From 1-10 what is the best video game movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
I will add a poll too so you guys can vote if you want.Here is my rates on the movies I picked. JM

"SuperMario brothers"9
"Mortal Komet"Ten
Tomb rider-one
Finally Fanisty-Eight
"Bond movies"One

Ok it is your turn.JM Happy Dance

SaTsuJiN
I voted "Mortal Komet" (lol)
I like "Finally Fanisty" but I think "mortal komet" had a better story and pacing
as for the 1 to 10 thing for the movies you picked :

Mario Bros. - 6.5
Mortal Kombat - 8.5
Tomb Raider - 7
Final Fantasy - 8
.. Im not sure what you mean by "bond movies" but Im going to assume you meant Goldeneye for the nintendo 64..
Goldeneye - 6

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I bet goldeye or what ever it is called.JM Thanks for voting.JM

Dazzler619
Super Mario Bros.- 6
MK-8
Tomb Raider-3
FF-7
James Bond-9

Cinemaddiction
"Resident Evil" - 8/10
"Mortal Kombat" - 7.5/10
"Resident Evil: Apocalypse" - 7/10
"Final Fantasy" - 6.5/10
"Tomb Raider" - 6.5/10
"Tomb Raider 2" - 5.5/10
"Super Mario Brothers" - 5.5/10
"Alone in the Dark - ?/10
"Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" - 4/10
"House of the Dead" - 3/10
"Street Fighter" - 3/10
"Double Dragon" - 2/10

..not sure if there were any other video game movies.

pr1983
i consider resident evil to be bastardised adaptations, so i hate both...

the most faithful imo is mortal kombat...

don't know about the best...

Norma Jean
What the hell is Mortal Komet? blink

Norma Jean
Oh, and 007 movies are way before the games. And the 007 games are awesome. Especially Goldeneye on N64.

SaTsuJiN
you guys forgot street fighter.. <shudder> sick

Stokely
Streetfighter Animated was glorious.

MildPossession
I chose Tomb Raider out of that voting list.

ragesRemorse
spirits within is the only one that really captured the essence of what the video game was about. I guess that is easy seeing how it changes each time though. I would have to say the only three worth mentioning are resident evil, spirits within, and mortal kombat. This is just regaurding the adaptation, the quality of the movies are a different story.

why the hell are people including james bond. There has never been a james bond film made from a video game. Do people actually think that golden eye was a game first? I mean really.

botankus
Lara Croft (1st one only, would not have accepted $1 million dollars to sit through the second one) is one of my top 5 all-time worst movies.

SaTsuJiN
I meant the live action one with van-damme .. sick

hijjaru2
personally i had a hard time deciding

when it comes down to it i chose final fantasy because of the way the graphics turned out

.....but if we had to go along with a plot i would have to chose..........
motal kombat it followed along rally well

papabeard
All of these games spawned the movies , except James Bond, which were movies b4 they were games so doesnt really count.

You could add BloodRayne and Doom to the list. As there are now films of both of these games.

All of these movies are bad, but i think Tomb Raider is the best of this bad bunch.

Myth
Content edited for decency. Consider this a warning.

Smasandian
But you can t add those movies to the list, cause they arnt out yet.

But I think people are giving Super Mario Brothers movie too much credit. It was horrible.

Beastro
What the f**k?

Cinemaddiction
When you consider these movies for what they are, that's precisely how I'd grade them. "Resident Evil", IMO, is a fantastic movie. It's easy to follow, fun to watch, has fantastic special effects, and a great storyline which flows very smoothly.

"RE:A" is a solid summer blockbuster follow-up.

Elektra_lover
Yup big grin

Beastro
Whoa!Whoa! back up to "fantastic movie".It's a mess.You have Mila who's only talent is bad acting and Rodriguez who's only talent is look hot.Alice continues to do near impossible moves throughout the movie and she just utters completely cheap line's.Then where suppose to believe that this big corporation is just out to get everybody so they unleash a virus on there little underground place.Of course it "easy to follow" its one of the movies that doesnt require alot of brain power seeing as how it's so stupid.

A blockbuster yes but its even worse than the first but I think ive already showed my hatred of this film alot in the horror section so I wont go into it here.

Jee CA I thought you where a little less easily amused.

Ironman
Mortal Kombat 10
mario 7

the other two 1 and 1

BackFire
I disagree with everything you said. Special effects were terrible from what I can remember, as was the storyline. And lets not forget the matrix shithole scene when what's her face karate kicks a dog in midair. I think that's the moment I realized I was watching bonofied shit. RE:A was even worse, fell asleep trying to watch it. Only good thing in that was the naked chick zombies big grin

Anyways, Mortal Kombat is my favorite Video Game movie. I think all the others suck ass.

Smasandian
True. MK was pretty good, considering the game has no storyline at all.

Beastro
I know.Once I saw her kick the zombie dog in midair I knew it was gonna be one of those mindless action movies.

The naked zombies chicks arent even enough to recommend the movie.

Cinemaddiction
I think you've got Milla and Michelle mixed, unless you admit to being a fan of tomboy actors. Nothing's "impossible" within the realm of a video game or video game movie. You suspend belief as soon as you walk into movies such as this. The Umbrella Corperation never intended to unleash a virus on the masses, the vial was dropped accidently, and it spread, and then the plant went into secure mode, containing the virus as well as everyone in it. Not all movies have to be thought provoking to be enjoyable, like I said before.

That's fine, and I disagree, as the special effects were fantastic IMO, especially the laser grater corridor scene. As for the kick, she jumped off of a wall to do it. Storyline was one of the smartest to be found in a horror movie, and atleast it wasn't hacked off all the old favorites which is the norm for "Horror" today.

BackFire
Wow, I thought the laser scene was really cheesy, I laughed out loud when I first saw it, looked way to obviously fake.

The kick...yeah, she jumped off the wall, she did karate on a dog, how lame can you get?

I wouldn't call the storyline smart, merely a generic hacking combination of cheap sci fi and poorly constructed horror. But, it was better then the laughable sequel.

Cinemaddiction
A smart script in a Horror would be equivalent to that of, say, "The Punisher". So, for the genre, "Resident Evil" looked lke a MENSA product compared to the rest of 2002's flicks. I think the laser corridor scene provided some of the highest tension I've ever seen in a Horror/Sci-Fi, mostly because I was being owned by the Marilyn Manson/Marco Beltrami score.

BackFire
Oh, thanks for reminding me. Marilyn Manson did some music, another negative. Totally forgot.

Though I get what you're saying about some of the horror storylines, I don't think that's a really reasonable positive for RE. The inept storylines of the other horror films released around the same time doesn't really make RE's any better. Besides, lets not for 28 Days Later was made the same year, which was infinitely better.

*LEGATO*
Super Mario Bros is a movie?

Cinemaddiction
Heh, yeah. 1993 travesty with Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo, and Dennis Hopper.

Beastro
"

Im still trying to digest all of this messed

The little lazer thing was incredibly cheesy and fake.It was just anothe pointless way to put gore into the film.

It doesnt have a "great" storyline.It basically consist of Mila saying cheesy and forced lines while shooting zombies for 90 minutes.The whole thing at the end where her boyfriend was made into nemisis was a lame way to introduce the character.

How where the special effects fantastic?Its not hard to make a couple of guys walk around like zombies and be shot.The only decent special effect was that little monster at the end and that isnt really worth the rental price either.

Cinemaddiction
Of course it's fake, such a thing doesn't exist. It was credible, IMO, and not merely another way to put gore in the movie. It's a maximum security underground research center. Bells and tripwires aren't exactly what we consider "hi-tech" in the new millenium. The storyline has nothing to do with the script, which isn't filled with this cache of one liners you claim it to have. I thought the special effects for the most part were really effective, and I'll recite the defense mechanism in the corridor. There's some pretty solid social commentary to be found in both RE movies, in regards to big corporations.

You can have a negative opinion of the movie, all of you can, but your basis looks to be paper thin.

Beastro
My basis is paper thin?Your the one defending two movies that are on most people I know's top ten worst films of all time.

Of course it was fake.I dont think they would actually lazer real people to death.That fact is it looked fake and cheesy.It was just another way to put gore in because it really didnt have to be there.

Your right it wasnt filled with cheesy one liners.The whole paragraphs and phrases where cheesy.Like at the end where she cocks her shotgunn at the screen.That was so stupid.

BackFire
Another thing I thought was dumb in RE was the CGI zombie faces. Didn't work at all. But then again, zombies took a back seat to bullshit in that movie, so who cares.

Cinemaddiction
You just come off as having some pretty strong, yet shallow reasoning for disliking the movie. It's just..odd..how distrubed you come across, lol. I'd encourage you to get your friends to sign up here at KMC so we can get a feel for what movies they like as well. I'm always up for a legit challenge, lol.

We've apparently got our own opinions. Not much else I can say, really other than as far as video game movies go, I don't think it gets much better than RE.

Beastro
That's what's sad.

BackFire
Mk owns RE, hardcore. The RE games are more fun to watch then the movies are.

Cinemaddiction
There's nothing "sad" about it. Not that I care what you consider sad, your pity is unmerited, frankly. Most people would agree, given the piss-poor track record of the genre.

Beastro
I agree.There much more realistic and they require brainpower stick out tongue

BackFire
And the storylines are generally better. Especially RE4, that game is amazing. It has a more legitimate cinematic feel then the movies ever had.

Beastro
RE:4?Is it a gamecube game or PS2?I've only played RE:1,RE:3,and RE:Code Veronica.

Cinemaddiction
Christ on a cracker. BRAINPOWER to take in a repetitive techno score and some mindless choreographed violence? Are you honestly so brave as to divulge such an opinion?

Say what you want, I'm a fan of the original MK movie, but the sequel was feces.

Beastro
Have you played the games?They do require brainpower.They have a good story and are usually very difficult to beat.Unlike this mockery of a film that consisted of Mila shooting zombies throughout the duration.

BackFire
"Christ on a cracker. BRAINPOWER to take in a repetitive techno score and some mindless choreographed violence?"

A very accurate description of the movie, by the way.

The games aren't quite that simple, the bossfights are quite tough at times. Especially RE4, redefining the series, and the whole genre as a whole. Strategy, story, graphics, atmospheric music and some really really tough bosses.

Beastro - Yes, RE4 is a gamecube game, it is, however, coming out for the PS2 later this year. It's by far the best game in the series, thus far.

Cinemaddiction
It's a movie about a ****ing fighting tournament. What special level of comprehension must one obtain to follow such a simplistic, forumlaic outline for a movie?

You have to know how to press buttons and a cursor to play. To be so bold as to proclaim it takes much more to SIT and watch it played out in a MOVIE, which requires you to do nothing MORE than just that is ludicrous, and just supports my arguement that it indeed takes none.

BackFire
I believe he was reffering to the RE games, not the MK movie, as was I.

Cinemaddiction
Ah. No, I'm not a fan of the RE games, personally. There's no question that from what I read, they aren't faithful adaptations, so if that were true, comparing them *** for tat, the movies will never get their due.

People should view the RE movies like the FF movie. There's some core elements, but considering the source (Anderson), the stories are going to have liberties taken with them. Look at AVP.

BackFire
"People should view the RE movies like the FF movie."

Most people do view them in a similar light, both are generally looked down upon.

Beastro
What do you mean they arent faithful adaptions?What where they adapting from?

I know by now that your easily amused but im nt.I'd spend hours on a game thats worth my time that this laughable bad-acting fest.

BackFire
Now, lets be fair, the games are notorious for their over the top cheesy voice acting.

Beastro
I could care less about the voices since the clips are only a small fraction of the game.

BackFire
Yes, but they're oh so cheesy. But god damnit, they're funny.

"No...don't open that door...."

"Grab..the..rope.."

****ing gold.

Cinemaddiction
The movies adapted from the games...What the f**k?

You've got some real nerve to keep up with this "easily amused" bullshit. I'm not, and just because I watch/own some movies that don't necessarily require me to be registered with the Church of Scientology or goddamn MENSA doesn't mean that I don't appreciate though provoking films as well as easy going, fun movies.

Beastro
Your right,they arent faithful.The games are good but the movies arent.

As fun as they may seem there not worth actual money so why recommend them?I dont care to see a film that's keeps me enterainted for 2 hours I want to see a freakin good movie.

BackFire
Here C-Dic, let me save you the trouble.

"Good is subjective......"

Cinemaddiction
Who's recommending them? I don't get that last sentence, given the contradiction, but what you consider entertaining and what someone else may, is totally subjective and can only be determined one way. The same can be said for the movies value, of both monetary and entertainment.

It's true. What else can I say? It's all opinion. It's almost a Cine-cliche, but how else can I explain it? If people would take the time to consider others feelings/opinions as to how they approach movies, I wouldn't have to say that again EVER. But they don't, so here I am, spewing the same old tired retort.

Beastro
Why the heck am I up at 1:30 in the morning arguing about this "film" when I have to get up early tomorrow?

BackFire
A very, very valid question.

Cinemaddiction
I'd assume the same reason you broke your little self imposed exodus from KMC. You love me. no expression

Beastro
I'm heading to bed.CA is starting to ramble now messed

Cinemaddiction
I see. Making Sense = Rambling

Beastro
Actually what drew me back is your opinion's on RE:A.I couldnt help myself big grin

papabeard
I didnt like this film either, found it boring, and also remember the script being really cheesy, typical action film cliches. But I do think the storyline is ok, and the game is excellent, better and more atmospheric than the film. Most game movies are awful, so I agree this is the best movie based on a game, but it is still a bad film. I prefer 28 days later and dog soldiers (same year?)

Jackie Malfoy
Wow this is the longest thread I never made.Cool keep it up guys.So far Mortal Komet is in the lead.JM

pr1983
resident evil movies...

if i wasn't a resident evil fan i'd probabvly enjoy them...

but i am, so i'm biased... they suck incredibly imo...

Beastro
Yes they do sad

Myth
Ok, sorry.

Beastro
Watch your mouth! nono

SaTsuJiN
I think I liked how the dialogue was like the video games for RE
plus I like milla jovovich's acting /shrug

fatal fury : the motion picture was also a good video game to movie.. (despite that it was an anime' styled movie)

Beastro
That's what's sad.It's diolage can only be compared to that of a game.

nickdude
WTF is Mortal Kamet? Its called Morat Kombat!!!
You do know of course that the budjet for RE1 was pretty low, don't you?
Also, Alice had amnesia, so she was like WTF, mates most the friggin' movie. no wonder she was acting how she was!!! Now, what I wonder though is who the hello Alice is? She wasn't even in any of the games! A strange thing about the first game and the first movie was that the mansion in the game was owned by some DUDE!!! Not a security opperative! Also, the licker in the movie grew after it ate Spencer, but in the games they stay the same size!!!
RE:1=7/10
RE:2=7/10
And about Super Mario Brothers. In the games, goombas are actually related to mushrooms, not dinosaurs! Also, in the story for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Bowser is a TURTLE dude when he is still a baby, but in the movie he is human-like then gets de-evolved into a DINOSAUR??? Not only is he not supposed to be a human, he is also supposed to be a giant turtle! And what ever happeded to
Princess Peach Toadstool? Daisy is from Super Mario Land, which I hardly even consider a Mario game, since it dosn't even take place in the mushroom kingdom.
SMB=3/10

He, he, I made a funny. SMB3 is my favorite NES Mario game!!!

Myth
Originally posted by nickdude
WTF is Mortal Kamet? Its called Morat Kombat!!!

He was trying to be smart with all the names (ex: Tomb Rider). Other than that, you made some good points. Obvious points, but good none the less.

nickdude
Thank you. C(8^)>

nickdude
Four words that will cause any gamer to quail in fear:
Katamari Damacy: The Movie!

Cinemaddiction
Bump and moved to the new forum!

jayy
GOLDENEYE 007!! WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVERR!!!

eek!

b-dan
mortal kombat ismy fave it had soo much ass kicking in it and what final fantasy movie are you talking about advent children rite cuz spirtis within wasent a game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.