Without their masks..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

davesmolo
I saw someone's avatar and it was the shot of Boba talking to Vader in ESB, right before Han is frozen in carbonite.

I looked at the picture of these two masked guys standing there and...unlike 10-15 years ago when I first ESB...it was different now because I know the faces of the masked men. It's different because we've seen these 2 characters develop more with the PT (well, Boba in Ep. 2)...

I think this is one of the PT's greatest strengths...not just the story of how Vader came to be...but it puts the OT into a whole new perspective.

Think about it...after May 19, we'll know how 3PO and R2 got to be on the Tantive at the start of ANH, how Obi-Wan ended up on Tattooine and just how poerful this Emperor is.

I know I'm rambling...

wallalupp
yea I know its cool, and it's what GL always intended with the PT
to "tell how everyone got there" to quote him (something like that anyway) and I think he's done a fine job, cause in the end, when you see the movies in the right order the coolest ones will be at the end, the PT is basicly about exposition

Darth Subjekt
can you post some screen shots? Cause i honestly have no idea what youre talking about. But i want to see if you can.

Arsenal
Ignore what I'm about to say. I think it would have been cool if Boba and Anakin were the same age and grew up on Tatooine together then Boba and Vader would work together later on.

guiro72
being able to see the ot in a different light is my main expectation from the prequels, and they achieve that purpose....with this in mind, i have no need to sit there trying to rate the films and work out whether the new stack up against the old....i can enjoy them in the knowledge that they have acheived all i asked of them....allows me to view the films from both a non-judgemental AND a nostalgic standpoint....cake and eat it.....

Red Superfly
I'm not sure how to take it actually.

With Vader - ROTJ gave him his face. ROTJ Anakin is what I see behind ESB Vader's mask. Prequels haven't done anything really in that respect. I picture Sebastian Shaws face behind OT Vaders mask, not Hayden, because in ANH & ESB he would look more like Shaw.

Boba Fett? Yeah. The prequels have changed him in my eyes. Given him a face he never had etc - but I personally don't like it. I actually preferred it when Boba was the cool, brooding, faceless mystery - "the man with no name" as Lucas once himself called him. I don't like how one of my favourite characters has been cheapened because he has not only lost that brooding sense of mystery - but the face he was given was that of an annoying high-pitched little brat. He has about as much "brooding" as a fluffy bunny.

But that's just me. Vader hasn't changed because of the PT, while Boba isn't as cool as he used to be because of the PT. I'm sure there are many out there who think Boba being pushed into the limelight adds to his character - I simply see it as exploiting an over-rated character to please the fanboys, at the expense of the character itself.

I would wish we hadn't seen Boba at all, like Han Solo - there's no real place for him until the OT.

The PT does make me see it in a different light, but I personally don't like it, which is why I'd recommend for any newcomer to watch them 456123. At least then they'd get what I consider the best version of Boba Fett and Darth Vader. For at least three films.

Boba Fett and Darth Vader's characters are probably the two best reasons as to why watching the entire series 123456 simply does not work.

Anakin2Vader
I havnt even seen EP 3 yet but with the stuff I have seen of Anakin/Vader in EP 3 I already think of him being under the mask when I watch the OT. not so much so with Boba though, I wish they had done more with him in EP 3,... I mean anything with him in EP 3.

ArthasKnight
I feel the same way. I thought it was ridiculous how they added Hayden in at the end of ROTJ in the DVD's. The other Jedi ghosts resemble what they looked like when they died, so Vader should be Sebastian, not Hayden. It's just wrong, just like adding Jango's voice in for Boba. That was stupid too, it completely took away Boba's impression of being tough. His old voice was tougher, more sinister. Jango's voice is just....weak. Things like that are what kept me from buying the DVD's, I'll stick with the Special Edition VHS thank you very much.

cylob49
Hmm...i wonder... could it be this pic?! banginbangin

Darth Subjekt
ya know what, i totally misread his post,....my fault. For some reason i thought he meant there were two other people that were added in. Anyway, my bad. Must have been that crack i smoked with the hookers earlier....

j/k

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.