Storm VS crystal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
What about a fight between the two women who can control the elements.

storm can control the elements of the storm and crystal can control the elements of nature.

who would win, i give this fight to storm because i think that her powers are better and because i think she has better fighting skills

DarkCrawler
Storm.

Draco69
Storm can control the weather. Crystal can control the four elements : wind, earth, fire and water. I'm leaning on Crystal.

illadelph12
Crystal sure can't control lightning or extreme cold. And Storm is a much better trained fighter.

Storm would win.

demigawd
This is a good fight. I haven't read much of Crystal, but she's shown more power than Storm. But Storm is a better fighter than Crystal and has more of a ruthless edge. So I give it to her in a nail biter.

who?-kid
I agree with demigawd.

K Von Doom
Crystal is an inhuman isn't she?

muffin man
crystal cause if all else fails lockjaw will help her

stormfront13
I was reading a comic where storm snuffed out the human torches flame with a big gust of wind , so unless storm was cuaght way off guard then crystals flames couldn't work. storm could fight wind with wind so that would be a worthless cause. Storm might be able to blow crystals water away so that might not work, the only way she might be able to hurt storm is with the earth or fighting hand to combat, whichi think that storm is a way better fighter. I think storm is better in all areas.

muffin man
crystal creates earthquakes.

bitca730
Considering Storm flies 98% of the time, i dont think it will matter much...

Blood_Rayne
Storm because she has better control over her power.

Blair Wind
What the f**k? says who? Crystal can control molecules thirty miles away, create energy flares, tap into the magnetic field and control gravity as well as her more known powers.....Ima go with Crystal here..

MrHeavySilence
From what Blair Wind has described, Crystal is definitely the winner. Although, the magnetic field isn't really elemental. Also, nice Heavy Arms avatar

superbatman86
Storm.Just because I hate that **** Crystal mad

wannabe
Crystal clearly has the edge in versatility, but that doesn't mean she is more powerful or stronger. Storm is surely the better fighter and has much more combat experience with her powers and in h2h fights.
It will certainly be a glorious battle and i'd say Ororo will win eventually - though it will be close.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
From what Blair Wind has described, Crystal is definitely the winner. Although, the magnetic field isn't really elemental. Also, nice Heavy Arms avatar

Ive got scans....her powers seem to encompass anything "natural" basically she can control all types of things....its wierd...but I see her having more of a win than Storm...

stormfront13
storm has expierence with fighting opponents that can control magnetic fields, and gravity. hell, even storm herself can tap into magnetic fields.

Mindship
I'm not that familiar with Crystal, but I recall her as Johnny's age, young, powerful, but not at the peak of her power.

Storm, on the other hand, is older and maybe, maybe, has an edge in battle experience (don't kid yourselves; Crys has been through a lot). Storm also flies. Does Crystal fly?

Storm: 2/3

manjaro
Crystal is an elemental in the true sense of the word not just the four but rather everyone thats on the periodic chart....she is basically a mini version of molecule man...cuz thats what she does she mixes and matches, and transmutes molecules to create whatever effects she desires..so she can do EVERYTHING that storm can and then some...its just cuz she's not as popular nobody is gonna pick her.plus her being an inhuman those ppl sit around and combat practice every single day in the event that someone invades them so she may not have a lot of in-battle experience as storm does but she's way more versatile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by demigawd
but she's shown more power than Storm.

Completely untrue.

Storm wins.

DarkCrawler
Storm takes the majority here.

stormfront13
Originally posted by manjaro
Crystal is an elemental in the true sense of the word not just the four but rather everyone thats on the periodic chart....she is basically a mini version of molecule man...cuz thats what she does she mixes and matches, and transmutes molecules to create whatever effects she desires..so she can do EVERYTHING that storm can and then some

she may be able to do this...but she has almost no experience at all doing so.

she is only more versatile in the powers she can hardly use. her main basic powers are the four elements and limited weather control. since weather attacks have basically no affect on storm, and she can control 2 of the elements and has very good defense against the other two, and can hardly control her elemental powers she isn't ahead in the versatility department to the point it will make a huge difference.

overall storm has.....
1)more control over her powers
2)more battle and fighting expierence
3)waaay better fighting skills
4)more tactical and leading expierence

Blair Wind
Originally posted by stormfront13
she may be able to do this...but she has almost no experience at all doing so.

What the f**k? who ever said she couldnt use them? Shes made clothes out of thin air, cleaned up EVERY molecule of pollution in a thiry mile raduis, lifted up a city, mixed water vapor and lava, moved molecules around so electricity wouldnt hurt her, made her siesmic powers airborne (not using the actual earth) created an energy flare in space, tapped into the magnetic field, created ice, hurricane force winds, pulled so much water into from the sky that it looked like a sea had fallen, at least according to Cap. Whos says she cant use her powers?

Mindship
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What the f**k? who ever said she couldnt use them? Shes made clothes out of thin air, cleaned up EVERY molecule of pollution in a thiry mile raduis, lifted up a city, mixed water vapor and lava, moved molecules around so electricity wouldnt hurt her, made her siesmic powers airborne (not using the actual earth) created an energy flare in space, tapped into the magnetic field, created ice, hurricane force winds, pulled so much water into from the sky that it looked like a sea had fallen, at least according to Cap. Whos says she cant use her powers?

Respect Crystal thread, anyone?

Blood_Rayne
Respect Storm thread, anyone?

Blair Wind
I got the scans....Ill see what I can do when I get back from my cruise....

stormfront13
What the f**k? who ever said she couldnt use them?

no, i never said she couldn't use them, i said she doesn't have as much experience with them as she does her primary earth element powers.

so has storm

so has storm

so has storm

so has storm

storm can control water vapor as well, and could do the same affect using a tsunami

it'd be a good idea

another good idea, both crystal and storm are very underrated

Blair Wind
whao....storm made CLOTHES outa thin air? not CLOUDS? Clothes as in like super herione spandex?

Blair Wind
but still energy flares in space, siesmic powers, and yes she does know how to use them well...actually in the scans I have of her shes doing them reletively easily....

stormfront13
whao....storm made CLOTHES outa thin air? not CLOUDS? Clothes as in like super herione spandex?

yep, real clothes. also she has even changed her street clothes into her uniform by affecting the molecules with electricity or something like that, I'll have to check. and seismic powers are nothing, storm has fought people with similar powers countless times, and storm has force-fields as well.

GalacticStorm
but still energy flares in space, siesmic powers, and yes she does know how to use them well...actually in the scans I have of her shes doing them reletively easily....

Storm has created and controlled a hyperstorm across the entire eastern coast of the U.S, Storm has created and manipulated solar winds and solar energy matrices in space. In the Trion dimension she has manipulated otherdimensional energies for offensive purposes, she can tap into the electromagnetic spectrum also and can unleash e.m.p waves. Her powers arent limited to weather control, she psionically manipulates ambient energy patterns.

leonidas
hmm, this is a really close fight. one seismic blast to storm's head would end it in a hurry though, and nothing storm has would prevent it. and yes -- she can direct the blast and it need not manifest as an earthquake. she one-shotted a kree sentinel with it, so i see no reason to think she couldn't ko storm with a shot. crys has also shown herself immune to electricity, (though not to level of a full lightning bolt so i'm not sure if she could handle a full blast) and has also shown the ability to CONTROL -- not produce -- lightning.

it seems to me that crys could counter (or render less than completely effective) most of storm's attacks. even if storm proved to have a little more control over the natural elements -- not saying she would, i see no reason to believe a mutant would have more power than an inhuman, but she MAY have a slight experience advantage -- it would still be very close and a struggle for her. crys's one advantage is her earth control. she's not terrax, but she does have great power over earth (going so far as to animate earth creatures and have them fight for her). along with her seismic powers i think this is the main difference between the 2. i give a slight edge to crys.

manjaro
how could somebody say that crystal has no experience in using her powers...well read galactic storm vol 1 and 2 and see how she completely owned in the kree empire.....Even with the likes of hercules, and hawkeye as goliath, and even Iron man her attackers aimed for she and Her(that goddes chick) and even mentioned that they are the most powerful of the group

her only downfall is that he hasnt had an ass load of exposure like storm has thats why ppl who dont rate her, thier knowledge of her is vague at best....dont get me wrong storm is no push over, but matched with someone who can do everything she can, and then some, the best she can hope for is to hold out til help arrives.. anything storm throws at her she can either re direct or outright negate....and dont forget those super powerful force fields she can create....i ve seen make them out of many layers of solidified air(ala sue storm) and the regular EM type ones (ala magneto) im willing to assume that iit is more than within her power to combine the two...

and even so storm doesnt whip up weather out of no where she affects the patterns that are naturally existent, while for crystal its just a matter of manipulating molecules..also when i said she was a mini version of molecule man that was neither exaggerations or hyperbole she really is that powerful....her only limit is her imagination... SEACREST OUT!!

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, this is a really close fight. one seismic blast to storm's head would end it in a hurry though, and nothing storm has would prevent it. and yes -- she can direct the blast and it need not manifest as an earthquake. she one-shotted a kree sentinel with it, so i see no reason to think she couldn't ko storm with a shot. crys has also shown herself immune to electricity, (though not to level of a full lightning bolt so i'm not sure if she could handle a full blast) and has also shown the ability to CONTROL -- not produce -- lightning.

A seismic blast through the air could be nullified through Storms control over the atmosphere, she has in Uncanny X-men for example been shown to be able to block sound waves, dependent on the distance i see no reason why Storm couldnt nullify or at least greatly reduce the effects of such an attack on herself.

Also, where has crystal shown herself to be immune to electricity? I could find no mention of that in her bios, would you happen to have any issue numbers?

it seems to me that crys could counter (or render less than completely effective) most of storm's attacks. even if storm proved to have a little more control over the natural elements -- not saying she would, i see no reason to believe a mutant would have more power than an inhuman, but she MAY have a slight experience advantage -- it would still be very close and a struggle for her. crys's one advantage is her earth control. she's not terrax, but she does have great power over earth (going so far as to animate earth creatures and have them fight for her). along with her seismic powers i think this is the main difference between the 2. i give a slight edge to crys.

Crystal, could reduce the efficiency of some of Storms attacks, however the same holds true for Storm. None of Crystals attacks operate at the power level or range of Storms, whilst she could indeed blunt some of the force, a relentless attack would overwhelm her eventually, no doubt.

GalacticStorm
how could somebody say that crystal has no experience in using her powers...well read galactic storm vol 1 and 2 and see how she completely owned in the kree empire.....Even with the likes of hercules, and hawkeye as goliath, and even Iron man her attackers aimed for she and Her(that goddes chick) and even mentioned that they are the most powerful of the group

Read again and you'll see i never said that once. This is wrongly directed. I have no doubt that Crystal is powerful, but that is irrelevant in this battle because if raw power was the deciding factor then Storm would be victor, however that is not the case.

her only downfall is that he hasnt had an ass load of exposure like storm has thats why ppl who dont rate her, thier knowledge of her is vague at best....dont get me wrong storm is no push over, but matched with someone who can do everything she can, and then some, the best she can hope for is to hold out til help arrives.. anything storm throws at her she can either re direct or outright negate....and dont forget those super powerful force fields she can create....i ve seen make them out of many layers of solidified air(ala sue storm) and the regular EM type ones (ala magneto) im willing to assume that iit is more than within her power to combine the two...

Crystal cannot do everything Storm can, that is far from the case. Crystal cannot manipulate and generate electricity on anywhere near the scale Storm can, Crystal cannot manipulate wind on the scale Storm can, she can only create her own mini (relatively) effect as opposed to Storm being able to do the same AND manipulate and control the ambient weather systems which could engulf the battlefield. Storm too can create forcefields of condensed air as well, powerful enough to punch through mountains.

and even so storm doesnt whip up weather out of no where she affects the patterns that are naturally existent, while for crystal its just a matter of manipulating molecules..also when i said she was a mini version of molecule man that was neither exaggerations or hyperbole she really is that powerful....her only limit is her imagination... SEACREST OUT!!

Nope, that is very much hyperbole. Crystal is exponentially more limited both in terms of the type of matter (her being limited to the "four elements) which she can affect and the amount of matter she can affect:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7582/officialhandbookofthemarveluni.th.jpg

Thats like me saying X-man has psionic powers, the only limit is his imagination so now hes Phoenix. So it would seem matter type and amount are her defined limits. Hyperbole.

As for Storm only being able to deal with weather patterns as they naturally exist, thats more to do with her not being able to create effects which arent inherent to her environment for example she couldnt create temperatures of solar intensity on Earth or temperatures significantly below zero. Or she couldnt create rainfall in one area without robbing moisture from another. But in the saem way crystal is limited to the four basic elements of fire eath air and water, so her attacks are dependent on the abundancy of those elements in the environment shes fighting in. They both have their limits.

She has more precise control for sure over the effects they share, but its not anywhere near the scale of Storms effects, interms of both power and range. It would be a long battle, but i just feel Storm would have the edge due to experience and greater raw power.

leonidas
had you shown up to JUDGE the finals match (like you were supposed to, no??) you could have followed along and checked out all the scans. bw posted the scan of crys being immune to an electrical attack. check out the first set of scans. she has also created/manipulated a cosmic energy flare, created a costume for herself and black widow and a few other things that show she can go beyond the simple four elements. you of all people should know the limits of bios . . .

i'm still not prepared to say storm has greater overall power. she has more on-panel feats, no doubt but still -- i see no reason why she should be more powerful.

basically crys has more versatility than you are giving her credit for, and a source of power -- earth control -- that storm has no answer for. she blunts everything storm throws and bides her time until she takes her out with earth. crys 6/10

GalacticStorm
had you shown up to JUDGE the finals match (like you were supposed to, no??) you could have followed along and checked out all the scans. bw posted the scan of crys being immune to an electrical attack. check out the first set of scans. she has also created/manipulated a cosmic energy flare, created a costume for herself and black widow and a few other things that show she can go beyond the simple four elements. you of all people should know the limits of bios . . .

I explained myself to Dizzle the creator of said tournament so there is no need to reference my non participation. Some of us do have real world duties to attend to. wink

I'll check out the scans of crystals supposed immunity to electricity and i'll get back to you. Im betting its nothing but a resistance, or her applying her powers to counter an electric blast. Either way such a major ability would be referred to if it was inherent to her biology and not an application of her powers.

Storm too has manipulated cosmic energy on a variety of occassions. As aforementioned her power is to psionically manipulate energy patterns, on Earth she primarily manipulates those that dictate the planets weather, however she is not limited to them.

Was it stated what she made her costumes out of? For all we know it could have been a composite of any of the four basic elements shes officially limited to.

i'm still not prepared to say storm has greater overall power. she has more on-panel feats, no doubt but still -- i see no reason why she should be more powerful.

Crystal can create minor elemental effects by the manipulation of a limited matter type and limited matter amount. She hasnt been shown to be able to manipulate anywhere near the amount of raw energy Storm has and the effective range of her powers is considerably less than Storm who can manipulate weather systems coast wide at least. All this is supported by Crystals lower energy projection rating. A 4 compared to Storms 5, the difference being Storm has longer range and duration with which she can employ her power.

basically crys has more versatility than you are giving her credit for, and a source of power -- earth control -- that storm has no answer for. she blunts everything storm throws and bides her time until she takes her out with earth. crys 6/10

Crystal does have more versatility, but thats not to say Storm isnt versatile herself. They both can nullify alot of each others attacks, however Storms powers operate over a greater range and at a greater potency. Storms manipulates the atmosphere whilst Crystal manipulates a limited amount of matter for a specific effect. Storm could overpower her. Is Crystal really going to be able to simultaneously attack Storm effectively with her earth powers and blunt off what she can from Storms elemental attacks? I doubt that very much.

leonidas
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I explained myself to Dizzle the creator of said tournament so there is no need to reference my non participation. Some of us do have real world duties to attend to. wink

I'll check out the scans of crystals supposed immunity to electricity and i'll get back to you. Im betting its nothing but a resistance, or her applying her powers to counter an electric blast. Either way such a major ability would be referred to if it was inherent to her biology and not an application of her powers.

Storm too has manipulated cosmic energy on a variety of occassions. As aforementioned her power is to psionically manipulate energy patterns, on Earth she primarily manipulates those that dictate the planets weather, however she is not limited to them.

Was it stated what she made her costumes out of? For all we know it could have been a composite of any of the four basic elements shes officially limited to.

Crystal can create minor elemental effects by the manipulation of a limited matter type and limited matter amount. She hasnt been shown to be able to manipulate anywhere near the amount of raw energy Storm has and the effective range of her powers is considerably less than Storm who can manipulate weather systems coast wide at least. All this is supported by Crystals lower energy projection rating. A 4 compared to Storms 5, the difference being Storm has longer range and duration with which she can employ her power.

Crystal does have more versatility, but thats not to say Storm isnt versatile herself. They both can nullify alot of each others attacks, however Storms powers operate over a greater range and at a greater potency. Storms manipulates the atmosphere whilst Crystal manipulates a limited amount of matter for a specific effect. Storm could overpower her. Is Crystal really going to be able to simultaneously attack Storm effectively with her earth powers and blunt off what she can from Storms elemental attacks? I doubt that very much.

easy my friend -- i was just hacking on you a little bit about the tourny. smile

here's the electricity scan. it's from an issue of the ff -- can't remember the number. i'm the what who provided bw the scan.

Electricity wont work on them
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys38hm.jpg

the electricity attack was strong enough to harm ben at an early juncture in the story arc. the guy was basically a hologram which was why she disrupted him with water. here's the rest of the scans so you don't need to look them up (there are others though, posted throughout the tourny thread):

Here Triton mentions that her abilities are most formidable of all people there. There are guys like *Thunderstrike*, Hercules and Namor there.
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?...crystal20fa.gif

makes everyone unstable (including thunderstrike)
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/...ture10066vc.jpg

Electricity wont work on them
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys38hm.jpg

now a total of 7 of my characters can control gravity (and 4 can control magnetism)
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys57mf.jpg

numbers are always with me:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys83wf.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys92mq.jpg

she can effect electricity:
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys107zy.jpg

hurricane force winds:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys131wm.jpg

she can control all types of energy (shown by having to create an energy flare in space):
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys150hl.jpg

she can create ice:
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys164kn.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys173qy.jpg

her seismic powers can be more than just on earth
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys186xq.jpg

blocking a shot from exodus with just a lift of her hand:
http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys194po.jpg

now the greatest ones:
http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crys114mf.jpg
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crsy122gt.jpg

if both are fighting for control over an element, i still see no reason to think storm would be able to control wind better, for instance, than crys could. perhaps over a wider area, but if crys can combat her abilities in the area in which they fight, she doesn't NEED cross-continental/global control. the energy flare she created encircled the planet on which arkon lived -- it was a MASSIVE amount of energy. that in itself is a great display. i also see no reason to think she would be unable to affect storm's physiology by say dropping her body temp, or perhaps drawing the water from storm's body and dehydrating her very quickly or drawing the oxygen from her blood. none of these things could storm defend. also, you say storm affects the atmosphere -- crys does something similiar, but her control is at the molecular level. is storm's macro-control, greater than crys's micro-control? i see no reason to believe so.

it's also possible her seismic bolt would be unaffected by storm's attempt at defense -- if the bolt is psionic in nature (which it would almost have to be as it is traveling through the air) she wouldn't be able to hinder it and it would kill her.

again, imo she could counter/blunt anything storm can throw. storm cannot do the same. crys just bides her time until she is able to affect storm's physiology or hit her with a seismic wave. storm is still very capable and has better mobility, but crys's versatility is her advantage methinks. wink

coosie
Wow, I knew Crystal is powerful but I never imagined that she is that powerful. How about Storm vs Crystal vs Meggan?

stormfront13
does anyone else think it's time to make some respect threads for the women in comics? like...

storm
dagger
raven
crystal
dazzler(she's super underrated)
starfire
invisible woman(as much as i don't like her she deserves one)
elektra

and many more. seriously this board is basically pro-male characters and most of the women are underrated

Tshern
It is because men are superior to women, lol.

stormfront13
Originally posted by Tshern
It is because men are superior to women, lol.

most of them are portrayed that way in comics, but in real life it's far from the truth

Faceman
I can't decide.. confused

J4EVA
I think Storm would win. She can suck crystal in a tornadoe or something in that nature. Even though Crystal can control the Wind I dont think she can protect herself from gail force winds, lightning bolts, hailstones at the same time.

If crystal decided to manipulate the earth to protect her (I dunno wrap it around her or something) Storm can summon electricity from the earth and zap her a**.

If Crystal tried to burn storm- Easily put out with an instant monsoon or an instant blizzard.

If Crystal decided to use water- Are you kidding me a gust of win would send it back. Storm can manipulate condensation, she can evaporate that sh** and send it back as a hail storm.

Anyway, Storm has limited immunity to most atmosperic and elemental conditions. Trying to freeze her wont really help. Iceman has frozen her and she simply blasted her way out with a single bolt .She wont be burned easy, Trying to wet her is just ridiculous. Earth wont really have an effect for someone who can fly. Wind can deflect any debree Crystal decides to throw at her.

H2H Storm would definitely Win. She is an experianced fighter trained by wolverine.

To put it down to it, Storm can handle and control alot more power then Crystal can. She can create and disperse multiple tornadoes with ease while creating Thunderstorms AND Strong Winds.

Storm Wins

Properwave
I'm with Crystal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.