Ultimate X-Men vs. New X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
I saw this battle in Wizard Magazine awhile ago.

Ultimate X-Men Lineup :

Cyclops
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) (NO PHOENIX FORCE)
Storm
Iceman
Colossus
Beast
Professor X
Wolverine

New X-Men Lineup :

Cyclops
Phoenix (NO PHOENIX FORCE)
Beast
Wolverine
Emma Frost
Professor X

Victor Von Doom
I would favour the Ultimate line up.

Draco69
I disagree. Ultimate has two telepaths. New has three.

pr1983
ultimate team has numbers... but new xmen experience...

new cyclops beats ultimate, more experience, better fighter, has the advantage in every way.

new jean has more control over her abilities, she'd take it.

new beast stronger and faster

this is where it gets tricky...

emma frost is an extremely accomplished telepath, but it would be some feat to take down colossus, iceman and storm simultaneously, can be done though

new xmen wolverine v ultimate... a close fight, could go either way...

the professors is the same... t'would be some fight though...

i honestly don't know, but i'm leaning toward new...

Draco69
Emma Frost is in her diamond form though. Any attack from them will be shrugged off. Emma doesn't play fair so I see her taking control of Storm or Colossus to attack his or hers teammates.

pr1983
colossus can take down diamond emma (ultimate colossus is very similar strength wise to astonishing colossus, at least from what i've seen...), but if she uses psychic powers she can take em no problem...

Draco69
Emma, the spoilt brat she is, cannot be BOTHERED to actually participate in such a plebian and uncultured act like hand to hand combat. She'll simply render herself psychially invisible to the others and attack from a distance. She just got a French manicure, after all.

Alpha Centauri
I like the Ultimate team more.

In a fight though, not sure really.

-AC

pr1983
laughing true...

Victor Von Doom
Ultimate ----------------------------------------New

Cyclops-----------------------------------------Cyclops
Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)------------------------Phoenix
Beast--------------------------------------------Beast
Professor X-------------------------------------Professor X
Wolverine---------------------------------------Wolverine

Colossus----------------------------------------Emma Frost
Iceman
Storm

Ultimate team, for me.

juggernaut74
Yea I like the Ulimate X-men better I think. I think they have a better story and it feels a little more on the real side to me.

Draco69
The New X-Men has WAY more experience than the Ultimate X-Men. The Ultimate X-Men are teenagers. The New X-Men are adults who have forgotten more battles than the Ultimates have fought.

Professor X from New is evenly matched with ultimate Prof. X in terms of psychic power. However New Professor X is much more experienced than Ultimate Prof. X. New Prof. X wins.

Ultimate Jean Grey is nowhere near the control of her powers like New Jean Grey.

Ultimate Beast seems to be nimbler than New Beast. However the New Beast is much stronger and much more experienced.

New Cyclops beats Ultimate Cyclops for the same reasons above.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. New Wolverine is pretty much a stalemate. Although New Wolverine is much more experienced and is overall a better fighter, their healing factors and unbreakable skeletons make it impossible for them to gain an upper edge on each other.

Emma Frost is an incredibly powerful telepath who is also blessed with an unbreakable diamond form. At the beginning of the battle she renders herself psychically invisible to the Ultimates. The Ultimate Prof. X and Jean Grey are too preoccupied with their New versions to notice. Emma Frost scans the battleground for a mind to control. She picks Colossus. A possessed Petey picks up a rather large pile of rubble and crushes the Ultimate Prof. X into a bloody paste. Prof. X is free from his battle (which he woulda won anyway) and joins Jean in a psychic assault against Marvel Girl. Marvel Girl falls. The three most powerful telepathes in the world mindwipes the rest of the Ultimates. The New X-Men win.

Alpha Centauri
Do you have the New X-Men Vs Ultimate X-Men comic Draco?

Coz you seem to have seen an actual battle between the two and matter-of-factly, determined the winner.

-AC

Draco69
The comic doesn't exist. Not yet anyway. And thanks for the compliment.

juggernaut74
Funny this is brought up. But I just read the new Wizard Magazine and in it it says that in a future arc of Ultimate FF that Reed finds a alternate universe in the other side of the N-zone and discovers and older version of himself married to Sue Storm. Take how you will but I think that we will have the first crossover with the main Universe and the Ultimate Universe.

Alpha Centauri
"The comic doesn't exist. Not yet anyway. And thanks for the compliment."

Wasn't complimenting nor insulting.

Just saying, quite presumptuous that you would act as though "New X-Men win." is fact just because you posted your version of the battle.

As long as you recognise that not everyone agrees, no problem.

-AC

Draco69
It's considered an opinion. I'm not being presumptious. That's what we do here in the Versus forum. We make an arguement on why and how what character would be another character. It's whatever everybody does here in this forum. I would be happy to rebut any other arguement though. wink

Alpha Centauri
Well I respect your opinion.

I don't really feel the need to actually simulate an X-Men battle in my mind to show why I think that.

I prefer the Ultimate team. In a fight though, I dunno. Leaning toward Ultimate.

-AC

Draco69
Ok.

muffin man
Ultimate and in the new x-men jean grey does have pheonix well at least the early ones.

eleveninches
All of the ultimate range of marvel charachters have purposely had far less experience than their 616 counterparts.

Draco69
So they'd lose.

Tron
That seems to be what Wizard thinks too. They came out with an issue a few months ago and had them battle, and the 616 crew came on top.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.