Scooby Doo 2, a success?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

movieman
I ask this because I'm really into box office, and the first one opened with a surprisingly high 50 million, about 30 million more than I had predicted, and everyone else for the matter.

It opened in summer, the new one opens in just over a week, and I don't think it'll be able to make the same numbers, but I don't know what it'll be able to make. 30 million? A possibility. Kids movies are just so hard to read, box office wise.

botankus
A success financially, yes.
A success filmwise, negative!

Ice18
This one is kind of hard to say Because everyone who saw the first one might not have liked it so they wont go to see the second one. You know what that means it means that the second one probably wont make that much. SO do i think its going to be a sucess maybe

" F*ck Fear Drink Beer" beer

Tired Hiker
I hope the ending isn't as stupid as the first one, SPOILER{[[ Scrappy Doo, what the heck was that about? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Krosus
Welllll, scrappy always was a ne'er do well hehe, little hooligan always trying to beat people bigger than him up.

turkesa
I think that the movie probably will make some money, but I don't believe that will make as much as the first.
I've saw the first movie and it was't so great as that, so I'm still wondering if I'll see the second or not. stick out tongue

kisses!!! Happy Dance

kj3152
I don't think that it will make as much, i think that the first one was lucky to make as much as it did, however as they say lightening doesn't strick twice.

Knowing my luck, i bet the film will be huge and what i said will be complete pants however i feel that i won't be far wrong.

Dodge_Girl82
I am a HUGE Scooby Doo fan and I wasn't as dissapointed in the first one as I thought I would be.
I (and I seem to be the only one,) am really excited about SD2.
I like kids movies more than I like movies meant for adults, maybe it's just me.

vagaryatwill
Good question. I don't have a clue. I've been seeing the previews and quite honestly, I don't know how it could be a huge success, but I've been surprised before. I should probably see the first one....

SlipknoT
It will bomb

The Unknown
It was good, but it was a different kind of movie than the first.

WindDancer
I like Scooby Doo but the first film was beyond terrible! Any good reviews and I might consider go seeing it.

banzai
i'm gonna have to agree with The Unknown...the second one is much better than the first. it was much more action-packed, and Freddy Prinze, Jr. has really become more comfortable in his role. in fact, all of the actors seemed to have settled in - ie Sarah Michelle Gellar. it's much funnier and the storyline is more exciting in this one. the scooby chases were money!! go check it out.

MISSME
This looks like a great movie....it will definitely make you laugh!

Scooby Doo! Were are you!

Evy_O
I hope it's better than the first, cause I didn't like that one erm
Lame houmor, predictable story...

The Unknown
Did you stay after the credits?

Fire
never going to see that movie even the cartoons are lame as hell

steely balls
one thing people need to understand its scooby doo it was always predictable, didn't u watch the show? i thought the first one sucked to yet i still liked because it was scooby doo, i mean the show sucked. yet somehow i liked, maybe because it was done pretty well, its hard to duplicate a cartoon, because it was LIVE ACTION! not a cartoon

punkyhermy
THE ONLY THING I'M LOOKING FORWARD FOR IN sd2 IS aLICIA sILVERSTONE.I'M A FAN...she's so adorable

MarkHobin
I dont think it will make nearly as much as the first one did.

Xena!
i saw it and it was okay. I do think is better than the original. Not many laughs but i think is mostly for younger kids.

Firesky
well scooby is number 1 at the box office. i was wondering who was seeing this movie just because SMG (Buffy) was in it, and i also know that Seth Green ( OZ ) has some parts in there.
so basically if you just went to see this movie because you are going through Buffy withdrawal?

<<Solo>>
You'd have to kill me before I'd see it.

Firesky
thats the way i kinda feel about it to. i like buffy the vampire slayer i liked her as buffy, but the first one sucked big time, and i not gonna waste my time and see the second one that or waste my money either if i am ever to see it ( cause my fiance is a big sarah fan) it will probably be a rent thing so that way i can leave and do other things if i want too.

botankus
No, I'm not seeing it, and No, I would be even less likely to see it for SMG.

ElectricBugaloo
No. because i'm not going to see it.

i didn't see the first one, and i still lived

banzai
no, why did i miss something?? aww great now im gonna have to scope it out on dvd just see...

banzai
This is very true...i mean, seriously, was there ever any single episode that didnt follow the EXACT same storyline? the gang stumbles upon a mystery, they wander around until velma discovers the key clues, spookiness is revealed as a hoax, and then the one character you saw the least of ends up being the bad guy. wash rinse repeat. it's part of the charm of the show! smile

Kes
Yeh, problem is in the 1st one it wasnt a hoax!The monsters were real. 1st was crap..aint gonna see the 2nd.
I'm still trying to figure out why I went to see the 1st, considering how much I dislike the actors!

yerssot
they made a second one? sad

Evy_O
Ohhh, I very much watched it when I was little, thank you very much big grin
And back then somehow I did not think it was predictable erm
I still think the movie was crap, and I was disappointed when I saw it, cause I was expecting something... else? messed cry
Oh well I hope 2 will be better big grin From the reviews I've read though it's not great.

RoguePw25
Scobby Doo 2 was a success???? I'm trying to figure out was Scobby Doo 1 a sucess??

A lot of my friends were mad that they made Sarah Michell G. Daphne. I mean, let's get real, to me, she is no Daphne.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.