Juggernaut vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
angel_notNiether one of these guys ranks high on the angel list.
But Wolverine for all his limitations seems to be a big gun.
Is he really in the same class as Hulk, Juggernaut, Human Torch and Iceman.

Zahit
This is so not a fight. Juggy obliterates him. no contest. why bother.

ZephroCarnelian
What can Wolverine possibly do to harm the unharmable? If the Hulk couldn't beat Juggernaut and Thor couldn't, the surely Wolverine would get pulverised? The only reason Jugs gets defeated in X-Men is when he chickens out.

Lord S
And what exactly makes you think that the Torch and Iceman are in Juggernaut's league?

BTW, no contest...Juggy squashes Wolvie...no matter how hard Marvel pushes him, common sense has to prevail.

whobdamandog
Wolvie actually p*ssuied out of a fight with Cain..Him and Colossus were at a bar, and Cain was there in regular street clothes. Colossus picked a fight with Cain and got his arse kicked, while Wolvie sat back and watched. After kicking Colossus's ass, he then asked Wolverine if he wanted to go a round..and like a little boitch arse school girl..Wolvie chickened out...lol

Mainstream
Juggy wins no prob.

Swanky-Tuna
There was the one fight at the bar where Wolverine *wisely* chose not to fight. But I keep hearing he beat the powered down Juggernaut.

spetznaz
Juggernaut is ....well ...a veritable Juggernaut (the word Juggernaut by the way is Hindi in origin. It was a title used by Lord Visnu the Sustainer, the second in the Hindu Trimurti after Brahma the Creator and Siva the Destroyer, which literally meant 'Lord of the World who could move them').
Juggernaut would punch Wolverine so hard that old Wolvie would go running off to Magneto begging to be put out of his misery.
The only person in Marvel who can stand up to a well written Juggernaut (emphasizing well written) is one .....War Hulk. The problem is over the years the Juggernaut has had his power levels literaly juggled! At one point he is unstoppable (which is what he should be, since the only thing that could be done is slow him down), and on other occasions even Rogue can sock it to him! Juggernaut has been the recipient of a lot of bad writing sadly, which has relegated him to a nigh second-tier status.
It reminds me of a 'what if' between the Hulk (normal Hulk mind you), Doomsday and Juggernaut. Virtually everyone said that Jug was not even a factor to be considered. Yet in reality Juggernaut totally belonged in that match (as in Jug is unstoppable, the Hulk always increased his strength with rage, and Doomsday is basically a nightmare that is hard to defeat, and if defeated always comes back stronger and invulnerable to whatever force defeated him). I think Doomsday would have won, but it was interesting to see how people made it seem as if Juggernaut was absolutely useless.
Anyways, a fight between Wolverine and the Juggernaut would be a quick one. Wolverine would discover what the meaning of an 'unstoppable force' is.
p.s: When i said the only one who could match up to Juggernaut was War-Hulk i did not mean that in the whole Marvel universe that was the only opponent worthy of Jug. Infact there are many ....eg Gladiator, Thor, etc. And some like the Silver Surfer and Thanos would obliterate Jug. I was just using that as a frame of reference.

Mainstream
Cain..

sbo
Juggie would stomp wolverine into little a hairy pulp.

Lord S
Yeah I agree, I think Juggie's downfall started when he ran into Onslaught...and was tossed clear across North America. They made him a joke in that MASSIVE crossover, where he could have been a powerful ally.

Tron
Short answer: No

He backhanded him once and took him out of the fight against the rest of the team.

He didn't p*ssy out of that fight, he did the smart thing and minded his business. Only him and Nightcrawler there to help, he apparantly knew damn well they couldn't do jack. And, he knew Colossus asked for that fight too, so he stayed out of it. After all, Juggernaut wasn't there for a fight, he was there for some booty.

And spetznaz, you're refering to the Comic Book Universe Battles site aren't you? I saw that Hulk/Juggernaut/Doomsday fight they put together too, along with the opinions of different people. So many people completely misinformed on Juggernaut and his abilities.

C1nd3r
wolverine wouldnt get beat down cuz he'd try to slash cain then realized its not gonna do shit then he'd offer him a cig and they'd go to a bar and get some ass.

a gay bar embarrasment

spetznaz
Yeah, it was that 'other site' that shall remain unnamed (even though you stated it). Let me just say some of the opinions there are so ridiculous as to be utterly ludicrous! (I did not even bother joining - too many pre-pubescent fanboys therein).

long pig
Remember when cannonball and wolverine were in a bar and CB go wasted and juggs was going to pick a fight...so wolvie broke in and backed him down??
obviously jugs is either intimadated by wolvie
or he didnt wanna get wolvies blood all over his costume

Swanky-Tuna
The truth is, everybody can't be curbstomping wolverine every time they enter a bar. You're likely to get banned and/or the chicks will be afraid of you.

KillAll
its obvious that its option 2 wink he didnt wanna smear wolverine. he even told wolverine that he was no match for himself (juggernaut). wolverine acknowledged he wasnt a match for him.

p.s. : http://www.geocities.com/pic_housing2/Wolverine_KO1.txt

Alpha Centauri
I must admit, I did laugh at the bitchslap.

-AC

muffin man
this is one of the dumbest threads ever.
of course JUGGERNAUT will win unless wolverine meets galactus and becomes his herald.

jinzin
Yeah I agree. Juggs wins. It's weird, I also considered Juggs a non factor in that three way but at the same time I feel that wolverine can beat the hulk but not juggernaught. Unfortunately, Juggernaught's got too much in his favor to lose this fight.

radioboy121
Well, Wolverine didn't chicken out as realize the circumstances that was before this event. Colossus had just brushed off Kitty (per se) after he failed to thank her after she saved his life. Nightcrawler wanted to help a somewhat drunk Colossus when he started a fight with Juggernaut, but Wolverine held him back. When Colossus ranted on why the two didn't help, Wolverine brought up about teamwork and on the other spectrum, the way he treated Kitty. In different circumstances or if Juggernaut was going for the kill, Nightcrawler and Wolverine would at least assisted in helping Colossus escape.

Unlike Hulk or a Wendigo, Juggernaut is in a durability level to make Wolverine's physical ability and attributes nearly useless. Wolverine doesn't have a chance, but I still enjoyed the panel of him standing up to Juggernaut to protect a drunk Cannonball. However, Juggernaut let his pride go and left since the Onslaught fiasco was still on his mind.

theflyxx
Hmm. I swear this thread was explicitly made to be one-sided.

Anyways, Marko makes a hairy smear on the wall with Wolverine.

Lord-of-Dreams
That's not really chickening out. He watched the fight because, he found it funny- i do too. what kind of moron is collosis?? He was knocked all around and still kept coming!!! And he wasn't looking for a fight, and neither was Juggy(not ESPECIALLY looking for one...)
But no matter what, Juggy can'tlose.

Empath
Well Shatterstar's science/magic blade cut juggs eyes up pretty good.
Adamantium is the hardest known substance. I know we all like Juggernaut, but Wolive could cut the Hulks skin if he were strong enough. Its not like theres no way.

Swanky-Tuna
There IS no way though.

hellboy13
i'm a big wolerine fan but he would be kill by JUGGERNAUT

galan7777777
1st of all they say adamantium is indestructible, but how do u explain hulk breaking wolverines back in the versus comic (something i believe jugg would accomplish also)? and as for wolv's healing factor remember that when magneto ripped his adamantium skeleton from his body, his healing factor had to work so hard to save him, that he lost not only his healing ability, but all of his other abilities untill apocalypse restored them......this shows that after immense physical trauma (which juggernaut could bestow to wolv) he is rendered almost a weak as a normal human.......jugg all that way!

godking
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Adamantium is the hardest known substance. I know we all like Juggernaut, but Wolive could cut the Hulks skin if he were strong enough. Its not like theres no way. Yes Shatterstars MAGIC blades cut Juggernaut briefly.

Wolverines claws are not magic.

Tron
Originally posted by galan7777777
1st of all they say adamantium is indestructible, but how do u explain hulk breaking wolverines back in the versus comic (something i believe jugg would accomplish also)?

I believe you're referring to Ultimate Hulk and Wolverine, which isn't canon to this debate unless stated different.

JohnnyDo3
Juggernaut would crush wolverine and yeah wolverine would come back for more and it wouldnt be a problem to ol jug to crush him again anyways wolverine would lose

capt it up
classic jugg would win no doubts, but what about current juggs he far weaker and less durable now unless he some how ahd a recent up grade.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Tron
I believe you're referring to Ultimate Hulk and Wolverine, which isn't canon to this debate unless stated different. well in any rate juggs could inflict far worse damage to wolv the magneto did when he ripped the adamantium from his body...after this happened wolv lost his healing powers because the healing factor burnt itself out

galan7777777
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Adamantium is the hardest known substance. I know we all like Juggernaut, but Wolive could cut the Hulks skin if he were strong enough. Its not like theres no way. remember these are classic juggs abilities. Juggernaut traditionally possessed huge power, of mystical origin. He had tremendous physical strength, in which he can lift over 100 tons, a total resistance to physical injury due to his mystic spell of invulnerability; an impenetrable force field that he could summon at will, and unlimited stamina. His spell also granted him unbreakable skin, therefore making his forcefield an added protection in case he did not wish for a certain attack to touch his physical body. Due to the mystical energies flowing through his body, he did not need to eat, breathe, or drink fluids. As a vessel of mystic energy, he also possessed many abstract powers that had yet to be fully revealed. Finally, while moving, he could, essentially, not be stopped

juggernaut66666
WOLVIE GETS PIMP SLAPPED CREDIT TO KILLALL FOR THIS PIC

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/58/wolverineko1oi8.jpg

galan7777777
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
WOLVIE GETS PIMP SLAPPED CREDIT TO KILLALL FOR THIS PIC

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/58/wolverineko1oi8.jpg thats awesome, there is no debating an actual pic.........juggs wins!

juggernaut66666
GAMBIT LIKES THE PIMFINGERS

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8052/hrunx334p13bz2.jpg

Soljer
thats awesome, there is no debating an actual pic.........juggs wins!

That was so full of PIS, and you know it!

Wolverine's jobber aura wasn't in full effect! He can't be knocked out! It's impossible! He was probably just faking, to lure Cain into an unaware state, so that he could decapitate the Juggernaut.

Yup.

Wolverine's claws can cut ANYTHING. Even magic. Juggs gets decapitated.

smile.

galan7777777
Originally posted by Soljer
That was so full of PIS, and you know it!

Wolverine's jobber aura wasn't in full effect! He can't be knocked out! It's impossible! He was probably just faking, to lure Cain into an unaware state, so that he could decapitate the Juggernaut.

Yup.

Wolverine's claws can cut ANYTHING. Even magic. Juggs gets decapitated.

smile. wow thats an idea, he was faking it haha!

capt it up
thats awesome, there is no debating an actual pic.........juggs wins!
there quite a lot of debate there actaully. If I recall that was written pre wolverine beign a mutant.

also that was not a one hit KO he had taken 2 other before that.

also thats classic juggs not current

Grimm22
The only way to really "beat" classic Juggs is to throw him into some water stick out tongue

Or just pull a galactus and eat him big grin

or you can be a pansy and mindrape him sad

Grimm22
Originally posted by capt it up
classic jugg would win no doubts, but what about current juggs he far weaker and less durable now unless he some how ahd a recent up grade.

Gonna have to agree with Capt here.

Current Juggs is a complete and total chump.

Hell Jubilee could beat him big grin

Darth Vegas
No way that Wolverine could even hurt Classic Juggs, much less defeat him.

But Classic Juggs could easily put a hurtin' on Wolverine, healing factor or not.

Classic Juggs takes it.

Current Juggs........not so much.

keak da sneak
Originally posted by jinzin
Yeah I agree. Juggs wins. It's weird, I also considered Juggs a non factor in that three way but at the same time I feel that wolverine can beat the hulk but not juggernaught. Unfortunately, Juggernaught's got too much in his favor to lose this fight.

same here i also think he can beat hulk cuzz everytime they fight wolverine beats his ass but for some reason he's no match for the juggernaut b*tch

newjak86
Originally posted by keak da sneak
same here i also think he can beat hulk cuzz everytime they fight wolverine beats his ass but for some reason he's no match for the juggernaut b*tch Its often that way with people that give Hulk problems Jugg absolutly destroys or everyone thinks he destroys.
Like Thing.
Like Namor
Like Abomination
Like Thor

Very few people actually argue these guys being able to actually beat Jugg's w/o BFR

Apolloknight
Originally posted by newjak86
Its often that way with people that give Hulk problems Jugg absolutly destroys or everyone thinks he destroys.
Like Thing.
Like Namor
Like Abomination
Like Thor

Very few people actually argue these guys being able to actually beat Jugg's w/o BFR

It doesnt matter, Juggernaut doesnt do this with his now proven limitless strength according to Hulk fans.

Grimm22
Its often that way with people that give Hulk problems Jugg absolutly destroys or everyone thinks he destroys.
Like Thing.
Like Namor
Like Abomination
Like Thor

Question: If Classic Juggs pwns these guys then how come Colossus can have an issue of fighting him?!?! What the f**k?

newjak86
Originally posted by Grimm22
Question: If Classic Juggs pwns these guys then how come Colossus can have an issue of fighting him?!?! What the f**k? Depends on the issue your talking about. Well there are
A) the ones where Colossus and the X-Men are all fighting Cain.

B) If your refering to the bar room brawl that only was as long as it took for Cain to land one punch then it was over. Colossus is very agile for powerset that is why he was able to last any real time.

badabing
Hulk>Juggernaut
Wolverine>Hulk
Wolverine>>Juggernaut

Apolloknight
Originally posted by badabing
Hulk>Juggernaut
Wolverine>Hulk
Wolverine>>Juggernaut

yes

newjak86
Yeah well Juggernaut's Pimp Slap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolverine

Apolloknight
Yeah well Juggernaut's Pimp Slap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolverine

NO NO, Hulk is the living embodiment of strength, if hulk dies the universe will fold under its tremendous weight of which Hulks massive strength has been holding this whole time.

I mean come on, he lifted 150 billion tons.

newjak86
Originally posted by Apolloknight
NO NO, Hulk is the living embodiment of strength, if hulk dies the universe will fold under its tremendous weight of which Hulks massive strength has been holding this whole time.

I come on, he lifted 150 billion tons. laughing

Broly92
Wolverine crystal pwns Juggs
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=max0009jpgw1tb.jpg
no expression laughing out loud

badabing
Originally posted by Apolloknight

I come on, he lifted 150 billion tons.
yes thumb up

shifty

Grimm22
Originally posted by Broly92
Wolverine crystal pwns Juggs
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=max0009jpgw1tb.jpg
no expression laughing out loud

STOP IT!!ranting

Grimm22
Depends on the issue your talking about. Well there are
A) the ones where Colossus and the X-Men are all fighting Cain.

B) If your refering to the bar room brawl that only was as long as it took for Cain to land one punch then it was over. Colossus is very agile for powerset that is why he was able to last any real time.

Ah I see yes

However, if you ask me it was just to fill up the entire issue erm

Broly92
Originally posted by Grimm22
STOP IT!!ranting
hysterical

lft4ded
Originally posted by capt it up

Isn't it sad when a return to form is considered an 'upgrade'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.