Punisher vs. Judge Dredd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord-of-Dreams
Two similar guys. Neither has any powers. Both has many guns. I think Dudge Dredd is stupid. Which do you think wins??

Nightstick
Damn close, but probably the Punisher.

who?-kid
Dredd all the way but don't ask me why lol.

Mainstream
okay I won't I think Dredd too but don't ask me why neither.

who?-kid
Okay, I know why : in his own special way, Dredd can be funny. Punisher is always serious.

They are too equal, so I vote for the "funny" one.

Mainstream
y r serious arent' you? that's your reason?

who?-kid
Like I said, they're very equal, so if I have to pick one, it's better to pick the cooler one.

They both don't quit, are great with weapons, strong as a human can be, posses a killer instinct and are tough as hell. But Dredd has that little "dry humor" thing. Punisher hasn't.

I have to pick somebody, don't I wink.

Ironmanpower
How a guy who proclaim himself THE LAW can't win this one.
Hehe, I think Dredd is The punisher in the future so Dreed will got him. Best weapon, technology etc...

K3VIL
Punisher wears a kevlar costume and has high level weapons but they're still weapons of his time.Dredd's gun can fire many kinds of projectiles, for every situation.From laser to grenades.Also he's trained in hand to hand combat too.Probably his low level physical protection would be his weakness, cause the kevlar vest he wears doesn't protect him on the chest, the legs etc.

Nataku8188
Dredd has much better equipment, in all forms.

MERCILOUS
This fight is close? I think not. Whoever made this thread seriously underestimated Dredd. Dredd, after only moderate complications.

Nightstick
Dredd is bad ass, but the only real advantage I think he has on the Punisher is fire power/technology. On that point if Castle knows what he is going up against he will no doubt try and find some heavy firepower. At times he has used some sci-fi grade weapons. Like I said besides firepower, what does Dredd have on Castle?

MERCILOUS
Well it's not as cut and dry as it use to be. But Dredd is the Captain America of his Universe. He's the best fighter, the baddest bad ass, the top dog on Human characters. Punisher has had some hype to him lately and it's all pretty cool, he does deserve most of the credit, but he's still out classed. Technology is the obvious advantage but he also has fighting ability. I don't know how to explain it but Dredd does some crazy things, It's like he's invincible, he's not afraid to go up against anything and somehow always comes out victorious (much like Batman) where as Punisher would likely run away.

Nightstick
The Punisher can and has gone hand to hand with Captain America, Wolverine, Daredevil, and even Batman. Infact before the building fell down around them he was doing fine against Batman. Has taken out Wolverine and DareDevil. Captain America considers him in the same "weight class". Even if Dredd has the Tech and a slight edge in terms of skill. I admit I have not read a lot of Dredd, but the stuff I did read it did seem like he had the same stick-to-itness, durability, ingenuity, intensity. agressiveness, spirit, or resourcfullnes that Castle has. Point is when the cards are down and retreat is not an option, Frank will find a way. Even if he does retreat it is more often then not to gain the advantage and plan the next encounter. Castle also seems to have better tactical skills (is more likely to plan an attack and use his brain in a fight). And maybe ranged combat skills as he is deadly accurate. Where given the nature of Dredd's gun accuracy is not so importent. From what I have seen Punisher is also better in terms of stealth/covert attacks. So he may be able to get the drop on Dredd. Dredd is used to back as well, other Street Judges and the like where as Castle nearly never has help. Again in truth though I haven't read a whole lot of Dredd and non or the recent stuff.

MERCILOUS
Well then I won't critisize you for you assumptions, but they are somewhat flawed. Dredd however is an incredible tactician. Your right about him not showing it all the time but sometimes he goes all out and is down right ingenius. Esecially when in life threatening situation, he has just as much if not more tenacity then Frank. Frank is praised and feared by many but remember, most of his fights with Wolverine, he veiws surviving as a victory, And Frank himself does not feel he is in the same league. He admits being outclassed by all three characters you mentioned at one point or another. He even goes as far to say that Elektra could kill him at any time she wanted. This would in no way be the case for Dredd. He may have equals but no superiors. As for the stealth thing, Dredd has employed those tactics before, but remember he feels deeply he is representing the law and will avoid sneaking around if possible. And backup, come on, Most of the other judges die, and are just there to show how much better Dredd is than them.

Nightstick
Mercilous.

This is part of what I am talking about. Dredd may have the tactical and covert ability Frank has, but he is far less willing to employ them. It's quit possible given that, that by the time he figured out it was do or die, that Punisher will have already pulled out all stops. Dredd is a lot more rule bound, honor bound, duty bound, style bound etc. Then the Punisher who while he has his code of ethics it is alot more versatile. In that short of killing innocents(which Dredd wont do either), the Punisher will do everything and try anything to take out his target. He is constricted by no law book or court system. And even if Dredd chucks these out the window they are still obviously ingrained in his brain and suth will effect his behavior and tactics. As to Frank not believeing he is equal to the Cap, Logan, DD, or Elektra. It is Castle being humble/carefull. If you remember the comic with Elektra he had chance to kill her if he had wanted to, but he was to buissy checking her out. It was a case were he was more intrested in takeing her out to eat then takeing her out. Point is if he can go HtH with DD he can go HtH with Elektra. The judges may die in droves, but they do take a lot of the fire that could have been directed at Dredd. In the end I think the are physicaly similiar in terms of skill and if he has time to pack Frank can bring some pretty heavy firepowwer to the show, but at the end of the day Punisher seems to be more resourcfull and capable of thinking outside the box.

MERCILOUS
Umm you do realize this is the Dredd that reads your sentence aloud after he's shot you dead right? IF your saying Frank has more engenuity than Dredd this simply isn't true. And as far as being careful, they both are when it comes to "innocents." Dredd might be even less descriminant to who is innocent than Frank. Frank didn't not take out Elektra because he was checking her out, he didn't try because he knew he could of been killed long ago and wanted to know why he wasn't. Outside the box? Come on now, Dredd gets the job done no matter what it takes, no matter what tools he has at his disposal.

Lord-of-Dreams
Well!! I always thought that he was a big guy with a gun, like hellboy, but... DAMN!!!!!!! Dredd is my fav. right now!

MERCILOUS
Dredd really is a completley underated and underestimated character. I'm not sure I've ever read a Dredd book that wasn't good. Too bad people seem to ignore him, especially since they made that atrocity of a movie.

Napalm
Good ol castle will win this one

muffin man
dredd come on

Lord-of-Dreams
I really underestimated Dredd. But I know for a fact that I always underestimate Punisher too so... as long as he can't levitate things, he's a sissy in my eyes (until I see otherwise). But Dredd is actually pretty cool. I went back and read my old Dredd comics. Maybe they would be impressed by one another's tech. and become friends??lol. Could happen...

MERCILOUS
Yeah right, Dredd put up with a vigilante? But if Castle signed up on the side of the law he'd do just fine.

muffin man
well laser weapons

jplatinum
Punisher

MERCILOUS
Dredd all the way, He's a match for Captain America not Punisher.

Scoobless
Dredd would catch Castle and throw him in a cube for the next 70 years

Lord-of-Dreams
You brought this embarassing figment of my past because...??

MERCILOUS
Because Dredd wins!

(I brought this thread back because I saw it remade earlier)

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!

Lord-of-Dreams
Oh. I see. What do you think of this new idea I got for a thread: 'newbies (or un-salties, as I prefer to call them) vs older members (salties)'? sounds good to me...

MERCILOUS
You know your "un-salties" word is really just a insult in disguise.

As for your thread idea, it seems as redundant as your "un-salties" euphemism.

You're not the guy who remade Dredd vs. Punisher are you? I was just trying to bring the original back because I was sure their was a far better debate on this one.

MERCILOUS
Hey lord of dreams, did you use to be dream panther?

Black Adam
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lord-of-Dreams
No, I was always lordof dreams, and I'm back, ladies and gentlemen, I figure this is the best place to say it.

And it's un-salties, not newbies :P (for the three of you that were around when I started that almost a year ago smile)

Sixth_Winged
Dredd. The technology of his weapons is gotta at least amount to something.

roughrider
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Dredd. The technology of his weapons is gotta at least amount to something.

If Punisher has any prep, he will do what it takes to get same technology to blast with.
Stallone(sigh) - I thought he would be a good choice to play Dredd. But it was just another film he f**ked up. Should have gotten Clancy Brown from Starship Troopers.

Mider
dredd is insane i thought his comics would suck cause of that movie but no his comics sound really cool and he did beat batman he has to deal with aliens and stuff and the cursed earth i dont think even frank can last out there very long i think there pretty good match on coolness i give it to dredd though

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by roughrider
If Punisher has any prep, he will do what it takes to get same technology to blast with.
Stallone(sigh) - I thought he would be a good choice to play Dredd. But it was just another film he f**ked up. Should have gotten Clancy Brown from Starship Troopers.

He could do that and try..........but i sincerely doubt if he can find one laughing out loud

Then again. Army knife >>>>> futuristic weapon

streekz
i think dredd is way cooler, not that punisher isnt cool...
think dredd would take this.
what if punisher was a judge???? judge castle.....
laughing out loud

it would be nice to see a judge dredd respect thread so people wont underestimate him so much..whistling (hint,hint)

Etrigan
I quote:

"Fifteen Years in teh academy. The best cadet they'd ever seen!
A man so hard... his veins bleed ice. When he speaks, he never says it twice!
They call him Judge. His last name is Dredd.
So break the law, and you'll wind up DEAD!"

Seems to apply well to Punisher....

But Dredd wins. He's the peak soldier in fighting and technology. Punisher of the future and Mega City One.

Deicide
Anthrax has a kool song called Judge Dredd. they are fans of the comic, and HATE the movie. as did i.

Yowsa
Merge maybe? smile

ScarletSpeed
alright, kinda of a superbump,

but me and my mate were just discussing this so I decided to search and see if there has been a forum,

I can say without a doubt that Dredd would win no expression

panthergod
Dredd beat up Batman.

Punisher gets wrecked.

TricksterPriest
He didn't necessarily beat Batman. It was closer to a stalemate, with Dredd having a slight edge. But the way the fight went and the fact that neither side really had a true advantage for 45 minutes is very impressive. 45 mins stalemating Batman is a testament to his skills.

Punisher has never lasted that long against anyone comparable. Not in a martial arts fight.

occultdestroyer
Cool match-up!

Judge Dredd FTW

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He didn't necessarily beat Batman. It was closer to a stalemate, with Dredd having a slight edge. But the way the fight went and the fact that neither side really had a true advantage for 45 minutes is very impressive. 45 mins stalemating Batman is a testament to his skills.

Punisher has never lasted that long against anyone comparable. Not in a martial arts fight.

*sigh* Pun has taken on people better than Batman and Judge Dread, he doesnt need to last that long.

Sado22
give frank the same weapons as dread and its a good match, and probably frank'd win.

and whats with people sying frank doesn't have a sense of humor?!

Frank=*drops a nuke on an island containing 20000 mercenaries*
French wussy guy= you bastard!! how could you?! there are 20000 people on that island!!
*nuke explodes*
Frank= no there are not...

and for those who say Frank hasn't done that good against anyone, he statemated Daredevil in a straight up fight. he's even beat down Daredevil when he wasn't even trying to kill him. he dislocated both his arms and could've shot him if he wanted.

~Sado
P.S. for the record, Ennis has also worked on Dredd in case some of you wanna bring up PIS.

Bentley
Epic bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.