Magneto vs. Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Empath
nopityI think magneto is a hearld level. He has the ability to be destroyed and still live. That is a distinct advantage even over the hearlds who can't be harmed but if they are they die.
Firelord has more power. Magneto has more sustanence.
What do you think?

demigawd
Hard to say. I don't think it was ever clearly defined what Firelord's fire actually is. If it's something Magneto can control or block, then Firelord is in big trouble, because his entire offense and defense is based on that. If it's something Magneto cannot block or control, then Magneto is totally helpless. The result of the battle would depend ENTIRELY on that on factor.

Then again, Spider-Man beat up Firelord, and I'm sure Magneto could hit Firelord with metal with more impact that Spider-Man hit him with his fists, so, who knows?

Draw.

muffin man
FIRElord

who?-kid
Depends on the situation, but if they run into each other, I'd say Firelord.

But I'm not sure.

Mainstream
Firelord

Beyonder
Ever heard of bad writting? A herald getting pounding by a street level hero? Spidey actually used water to weaken Firelord, which is stupid since his flames are created by his power cosmic. Water shouldn't do a thing to Firelord. Spidey's also beaten Surfer Carnage. His fist actually did damage to Surfer with the Carnage symbiote in control.

Firelord takes this. His flames are Power Cosmic. He controls fire as Terrax controls the ground.

IRTMU-Dragon
Did we not debate this in Magneto vs Human torch?

Fire produces electromagnetic waves, based on Thermal Expansion at a rate of Electromagnetic waves producing atoms, he can, indeed, control Fire-lord and his power.

Beyonder
laughing So he can override someone with the Power Cosmic? You're essentially saying Magneto's mutant powers > Firelord's Power Cosmic.

Again, I say laughing ...

demigawd
Now, we all know that I'm Magneto's biggest supporter on this board, being intimately familiar with his history and all his battles. That said, there's a world of difference between Torch and Firelord. Firelord's fire, as I recently discovered, isn't actually fire. It's some sort of "cosmic concoction of Galactus' power" or some such (Surfer described it). That's why it works in space and underwater.

The problem is that, aside from that vague description, we have absolutely nothing else to go on about what exactly that power is. So until I know, I can't make a call one way or the other.

IRTMU-Dragon
If it has any esscense of actual being to it, it produces some sort of magnetism, everything on this earth does, because its composed of atoms or some sort of wave, which in turn produces controllable ions.

IRTMU-Dragon
In truth, the entire earth is a big magnet.

demigawd
I agree with you. That's how Magneto would be able to block Firelord's flame. But dont' assume that everything produces ions. For all we know, it could simply have negative charges. Either way, I don't know whether Magneto could override energy of an unknown type from its user when its user is cosmically endowed. I'd like to think so, but it would be tough.

Draco69
I really don't care. I think Firelord is really lame. Firestorm ripoff.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/f/firelord.htm

Hope this helps whoever and whatever.

K Von Doom
Firelord's flame is powerful enough to harm Dormammu.

USAgent
Firelord here, But it be a great battle indeed.

And just incase everyone didnt know, Firelord can control the power cosmic is various ways, just like all the herolds can, not just fire. He just prefers to use his power cosmic through fire.

also its been said that with his staff he could fire a blast of flame equal to that of a sun- Maggie might get a bit toasty under the collar there

demigawd
Wait...so it IS a real flame or isn't it? I've heard two different things...

If it's a real flame, Magneto can control it. If it's not, then it's up in the air...

muffin man
IMTRU-dragon I know that I did get a B on my physics paper

Eden Unicorn
firelord is powered by the heart of a star and like magneto has control over the whole spectrum.
The difference between the two is maggies generates from magnitism and firelords from combustion. Firelord has 50 ton strength.
Maggie has 250 pounds.
I give this to Magneto on the basis that magnitisms motion is what forms the star to generate its product.
I think hes more powerful in this fight.
now everyone go out and buy a set of magnets and make your own star

K Von Doom
Stellar fire or cosmic fire... most likely the power cosmic manifesting itself as fire.

srankmissingnin
Magneto can amp is strength up drastically... maybe not class 100 but certainly between 70 and 90.

IRTMU-Dragon
It doesnt matter if its negative charged, positive, whatever.

If the object/power/ anything has any charge to it whatsoever, magneto has control over it...

Doom's armor is supposedly negatively charged and anti-magnetized... Didnt stand for long against Magneto.

Beyonder
Thus you're saying Magneto can control the Power Cosmic? Cause Firelord's fire is the Power Cosmic.

Mr. Slippyfist
Firelord.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Firelord.

yes

i'd say handily.

batdude123
Magneto... 12/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Magneto... 12/10.

Very often, when dealing with overflow, the method used is to just drop the excess.

Meaning that 12/10 is 2/10.

Which, really, would be about right.

batdude123
No.

guy222
kril

AlmightyKfish
Firelord.

Starscream M
Magneto absolutely wrecks Firelord.

Lord S
Fire

llagrok
Originally posted by Starscream M
Magneto absolutely wrecks Firelord.

lol.

Bouboumaster
Firelord stomp Mag

StiltmanFTW
Recently in X-Force 5.1 Magnus' forcefield withstood plasma rounds that were hotter than sun smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Recently in X-Force 5.1 Magnus' forcefield withstood plasma rounds that were hotter than sun smile

who built a gun capable of firing said rounds?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
who built a gun capable of firing said rounds?

One of the Reavers.

-Pr-
One of the Reavers.

Seems like Tony Stark should hire that guy.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Seems like Tony Stark should hire that guy.

Too late, Psylocke offed him.

Tbf, Mags got knocked on the ground and it wasn't clear if he would recover in time to shield himself from the next shot.

-Pr-
Too late, Psylocke offed him.

Tbf, Mags got knocked on the ground and it wasn't clear if he would recover in time to shield himself from the next shot.

lol ah.

Philosophía
He also got taken by surprise - and considering it seems to be one of those random type of protective shields, not the reinforced, 'taking focus to mantain' ones, it's quite impressive.

StiltmanFTW

StyleTime
Phoenix beat Firelord in "Phoenix Unleashed"

Magneto beat Phoenix in "Planet X."

Magneto will beat Firelord in "KMC Comic vs"

Ho ho hoooo.... Is he joking? Is he joking!? Noone knows! excellent

leonidas
i'd reassess my 'handily' to less than handily and add an--it would be a very cool battle.

carver9
Mags wins.

chomperx9
can Firelord pass Magneto's shield ?

Mindset
You mean break through it?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
You mean break through it? which ever works

Mindset
Maybe after awhile of fighting and wearing Magneto down, he's not getting through it with a few blasts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, when Phoenix fought Firelord, she was knocking him around and he even compared her to Thor. When Magneto fought that same incarnation, he depowered her with a magnetic bottle effect.

They're power levels are similar but Magneto has an extremely good record when it comes to energy manipulation. If Firelord just tries to blast Magneto like he does the majority of the time, it's not going to turn out well imo.

On a related note, wasn't it stated that the High Evolutionary had synthesized Magneto's powers specifically for depowering the Surfer recently?

I wonder if Magneto could f*ck with the Power Cosmic. It would be interesting to see the Surfer and Magneto battle.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
On a related note, wasn't it stated that the High Evolutionary had synthesized Magneto's powers specifically for depowering the Surfer recently?

I wonder if Magneto could f*ck with the Power Cosmic. It would be interesting to see the Surfer and Magneto battle. i was actually thinking about that the other day.

magneto's powers are largely electromagnetic and extend to the other forces, whereas surfer's are all across the board but are limited in depiction in the electromagnetic and gravitational forces (cis might be the main issue there)

http://i55.tinypic.com/o6fk2f.jpg
(note* weak force and strong force are more powerful than electromagnetism and gravity)

surfer also has more gas in the tank though, and built in durability and speed...and the ability to take away mutant powers iirc

Mindset
smh at pg

basilisk
I think Firelord would win because the Power Cosmic is just overall a more powerful force for what it does, and it can manipulate energy extremely well. Firelord would have to fight smart though and not lose his temper - if he can manage that he will win eventually.

Firelord could go for gamma ray or high intensity laser blasts, both of which will go through any magnetic shield, though if he is prepared it's possible Mags could counter. But can't the Heralds manipulate gravity? Really anyone with gravimetric powers should be able to mess Magneto up badly, since his powers don't stop gravity.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i was actually thinking about that the other day.

magneto's powers are largely electromagnetic and extend to the other forces, whereas surfer's are all across the board but are limited in depiction in the electromagnetic and gravitational forces (cis might be the main issue there)

http://i55.tinypic.com/o6fk2f.jpg
(note* weak force and strong force are more powerful than electromagnetism and gravity)

surfer also has more gas in the tank though, and built in durability and speed...and the ability to take away mutant powers iirc Surfer created a black hole he also has G in his pocket then.

batdude123
(note* weak force is more powerful than electromagnetism)

No it isn't.

psycho gundam
you're correct, i meant the strong force

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Surfer created a black hole he also has G in his pocket then. yeah my bad, he's also well into the electromagnetic spectrum considering cosmic is the highest form of radiation, his energy drain feats are also huge indicators of his overall electromagnetic powers.

batdude123
you're correct, i meant the strong force

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/xxLadyHattaxx/Gifs/tumblr_lgnrue3H4f1qc5sg6o1_250.gif

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
IIRC, when Phoenix fought Firelord, she was knocking him around and he even compared her to Thor. When Magneto fought that same incarnation, he depowered her with a magnetic bottle effect.

In Jean's defense, it was later explained that "psionic circuit breakers" were in effect after the M'krann incident so that she'd never be tempted to abuse her power or something. She fought Magneto with the circuit breakers in place, she even comments that something is wrong she's calling on more power and it's not manifesting.

Back on topic, Magneto 10/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.