? about qt's movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
r the scenes out of order in all his movies

Myth
Reservoir Dogs - Yes
Pulp Fiction - Yes
Jackie Brown - ... no I think
Kill Bill - Yes

WindDancer
Well, I really don't know how to explain it........Here is a metaphor: When you're watching his movies is like reading a book. Most books have chapters, Chapters make the storyline organize. The Scenes are structure to be introduce first, and explain later. An example is Pulp Fiction, the characters in the begining return to conclude the film. You might consider it an epilogue, but it really isn't is like a conclusion of all the events that took place in the story. That's the only thing I can think of right now. I hope it helps somehow.

rox
thanks

Myth
WindDancer - I'm not sure if thats really how it is in Pulp. In Res Dogs its starts off with Mr Orange bleeding and then it explains what happened. And Kill Bill is kind of like that. But the beginning of Pulp isn't explained in the movie because it didn't show how the robbers got to where they are.

badkittykitty
i don't remember jackie brown to well..i'm thinking about renting it again and see if I will like it more this time around...all the others id say they are out of order..I really like that!

black_mamba01
There are scenes in Jackie Brown that are disjointed. For example, we see what happens to Jackie, and thn we see the scene from Melanie and Louis' POV. and then again from Max

Myth
Yeah, I just remembered that before reading your post. Most of it is in order but the scene with the bag switch is shown 2 or 3 times from different perspectives.

mook
i think windancers comparison to reading a book is quite good.

the story is told but not always in chronological order and sometimes the same events from different POV's.

WindDancer
Thanks mook big grin

Myth that's true but you can also argue that the scene in the restaurant. Can be consider an introduction and as an epilogue in the story. Or something similar to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.