what do you think hell is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
What do you think hell should be like??? embarrasment

Ou Be Low hoo
'What do you think hell should be like?' - !?!?!?!?!?!?!

My idea of Hell would be living the life of a Xian...hypocritical, judgemental, devoid of earthly pleasures and behaving like a robot.

SlipknoT
Having sex with rotting hippos carcasses. Or having to listen to Justin Timberlake all day.

debbiejo
My idea would be living the lives of people you hur and reliving their pain , if you weren't sorry.

Philosophicus
Hell is here and now on earth - the daily suffering and tragedies we are faced with; the struggle for survival, the cruelty of nature - kill or be killed - that is hell - life.

KharmaDog
You live an incredibly sad life Philo.

Hell is philo's life.

Philosophicus
And I suppose Heaven is Kharma's life laughing out loud

KharmaDog
No, but it sounds alot more positive than you make yours out to be.

Fire
Hell's seeing all my loved ones die over and over again with me being just too late to save them all.

Philosophicus
No, Hell is like being as unoriginal as KharmaDog!

finti
hell must be 10 years old and spend the night at Neverland

Philosophicus
Hell is when you're having a hard time on the toilet.

finti
never had a hard time on the toilet, but then again I know what comes out where

Philosophicus
I don't believe you - you can't always have a good time on the toilet unless your playing with yourself in there.

finti
if your properly potty trained and you dont eat too much carbon fiber you dont need to play with yourself, I have a female companion whose job is to play with me

Philosophicus
laughing out loud laughing out loud good one. Luckily I'm also married and we love playing with each other (not on the toilet though)

finti
Im not married

Philosophicus
But were you married? I see in the members picture thread you have a daughter.

finti
dont need to be married to have a daughter, we live together and in Norway living together and being married are more or less the same. Only different is a piece of paper and that you call oneanother husband and wife

Napalm
I spent the night there when I was 6 embarrasment

finti
thats brave to admit

Napalm
I still have eastilc marks frome wearing those tights embarrasment

Ou Be Low hoo
Word up, Karmadog... ^ This sounds terribly depressing...Life ain't a perfect circle, but it sure is a ball.

^ Wow...I've never met anyone who suffered form constant diarrhoea before! You must suffer from awful dehydration.

finti
if you eat properly and right you never encounter problems at all

Philosophicus
Very true, well, you have a beautiful daughter - how old is she now? Have you seen mine in the picture forum - she's 2 years old.

finti
mine will be 4 later this month and no I havent been in the picture forum in a while,

Philosophicus
Are they less demanding and throw less tantrums at that age? 'Cause at age 2, as you probably know, they are impossible.

finti
at 3 they think everything evols around them, at 4 that kind of lingers but they still throw fits every now and then. Still as demanding at 4 as at 2.
By the way saw the pivtures after a load of digging. Cute little troll(<- norse name actually and here when refering to kids as trolls it is all positive, cause at age 2-5 they are actually trollsbig grin )

Philosophicus
Trolls - very true and funny! So there's still some 2 years of putting up with these exhaustive troll fits...god help me!

Something of the topic - I'd really like to visit Norway oneday, allthough I'll probably die from the cold, 'cause down here in africa it's hot - we don't know cold. Anyway, am I right in assuming that the Caucasian race (we) originated in Norway?

finti
no people followed the retraction of the glaciers so north of Europe was populated from the southeastern parts of Europe, the Persian areas and so. Then when the glaciers were gone asian tribes settled in and arond the norhtern parts of Norway,Sweden,Finland and Russia. Those desendants are what we today refer to as Laps.
Caucasian race is just another word for a race that you find from Europe down to Afganisthan

Philosophicus
Oh, I probable confused Caucasian with Arian - the Arian (German) race came from Norway, right?

finti
Arian is a Persian word for tall light skinned person, so no Arien are nothing like what the nazi propaganda machine wanted it to be. This is a prime example of what bad research into a word before using it can lead to. A total misinterpretation

Philosophicus
I always suspected the Nazis and Hitler was idiots. By the way, my birthday is on the same day as Hitler and Napoleon - 20 April. eek!

finti
and it is actually aryan

Filth
Hell is mearly a place for the damed

KharmaDog
And the damned even

Philosophicus
What's actually Aryan?

finti
Aryan is the actual word, not Arian

Philosophicus
Oh. But it's not like your spelling is very precise either. yes

finti
that wasnt the point, even I used the word Arian which actually refers to people born under the sign of Aries

Philosophicus
freaky - 20 April fall under Aries!

finti
well it is a diffrence between aryan and arian though.....huge difference

Philosophicus
Yeah, but who cares about the difference anyway both Arian, and Aryan are overrated, right?

lil bitchiness
If there is hell - we are in it right now.

Life is a suffering - birth is a suffering, death is a suffering, illness is suffering, not having what you want is suffering, being separated from what you love is suffering, attachment is suffering, not being able to have everything you watn is suffering...etc.

If something good happens to us - its only short lived - to show us the real happiness, then its taken away and the problems start all over again.

Thus, if there is hell, this is it, folks. I dont NEED to believe in supernatural being and place to torture me - humans are quite capable every of wickedness.

brandino
can you prove to me hell exists i dont want bible excerpts or some bullshit i want legitimate proof

lil bitchiness
Have you even read my post, (or the first post for that matter ) or are you just randomly talking shit?

brandino
probably both

BlackC@t
I think Hell is cold and dark, like a desert at night.

BlackC@t
I know that all too well sad

finti
ever been to france? well if you want proof theres your proof

DreamingWarrior
ahh, so brandino is not just F$@#$$@ around with me, but with all kmc......

And, to be on topic sort of.... hell is kinda what the bible says to Christians, and most other Jesus-believin folk, and the jews..., it is Hades to the Greeks, which embodies eternal torment to you, uhh.... the romans ripped off the greeks, to buddhists it exists not, Vikings saw it as where the dishonored go, the Klingons have a reallllly bad version that involves lots of pain, etc etc etc. No one other than God knows, or if you do not believe in God, well, no one knows. No one has ever been there and back, so it is kinda something you gotta figure out for yourself. Whether a burning lake and eternal torment, or a place for the dishonored, or not getting reincarnated, it is up to you really. You yourself have to decide what is true in life.

Philosophicus
Exactly what I said:

debbiejo
Hell in scripture is not burning in a literal place, but was considered a pit, grave, consciousness, no existence. Gehenna, in the NT originally was a garbage dump just outside Jerusalem, and was used to burn garbage. It was used as a metaphor for something burning up as garbage was burnt up. Not everlasting burning

SaTsuJiN
That statement is incredibly silly.. no expression

anyway.. I agree with Lil.. I think Hell is here on earth.. to a degree.. I'm sure theres someplace (or some time, perhaps in the future) that will be much worse though..

peterKSL
Hell is imaginary, in a state... Hell could be real, in a world of unknowns... Who knows?

lil and philosophicus said that this world we are living is hell, well I would say that this hell is temporarily too.. don't you think? You can adapt to the environment, and learn how to overcome hardship... "If there is a will, there is a way..." quoted by ???? (I don't know who really created this)

If you say that this world is hell... you can eliminate hell easily by dis-activate/destroy your hormones...

To me pain is both heaven and hell... I want to live through it to the fullest extend...!!! You can't find other beauty other than pain itself!!!

bobby_sox
this is hell....

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/2844/39fatgirlmosh4lv.jpg

bobby_sox
or shes at least posessed by the devil laughing

bobby_sox
this might be what hells like as well....

http://www.bfworld.net/davout/Idiot.wmv

debbiejo
Very Strange..^ wacko

Linkalicious
I agree with what Lil had to say for the most part, but I'm slightly more optomistic.

I think that if this place we live in is hell, then it must be heaven as well.

Beautiful places, faces, and artwork are all here. There are wonderful feelings and emotions that people can feel. The exsistance of happiness...though it is short lived....is IMO a sign of heaven.

Love, happiness, joy, warmth, caring....nothing like that can exsist in hell. But it can exsist in "heaven" and though "hell" seems to be where most people spend the majority of their life....a little slice of heaven always seems to find a way of being seen and remembered.

Why do you go about your daily activities? Why do you work, or go to school? Why do you get into relationships or why are you even born for that matter?

Because heaven isn't a place...it's a journey, it's the pursuit of happiness. People go through the daily grind just so at the end of the day they can come home to their little piece of heaven.

So yah...this place sure the hell is purgatory...but it's also a fluffy white cloud with golden gates.

lil bitchiness
Oh dear laugh1

embarrasment

peterKSL
ROFLMAO

What da heck is that guy doing?? LOL

rolling on floor laughing laughing Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Aini
I think Hell is here on earth.
for kids who get raped, for ppl living on the street, for girls who have to prostitute themselfs, girls who get sold like food in the supermarkt, kids who have to work 24 hours a day, ppl living in third world countries, aso...for all of them. hell exists here on earth. every day. all their lifes.

peterKSL
...Hell...

Hell can be imaginary,
Can be reality.
But what we know about it is -
Hell can only be defined of a place,
Of where people are suffering,
Moments after moments after moments...
Nothing more, but just that.
After all, what more do you know about?
It's just hell...

ladygrim
hell leek high skewl is hell ... and ms samuel is the devil

debbiejo
Hell can be a paranoid person trapped in their mind...fear all the time. eek!

Miss_Faye
hell i think is....like waiting in line during summer.....UGH!!!

Lydia_J
Hell is having Summer all year round

Reborn Again
Hell is memory.

peterKSL
What do you mean? Reincarnation? or just events of painful pasts?
By assuming you are saying that hell is in the form of past, hell can be in present form too isn't that right?

GCG
i would think as well that hell is here on earth. the soul remains here in different bodies until it fullfills its destiny

debbiejo
Kinda like the body snatchers..

Reborn Again
The life we live is Hell. And our memory is the storage.

peterKSL
you only mentioned about the past, you left out imagination(future)... and the present... The feeling of the past, doesn't affect you more than the feeling of the present... Memory can only be stated in the past, and not in the present... As for hell, the present is all that matters...

debbiejo
Memory can feel like a hell and some people are trapped there. We should not go there. Living in the present is where you should stay.

peterKSL
If we were to say that what we are living is hell, does that also mean that what we are living is also heaven? Or heaven don't exist at all?

Reborn Again
But we never do. And living in the Present is an illusion, because as soon you realise the Present you're already in the past.

debbiejo
It's training your mind to stay in the present. It's living with all your being when you stay in the present. When you live in the past or even the future, you not using the wholeness that is you. In other words you are fragmented. You must stay in the present to get the most out of life. otherwise life could be hell for you.

Reborn Again
Exactly my argument. WE never stay in the present because first: We are ever concerned about our future, and second: We are worried not to make the same mistakes in our past. So we are never in the present because our mind is always on the future and the past.

debbiejo
But you can train your mind to stay in the present. It's hard word, but pays off. You are using all of who you are when you live in the present.
to live in the past is hell, of course it could be. And people live there because they wish they could of done something different..For the future...they worrie again how they COULD change it or influence it.
For centered wholeness you have to see all three as rolled up into one.
past, present, and future, and act on that. You need to live in the moment. smile

BlackC@t
Hell is not a place that is made of fire and brimstone. Hell is on Earth.

Reborn Again
You just controdicted yourself, Blackcat. If Hell is not a place, how can Earth (a place) be Hell? Can it be an ideal of a evil or a feeling one gets of guilt? As if, if you do "that" you'll go to Hell? So is the idea of Hell a scare tactic?

Player
Yes, hell is on earth - it's a metaphor to say that life is hell - suffering etc.

Reborn Again
If life is hell, why do we suffer? What is the purpose of suffering?

KharmaDog
Hell is in your mind, life is what you make of it.

Player
Life is in the mind - the mind determines life in a subjective sense. And there is no purpose of suffering or purpose to life in any universal/absolute sense - God is not aware of the existence of his creatures.

debbiejo
Hell is living in either the past with all it's misery, or in the future by worrying about that which has not happened yet.

Reborn Again
Hmm, so you disclaim Genesis? Are you a Darwinian? Or other?

i think hell is death

finti
hell is a place you hope your in laws end up

peterKSL
"hope your in laws end up" eleborate that....

finti
well Peter why dont you take time and try to philosophize over it, maybe you find it to be a familiarity to something

peterKSL
Maybe tommorow... I don't have much time left unfortunately... erm

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
hell is a place you hope your in laws end up

You no likie your in-laws...

Hell is knockin your head against the wall, because the devil has a pitch fork and you didn't see it.

debbiejo
Hell is a place you go where there are no attorneys., Or is that heaven blink

BullitNutz
Hell is where pretty much everyone lives in misery, but perhaps there are a few people with power and they don't have it so bad.

Heaven, well, everyone's equal.

:sigh: I need to stop injecting politics into everything I say.

I don't really believe in the heaven and hell, as I'm a Taoist.

finti
so I will be god there then

Traitor
No god is above the rest (arrogant bastard). Hell is simply a condition you experience when you are out of control of a horrible situation.

Traitor
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Hmm, so you disclaim Genesis? Are you a Darwinian? Or other?

It's not either a case of Creationism vs Darwinism/evolution. Atheists can have many other view points - like scepticism for instance.

finti
guess the following aint right then
rsa

Traitor
wtf is rsa - are you swearing at me, well rsa and screw you too!

finti
ever heard of initials?. I see a lot of poeple signing their post with initials so why not me, unless you think rsa stand for something else, by the way nice sig Philo

Traitor
Oh, well I made my own sig with Microsoft Paint. What is a sig Philo? Don't you just call it a sig?

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Traitor
I really don't understand your aggression towards me. I'm a new member and I get treated like this?!

PVS
laughing out loud

debbiejo
Can't we stay on topic and quit harassing other posters.

PVS
hell doesnt exist
metaphorically yes...to people who's lives GENUINELY suck,
like in third world and/or war torn countries. but an actual fire and brimstone,
souls roasting forever and ever? naaaaaa i think its just bullshit.

LordFear
I agree Hell doesn't exists in the physical or metaphysical sense. The Roman Catholic Church (among other crap they conceived in trying to tame the masses) concocted this in order to keep it's followers in check.
If you recall there is a period in time when the Church would promise that if someone paid a certain amount to the Church's funds, they were guaranteed life in Heaven.Clearly we now know that to be utter crap.

ms_erupt
Originally posted by debbiejo

Are you're asking what I think hell is like? Because if you're asking that I have no answer because I don't believe in hell.

If you're asking what hell should be like then that's pretty cool because I've always that if there was a heaven and hell that everyone would have their own personalized version. I mean, what's hell to one person might be heaven to the next right? (Actually, that whole theory is a lot of WHY I don't believe in heaven and hell.)

But, to answer the question. My own hell would be reliving the worse moments in my life over and over with really bad background music. stick out tongue

debbiejo
I think it was called indulgences. Today you pay money to have a mass said for your departed ones, to pray them out of purgatory, limbo, or something..

ms_erupt
Originally posted by Philosophicus
Hell is here and now on earth - the daily suffering and tragedies we are faced with; the struggle for survival, the cruelty of nature - kill or be killed - that is hell - life.

I'm going to disagree and label that purgatory.

Darth Revan
Hell is most likely one of two things--way more fun than heaven, or a figment of somebody's imagination. erm

ms_erupt
Originally posted by brandino
can you prove to me hell exists i dont want bible excerpts or some bullshit i want legitimate proof

Yeah, this is like the 3rd time in a row I've posted something here. But, three words. Argumentum ad Ignorantiam.

debbiejo
? What do you mean?

ms_erupt
? What do you mean?

Who are you asking?

debbiejo
You... smile

Darth Revan
Originally posted by ms_erupt
Yeah, this is like the 3rd time in a row I've posted something here. But, three words. Argumentum ad Ignorantiam.

What he said was HARDLY ignorant. Lazy maybe for not reading the rest of the thread, but I don't believe that he said what he did out of lack of knowledge. Just curious, can you give any legitimate scientific proof that Hell exists?

debbiejo
Are you're asking what I think hell is like? Because if you're asking that I have no answer because I don't believe in hell.

If you're asking what hell should be like then that's pretty cool because I've always that if there was a heaven and hell that everyone would have their own personalized version. I mean, what's hell to one person might be heaven to the next right? (Actually, that whole theory is a lot of WHY I don't believe in heaven and hell.)

But, to answer the question. My own hell would be reliving the worse moments in my life over and over with really bad background music. stick out tongue

You got the thread question right...It was what do you think hell should be like....Most people said what they think it is.....

Good for you.

I wish hell is being put in the shoes of the ones your hurt purposly.Let them relive the pain they caused everyone..

ms_erupt
Originally posted by Darth Revan
What he said was HARDLY ignorant. Lazy maybe for not reading the rest of the thread, but I don't believe that he said what he did out of lack of knowledge. Just curious, can you give any legitimate scientific proof that Hell exists?

*sigh* I'm NOT calling him or her ignorant. Argumentum ad Ignorantiam is a commonly used arguing fallacy. To say that something is true simply on the basis that it hasn't been proven false or that it is false simply because it hasn't been proven true.

I'm sure most people, most definately myself, have done this.

Darth Revan
*sigh* I'm NOT calling him or her ignorant. Argumentum ad Ignorantiam is a commonly used arguing fallacy. To say that something is true simply on the basis that it hasn't been proven false or that it is false simply because it hasn't been proven true.

I realize you weren't calling him ignorant per se... Though I assumed it meant arguing about something of which one has little prior knowledge. My apologies.

debbiejo
Boy don't I feel stupid... embarrasment

ms_erupt
You got the thread question right...It was what do you think hell should be like....Most people said what they think it is.....

Good for you.

I wish hell is being put in the shoes of the ones your hurt purposly.Let them relive the pain they caused everyone..

Why thank you.

As for your version of hell, I think that it would be more hellish in that with living OTHER'S misery caused by you you'd be even more miserable seeing that you caused it. Well, if you're the type of person to feel bad about it. Which I am. sad

ms_erupt
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I realize you weren't calling him ignorant per se... Though I assumed it meant arguing about something of which one has little prior knowledge. My apologies.

I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to give anyone the wrong idea.

Loving_Daniel11
When I saw Constantine that thoroughly described what I think hell looks like.

leonheartmm
i dont really know what hell looks like but it cant be worse than the life i have right now.

Loving_Daniel11
Id have to agree with that one.

Deano
hell is at west brom! SHIT, ..heaven is at molineux and thats where i come from

Loving_Daniel11
Then why did you move if you are miserable? I was born here, am being raised here, and have a feeling I'll never leave here. lol.

Sicky666

Wet...very wet...

Or secondly could be dark and only Chaotic, but then you should know more about Absu...

Loving_Daniel11
Why wet? I just wondering. I believe its FIREY, very firey.

Sicky666
Why you think it burns? Does Chaos burn? Does the Abyss burn? No it doesn't at all. The abyss is known as the sea and is also called Apsu, but the hell is just a manifestation, filled with creatures which I prefer to call art. The Daemon Sultan for example resides in the center of Chaos, which we all know, and I believe this entity now tranced at the moment so no harm can come from it. Anyway, my point is that the hell is more like a state and not an burning thing, but more about this can be found in Crowley's work...

Darth Odious
Originally posted by Sicky666
Why you think it burns? Does Chaos burn? Does the Abyss burn? No it doesn't at all. The abyss is known as the sea and is also called Apsu, but the hell is just a manifestation, filled with creatures which I prefer to call art. The Daemon Sultan for example resides in the center of Chaos, which we all know, and I believe this entity now tranced at the moment so no harm can come from it. Anyway, my point is that the hell is more like a state and not an burning thing, but more about this can be found in Crowley's work... I think Crowley was nothing more than a sociopathic freak with severe case of megalonania. His works are a drunken mix of every concept of self empowerment. It never worked since he was took weak willed to quit heroin which he readily admitted, and which eventually killed him, no wonder everyone turned his back him. That's what probrably drove Lavey to a more secular humanistic aproach. No offense Sicky, just making an opinion.drunk

Darth Odious
Originally posted by Darth Odious
I think Crowley was nothing more than a sociopathic freak with severe case of megalomania. His works are a drunken mix of every concept of self empowerment. It never worked since he was too weak willed to quit heroin which he readily admitted, and which eventually killed him, no wonder everyone turned his back him. That's what probrably drove Lavey to a more secular humanistic aproach. No offense Sicky, just making an opinion.drunk uh I have no clue what i just did to quote my self so I ask everyone to forget you saw it.
This was of course was brought you by Coke....drink the shitcoke

Tassie
Isn't this more a religious question? confused

debbiejo
uh I have no clue what i just did to quote my self so I ask everyone to forget you saw it.
This was of course was brought you by Coke....drink the shitcoke

blink

NO..This is quite entertaining.

finti
hell is you run to the store right before closing time on a Saturday and they are all out of beer

peterKSL
Originally posted by finti
hell is you run to the store right before closing time on a Saturday and they are all out of beer

drink the shitcoke

wink

Miss_Faye
beautiful....smile

SlipknoT
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/10.gif

Loving_Daniel11
nice

tabby999
its obvious what hell is. a simple plan concert

debbiejo
If there is a hell where do you think hell is...I mean really. Is it in the middle of the earth.? Is it on the planet Mercury? Is it out in space? Is it in another dimension? Guesses anyone?

Shadwofathought
Well, There is a problem with the "hell is really, you being in someone else's shoes so you can see the torment you caused them". Quite a few people who are sent to hell would enjoy that type of thing. Which is the exact opposite of what hell is supposed to be. You have to have a conscious or a heart to be tormented by such treatment. Those without a heart or conscious would just laugh at all the pain that was caused. Which leads one to believe what logically follows, Hell is just a form of control made up by the some religious groups to scare people who have hearts/consciouses into acting certain ways.

hell is supposedly a religious-based place. But people are trying to say that the Bible tells us about it. All that is said in the Bible is that on judgement day, those who were accepted into Heaven burned forever. A pile of ash from a fire smokes for a long time, which means it is still burning. What's to say that those who aren't accepted into Heaven are just reduced to nothing but a pile of ash that's smoking. They cease to exist.

The main problem with the thought of Hell is that it was supposedly placed into existence by the same God that openly (and repeatedly) expresses love for ALL OF US. If God truly loves all of us why would he want to see any of us suffer for eternity? This discussion has a lot of other discussions all tangled up in it as you have to believe that God truly loves every one of us and that is about a lifetime worth of discussion.

Shadow of a Thought

debbiejo
I finally figured it out!! Hell was invented by the "Baptist" cult. They invented it so if you don't believe and join them, you will be wreathing in fire, with a "devil" torturing you on the rack and a spit, and drag you around, gut you and re-gut you all while you a burning with your skin falling off and then regrowing and then burning off again, and carrying around large boulders up a hill only to have it fall down to the bottom, and having sex with you forever and ...whewww...Baptists are scary.

fulcilives
hell dated way back to the greeks 'hades' lord of the underworld and tartarus- it's all crap made up hell doesn't exist and even if it did i would love it there

peterKSL
Originally posted by Shadwofathought
If God truly loves all of us why would he want to see any of us suffer for eternity?

I have come to this conclusion a year ago... we, indeed have something in common...

Darth Jello
I have a feeling that this thread needs to discuss Gnosticism and the original defenition of Hell-the abscence of god.

debbiejo
I agree....I have been doing some reading on the Gnostic..They are thought to be the True teaching of what Jesus was teaching before the Church got involved and made it a heresy to believe such a thing. The Gnostics hold Paul in high regard and Paul's other writing are not included in scripture, but I have them...They are truly Gnostic along with some of James other writingsthat weren't included either. The church threw out the Gnostic teaching and burned them because it would be harder to control the people...The Gnostic don't have a person in charge like a pope. They teach you don't need one to "know" God. It's a personal journey. I'll have to go back and see what they teach about hell..If I remember right, it's not a burning place for eternity for the condemned.

leonheartmm
u can probably ony believe in hell if u believe in god an there are many many things that are wrong with even the concept of a god existin, so i dont really believe that hell exists

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>