Post Notes: Recording "Revenge"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BAILY
Recording "Revenge"
February 04, 2005

With each Star Wars film, composer John Williams has selected a particular composition to stand apart. It's removed from the context of the film, and generally has its start or end reworked so that it becomes a standalone musical piece. In the past, these have become singles on the soundtrack, concert suites or music videos. Examples include "Main Title," "Darth Vader's Theme (Imperial March)," "The Forest Battle," "Duel of the Fates," and "Across the Stars."

For Episode III, a dramatic cue from the sixth reel gets that treatment. Called "Revenge of the Sith" -- or less colorfully, 6M9 -- it appears in the film during the thick of the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker. The first half of the second day of scoring sessions consists of capturing this piece for both inclusion in the film, and as a modified version for the soundtrack release.

Hope Scramba comes soon with the rest......

theshakl
ah someone please

scramba2000

Sith Master X
Thanks Scramba!

scramba2000
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/520884/50/1.jpg?
http://rapidshare.de/files-en/520887/50/2.jpg?

BAILY
Thanks Scramba, you da man!!

Sith Master X
I can never get the rapidshare links to work.

pika122689
Awesome, thanks scramba. big grin

I can't wait to hear the new theme. If it is anything as good as the themes for Episodes I and II, I'll be VERY plased. smile

theshakl
Once..again.....THANKS SCRAMBA!

bobafett81
Can someone send me the pic for the 2nd URL?

I couldn't see it. Dying to see the picture.

Thanks folks!

bILLYgOAT
pic 2 is a picture of the JW orchestra

Torik_Shai
Thanks Scramba. I can't wait to hear "Revenge of the Sith." It sounds awesome.

Anakin2Vader
thanks scramba... adding the music... we are so close

POOTtheMONK
Nine notes... reminds me of the Imperial March. Awesome.

Gangularis
thank you scramba!!

Eleonora
I can't see the images sad
Thx scrambs smile

.:Space Opera:.
"David said he's been waiting 25 years to play that,"

hmmm, its an old theme probly. possibley luke and leia's theme? no, theres not enough horns in that piece. the imperial march? no, it has already been played in the trilogy. hmm, if i ponder it longer i will figure it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.