Your version

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
If you could change the battle arena of Obi-Wan's and Anakin's duel, where would it be?

Jedi-Knight 8k2
a planet of mechanical hell! not lava

Malic Clanorian
korriban

CountQuan
where does the original battle in ROTS take place?

Sith Master X
It's starts off in the Mustafar conference room.

DarkYoda
I think I saw an artistic rendering somewhere once where Anakin and Obi-Wan fought around a bunch of reactors...it looked pretty cool. I'll see if I can find the pic again.

Red Superfly
I'd set it in the junkyards of Ord Mantell.

If anyone has followed Shadows Of The Empire then this would be the perfect place for the creation of Vader.

Duel takes place on a junkyard. Highly dangerous debris getting flung everywhere. The final section is a walkway above a smelting pot and they duel on a very small walkway, and Anakin falls in.

Kinda like the ending of Terminator 2 - molten steel and all that.

Mechanical hell indeed.

Mortanius
I agree with Red SuperFly, a friend of mine thought that Anakin fell in machinery which lead to his doom.

lucasfilm
mechanical hell!!!!!!! and the stuff!

Darth Subjekt
Well i know i might catch some shit for this, being as there would be no way for him (Anakin) to meet his demise in lava,....but i would make it on Tattoine. The sheer psychological affects on Anakin would be crazy to see. The best place would either be where he grew up, and then ending up around where he slaughtered the Tuskens. I know I know...thats too far to travel during a fight, but this is a hypothetical situation. It could be OB1 running away playing a cat and mouse mind game with Anakin. And being that years have passed and there would be no bodies, we could see the bony remains of his former fallen prey.

But thats just me, but please let me know what you think.

lucasfilm
i was thinking the same thing actually like not 2 minutes ago...
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!1111111 ONE ONE ONE ONE

Darth Subjekt
really? thats cool...hey quick question, that pic that was going around of OB1 looking at the Sidious/Anakin holograph, what was wrong with it? Was it a fake?

Count Doodoo
This concept art of the emperor's throne room would be a cool place:

(I also like the idea of Korriban)

http://img238.exs.cx/img238/7421/throneroom3gt.jpg

Darth_Nefarus
Dagobah! That would explain the tree! JUST kidding.

Subjekt, you know how you said on Tattoine? Oh man, They could duel near the sarlaac pit. I'm sure that with Anakin's incredible force powers he could get out at the price of a dissolved and eaten away body.

DarthAJ
hmmm...defenitley Coruscaunt jedi Temple Or Senate buildingbut that's already for Yoda VS. Sidious!!

hmmm...I'd have to say on a ahhh Mustafar!

Dude how can you not like this setting! It's so cool

But back to the topic Coruscaunt!

cylob49
When i saw that Sideous AOTC derelict hideout had the flames stuff going on nearby and that orange glow i feared that would be where the duel would take place in ep3
Its been a lava planet for 26 years and thankfully Lucas has stuck with it.

cylob49
the scene that made me think what thankfully aint happening

brendy
the droid factory on Geonosis would have been ideal for the dual. all that machinery and molten stuff.

Arsenal
On a rainy planet like where Smith and Neo fought in revolutions. Steam would be coming off their lightsabers and when they would use a force attack it would push the rain as well as the opponent. This could possibly take place on Kamino but I don't know if that planet has alot of land.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Tatooine, Mos Eisley-Cantina,

-Kenobi chops off Ani's arm while drinkin' his juice in tha hood.

-Then Anakin gets a small break and gets a drink (with his left arm), mistakenly spills it on his face and the heat of his lightsaber sets him on fire.

-Obi-Wan runs of...

-Palpatine and his minions(also incl. a contingent of female-clone dancers) arrive and party on till medical droids have fixed Anakin's horrible appearance.....

thumb up

Red Superfly
I was thinking that - but it would seem too cartoony. I thought that scene was a bit too "Galaxy Quest".

Darth AJ - Mustafar is the best, and original, setting and always has been. I love the lava planet - we are just thinking up other versions of the duel. No harm in that.

Anyway, I pictured Ord Mantell because it would tie in to the whole mechanical hell thing, sharp junk lying everywhere. Seeing as they can afford to have lava flowing all around them with nice flashy effects, then I doubt we'd see the same chaotic effect on anywhere but Mustafar. I reckon if this scene was made twenty years ago, Mustafar would have become something more like Ord Mantell I think.

Ord Mantells junkyard setting would have been awesome for a Grievous battle at least. A fight in a junkyard is always cool. I remmeber in the Shadows Of The Empire game where you landed on Ord Mantell and had to ride a train, jumping from train to train. That would have been awesome for the duel. A fight on a speeding monorail type train, jumping and dodging, before arriving at the factory/smelting place where it all ends.

Darth Subjekt
Oh dont get me wrong, im glad its gonna be where it is, but like i stated befor ethis is hypothetical, and i think that Tatt would be a cool alternative. But yes as Cylob said, and as much as i hate to agree with him, it has been set this way for YEARS, and any other way would be...."weird". I remember walking around with my friends when they re-released the OT in 97, talking about him falling in lava. But for the reasons i said before, i think Tatt would be cool as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.