the new Punisher game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
I got it on PS2...I'm enjoying it way more than I though I would. anybody else got it or played it?

Rhino
i havent played it...but
1) is it a really good game?
2) is the character based on the movie punisher, or the comics?

Mainstream
Based on the comics (thank god) it's very cool you can threaten criminals and the language is rated R without a doubt..It's like mortal combat meet Rambo or something.

Rhino
i never seen the punisher movie, but wat was wrong with it?

Mainstream
I thought it was okay..it was better than Hulk and Daredevil...I think you'd like it.

mr.marvel
i thought the movie was very good.you just have to get your mind out of the dc universe for 90 minutes.remember that the punisher is more of a "blow shit up" kind of guy.its a typical action movie.go in with that state of mind and you'll have a great time. daredevil - bad acting. hulk - only for the true fan who is simply compelled by his sory rather that hearing "hulk smash" and as for the punisher movie & game.they're both based on garth ennis' version of the punisher which is a very good thing.

Mainstream
I liked the movie...I can't wait for part two he gonna fight Jigsaw!!!!

Jedi Shmedi
People didn't like the first one mostly because they felt it was a lttle cheesy. With all the "It's not revenge, it's punishment." and the whole flaming skull in the end was a little over the top. But I thought the movie was very well done for such a cheap budget. The DVD was excellent as well smile

Mainstream
I liked it a give it a 8.5 out of 10

SaTsuJiN
I watched a little bit of the movie and I was going into a duh seizure... the game looked good though.. so how are the tortures carried out?

ragesRemorse
Yeah to bad he diddnt blow very much shit up in the movie, infact he diddnt really do all that much punishing, he was the one gettin punished most of the time. As for having to be a tru fan to like the hulk movie or the story. Comic book movies blow. I have seen 4 good comic flicks. Batman, hellboy, the crow, and well spiderman...kind of. the second blew ass.

As for the punisher game, it was a nice attempt but in the end, that is all this game is...an attempt. It is nothing more than a shooting game. No abilities, no cool moves, no nothing, just shotting and the occasional interrogation. The interogation is kind of pointless gore you get your information and you can kill them if you want. The game is fun though untill it becomes repetitive. They actually did get the punishers presence down, and i appreciate the violence, but it could have been done far better. It is nothing more than your average shoot em up. That would be okay two years ago, but video games are flooded with them. The graphics arent even that good.

mr.smiley
i liked the punisher movie along with both x men and spidermans.
i liked daredevil too.
elektra was iiiiifffffffffffffy.
it had some of the coolest villans i've ever seen yet they all had crappy deaths.
the punisher is good but seems a little repititous to me

Wolfie
The Punisher movie was awesome!

Mainstream
It was above average...very good not great..can't wait for Punisher 2 though

Red Superfly
Punisher movie was crap. It was like a straight-to-daytime-TV thriller movie, which would appear in between Miami Vice and Murder She Wrote. Lameness.

I love The Punisher character, but man was he a p*ssy in the movie. A nice guy simply sulking all day is NOT The Punisher. The Punisher is a no sh*t taking, borderring on the psychotic, lunatic who sees his target and goes through anybody to get there. The game was looking to at least do that. I guess no-one can get The Punisher right eh?

ragesRemorse
yeah, they really did a poor job of adapting his character. Even the action was poor and also limited. these are the best things about the movie.

Mainstream
you guys are harsh.

justinday15
Does anyone know how to beat the Russian, on the level that he throws barrels at you? After you catch him on fire, how do u kill him?

Mainstream
dude...I just be Bushwacker yesterday...but I want to know how to beat the Russian too.

mr.smiley
use solid snake to take him out.
oh wait you can't!
sorry couldn't help it.
i haven't got their yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.