnt put the game down i just wanted to see what was next. that game should be on the list

Aku
(a) Already got 2 first person shooters
(b) Doom is crap
(c) Zelda is crap

Draco69
And yet nearly everybody here strongly disagrees with you. Go figure.

Bierbommetje
Out of that list, Goldeneye for me

Ahhh, fond memories...

But imo the best single player game is Ocarina of Time

Best multiplayer is BF1942

Lord_Andres
Doom is the best game ever, without Doom there woulind be any CS or Unreal, or Half life, its by far the best 3D Shooter game ever greated, you list goldeneye, what the hell did golden eye do to the 3d shooter franchie???? NOTHING, it has crappy singel player, and even worse multiplayer, Doom has super singel player, and a damn good multiplare, in fact doom invented the comon Multiplayer deathmatch, so without it you can just forget about all those lame multiplayer games that come and go

Red Superfly
What are you smoking? And can I have some?

Goldeneye was critically acclaimed by everyone (except you, of course) for having a great single-player campaign and possibly THE BEST multiplayer game of all time.

Games are still trying to better Goldeneye and failing. Only the likes of Halo, Quake and Counterstrike have caused as much a stir in the world of FPS multiplayer gaming. For a console game, that's really something.

Don't make your judgements out of ignorance.

You're not thinking of EA's fake Goldeneye that recently came out? If so, then - OMG.

Goldeneye > j00. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Machete_Guy
Half Life 2 - "The Best Game Ever Made"- PC Gamer
End of story.

Lord_Andres
Goldeneye gets boring after a very short while, Unreal, CS, HL, Quake III, Delta Force, all better multi and singel player then goldeneye

hotsauce6548
I refuse to vote because I'm personally insulted that it's not in here...

Smasandian
Well, my dear Lord, for console multi, Goldeneye was the blast. Who cannot forget playing proximity mines with one shot kill in the complex. Or, pistol with one shot kill in the facility. Or auto's with that godamn RCP-900 in the stack.
Goldeneye does bring back memories.

Lord_Andres
Nah Hexen was far superior in mutliplayer IMO

ArthasKnight
Alright, that has to be blasphemy or something. Are you even allowed to say that? Ugh, I've never heard such vile words!

Smasandian
Also, Doom didnt create the first person shooter genre, it was Castle Wolfenstien. So, there's one arguement downt the drain. All Doom did was perfect the formula that CW had.
Doom was good, but now that i think about it, all it was too me was just blood and gore, nothing else. It's just walking down halls shooting cool looking monsters and getting keys.
It was fun and was pretty influential but I feel Half Life was more influential for FPS. Even Doom 3 influences are from Half-Life. For FPS, its Half-Life, but as best game, well thats hard to figure out. I feel its out of Half-LIfe, SMB3, Zelda OoT.

Atomic Rico
Why isnt South Park rally on the list?

Smasandian
Because it sucked. Or are you joking?

Machete_Guy
No i really think he was being serious.

Aku
OK OK OK I take it back, but I could only fit around 2 games of a certain genre, and I could by all rights had all nintendo games but its not about that.

IF YOU VOTE FOR ZELDA TYPE "123" AT THE END OF YOUR NEXT MESSAGE!!!

Aku
Im surprised no one has voted for Halo 2 yet.

Lord_Andres
laughing out loud Smasandian you know shit, you know that?, Doom3 influences are from Half-Life, you know Half Life basicly is a waterd down doom, the story is THE SAME, Half Life 1 is a HUGE rip of of Doom, if you didint see that after 15mins of playing your pretty blind when it comes to this matter, also Doom created Multiplayer as we know it, I never said it created the 3D shoter genre, NEVER! so you can take that back, but doom marked the 3D shooter on the map, thats for damn sure

Euripides
The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time

Greatest Game EVER!

Smasandian
I'm not doubting that Doom didnt put FPS on the map for the general public, but it was a just a gorefest.
" without Doom there woulind be any CS or Unreal, or Half life". There, you said Doom created the genre.
Yes, Half-Life story is generally like Doom's, BUT, the big difference is on how the presented the story which is alot different than Doom. Doom didnt have a story, not at all. There is not characters to interact with, there is no dialougue between characters, there is nothing that promotes a story. Nothing. All Doom was, is a great shooter. There's no story at all. Half-Life actuallty told the story, Doom story was just an excuse to killing monster that made alot of blood.
The first 15mins in Half-Life are not like Doom at all. It has dialouge, NPC's know you by name, there is no maps or statistics, there's actually a plot (barely), the level design actually feels like a real place. They are so many differences between both.
So how is Half-Life a watered down Doom, and a huge rip off of Doom?
Aside from the story.

SaTsuJiN
Mario 64 isnt on there?.. Im not voting lol

WindDancer
I'm not voting either. No KOTOR I in the poll.

Elektra_lover
Where is Kingdom Hearts?

Lord_Andres
Its just is, you know, there is an experiment going on, its fails, the base breaks down in may parts, very few survivors, you are the only one that can really stand up for your self, anyway this expariment has crashed down, and there are things coming out of it, and you fight these things, and you beat them pretty good, anyway you then go to the place where these things came from, you beat the shit our of them, and kills theie leader, and then you go back to home, thats a rip of if you ask me

SaTsuJiN
I thought wolfenstein created the genre?

Smasandian
Doom had that?

I thought Doom was just a portal through hell opens up, turns everybody into zombies and then sends demons through. Isnt that it?

True, thats the story about Half-Life, which is similiar but the gameplay, the narration and characters are completly different.

A rip is True Crimes of LA, ripping off GTA.

Lord_Andres
First of, the reson I said there woulind be any UT and CS without Doom is because Doom created the multiplayer we know of, also its basicly comon sence that Half Life is rip of, you cant say it aint, and the zombie thing, well those guys with those things on their heads, are kinda zombies, and doom is a bout the UAC experimenting with the portals, but it gose wrong, bad guys come troguh, I dont care what you, but Half Life is so Doom, there might be characters, but that dosent chacnge the thing that most of the stuff is riped of, of Doom

manny321
goldeneye all the way. That is the game for n64 as gta for ps2 and halo for x-box!!!!

ScarFace Clone
True

Draco69
The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time was better in my opinion.

PTim
Where is JAMES POND II?!

Aku
Ok firstly everyone, it only gives you 10 spaces.

Secondly, the first FPS game was actually called Blake Stone but it wasnt very popular. Then wolvenstein came out and owned all FPS's until doom came out.

Ozzy
there are 2 brilliant series you forgot Metroid, Zelda, Crash bandicoot and spyro I spent ages on crash and spyro when i was younger and zelda and metroid are brilliant games I play them most of the time when I'm playing my on gamecube.

Red Superfly
OMG Lord Andres could you PLEASE stop being the fanboy. Doom was great, sure, but it's so obvious you are biased and incredibly ignorant of other peoples views and historical facts. You think Doom was the greatest game of all time? Fine, but don't have a go at others for stating theirs. This isn't Nazi Germany.

Although I argued my case for Goldeneye, no game I have played so far was as magical as Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. That for me is the best game of all time.

Smasandian
Actually Aku, Blake Stone wasnt the first FPS. If looked it up, you would find that Blake Stone came out after Wolfenstien. Look ats its official page, the tag line for it is, "if you liked Wolfenstien 3d, you will love this game".

mastergadenGT
BEST GAME EVER IS NINJA GAIDENNINGA GAIDEN
http://www.game-sector.co.uk/screens/data/media/1/ng01.jpg

Punk Tiger
From there Sonic 2 but it's hard to pick 'of all time'. I wouldn't pick what I voted for though...I like:
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Starfox Adventures
Jak & Daxter (2 and 3)
Ratchet & Clank 2 (I want 1 and 3!)
Still thinking...

alic88
mario

Mandorallen
MGS

Aku
Kingdom Hearts is a girls game. Mario 64 was shite because it wasnt half as good as the original ones. If you wanna make your own poll make a new thread.

Punk Tiger
I'm a girl, but I don't play Kingdom Hearts... Beat 'em ups are great!

HeartBroken
Soldier of Fortune 2

ChickinMeat
man i never got to play SoF2, i loved the first 1

Time Of Evil
I say GTA SA

The Ones
GTA hands down

jaden101
uhh...anyone like shenmue?

lots of people mention ocarina of time...i prefered a link to the past myself...but obviously ocarina is much bigger and better looking...but i still prefered LTTP

gran turismo also pushed the boundaries for the racing genre both graphically and in terms of handling

and im sorry to say...but tekken tag was ****ing diabolical...

Darth Jello
A Link to the Past, Ocerina of Time, Super Castlevania IV, Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, Super Mario RPG, Star Fox 64, Super Mario Bros. 3, Castlevania Chronicles, Megaman Anneversary Collection and Super Metroid should definitely be added to the list

sith_darth_jay
Metal Gear Solid (ps1) 4life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punk Tiger
Ocarina of Time was number 1 out of 100 in Nintendo Official Magazine!

Smasandian
I dont believe anything that comes out of Nintendo Power magazine.
But Ocarina of Time is rated number 1 of all time in gamerankings.com, which is generally correct most of the times.

Alpha Centauri
MGS, easy.

-AC

Thorondor
Sonic 2, San Andreas and Goldeneye.

Machete_Guy
I think its to hard to say.

Punk Tiger
OoT was still at no1 though...

Darth_Nefarus
Mario wins because it got most of us hooked on gaming. However, Goldeneye is THE OG first person shooter. (IMHO) Tekken Tag (Also MHO) is the best fighting game, and San Andreas is tops. But there is no mention of Ninja Gaiden from X-Box and that is still without a doubt one of the most challenging and fun games out there.

Bardock42
I liked GTA 2 not the best game but funny none the less.

Lord Follen
The best game in the world isnt up their

The harvest Moon games are the best games in the world

ZomBiE_HunTER
MGS is AWESOME but I gotta go wit DMC becuz it was the first game I ever got HOOK ON!! eek! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.