mortal kombat vs street fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
i posted this on the comic book versus forum and just wanted to get your guys imput

SaTsuJiN
street fighter has more depth but its too generic .. mortal kombat sortof parodies the generic'ness but with a dark moody twist.. however I feel that the gameplay is very shallow.. not enough options in terms of fighting.. both will eternally be classics however

Dazzler619
I always wanted to see a game of this

ScarFace Clone
I am ganna have to go with Mortal Kombat

ragesRemorse
Every street fighter game is exactly the same as the one before it. Mortal kombat actually changes with every new game. Street fighter's last game release on the Ps2 and xbox, was exactly the same as the one for super nintendo but made 3d what does that tell you about street fighter? How can you say that street fighter has more depth that mortal kombat? It has to be entirely the opposite. Street fighter gave each character the same fighting system with 3-4 moves. Mortal kombat gives each character 4-5 and sometimes even 6 different special moves. Not to mention the newer installments where each character has three different fighting styles that are all unique and based off of real fighting styles. Not to mention the bad ass fatalities. Mortal kombat even had a more in depth story for each one of it's characters. MK has more chracaters even than street fighter offers. MK slaughters street fighter in every aspect. While mortal kombat is evolving into somthing new, street fighter is still elaborating on it's arcade type fighting system. I did like street fighter vs x-men though that was nice.

SaTsuJiN
because you can choose more approaches to the fighting. its not just relying on special moves like mortal kombat.. where you're constantly whoring off of leg sweeps and uppercut links.. street fighter you can go in with a light jump kick.. link it up with a light punch > light kick > med puch , med kick > hadouken (and.. if its one of the later game engines) go right into a super art... thats why SF has more depth
all of MK's "kombos" (which didnt start until mortal kombat 3) are too pre-programmed for my taste

mr.smiley
they are both probably the two greatest fighting ever.
or better put,they set the standard for all other fighters to come.
i like sf characters better cause of the diverisity,compared to the constant run of ninjas in mk.
mk has a more dramatic and ultimatley bigger story.
when it comes to gameplay i think mks new fighting engine with the three fighting styles is awesome but i want to see if sf can do better

Smasandian
Are we talking about the series or individual games?

Street Fighter hasnt changed in its many incarnations.
Mortal Kombat has changed a tiny bit, but still generally the same.
So i give the nod to MK.

In terms of individual games. A tie. Both are great. MK2, which i feel is the best one, was fantastic. I love making up my own combo's by using the special movies. I didnt really play SF2 but from what I played, it was great.

mr.smiley
one question i ask myself and someone else brought up was
would mortal kombat be as good without all the blood and gore

SaTsuJiN
thats one of the gameplay elements.. if you remove it, then it wasnt as it was intended to be.. however I feel that while mortal kombat (lately) has made a more risky change to its game engine.. street fighter 3 series pulls off its own engine more concisely

ChickinMeat
Id have to say my vote goes to MK, but SF is a really good game.

the point is i was crap at both of them

Linkalicious
Mortal Kombat never had Chun Li.

Gooooo Street Fighter.

dark1365
I like the fatalities though.

Smasandian
You mean the same engine, just looks prettier and you can have tag team battles. Come on, nothing has changed.
Fatalities are also good when it came out for the arcade back in the day because if you fought a guy and beat him, its a huge diss to do a fatality. It adds a element of sportsmanship, especially when you did a babality.

SaTsuJiN
2 in 1's are traditional street fighter gameplay.. they wont change that yet.. but things like doing a quick dash.. and even parry/air parry/crouching parry spice up the gameplay in more ways than one can imagine... plus limiting each character to 1 chosen super art creates a sense of strategy.. as soon as SF3 hit street fighter is different.. I just dont like their crossover games.. although I'd have to say street fighter alpha gave them their turning point... street fighter isnt popular for nothing

I just dont like mortal kombats preprogrammed kombos.. that shit is so old.. (since MK3) and they're trying to pawn it off as something new in deadly alliance and deception.. the only thing thats different is instead of pressing another high punch or low kick, you press a stance switch, and from there on, you just mash more low punch/high kick's.. its annoying

TheTrooper
I have to go with Street Fighter. First fighting game i played on Amiga and arcade machines smile

Lyra Rose
street fight rules it is the best out of the 2

Dyingstar
naaa MK RULES Sub-Zero , Noob , Ermac and the rest can kill anybody

dark1365
If they worked as a team yes.

SaTsuJiN
are we discussing 'gameplay' ?.. or whether we just like it because of characters?

Dyingstar
naa Gamplay but like i said the Luien Qua clan kicks azz and MK definintly would WIN

Dyingstar
IS ANYONE ON ????????????????????????????????????????

mr.smiley
on the comic book forum it was more of which team was more powerful

Dyingstar
IM GANNA BE rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mr.smiley
what!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdventChild
Street Fighter cuz of Ryu ken akuma sakura chun-li guile vega and many others... i'd like to see mortal combat do a super combo finish...

Dyingstar
they would .Mortal Kobat Characters have powers Ermac could rip them apart without touching them. And Noobs powers are so evil and dark he could send them all to HELL !!!!!!!! MMWWWWAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAAAa

dave123
moved sorcerer

SaTsuJiN
we're not talking about fantasy mess.. we're talking purely (I assume) about which gameplay engine is better... so street fighter wins this hands down.. even if we compared the very last titles... Street Fighter III : 3rd strike vs Mortal Kombat : Deception.. SF3 has waaaaay more playability.. not just pre-programmed combos like MK

Dyingstar
HAY !!!!! MK charracters have very swift fighting skills and powers Street Fighter wouldnt Stand a chance !!!! HAAAAHAAHAHAHAAAAA

azndrgn
You should discuss more about rivalries. That'd be much more interesting w/ so many possible debates. How bout Ken vs Johnny Cage. Both cocky white guys who love the ladies, haha

azndrgn
I'd give it to Ken b/c I was never a big fan of Johnny from MK

PunisherFan33
MK all the Way

RoyMC
Go street fighter im on linkilanius's side!

RoyMC
who are you?

Joker1237
I think MK has change a lot in DA, and MKD.

One of the big things MK, has was the uppercut, now with the styles and such, most of the best know moves like the Uppercutt, and Sweep(Some guys still can sweep, but that sweep is some how not the same imo) are gone. I think the Styles change on a BIG impack on MK fighting. Gone are the days when Scorpin spear you, follow up with a uppercutt. Gone are the days when Johnny Cage does his nut crake.
Gone are the days of Subbies deep freeze Uppercutt combo lol.

I do like the change though. Yeah link combos are from MK3, but that was the only thing that relly past down in fighting.

DA had some cool death moves, and MKD, had some GREAT Death traps.

Street Fighter had not relly change that much, besides fighting Spiderman and SNK. oh yeah and the Supers, they added that in, but in fighting wise, Ryu in Cap vs SNK, would still have problems with Ryu in SF2. Just my points.

I know the Subzero in DA, could beat the Subzero in MK1.

Joker1237
how long as it been since Street Fighter had a SOLO game with out the cross overs with MArvel, and SNK???

SaTsuJiN
Street Fighter III ?.. Street Fighter III : 2nd Impact.... Street Fighter III : 3rd Strike....

SFIII may appear the same on the outside, but as soon as you pick it up
you will feel how different it plays.. also another thing I love about street fighter 3 is that you can win with just regular kicks and punches if you're good enough.. MK it feels like you have to rely on switching up those combos to keep in play

Joker1237
yes the combos play a big part, And in most cases decide the out come of a fight, The power movies are there, but they dont change the game play.

Combos do. Besides, I think the combos are cool. It was the big thing when MK3 came out.

I like Mk3, only complain I have is the Fats are a bit sloppy(They did have some cool ones.) And the run button.

That is my only complian about it. I played SF3, but I dont like it as much as SF2. MK3 suffers the same way, Good game, but it fails when compare with MK2.

Joker1237
oh yeah, And I think The Shokan Kintaro would walk though most to all the best fighters of Street fighter.

Ryu vs Kintaro would be a mismatch, Yep Dead Ryu.

SaTsuJiN
then ryu's evil side would come out :

http://www.absoluteanime.com/street_fighter/evil_ryu.jpg

and then he'd have to open up a can stick out tongue

http://www.evilrodriguinho.hpg.ig.com.br/evil_ryu_ultimate_evil_rodriguinho.gif

Joker1237
And this is Kintaro after a easy win over Evil Ryu.

Joker1237
But this is a fake I found.

But this is the greatness fight between 2 evil guys know to man, Well Bison is sure as well is dead.

mr.smiley
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joker1237
If you notice, the fake has the Movie M Bison from the game.

The Street Fighter the movie video game, well did not do that well.

It was a sad game, But I think if they want a MK Street Fighter cross over, or if, they do it, the actors of the movies design from the game might work lol.

Van Dame as Guile lol.

mr.smiley
a street fighter vs mk would be awesome.
i would love to see fei long take on johnny cage since their both martial arts actors.

Joker1237
yeah thats a fight I pay to see, The shadow kick(MY favor move in MK) vs Fei's fire kick.

wolf biologist
I have to go with street fighter on this one. I just like it better and the characters are not as fake. And you could get Kintaro,Goro, Shao Khan, Chinook, and Noobs against Shin Akuma, Dark Ryu, and Ultimate Rugal and street fighter team would win.

Yeah that's what I thought.

SaTsuJiN
Ultimate rugal isnt street fighter.. that character belongs to SNK

Joker1237
Mortal Kombat is NOT ":Fake"

I still side with Mortal Kombat here. And Shin Akuma would lose to the all powerfull Sho Kahn. "I rule this world. So bow to me'. Feel the Power of Shao Khan, . Are you still trying to WIN??? Khan just does not BEAT you, he taughts you.

I have beating Akuma with evey other chart in Street Fighter, I cant say the same with Khan, in MKT. I only beat him with 1 guy, and that is Subbie.

Same goes with Kintaro, I did not BEAT Kintaro with evey one, Just Scorpin and Subzero.

Motoro, well Sheeva is the only one with flawless victorys, Evey one else has a life or death stuggle with him.

Street Fighter is relly out class here. Sure they "Might" beat Cage, Subzero, or Liu" MIGHT" But what are they going to do once they run into the SUPER CHEAP bosses???? There going to lose.

choosewisely
the only fight game i like is def jam ffn

wolf biologist
SO JOKER1237 if it was up to you who would you choose to be the top 5 strongest characters in M.K. and top five in Street fighter. You can use anyone from any of their games.

Joker1237
Top 5 K

Sho Khan. From MKT
Kintaro From MK2
Motroro. From MK3 Arcad(I dont want him tone down like they did for the home versons.

The Dragon King, From MKD
And mmmm, I guessing Tsung from DA. OR his buddy. Nah I going for Goro. From MK4. He was tough to get by.

Joker1237
Street Fighter top 5

Bison, From SF2. the First SF2. He was tone down in the later SFs.
Akuma from SF2. Which one, I cant rember, he was in a few of them. MAybe the new challgers.

Ryu. He is the same in most, Or evil Ryu same guy ete.
Grill, Yeah he may be cheap. But MK's bosses are cheaper, I have beating Grill with evey other fighter, I never did spend the time to unlock him. That is too long.

And Chun Li, She did take down Bison, or so it says in SF3.

SaTsuJiN
You forgot sagats high and low tiger fireball and then if the enemy tried to jump you just do a roundhouse for anti-air

Joker1237
Saget yeah he was a good fighter, I should replace Chun Li with Saget.

But I choose Chun Li over Saget was

Bison, Grill, Akuma, and Ryu are, should are above Saget(Ryu did get that cheap shot in to win the fight, though. Saget thought he won and walk over to help his foe off the ground, before being hit by the dragon punch. Cheap move.)

Chun Li took down Bison. and I think one on one, Chun Li can hold her own with Ryu or Saget. I stick with my pick. Saget would make a top 6 though.

wolf biologist
Joker who is grill do you mean gill? And if there any relationship between goro and kintaro and motaro?

Joker1237
1 Gill

2 no relationship between Goro Kintaro and Motoro

Both Goro and Kintaro are Shokan. But when Goro lost the tourment to Kang, Kintaro step up to defend the honor of his race in MK2. or something like that.
Motaro's race are the arch enemy of Goro, Kintaro's Shokan. But Motaro did not lived long to relly have a impack on a rival reationship with Goro.
He was slain by Sheeva a female 4 arm Shokan.

Crazy88No.1
Street fighter, definetly, miles better than Mortal Kombat

Joker1237
if you think about it

MK1 was better than SF1. (I know the game was made in like 88)

MK2 was better than SF2. IMO

MK3 was better than SF3 3rd stike. Some how SF3 was a big let down imo. Gill was not as a cool boss as Bison. OR not even cool. Mortoro in MK3 was well not relly cool, but he was not weak too.

MK4 was better than SF4, of couse I dont recall a SF4. Ok MK4 was better than the 3d SF.

And MKDA and MKD are better than the 100's of cross overs Street fighter had with MArvel and SNK and Sonic. SF is sadly reduce to this. IT needs to come out with a solo game, and soon.

wolf biologist
Well joker out of Goro,Kintaro, Sheeva, and Motaro who is stronger? And is can't remember where but I once saw goro or kintaro with thier brother? It was in a animated movie and the guy I am talking about was black and had 4 arms. Have you ever seen this?

wolf biologist
Also do you think that shin akuma could beat shao khan and who do you think is the strongest character in Any MK?

Joker1237
I think Kintaro was the stronger one out of the 4. Goro maybe comes in 2nd, if you take his MK4 form. Than Seeva. Motaro seems to have no answer for the ground jump thing she does. Or the CPU that is.

Akuma might win this, But he have to take Kahn out and Fast. If Akuma goes get trap in a coner or something like that, he is doom. and is it just me, or is it hard knocking Khan down in MKT?

wolf biologist
Joker have you ever seen the black guy I wrote about? And yes khan is very hard to knock down in MKT.

Joker1237
Dont think I see it. I suppose. Which guy are you talking about?

savagerampage
Onaga from Mk Deception will cream most of the street fighters including shin akuma

Dyingstar
OF COURSE !!!!!!! MMMMMMMWAAAAAHHAHAAHAHAA

jackstain
kintaro is stronger....but motaro is second...he was shao kahn's general, and as for goro and kintaro being brothers, not true. and akuma wuld beat shao kahn easily, without breakin a sweat.

Joker1237
not a swat?? I think this will be a VERY CLOSE FIGHT. I favor Khan to win though.

alic88
well there were two street fighter games for me

there was this one in SEGA: with 3 characters blaze,axel and adam, that was the best fighting game of its time for me. i was 6 years old when i used2play it and i used to play it non-stop. at that time it was the best fighting game ever. i just brought it into this thread because i dont know maybe its name was also street fighter. any1 know about this?

Joker1237
Streets of Rage, Thats not Street Fighter.

Of couse Streets of Rage was a good game in its own right. Never did beat it though.

Dyingstar
lol I think Noob Saibot and Ninja Smoke can kill em all

Joker1237
yeah they are a hard team to beat lol. I think there ONE health BAR could beat most Tekken tag teams lol.

They have to many combos, and even that infinty combo, that they have.

Dyingstar
DAM SMOKE AND NOOB COULD LOSE

Joker1237
Smoke and Noob cant lose relly. MKD does have a few flaws, and Smoke Noob has that infinty combo that I heard, it starts with down attack(I think its 4 attack) and a thown or something, and you keep repeating it. Cheap combo, but you cant get out of it once it lands, Most MKD players on line are kinda of upset about these 100 percent combos lol. Some fighters have it, others dont, and Noob Smoke are one of the fighters to have 100 percent combos.

Dyingstar
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGG I DIDNT KNOW THAT, Street Fighters would be dead(FATALITY)

mr.smiley
how about this.
we split it up into several different fights.

eight man tournement.

1.ryu vs liu kang (both at full power)

2.scorpion vs ken

3.akuma vs goro

4.m.bison vs sho kahn

5.sonya blade vs chun li

6.shang tsung vs guile

Joker1237
Fight 1 is close, other trend, could go either way.

KEn is out match vs Scorpion.

I think I take Akuma over Goro, depended on WHICH Goro, it could be a close fight, Akuma beats Goro in MK1. But MK4 Goro and MKD Goro could make it a close fight.

Khan over Bison. Bison is not even on the level of Khan.

I think Li beats Blade, But like Liu vs Ryu, It is a very CLOSE fight.

Tsung beats Guile, I relly think Guile is out of his lead here.

mr.smiley
sweet.

Dyingstar
lol

barrinalo
Well, if you look at it from a purely competitive point of view, Street Fighter has been a game at Evo for the past three years, and Mortal Kombat Deception is merely a candidate for inclustion this year. Not to say that MK is a bad series. . . But you do hve to admit that the fighting engine for the game in general hasn't been all that spectacular until recently.

mr.smiley
the way i see it,in the beginning street fighter had better gameplay.
but mk had better characters and a better story.
now mk in my opion has better gameplay.
the story was getting lame until this recent mk came out.

mr.smiley
Anyone else?

SaTsuJiN
well.. both of them have mediocre stories considering the typicality of fighting games.... revenge.. desire for power... seeking someone thought to have vanished etc.

I like MK's new attempt at gameplay.. but its just pitiful how badly its lacking in basic moves... you get like 4 regular punches/or kicks , and maybe 6 combo's per style.. if that... then.. theres only 1 absolute combo to chain all the styles together, which, if you arent sorely lacking memory, you can block it the next time someone uses it.

Street fighters only fault is the repetition.. sure they came out with this grand parry system for SF3.. but now they're at a brick wall..

still.. as it stands.. SF3 has the upper hand (maybe not in graphics... but old school gamers will look past that)

CorderaMitchell
no no no MK has no Superior game play,

Though street fighter is darn repetitive, it has many characters with different stats ( fast characters wiht low defense, counter characters, and slow strong ones ) that MK doesn't have, and SF has that millisecond timing and variety that keeps me comin

though mk deception is very fun with many gameplay options, any hard core gamer will spot problems in the game mechanics. Dial up combos,unbalanced char, odd detection, block combo block, and no real depth for FIGHTING fans unless they are not to picky and love the char like me, andother things. However mk is a step above where it was sinking and i would give it a 4/5 anyday.

SaTsuJiN
I agree... definately a shining hour for MK.. I hope they try harder with future releases

CorderaMitchell
actually come up with some technique perhaps.

AdventChild
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/239473
big grin

CorderaMitchell
interesting, very,interesting.

Hoshi
it was very cool indeed

mr.smiley
Check this out

http://www.acid-play.com/download/dragonball-vs-street-fighter/

CorderaMitchell
wow if only i could buy it............

SaTsuJiN
heh.. you could get stuff like that for free.. if you get Mugen
my friend has like a 10 crossover game.. it gets quite silly o_o..
dragonball vs street fighter vs mortal kombat vs marvel superheroes vs super smash brothers (rofl)

CorderaMitchell
really is there anyway to have this on consoles.

Hoshi
not really in consoles , but you can record in a cd and play in the psone or ps2 or even gamecube , but you have to have a videogame cracked

CorderaMitchell
thats just too much for me............

CorderaMitchell
lol.

TheJuggernaut
Zombie Lui Kang would kick SF's ass

CorderaMitchell
HE couldn't beat sakura

brainchild81
The last great MK Game was MKII.

Emperor Ashtar
This thread was fulled with people who have no idea about Street Fighter, apparently Street Fighters engine has never changed.

StyleTime
Well, I mean Street Fighter II is the exact same as Third Strike after all.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by StyleTime

Yep, they exactly the same, look the same, and use the exact same engine. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

shin_remy
Originally posted by StyleTime

ooh please... sigh* god you're a moran

Emperor Ashtar
He's being sarcastic, but I guess it doesn't translate well without the emotocons.

King Nothing
*sigh* I still like MK, a little bit. It's just that last time there was a GOOD MK, arcades were still VERY popular.

Emperor Ashtar
Mortal Kombat 2 is the best of the series, But yeah arcades are dead.

King Nothing
My favorite is the one for DreamCast, I think it was called MK Ultimate or something along those lines.

brainchild81
I hated that one. MK w/out Cage just isn't MK

King Nothing
Johnny Cage is the is so damn corny, I love that guy. laughing

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by King Nothing
Johnny Cage is the is so damn corny, I love that guy. laughing "Those were 500 dollar sungalsses as5-hole "I love that line.

brainchild81
laughing "This is where you fall"

King Nothing
He gave him the good old Nutt Kracker, a low blow that cost Goro his life.

quanchi112
mk crushes these street fighters

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by AdventChild
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/239473
big grin
Meh. This one's better IMO stick out tongue (the sequel to what you posted).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXPFgRsVUE

There's a sequel to that as well (but I personally like MK vs SF II best)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OrzzD7rPT4

Anyhow, as for the topic at hand, MK and SF both have their ups and downs, obviously. I guess which series is "better" to you just depends on which you like/prefer more. I prefer Mortal Kombat more-so, but that's just me.

Meh. After reading all 6 pages of this old thread, I really don't have anything to say that others haven't already said >.>...

DarkC
Ken vs Rayden

Ryu vs Scorpion

Shin Akuma vs Khameleon

Xenogears
Originally posted by DarkC
Shin Akuma vs Khameleon Get the **** over here! laughing

Violent2Dope
Honestly, even tho MK has Gods and stuff, the MK characters are considerably weaker than SF characters.

Xenogears
If you haven't yet V2D, you should watch that animation.

Joker1237
I have collected all the MK games 1-7. I also collection all the SF games 1-3. (Minus the Vs series.)

As it stands I felt MK was better OVERALL.

Sf1.
What to say its 1987, and the graphics for the game were pretty neat. The problem is the control. My hands were busted up trying to have Ryu(Or Ken) do a fire ball, and the controls are just wack. Also the power levels are crazy. One super move and half your(Or there) life bar is gone. I enjoy the game, but the controls were just 2 hard. And Adon and Saget are pretty hard to beat.

SF2 plus later SfII's. Yes I added it all in ONE big Street Fighter mania. classic. It's only rival in the arcades in its hay day was Mortal Kombat, and action games. Perhaps the Turtles. Over all its pretty good. Added the Supers. Neat fighting system, amazing graphics. I loved Cammy. It was amazing at that time.

SF Alpha imo is BETTER than SF2. I talking of SFA3 of couse. That was the BEST SF game of all time imo. Cammy, Bision, Sakrua, Ryu, Ken, just wow. Supers, actions, EASYIER controls than compare to SF2 or even SF1. Eveything was perfect.

SF3 was a down fall imo. Nothing great. Sure the perry system was a nice feature. As in real fighting, perry is perfer. But they took out all the classic fighters, and put in LAMER versions of these classic fighters. The boss was someone to forget imo.

Over all only SFII and SFAlpha were the top games imo.

Violent2Dope
LMAO that vid made Akuma the biggest pussy alive!

Xenogears
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
LMAO that vid made Akuma the biggest pussy alive! yes

Violent2Dope
"You will be the Emperor's new sex slave." Lol!

Xenogears
laughing out loud

MadMel
thank god!!!
i though someone revived the old MK vs SF

btw i like MK better..ive played a few SFs, but they were all pretty much the same, and got boring quick..
MK, however, has never got boring to me...the only bad MK games (in my opinion) are the mythologies - sub zero and the special forces..
mortal kombat FTW!!!!

Kazenji
Originally posted by MadMel
the only bad MK games (in my opinion) are the mythologies - sub zero and the special forces..

Indeed. Also the only good MK game thats not a fighting game is shaolin Monks speaking of that its needs a sequal.

ragesRemorse
street fighter wins because they had a character designed after bruce lee. Any type of incarnation of Bruce Lee would kick anythings ass even transformer zombies

mr.smiley
thank god!!!
i though someone revived the old MK vs SF

btw i like MK better..ive played a few SFs, but they were all pretty much the same, and got boring quick..
MK, however, has never got boring to me...the only bad MK games (in my opinion) are the mythologies - sub zero and the special forces..
mortal kombat FTW!!!!

I think Deadly Alliance and Deception was a huge leap in the right direction for the MK franchise.I think Street Fighter needs a good revamp or to take another risk.MK"S transition was good for them,because they had a decent story and some good characters.They just needed some solid gameplay mechanics.They are now getting their and IMO,surpassing SF.

SF had solid gameplay,a somewhat abscent story at times,and some memorable characters itself.The problem is it's such a solid 2D game that if they tweak it too much it just F*$ks it up.I think SF should do a few solid solo games with Ryu & Ken and go from their.

Rascaduanok

SmashBro
I hope they make a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game. That's a real dream match there. I heard Ed Boon had thought about making one too. I just get so sick of people on other forums saying "it's never gonna happen" like they know for sure. PLEASE!!!

MadMel
why did you revive this??

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by SmashBro
I hope they make a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter game.

Doubt it.

Good question.

mr.smiley
HAHAH.

Someone revived my monster to wreak havoc on KMC once more!

MMHAHAAHA

SmashBro

I don't see anything wrong with this topic. Besides, I just felt like talking about it.

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Doubt it.

How come?

Furion
Scorpion pwns everylast Street Fighter. Then Scorpion spits on them and laughs.

MadMel
Originally posted by SmashBro
I don't see anything wrong with this topic. Besides, I just felt like talking about it.
the question was answered, and the topic died...no amount of reviving is going to change the fact that this thread brought out the worst of people...even more so than the superman vs goku thread erm
anyways, MK wins...nothing in SF can stand up to the likes of the MK powerhouses like shinnok, shao kahn, raiden and onaga erm

SmashBro
the question was answered, and the topic died...no amount of reviving is going to change the fact that this thread brought out the worst of people...even more so than the superman vs goku thread erm
anyways, MK wins...nothing in SF can stand up to the likes of the MK powerhouses like shinnok, shao kahn, raiden and onaga erm

I just put my own thought in it since I was in the mood for it. Wouldn't make sense to make a new topic just to do that.

Cosmic Cube
anyways, MK wins...nothing in SF can stand up to the likes of the MK powerhouses like shinnok, shao kahn, raiden and onaga erm I think only real threats to the Street Fighters you named are Shinnok and Onaga.

And Street Fighter has powerhouses like Oro, Urien, and Gill. If it is a victory in MK's favor, it isn't like it's a curbstomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.