THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ coming 2008

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

enyafreak
all hail 'the wonderful wizard of oz'

the classic book by Baum is to be made into a feature film.

the script has already been written and is causing waves in hollywood as producers rave.

this adaption is said to be the closest version to the book and will be very very dark. and you can forget the songs as this version is strictly non musical.

this will be a very dark, very sinister version of the book and will hopefully be a big hit with the fans.

now in pre production expect it to hit screens towards the end of 2008

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR NOT?

botankus
As long as the scarecrow, tin man, and lion are massacred by those flying monkeys, fine with me.

Dazzler619
I wonder how this remake will turn out

Cinemaddiction
Doesn't look to be a remake, but more along the lines of the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" re-invisioning. I don't think people will appreciate a darker version of one of the greatest films of all time, but, OK.

JKozzy
A darker version? Hm, this could get interesting. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.. the remake... it looks to be much less dark. I don't think I'm going to like that reinterpretation.

Draco69
Is it the Todd McFarlene remake?

BlondeBombshell
It would be hard to top the original. I don't think it will be as good. It might be interesting, different, but that is one of the greatest films ever made. And god, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", you just can't beat film magic like that....

Red Superfly
When will the misery end.............

KidRock
This is gonna be awesome. Why do people automaticlly asume that a remake is going to suck? or that sequals are bad ideas? Wait until you at least see a preview before being so ignorant roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
yes

BlackC@t
I agree with Kid Rock. Simply because it is a remake, does't mean it will suck. When you judge a movie, don't compare it to the orginal.

The movie sounds cool, definetly something I'll check out.

angelsflame265
I hope so. . .

If they are keeping to the book i'm guessing Dorthy will be a little girl this time?

BlackC@t
I'm wondering if Dorothy will even be in it...

forumcrew
natalie portman for dorthy tim burton for director

SaTsuJiN
yeah I'd go for a darker version of Oz.... I liked return to oz for that reason

enyafreak
through reading the script it seems that

* the tin man will be a very sinister and frightening looking creature. he will be made of bloodstained and rusting tin combined with a fleshy interior. although scary looking he is the softest of the characters.

*the witch of the west will be a complex looking character also. in the book she only has one eye (like a cyclops) but the script suggests that she will have a dead eye. a missing eye thats shes lost somewhere in her life. she doesnt appear till the end of the film but is built in such a dark and mysterious way that as soon as dorothy enters her domain the tension is unbeleivable. her demise will be grusome (think along the lines tohts demise in raiders of the lost ark)

*dorothy is an 11 year old girl

*the munchkins are ugly and and sinister looking

Dazzler619
Sounds like a grim version of it

KidRock
I highly doubt the script is fully done and cut and dry..

Draco69
It IS the Todd McFarlene version. They have a toy line. It looke REALLY cool. Go google it.

botankus
Yeah. If the script is finished and it's still going to be 2008 before it's released then it had better be a $500 million dollar blockbuster.

BlackC@t
The movie sounds REALLY good.

I prefer a younger Dorothy.

Although the Tin-Man sounds cool, I'm just not sure sure about it.

I liked Return to Oz because it was darker then the first.

Can't wait for this movie.

enyafreak
it is NOT the tim mcfarlene film. the script has been written by writers called darren langton, david cullin milner and linda templeton

botankus
Well then provide a link (a.k.a. your own personal home page, perhaps?) for your info. I searched for your writers on Yahoo and came up with jacksquat.

enyafreak
they are relativly unknowns

mr cullin milner wrote and directed many short films including the wonderful 'rain lady'

ragesRemorse
This just proves that NOTHING IS SCARED in the world of film making. everything is about the all mighty dollar. I sincerely hope that everyone involved with this project dies a slow painfull death. I say this often, but only now mean it. If this is true and happens, Hollywood will have hit an all new low. some film warrant a remake, many films do not, but are so out dated it doesnt really matter. Even though i am not a big fan of wizard of oz, i still recognize the kin of impact it has had on peoples imagination, it is a timeless film, it doesnt need a remake or a rehashing. No matter how much you say it isnt a remake, it is still re telling the story. Whe you remake a story it is saying that "ican do it better, or i can update it or i have a better vision" Wizard of oz doesnt need anyof those.

BlackC@t
Google came up with nothing.

OB1-adobe
Call me crazy, but shouldn't remakes be made of movies that kind of came and went, like the Italian Job, and not age old classics.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by enyafreak
all hail 'the wonderful wizard of oz'

the classic book by Baum is to be made into a feature film.

the script has already been written and is causing waves in hollywood as producers rave.

this adaption is said to be the closest version to the book and will be very very dark. and you can forget the songs as this version is strictly non musical.

this will be a very dark, very sinister version of the book and will hopefully be a big hit with the fans.

now in pre production expect it to hit screens towards the end of 2008

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR NOT?

That is awful they can't remake it.Missing around with classics should be consider a sin for god's stake.JM mad

ickeris2003
ok if they are remaking it who will play dorothy? i mean some young stars dont act very good except for some. and is it going to be a musical if not i hope it really is darker, that would be cool.

Stokely
Why is it being hailed as a remake? From what I've read, it's going to be more along the lines of the actual book, what's wrong with that? The first is glorious, yes, but some ppl would still like to see a non-musical film closer to the writings, like "Return To Oz".

That's not to say I don't agree that Hollywood are full of sad roaches filming remakes every ****en week but still, this to me isn't breaking anything sacred unless it aims to be a remake of the film.

mardook
Cool... I just hope it pans out well for the movie. I like the original, being a kid It really captured my imagination.

Filmmaker451
Well remakes aren't always that good but i guess it sounds interesting. The problem is I can't belive they are going to make a remake a very special classic movie. It's a very big risk and a very unthoughful thing to do but hopefully it will turn out very good. I loved the wizard of oz. A darker version would be cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.