God/Jesus and Cannibalism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophicus

finti
or just a metaphor for the coming generation to perform this as custom

Philosophicus
Yeah, quite scary.

finti
quite plagiary

Philosophicus
Yeah, that too.

Jackie Malfoy
I believe he was talking about it not being his real body but it being holy or something like that.I mean we are not really eating a human body that is wrong and sick.
You took the bible alittle bit true.JM

Philosophicus
So we're not suppose to take the bible literally? Are we suppose to deceipher it? That can lead to all sorts of dangerous interpretations. Who says eating the human body is wrong and sick? We're allowed to eat animal bodies, but not humans'? That's discrimination and thinking we are better than animals. Human flesh tastes quite good though - almost like pork. I was once stranded on an island and started eating some of the dead bodies just to stay alive - there was no other food.

moviejunkie23
how is that plaiary finti? where was it taken from?

moviejunkie23
plagiary i mean hehe

finti
there are other mythologies older than the christian one that have gods sacrificed for the sake of man. Dionysus in Greek mythology is just one example

Philosophicus
Also, go to Google and search for Mithraism - the religion from which Christianity stole. The stories and sayings in especially the NT was stolen from Mithraism.

debbiejo
We don't eat Jesus, what kind of thinking of that???? It's talking about taking communion, or being apart of Him and His teaching.

The Catholic church stole much from Mithraism. Christmas (Sun Gods B-day), Easter (Fertility) and such. That's why so many are saying "Come out of Babylon my people, don't take part in her sins and suffer her condemnation." The Protestant church also took many of the Catholics teeachings. Instead of being graphed into the Bibles true tree, the churches (many) created their own tree.

Adam_PoE
It is a Catholic belief that the communion bread and wine become the flesh and blood of Jesus once inside of you.

debbiejo
I Know. But it's not His dead flesh. To me it's your belief and trust in HIM and making an outward profession.

finti
so I guess no barbecued jesus burger then

debbiejo
Remember your word sad They may haunt you some day!!!!!!!!!!!!

finti
would prove that this religion in question dont have a sense of humor

Philosophicus
Jesus Burger, yum...that would taste divine!

finti
no the slogan would be it a bite of heaven

Philosophicus
and it would taste like pork with without much fat, 'cause Jesus was quite skinny.

finti
says who

Philosophicus
He was all skeleton when they dug him up.

finti
give the dog a bone, or was it god (<-dyslectic atheist)

moviejunkie23
fruits_applefruits_cherry-"remember guys human flesh bbbaaaaddddd fruits and veggies good!!!!!

reading" but it says right here to eat jesus every sunday"

glare-"i am under the assumption guys that its refering to a spiritual practice that reminds them of how important their savior is to them so they go through it in memory of him.

jawdrop-really???? what a revelation!!!!

smartass

debbiejo
I'm a vegetarian roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
here have an apple

debbiejo
smokin' laughing Maybe with a smoke.

Philosophicus
Everyone's entitled to have a piece of the blessed meat of Jesus.

debbiejo
I don't see any meat there. Is it in your head????????

finti
jesus burger with some apostle fries

debbiejo
I'm to tired to call you an idiot, can just call yourself one.

I Think I'll go watch some Sponge Bob. He's more interesting than you
guys. rolling on floor laughing

Adam_PoE
Haven't you heard? Spongebob is gay!

moviejunkie23
spong bob is A sexual according to its creator

debbiejo
Adam Poe I've looked, there's nothing there, nothing!!!

He's just a yellow square that has a pink friend. Their thoughts are quite intellectual compared to some on this thread though evil face

DirectorFitz
You guys are funny...

A lot of things in the Bible are symbolism. The disciples taking the bread and wine was symbolic. He broke the bread, and it was symbolism for His body being broken for our sins. He poured the wine, and it was symbolic for His lood being spilt for the many for forgiveness of sins.

And yes, I guess Spongebob is sexual.....i guess

moviejunkie23
no A sexual meaning he doesn't have a sexuality, thats what the creator is on record as saying

debbiejo
I believe that truly. Your picture is awesome. I don't think I could do it for the world. It would hurt toooo much.

Ou Be Low hoo
How could he have been crucified if he never existed in the first place? How can I exist as 'The New Jesus' if there never was an old one? How can Xians believe in a prank pulled by Plato and has cronies to dupe a large percentage of the world? How can I can-can if I don't know if I can't can-can?

Philosophicus
Then if you don't believe in Jesus, how come you say you are the new one? I don't belive in Jesus - I'm making fun of the idea.

moviejunkie23
i wonder why people who don't believe in jesus go out of their way to say how much they don't believe in him all the time.
I don't believe in certain things, but what would that do for me to go around and make fun of say buddism and debase it on a regular basis. It kinda makes christ look more real when you guys do that because there is so much prophecy he gave stating that people would do that to christians anyway. So I guess christians owe you a thanks for helping to secure their faith. big grin

Philosophicus
My pleasure!

Adam_PoE
Buddha was a real person who made no claims of divinity.

moviejunkie23
jesus was a real person as well and buddha was proclaimed to be a great spiritual leader i don't see anyone insulting buddha and his followers in this post. Don't try to skew the point big grin

Adam_PoE
Christians are criticized because of their self-righteous indignation of all non-Christians. Is that response more of what you are looking for?

debbiejo
People do criticize Christians everywhere. Christians have the right to believe and tell others of it, as do Buddhist. But for some reason the media would never make fun of Islam, or Buddha, NOP, never. Infact in some Middle Eastern countries, they will kill you if you don't believe in Islam, or tell anyone about Jesus.

moviejunkie23
"Christians are criticized because of their self-righteous indignation of all non-Christians. Is that response more of what you are looking for?"

sound like your a little indignant against christians adam

finti
he stated the truth though

Philosophicus
Budha did not claim divinity, BUT Jesus did - Jesus was arrogant and probably schezophrenic. Budha said that there is no god who created the universe, but that existence itself is all-powerfull and worthy of admiration - existence is the absolute, not a god.

Philosophicus
Christians are really the most arrogant of all religions in trying to force other people into believing what they do and in claiming they have the real truth - no one else.

moviejunkie23
yes "arrogant" jesus let himself be killed and made the ultimate show of vengufull hatred as he died on the cross and prayed for the people that put him there that god would forgive them.

so anyway back on topic. PhilO do you claim that evolution is the real truth, and anything like their being a creator, is invalid? are you claiming you have the answer and there is no other explenation?

because this is what you say about christians

"Christians are really the most arrogant of all religions in trying to force other people into believing what they do and in claiming they have the real truth - no one else."

Ou Be Low hoo
Xians always have the most bizarre logic! "So many people don't believe in him, so...eh...hmm...That makes him more real! YAY!" - !?!?!?

To walk in the land of make-believe for a moment...I thought Jesus already knew he was going to have to die, so how is what he did a sacrifice!?!?!?!?

moviejunkie23
because he went through with it. He knew what he had to do and did it as a sacrafice, how does it make it less of a sacrafice that he knew what he had to do explain that hoo.

"Xians always have the most bizarre logic! "So many people don't believe in him, so...eh...hmm...That makes him more real! YAY!" - !?!?!?"

common hoo you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders perhaps you can follow a point better

no i said he predicted that people would persecute christians jesus said if people do bad things to christians because of him that to remember they did it to him first. There is allot of prophecy about christians being persecuted and being hated. So you having a "healthy hatred" for christians hoo is just one example that makes the words of prediction from the bible accurate.
and as for so many people not believing in him the christian faith has the greatest number of believers in the world. Not that that means it is to be taken with more seriosness its just it seemed you were implying not many people believe in jesus.
anyway why don't you get off your hate wagon hoo and do something positive for somebody or make a post uplifting some group of people. Maybe you can make a positive impression on somebody instead of tyrading around insulting an entire group of people out of your intolerance and hatred.

FeceMan
You are such a damn troll.

Philosophicus
^ laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Philosophicus
I do not claim that evolution is the real truth, BUT Christians ARE, and they cause wars all over the world - just take the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland as an example - Christians will kill to force their view on everyone else.

No one can know the real truth about existence, BUT Christians arrogantly claim that they indeed have it!

I for one am not claiming to know the truth, simply because it is an impossibility as we are insignificant, little parts of an eternal existence - there is no absolute truth.

debbiejo
By drinking of the wine(blood) and taking of the bread(his body) you are taking on the new covenant of His broken body that was to be hung on the cross.

The old covenant was --scarifies to cover your sins.

The new covenant is-- He made the final sacrifice with Himself.

If you take communion you are saying that you believe in the new covenant.

Philosophicus
So the new testament is a contradiction of the old? How unreliable a book the bible is!?

Still, Christians are arrogant because they claim to have found the truth of existence and want to force that fallacy onto everyone who don't believe them.

debbiejo
Still, philosiphers are arrogant because they claim to have found truth and want to force that fallacy onto everyone who don't believe them.

Philosophicus
Some philosophers claim so, though very little, and I for one am not claiming that.

FeceMan
Good riddance to him.

debbiejo
You know everybody is allowed an opinion, though I don't condone cursing. Like I said before, you can't argue with a philosopher, you'll never win.. I know from experience.

FeceMan
It's not the cursing that bothered me; it was his attitude.

vicki horvath
The Holy Communion bread represents Jesus' broken body when he was crucified, the wine represents the innocent blood he shed for the remission of our sins, it is a way of remembering what he did for us, it has nothing to do with cannibalism! LOL!

Echuu
agreed

Darth Odious
I use to hear " This is my body this is my blood" Alot in catholic school. It was pretty horrifying to hear in first grade I'll tell you that. I used to look for blood on the mouths and clothes of the priests and nuns. They use to get mad at me for it. I thought my parents were in on it too for a while. Then I heard it was symbolism. Whew.. Think of all the people who have misunderstood for all these centuries until someone invented symbolism. Thank god for science huh?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?

FeceMan

PrinceofBlades
Hey, with age comes wisdom, and knowledge. Some people may not interprete the same way you do. Look at me, I was a kid who didn't get a single thing in sunday school. Never payed much attention in mass, and could care less what they gave to me during communion. Now I living loud and fight for God. I know alot more than I ever did. And am proud of it.

Darth Odious
You really can't let it go can you fecal freak. Since you have me on ignore feceman. It was 1st grade smart guy. If your faith is strong enough you could forgive me. Go back to the room where I said my opinions. I left a little present for you.

Darth Odious
Thanks for the help, prince of blades
I seem to be enemy number 1 for giving my opinions.

PrinceofBlades
Don't worry about it. And look, if you were to lighten up I'm sure people wouldn't attack you. An opinion is like a nose, everyone's got one.

Darth Odious
Agreed.

PrinceofBlades
Thanks for understanding. Now I would suggest, but tis only a suggestion, that you should go and apologize for what you said, not because of what you said, but how you said it. Only because you seem like a great guy, and banning someone sucks. Trust me I would know.

FeceMan
Contrary to popular belief, I DON'T have you on ignore, DO.

PrinceofBlades
Lets not start this again.

Darth Odious
I don't think he can stop. Sounds quite trollish to me.
What fun we'll have.
Hehehehe. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

PrinceofBlades
O boy, If anyone needs me, i'll be in the bomb shelter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.