Spike's Stargate: Alpha - Mission 1.4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Steve, you wake up. It's almost pitch black around you, you can make out some shutters on a window, lit up by what appears to be a full moon. Looking around, you can also see a woman, sitting on what could be a chair, she turns to you and raises her finger to her lips. Outside you hear a scream and snarls that sound like that of a wolf. Then you black out agin, not sure if it was a dream or not.

Andrei, you awake, light is poaring in through an open window, you see Pompey talking to a woman, his arm and face scratched badly. You can't quite make out what they're saying, only picking out the odd words.

"He was almost dead...................symbiote.......................another ship...........................................saved my son...........................they should be fine........................................................moon.....tonight...."

Then you too black out.

Steve, you wake up again, not knowing where you are. Looking around you can see two other beds. Kael lies on one, small cuts all over his face and ripped clothes. Andrei lies on the other, he looks asleep. There is no sign of Pompey or the woman from your dream.

On Earth, it has been several weeks since O'neil and SG-1 saved Earth from Goa'uld invasion (again) O'neil is frozen in Antartica and the rest of his team are doing their best to unfreeze him.

Kael
Gets up out of his bed, and walks outside to have a look around. While scratching his head, he looks for his weapon.

SpikeSpiegel
You get up, your body still sore. You must have been very badly hurt not to have healed yet. Your weapons, and armor for that matter have gone. Although you do still have the GDO.

The room you're in is small, it's walls made of sandstone and a small window carved into one wall. The window's shutters and the door are made out of a deep brown wood. The only decoration in the room is the three beds, a chair made of the same wood as the doors and a small skin rug.

Kael
Goes up to the door, and attempts to open it.

SpikeSpiegel
You open it, on the other side is a slightly larger room. It is of the same stone as your room and has the same wood shutters and doors. There is more in this room. A table, several chairs, a bookcase, a bench, and a fireplace, with a large metal pot hung over it.

rusky
I wake up too... I check on Steve..

Kael
Goes to the nearst closed door and opens it (hopefully).

Trickster
Steve looks up at ,
"Where are we...? Where's Pompey?"

SpikeSpiegel
Kael, you open the door onto a large, balcony, there are steps down to a busy street level. There are markets around, selling various foods, cloths and other various comodities. Looking around you can't see Pompey at all.

EDIT: by the way, I'm going to post the ver. 3 rules (which should be the final update, I'm happy with the way they're looking on paper, just need to test them out) by the end of next week. That is a definate. Then I should be able to run the training mission concurently with this mission.

(I used a big word stick out tongue)

Kael
Walks down the stairs, onto the busy street.

Where's the big word? stick out tongue

rusky
"Not sure where we are... Pompey isn't anywhere close either.."

SpikeSpiegel
No-body seems to notice you Kael, a few people turn to look at your strange clothes and then walk away, but that's as much attention as you get.

SpikeSpiegel
Further along the street, a familiar fellow walks towards you, he has his back turned to you and is waving to some people in a large building. Alongside his is a youngish attractive woman.

The two move closer, looking up Pompey spots you.

"Kael! You should still be resting!" Pompey says running up the stairs to you. He looks inside, "All of you should be."

Kael
"I have rested long enough. Where are we?"

rusky
"Hey there Pompey!
Soo.. where exactly are we ? And who is this pretty lady *winks* ?" big grin cool

SpikeSpiegel
"We are on a world known as Sinai. We crashed here when the cargo ship was hit by the blast wave from Memphis' ship. Kael, you were hurt the worst, you flew forwards and even impaled yourself on part of the ship, you were a bit of touch and go for a while. The rest of you must have passed out from the crash." He then looks at Andrei and smiles, "This is Alyca, she's a local from around here, she nursed you to perfect health."

Alycia seems to be looking around for someone, glancing up at you and smiling when she hears her name, before looking around again.

Kael
"How far away is the stargate?"

SpikeSpiegel
"About ten miles to the North, although it's a dangourous path. No-one here has seen it in over three decades. Now let us head inside."

Kael
"Whats dangerous on the path, im sure we could handle it" he says, then suddenly collapses onto the ground beneath, with aloud thud.

rusky
laughing out loud

We should probably try to get to the stargate as soon as we can...

SpikeSpiegel
laughing out loud No-one rushes to Kaels aid stick out tongue

Pompey grabs you as you fall and moves you over to a chair. "There are things here the likes of which you've never seen. We could probably get there in just over three hours, if we were all in our best health. But spending that long outside the city is dangourous. We were lucky to have crashed into one of the farmers fields, next to the city walls."

At that moment Alyca enters the room. "Pompey, have you seen Jules around?"

"No, he is most likely playing with some friends." Pompey looks at the rest of you "If you're well enough, we could take a tour of the city while looking for young Jules."

rusky
"Yep, I'm sure Kael will be just fine.. Who is this Jules ?"

SpikeSpiegel
"He's my son." Alyca says, "his father died just after he was born, protecting our city"

Kael
"Go and look for Jules, while i heal" he says while coughing up blood.

SpikeSpiegel
"You sure you'll be alright?" Pompey asks, looking at you concerned, "You took the most of the blow from the crash."

Kael
"I shall be fine" Kael says while coughing some more "Go and rescue the boy"

SpikeSpiegel
I never said he was in trouble...and what a thing to say when the kids mum is right there.

"Rescue?" She asks, "You think he'll be in trouble...Then we must find him soon" She's getting more and more agitated.

rusky
"Ok...Let's go find the boy then..."
"Oh...one more thing.... u said his father died protecting the city. What was he protecting it from ?"

SpikeSpiegel
Alyca looks down and simply says, "them."

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey looked at her and then at you guys, widening his eyes and cocking his head towards the door. Signaling that he would tell you outside. "Alyca, could you stay here and look after Kael. Don't worry about Jules, we'll find him."

rusky
Ok.. I go outside and wait..

SpikeSpiegel
Well, Trickster's on his hols at the moment, so I'll control him until he gets back to keep things moving.

Pompey and Steve follow you outside onto the balcony. Pompey looks back at Alyca before deciding it too early to tell you the planets secrets.

"This is one of the cities main streets. Every third day merchants from the East side of the city come here to buy and sell. Some are parts of large companies, others work for themselves." He walks down the steps, "you can buy fresh food, clothes, jewelry, pretty much anything at all. Now if you'll follow me we'll move south and then come around the other side of the city. I doubt Jules has wondered that far, but there is much to talk about and see."

rusky
I follow...

"So.. Who is attacking this city ? Or this planet ?"

SpikeSpiegel
"That question should wait until we are away from the crowds." Pompey whispers to you, looking around to make sure no-one heard you. "Now then, if you stay close to me we'll head into the South market. The city isn't that large, it takes about an hour to get all the way around." He then whispers to you again, "slightly longer for us though"

rusky
"How come" Andrei whispers..

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey just winks at you and heads off down the street, not turning to check to see if you are folllowing him.

rusky
I follow..

SpikeSpiegel
...as does Steve.

Pompey leads to through a couple of left turns. There are no people in the streets here, above you hang wires with clothes on. Most ripped and covered with dirt.

"This is the bad part of the city. The slums, it is closer to the walls and as far away from the gates as you can get. The closer to the centre you get the nicer the buildings and people are. People are more at risk from them here. They come over the walls taking those who they need, for whatever reason they deam fit. Food, slaves, experiments whatever they like. So far they only come around the full moon, although there have been a few exceptions. It seems that the moon is linked to some type of ceremony for them. They come to get food to feast and slaves to satisfy their desires...so the folk here know." he spots several people coming out of one building and smiles at them, moving the two of you back "I will say more when we are alone again."

rusky
Uh-uh... big grin
I keep going..

SpikeSpiegel
You walk onwards, back to the market, ready to head through into the centre.

If you have any questions you wish to ask Pompey, about Memphis, the story, your dreams, your weapons, the crash etc. feel free to ask away. As would be in the last bit of the series this is to clear up any unanswered questions and get you home.

rusky
Ooooh,,, oky :

1) "Can I keep this TER thingie ? big grin "
2) "What happened to Memphis ?"
3) "What about the other guy ? (the lord Memphis wanted us to kill)"
4) "I had this strange dream..... (I explain)..... who were you talking to ?"

SpikeSpiegel
Woah, didn't expect anyone to ask all the questions stick out tongue

Pompey turns and looks at you, not stopping or slowing down. "I am afraid the TER's were either brocken or lost in the crash. The rest of your equipment was damaged, and needed to be removed so you could survive."

He then sighs, "I am not sure of what happened to Memphis. He could have escaped after us in the other cargo ship, but he would have been much closer to the blast and would be more seriously wounded. If he crashed, it is far out from the city in amongst all the debris fallen from the ship. But he wouldn't stand long out there, if he was as badly hurt as we were, probably more so, he would die. There's no-one out there to help him."

Pompey suddenly stops, he looks up to the sky. "Anubis...? Well, he's either destroyed your planet, dead, or building his armies again. He was heading to Earth last I knew. It doesn't look good, I'm afraid. That is why if and when we do get to the Stargate we must gate to a Tok'ra ocupied world first, and then try Earth to see if it is still there. Hopefully the Tok'ra will know of the events there."

"I was talking to Alyca...It was after I fought against them." He is talkiing quietly now. "As I have said I shall explain later."

SpikeSpiegel
Walking along, and nearing the cities centre, Pompey snorts. "Memphis was a fool..." is all he says.

SpikeSpiegel
As you walk through the streets the buildings become larger and larger. Some even have glass windows. Compaired to the rest of the houses in the city these are big, expensive ones. Mompey suddenly moves into a dark alley. He turns and signals you to follow, moving further back into the alley.

rusky
I follow pompey into the dark alley...

SpikeSpiegel

Maybe you should rephrase that stick out tongue

K, Steve folllows you in, looking around for any signs of trouble. Pompey moves to a ridge and climbs onto it, moving up through the ridges. When he gets to the top he checks around to make sure it's clear and then signals you up.

rusky
...and then I **** *** ** *** **** **** ****** ** ********!!!! stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

I climb to the top as well..

SpikeSpiegel
As does Steve, Pompey keeps low and moves forwards, hopping over a gap between buildings. His voice turns to a whisper.

"This is the "core" of the city. It is restricted to "commoners" and there are guards that patrol the streets in search of anyone who disobays the rules." He points directly ahead, "Over there is our destination. Stay low, and be careful. We're going to take a little shortcut to the west side of the city. Then we'll need to stealthily move to our destination. Where the mysterys of the planet should finally make sense." He looks up to the sky, "I hope we're fast enough to get there before dark. For tonight is a full moon. Kael should be healing fine and I told him to look for Jules and then meet us at the North exit to the city."

SpikeSpiegel
Right, sorry about the delay. Been busy with coursework.

Kael: Alyca has moved to the kitchen. You are feeling better now, well enough to move around. You remember what Pompey whispered to you just before he left. You don't know what he's planning to do, but hope it could be a way off this planet. You can hear some kids voice somewhere outside.

Steve and Andrei: Down on the street below you can see some guards moving, they have swords on their belts and you can see something else at their waist. You've never seen anything like it, it is about the size of a pack of playing cards, and has an extra lump at one end, pointing down. There are two buttons on it. Pompey just moves along, stopping to see what's keeping you. Ahead you can see a large building, it is decorated like a palace, but there are some things on it. Black boxes around all of it's towers. Pompey points, as if to say that is where you are heading.

rusky
"Is it safe to talk yet ?"

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey nods, then whipers "but quietly"

Rusky, Trickster - you two sorted out who's going to be Col. in ver. 3?

Trickster
Nope...

Could you give me a recap on this story? I've been away.

SpikeSpiegel
No problem, nice to have you back.

You've crash landed on a planet. You were rescued and placed in the hands of a young woman named Alyca, who has cared for you back to perfect health. The houses are made of a sort of sand stone, and all the furnature is made of wood, there is little leather/metal/other things that you see around the house nowadays.
You had a strange "dream" when you first awoke (first post for details). Pompey has taken you and Andrei to "find Alyca's son, Jules" and also give you a tour of the city. You've visited the slums on the East part of town, the market outside Alyca's house. You are now on some rooftops in the "core" of the city. There are guards that patrol the street of this area.
Pompey seems to have no intention of looking for Jules on this trip, and has asked Kael to find him and meet you at the North exit of town.

That's about it...I think. I may have missed a couple of details.

Kael
Follows Alyca into the kitchen, then says "do you have idea where your son might be?"

SpikeSpiegel
"He's probably out playing with some of his friends. But he always tells someone where he's going. I'm worried because his friends are the risk taking sort. I'm afraid they may try and explore the core."

Kael
"Where is the core?"

SpikeSpiegel
Alyca looks at you, forgetting for a second that you're a stranger to these lands. "The core is the centre of the city. It is restricted to common folk, like us"

Kael
"Anything else i need to know, before i go and try to find your son"

Trickster
Just Kael? Or can we all have a go?

SpikeSpiegel
No. You, Andrei and Pompey are sneaking around on rooftops in the out-of-bounds "core" of the city. The only reason that Kael has to do it is because he made his character badly hurt, so I had to adjust the story mad But he'll get his comupence evil face

"Nothing other than he and his friends like to be adventurers, playing down backalleys and the likes" Alyca responds.

Kael
"I will be on my way" opens the door, and walks onto the busy street.

SpikeSpiegel
You move outside back onto the balcony. ALong the road you can see some kids playing with marble type toys.

Kael
Walks up to the kids "Have you seen Jules?"

SpikeSpiegel
As you walk up to them the kids look at you and run away into an alley.

Kael
Follows the kids into the alley.

SpikeSpiegel
You sick, sick man...

rusky
laughing

soo...what were we (me, pompy and steve) up to now ?

SpikeSpiegel
on a rooftop looking at the "core":

Down on the street below you can see some guards moving, they have swords on their belts and you can see something else at their waist. You've never seen anything like it, it is about the size of a pack of playing cards, and has an extra lump at one end, pointing down. There are two buttons on it. Pompey just moves along, stopping to see what's keeping you. Ahead you can see a large building, it is decorated like a palace, but there are some things on it. Black boxes around all of it's towers. Pompey points, as if to say that is where you are heading.

rusky
Ok...I follow, I guess....

Trickster
So does Steve...

SpikeSpiegel
OK, you move over the rooftops getting closer and closer. But you're unlucky. Andrei, your foot slips, sending a piece of rubble down onto the street below...even moore unlucky is that a guard was standing right next to the area. His hand goes to the small box at his waist.........

Trickster
Steve flattens himself on the roof.

SpikeSpiegel
You duck down, and Pompey moves further inwards, looking extremely worried.

rusky
"Oh sh**!"
I try to get out of sight and hide somewhere..

SpikeSpiegel
You do so, the guard shouts to one of his near-by companions...it's not going to do any good hiding, he know's something is up there...

rusky
ok...then I try ti stealthily run up to pompey, and continue onwards to the palace thing..

SpikeSpiegel
Sorry about the delay folks, coursework and all.

Kael: You follow the kids into the alley and watch them climb over a wall and over into the slums of the town...the dangerous part of town. One of them stops to look at you before heading over the wall.

Andrei et Steve: You run quickly over to the next building, hopping over the small gap between buildings. You hear Pompey mutter a Tok'ra swear word under his breath as he follows you, easily overtaking you and taking the lead. The guard is now heading up the wall behind you, calling to his companions and raising the small block over the roof and pressing one of the buttons a couple of times. Two greenish beams shoot from it. They miss all of you...this time. Now it's decision time, run or find some place to hide.

Kael
Follows them over the wall, and into the slums.

rusky
hmm....Let's make a run for it, what do u think ?

SpikeSpiegel
OK, then.

Steve and Andrei : Pompey ducks down into one of the alleyways, as the two of you hop over it, the guard is looking over the roof now. He shouts something at you before opening fire, you're not so lucky this time. You're both hit with the blast, your bodies are vaperised completely, you're gone from the rooftops with not a trace of you left...

Kael : You hop over the wall into the slums, as you land you slip on one of the kids marbles. You hit your head on the wall, ouch... In a still dazed state you see one of the kids being dragged off into a nearby doorway. The others have run further on, and down another alley.

Now, some time later for Steve and Andrei (you're not dead...yet), you awake in a small white room. Nothing like the outside of the planet. It's the sort of thing you'ld expaect to find on Earth. There is a glass window on one side. On the other side of the window you can see some people talking. You can barely hear them.

"..and they were stopped before they got close to the lab?"
"Well before, sir"
"Good....any news of the woman who was assigned to look after them?"
"No sir, we checked her house. It was empty. The other two weren't there either." He pauses a while, "it could be possible they are all prepearing for tonight. They think that tonight is the full moon...it would make sense..."
The higher-ranking one laughs, "Yes, but it doesn't matter really now. Tonight it'll all be over..."
They turn and leave, not noticing that the two of you have woken up.

rusky
ooops... (don't kill me steve embarrasment )
"This looks like an interogation room. Hmm..."

Kael
Goes to check out the nearby doorway where the kid was being dragged off into. while holding/rubbing his head.

SpikeSpiegel
Kael, you move to the door way, inside you see something move into the shadows. You can hear a rhaspy voice, "I don't need to wait for tonight to eat...you shall be my appitizer..."

Kael
"Interesting.... Finally i get to kill something"

SpikeSpiegel
With what though? You are unarmed and hurt...

Kael
Fists!? confused

SpikeSpiegel
If you like wink

Kael
Excellent big grin

I will punch and kick it then.

SpikeSpiegel
You run into the room and see something quite horrible. The "thing" is not human, but some sort of geneticallyy modified creature. It's body is like a wolf on two legs, but without it's fur. It's skin is a tanned leather. It's arms and parts of it's body are cybernetic, it's got long hair down it's back, and it's feet are three toes, and a heel that's claw like. It turns slowly to you, showingf it's red eyes................What the hell is going on here???

Kael
Sounds like a horrible looking creature!

"Err....prepare for you demise creature" he says with a grin on his face.

SpikeSpiegel
The creature grins back at you and shoots you with some device on it's hand.

Steve and Andrei, you sit in facing sides of your "cell", when another badly beaten body is bought in, Kael. You hear the guards talking:

"...and the kid's....that's just too disgusting to think about..."
"I know, it means that they are already here..."

They leave.

Kael
"Grrr....Another cell, looks like we will have to wait for pompey to rescue us again."

Trickster
Um... Steve sits down.

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Kael
"Grrr....Another cell, looks like we will have to wait for pompey to rescue us again."

*Gets very large beating stick and proceeds to whack Kael with it*

Stop......guessing.........the............plot..................

*continues to pumel Kael*

rusky
laughing nice... *waits*

Kael
laughing stick out tongue

"Im surprised pompey has arrived yet!"

SpikeSpiegel
*continues to pumel Kael until later*

Trickster
Steve stands up.

SpikeSpiegel
Fine, I'll get it over with...

*Whacks Kael some more...*

You hear a sound above you, then on the other side of the glass Pompey drops down. "You guys are making a habit of this..." He presses a switch on the wall and the window slides open.

*whacks Kael* - That was for not coming to electronics!

Trickster
Steve sits down.

Kael
"Pompey you took your time"

wounded1 Thats alot of whacks, poor little old me.

Trickster
Steve stands up, ready to go.

SpikeSpiegel
"You'll be a little more thankful, or you'll stay here!" Pompey says to you Kael, not joking. "We need to move quickly. There's a lift a few doors south of the room. I don't know how many guards are outside, and we're unarmed."

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for you to post, never noticed you had stick out tongue

rusky
Andrei moves out with the others

SpikeSpiegel
You move out into a small corridor, there is just the cell, a switch and a door. Pompey moves to the door and pulls it open, it's a slide door and it doesn't seem to want to open without the switch being pressed.

Trickster
Steve presses the switch.

SpikeSpiegel
The door shoots open. Pompey stares at you angrly. A couple of guards are turn around in front of you...

Pompey was trying to edge the door open so he could see out and look for guards.

Oh and with regards to your sig, I'ld have to say the monkeys stick out tongue

rusky
Let's bash 'em big grin

Trickster
How many guards?

If there's less than three, and they're like only on the other side of the door, Steve cannonballs into them...

But the clowns have those little cars!

SpikeSpiegel
There are two guards, who you charge into. Smashing them up against the opposite wall, the rest of the corridor is clear. There are several doorways around the corridor.

I still say the monkeys would win.

Trickster
They out? If they're on the floor, Steve kicks one in the stomach.

rusky
evil face

SpikeSpiegel
He grunts in pain.

Trickster
Are they knocked out yet?

SpikeSpiegel
They are after a couple more kicks from you.....ah what the hell, one more just to make sure.

The corrdior seems to be a complete paradox to the world you saw outside. the place is made of a white metal. There are two doors to your left and three to your right, one of them has a green light above them, the rest all have red ones.

rusky
Guess we all know what that means...
*peeks through door with green light*

SpikeSpiegel
It's a small white room, there's a switch just by the door. The room is kinda round, but the wall which the door is on is flat.

rusky
Oh well.... I press the switch..

SpikeSpiegel
Everyone going into the room, I assume?

rusky
GUYS!!! DON'T COME IN, IT'S A TRAP..AAAARRGHHH!!!

j/k.... I hope... big grin

SpikeSpiegel
Is it really that predictable?

but this time it's not a trap stick out tongue It's a lift, which goes down. You're in it for what seems like forever (talk umongst yourselves if you like). The whole place seems strange. Sort of like the TARDIS, everything is completely different on the inside that what it was like outside.

Trickster
"Pompeii, what the hell is going on?" asks Steve, "I thought this was recon or something - what are we even looking at!?"

rusky
*adopts a dumbfounded look*

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey scratches his nose, "You are looking at this planet's hidden laborotory. The creatures that those on the surface know as "them" were created in a place similar to this, outside the city. All access to there has been blocked off. The people of this planet are simple folk so this has to be hidden in the one place they can never go...the palace. We're heading down to our only way off this planet, we could never reach the gate on foot...so we're going to borrow something from these people."

rusky
"And what 'exactly' are we going to 'borrow' from them ?"

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey just winks at you, with a grin on his face. Something tells you you're going to like this

Trickster
"Oh, bloody hell. Let's go then, funny boy."

Kael
Me thinks, i know what it is big grin

SpikeSpiegel
*gets baseball bat ready*

What do you think it is?

Kael
hehe.....

Depends how well my memory serves me, but would it be some sort of vehicle ninja

Trickster
Time for the lift to arrive, Spike?

SpikeSpiegel
Not yet. Sorry for the delay. I'm snowed under with coursework that has to be done for Tuesday.

SpikeSpiegel
All work and no play make Spike very angry mad

The lift lands softly at the very bottom floor - you half expect to hear a "ding" sound when the doors open, but there is none. You appear to be somewhere near to the ground level of the outside. The walls are the same type of sandstone. There's a large wooden wall on one side of the room. The lights are all off, you can only see tiny bits of the room via the streams of light coming through the holes in the wood.

"It's the engineer's day off today..." Pompey says, moving forward and grabbing hold of what appears to be a rail to your left, "come on" he urges.

~Sorry guys, this sequence was meant to be much longer, but I've had to cut it down so I still have time to do this AND my overdue coursework (which if I don't do I may be kicked off the course - shit)

Trickster
Steve follows, grabbing hold of the rail.

SpikeSpiegel
You hear Pompey hopping down some stairs, "I hope it's still here....it's the only way we're going to get off this rock...Look for some lights"

rusky
Andrei follows as well... looking for the lights..

SpikeSpiegel
Your hand hits a switch and the whole room is suddenly illuminated by white lights along the top edges of the room. In the centre of the area down some stairs is a jeep type vehicle. On it's back is a huge mini-gun looking object. It's a kinda sandy grey colour, and there is two seats in the front and two in the back - plus a place for someone to control the gun. Pompey moves towards it and gets into the drivers seat.

rusky
yey big grin
I'll take the machinge gun (first 2 say :P )

Trickster
Someone's been playing too much Halo...

Steve hopped in next to Pompeii and sat down.

rusky
big grin

Trickster
stick out tongue

Spike likes the warthog!
Can we call this one the Muddypig?

SpikeSpiegel
I like puma stick out tongue Seriously though, I thought up the idea of this mission the day Halo 2 came out....wonder if it's shown stick out tongue

Just waiting for Kael

Kael
Well as i have little choice. sad
I'll have to go in the back.

I prefer the name Muddypig stick out tongue

SpikeSpiegel
You get no say - skiver!!!

Pompey slams down on the gas as you fly forwards, out of the woodern doors and onto the desert streets.

"Hold on!" He yells back, twisting through several alleyways. Behind you you can see several guards chasing after you - obviously this is a hugh breach in their protocol. Ahead you can see a crowd of people gathered - the market...

rusky
Andrei remains alert to any potential threat..

SpikeSpiegel
The guards behind you start shooting at you - hoping to hit their mark....but at -4, -1, +0 and -3 they all miss, hitting the buildings around you.

rusky
(should I shoot at them ? I mean, they should prolly be far far away by now, right ? )

Trickster
If he's in range, Steve starts shooting.

SpikeSpiegel
Steve is unfortuantly too far away, and with only a small plasma-gun weapon that was on the floor of the......uh....."MuddyPig"........As does Kael.

But Andrei, who called shotgun for the mini-gun on the back is within range and gets an impressive 5 rolls to decide damage :
-4 - miss
+1 - miss
-4 - miss
+2 - hit - +2 for 12 damage (eek!)
+3 - hit - +3 for 14 damage (double eek!)

The problem with the mini gun is thaty although it has a high damage factor, it also has a very low accuracy, needing a +2 to even hit - with no bonus damage from a direct hit.

SpikeSpiegel
Pompey drives up a large staircase, flying over the croud of people and beyond into the slums. Guards come running, fighting their way through the group of gobsmacked people - ahead of you lies several dead bodies lying casually on the floor

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>