PS2 or Xbox?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batmanbat
Which game platform deserves to be picked up at the store

Draco69
PS2 has better games. X-Box has better graphics.

Rhino
the only good games that i would buy for xbox wouldve been fable, but i found out that its a really short game.

dark1365
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t301302.html

ScarFace Clone
THE NEW PS2!

jnr_hiphop
Hey people.. I've been hearing arguments between PS2 and Xbox.. My friend (a game freak) said that PS2 beat Xbox in one of the voting websites.. and i have another good friend.. he has an xbox and says xbox is better.. he said ps2 beat xbox just because more people have it..
Well I've got a ps2.. why? Because I think It's better..
Xbox - you dont need a memory card - instant 4 player
Ps2 - You don't have to buy the DVD features, new and better games come out on PS2 before Xbox...

So.. What do you people think?

dave123
el mergo happy

ScarFace Clone
jnr_hiphop... I agree with you

Jason420
i have to say xbox cause it has better graphics im going by my opinion cause if a game i want is gonna come out for both xbox and ps2 i would pick it up for xbox cause xbox has better graphics and if you can get the same game for the same price you might as well get the one with the better graphics am i right!

Jason420
by the way i have both systems

Rhino
why doesnt anyone compared xbox to the gamecube???

The Ones
cause x-box will crush game cube (Ps2 is like an asteriod, x-box is like a mamoth, gamecube is like an ant

Aku
The fact is you cant lose with PS2. If your using it for DVD purposes you put in a dvd and you watch one unlike xbox where you have to buy that stupid remote. Atleast with the ps2 remotes you get extra dvd options. If its games theirs plenty of excellent titles on PS2.

Summary:

PS2 - All around excellent

Xbox - More for gameplay as apposed to anything else.

I dont dislike Xbox i just think xbox is like Ferrari 550 Maralleno. Its good at going fast and thats it wether PS2 is more like a Lotus Exige, it goes fast, handles perfectly, has more safety and looks better than most modern day ferraris (excluding the enzo).

Aku
Coz Gamecube is shite, plus it cant play dvds and its aimed at a younger audience as the games are based on fun gameplay when xbox and ps2 make games for older gamers and younger gamers and have more realistic games. PS2 and Xbox are more closely related than GC.

Rhino
i knew someone was gonna say that big grin

wuTa
pink is the new black...not red....i use to say ps2 better....but xbox has won me over with knights

Rhino
Fable almost won me over to xbox, but nothin stood out from the gamecube's games...and "red is the new black" is a song

wuTa
my bad

ScarFace Clone
But the ps2 is so good! unbeatable

jnr_hiphop
Yea.. xbox does have better graphics.. and the only good game (that i know of) is Halo....

SaTsuJiN
xbox is more for cult favorites.. ps2 is more for the everyday gamer.. I'm picky with gaming titles though, so in my opinion ps2 has a weak gaming library.. you cant possibly equate quantity with quality

Machete_Guy
Your right. Too many games on PS2...So little quality games. Kiddie games are always flooding the PS2 shelves.

Rhino
to machete guy - flooding the ps2 shelves??i dont think so. If any kiddie games are flooding shelves its the successful but kiddie gamecube games. The only kiddie games in the ps2's library are mostly those multi platform(xbox, cube, ps2) games, about movies....like harry potter, polar express, and shrek, and sponge bob.

ScarFace Clone
yea, what about xbox, muchies odisy or how evr u spell it, fusion frenzy those are kidde games

x-box fanatic
what about halo or halo 2 splinter cell gta al those game s for xbox that are better than any ps2 game i have ever played

x-box fanatic
there is no chance ps2 could mach up to games or graphics for xbox

x-box fanatic
box is just better

sai12
Originally posted by Aku
The fact is you cant lose with PS2. If your using it for DVD purposes you put in a dvd and you watch one unlike xbox where you have to buy that stupid remote. Atleast with the ps2 remotes you get extra dvd options. If its games theirs plenty of excellent titles on PS2.

Summary:

PS2 - All around excellent

Xbox - More for gameplay as apposed to anything else.

Eh, I thought that's what these things were for, to play games. Who cares if it comes with dvd features. I'm willing to bet most of the people who own a xbox have a dvd player as well. Gameplay should be the ONLY point discussed here. And personally, I have to agree that Xbox has my vote. I know PS2 has some good titles, but overall, Xbox has better ones.

And it doesn't cost all that much to get a dvd thing for the xbox. I bought one for 8 dollars off Amazon. And I know a lot of people buy the dvd remote for PS2. What's the difference there? You're still buying it either way.

Cid
i'd have to say the X-box even though i've got a PS2.

ScarFace Clone
well seeing has how have have both and i have halo 2 and gta and all that stuff. Ps2 overall just out performs the xbox. ps2 has splinter cell, MGS series FF for the role players, Grand trismo for the racers, Socom 2 for the military players online, Kill zone for the first person shooters. that is why ps2 is better. but i still like playing halo 2 online

Draco69
Halo has Fable, Ninja Gaiden and Halo.

PS2 has everything else. No contest.

Ditto with ScarFace Clone.

x-box fanatic
no way could the ps2 come over the xbox in games or graphics

Draco69
Graphics? No

Games? Absolutely not. X-Box has at the very least a dozen good games that are UNIQUE to the system. PS2 has well over a dozen.

Draco69
Not to mention that PS2 won the console wars by a landslide.

Kaistar
both of them suck. but i perfer X-Box

Its Dreamcast and Arcade cabinets 4 life

stingray005
PS2 can't compare with the graphics or the games of Xbox

Draco69
Graphics. No. Games. Yes.

PS2 has a far more impressive library than X-Box

I dare you to name at least 15 (exclusive) games that "can't compare" to PS2.

Mainstream
It's not about graphics it's about which machine has the most games (PS2) and the better games (PS2) burlybrawl

Zen2nd
Splinter Cell is always released first on Xbox anyway
Gran Turismo in my opinion is overshadowed by Project Gotham Racing 2, Gran Turismo is on its 4th edition and it still doesn't have online play.
Socom 2 thats a great game for online if you like lag.
I've played Killzone and its crap.
Final Fantasy is a good game but if you check out European sales you will see that it is not doing too well.

So that leaves you with MGS. Possibly one of the only good games for PS2.
PS2 has GTA but that eventually comes to Xbox anyway.
Xbox has better online functions.

I played GT4 and I have to say they have really messed it up.

The DVD function for Xbox? Tell me you didn't buy an Xbox to watch DVDs! Plus PS2 DVD drive is crap compared to Xbox. Has a fact now, the Xbox DVD drive is actually alot better than a PS2 drive.

With Xbox you don't need to buy a poxy multitap. No memory card either.

On another note, for Gamecube fans, Resident Evil 4 rocks!!

But I must add all the consoles have their selling points and you can't really compare their sales to how good they are.

Draco69
As I said "I dare you to name at least 15 (exclusive) games that "can't compare" to PS2."

Zen2nd
1)Ninja Gaiden
2)Halo
3)Halo 2
4)Project Gotham Racing
5)Project Gotham Racing 2
6)Full Spectrum Warrior
7)Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
8)Mech Assault 2
9)Doom 3
10)Dead or Alive Ultimate
11)Fable
12)Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
13)Mercenaries
14)Midtown Madness 3
15)Project Snowblind
16)Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
17)Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
18)Sudeki
19)The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
20)The House of the Dead III
21)Shenmue II
22)RalliSport Challenge 2

QUOTE] "can't compare" to PS2." there now you can name 15 PS2 exclusives

Draco69
1) True
2) True
3) True
4) No. Gran Tran. and Need for Speed far outweighs them.
5) Ditto
6) Full Spectrum Warrior is very good overall, and deserves credit for being something other than just another military-themed shooter or strategy game. It's just too bad that it isn't more involving. PS2 war games are much better.
7) Not exclusive. It came out on PS2.
8) Average Game. Most reviews are in the 7.0s or 3.0s
9) It's not out yet.
10) True. Too bad its the only good (exclusive) fighter they have
11) True. But I already mentioned it. Doesn't compare to the Suikoden, Breath of Fire, or Final Fantasy series. And numerous other RPGs PS2 has.
12) Very good game. Once you learn the controls.
13) Very good game. (Do anyone else notice that X-Box games just has extremely good shooters)
14) Poor game. Ripoff of Need for Speed
15) Another very good shooter. Which is all X-Box has.
16) True
17) True
18) Very Poor. Worst in the list. Sudeki is, unfortunately, more style than substance.
19) Not exculsive.
20) Very poor. 2nd worst in the list. Average score is in the 4s
21) Not exclusive
22) True. Though it loses to PS2 Gran Trans. and Burnout.

12 out 15 not bad. But anybody can name at least 50 top-tier PS2 games. The games you picked are the cream of the crop. And the cream is all.

Zen2nd
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
What other console is that on as I am unsure confused

Midtown Madness 3, I have to say I have had the most fun on this game ever.

Need for Speed is already on Xbox anyway

50 top tier games for PS2, I find that amusing.

Draco69
Chronicles of Riddick was a movie game. So naturally they have to release it on every friggin platform

Midtown Madness was fun. For a while. It certainly isn't top-tier.

Need For Speed was exclusive for PS2 until the latest one.

Amusing? It's true. X-Box's specialty is shooter games. That's it. Look at the list. Nearly all the games are shooters. I admit that X-Box is unparallel in shooters to any other system, but when it comes to any other genre PS2 (or even Gamecube) completely pansies X-Box.

Linkalicious
Gran Turismo 4 > Project Gotham 2 > Need for Speed

Need for Speed games...including Underground....are impressive, but not that impressive.

And X-box would be the best system by FARRRRR if they ever sat down with square-enix and worked out a deal. Better yet, an x-box exclusive deal.

stingray005
give it up draco, you know as well as I do that xbox owns and that FPS games are the best.

dave123
15's a bit much for ANY console confused

Draco69
Originally posted by stingray005
give it up draco, you know as well as I do that xbox owns and that FPS games are the best.

No. You just X-Box obsessed. PS2 is only lower in graphics. It's game library is far more impressive and well rounded.

FPS games are the best? That's your opinion.

Go home little boy. And leave this forum.

Zen2nd
I own all 3 consoles and each has their strenghts. I only favour Xbox because of its excellent online features.

Draco69
X-Box has the best online features.

PS2 has the best game library.

And Gamecube is the best party console.

Kaistar
DOAU is a very poor fighting game (it's a very shallow game). IMO, its only eye candy. If you want a true fighter, Tekken 5 all the way. nuff said

Fieldy69
X box is by far the better machine
but ps2 has alot more games plus it plays old ps 1 games
but i like my x box more with its music and better games
morrowind is better than any game on ps2

CorderaMitchell
No games make the system, graphics do not

Ps2 is VERSATILITY. the controller is better, more options and customizations, games, accessories.

bottom line you must get the gaming right before the hardware, playstation,or sony, is an hardware and gaming expert,nintendo just games, and xbox just hardware.

the cream is the extra features that is all.

Hooverman
Originally posted by Draco69
PS2 has better games. X-Box has better graphics.

i agree with this totally

CorderaMitchell
indeed,but games are more important than graphics,

if i wanted graphics, i woulda watched a movie.

Fantazy
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
No games make the system, graphics do not

Ps2 is VERSATILITY. the controller is better, more options and customizations, games, accessories.

bottom line you must get the gaming right before the hardware, playstation,or sony, is an hardware and gaming expert,nintendo just games, and xbox just hardware.

the cream is the extra features that is all.

For once, I agree with you Cordera, I'd like to argue with you on another point, but the PS2 simply ***** slaps the Xbox, which crushes the gamecube.

The PS2 may have worse graphics, but not that much worse that the xbox' graphics can defeat the PS2 game library! It has all the best games, with the exception of Soul Calibur two, where Xbox gets spawn sad

Anyways, Gamecube sucks, xbox is great, PS2 kicks major ass and beats down all!!!!

CorderaMitchell
thanks man, You are a good debator.

TheJuggernaut
about gamecube play Re4 and Mortal Kombat Dec. you call those kid games? oh and ps2 kicks the ****ing shit out of x-box

WAF3001
PS2 all the way. Who really cares that much about graphics. I still play my old playstation games and N64 games even though they have bad graphics.

CorderaMitchell
Ps2 has no bad graphics, its their excuse for buying such rubbish.

Kiske
PS2 owns.

Graphics? WHo the heck cares about the graphics?
Why do people still like SNES? Is it because of the friggin graphics for mother god sake.

Dont despise GC so much man, its got SSBM, FFCC, Wind Waker and all the Zelda games are gonna be out on GC.

Im not saying XBOX is a piece of crap, its good overall, but if you compare to PS2, your a little off. The only games i enjoyed on XBOX were Halo and Top Spin.

Whereas on PS2, i enjoyed games of all Genres. Like Tekken, GGX, GGIsuka, GT4 (btw Gran Turismo 4 owns all racing games and you know it), Final Fantasy, KoF, GSeed, MGS, Socom, GRecon, AoE Age of Kings theres just too many.

Instant 4-player is great, but PS2 has capabilities for 4-player also, its not liek its completely missing out on party action.

I respect that people would like XBOX over PS2, for here im only enforcing my point.

CorderaMitchell
tHank you games make the system.

DaRk Lotus
X-box all the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.