Raven Vs Static

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
wh would win a fight. Raven throws cars and so does static. They both almost have the same power so i dn who would win

Draco69
Raven would whip his ghetto a$$.

David Duchovony
Raven has more experience and is more powerful so she has it.

Corlock Striker
Actually, this is a very interesting fight. If you all recall the "Nevermore" episode from Teen Titans Season One, it starts off with the Titans fighting Dr. Light. He does a pretty good job of taking out each individual Titan until he tries to take on Raven. When he first starts fighting Raven, Dr. Light with his light based weaponry seems to fair decently against her, as the light from his weapons actually affects Raven, and hurts her slightly. Making it seem as though light is one of her weaknesses. Granted she rather quickly beats Dr. Light, but mostly because she loosed control over her anger.

Now, given Statics powers, he could do similiar things to Raven as Dr. Light did. He also flies, unlike Dr. Light (in the episode at least). Meaning Static should have an easier time avoiding getting drawn into Raven's cloak. Also I feel that after "Nevermore" Raven's ability to control her anger was improved, meaning that while fighting Static she very well may not loose her cool. After all, she doesn't like to loose her cool, and so would try not too. And would more likely run from the fight, rather than let her anger gain control.

Considering Static's personality, when Raven starts telling yelling at him to stop, hearing the real fear in her voice he probably will stop, and then try and help her. Thereby stopping Raven's anger from gaining control, as she would no longer be under attack and afraid of dying.

Also given Raven's empathic abilities, and I believe minor telepathic abilities it is highly unlikely she and Static would fight, as she would quickly figure out he was a good guy. Unless of course, we're talking Raven under the control of her father Trigon. In which case Static doesn't stand a chance. But if it's just normal Raven, the fight will either end up a draw, with Static seeming to be winning from the start. Or Raven will run from the fight. Or Raven might be knock Static out early in the fight. Or they might not even fight at all.

It's a tough call, given the Dr. Light versus Raven senario, Static's personality, and all of Raven's powers. Really, I suppose it depends on the state of Raven's psyche that we're talking about for this fight. Good Raven or evil Raven?

Max Spidey 24
i sAY NORMAL RAVEN BECAUSE 95% OF THE TIME SHE IS NORMAL

Arsenal
Throwing objects at eachother wouldn't help since both of them could toss it back. Static's electric attacks wouldn't have a good chance of hitting Raven since she could block them with her powers. Static wouldn't be able to block her attacks with electricity alone, he would have to get an object to use as a shield but Raven would just toss it away. Also, Static can't fly by himself, he needs objects under him, like that disk he uses, which I might add Raven could remove from under him, keeping him on the ground. All in all I think Raven has the advantage here.

Corlock Striker
I don't know that Raven could just pull the disk out from under Static's feet, as it is sheathed in his own energy and therefore emitting light. Again, see the Dr. Light versus Raven fight at the beginning of "Nevermore". Raven goes to throw something at Dr. Light, he does a light attack, the darkness around the objects is torn, thereby removing Raven's ability to manipulate them. Static's own energy around his disk might act in a similar manner. Thereby preventing her from being able to manipulate it.

Secondly, Static doesn't always just use his powers to throw things at people. He has been known to use his powers to cause blindness in his enemies, and to power electrical objects. Especially light bulbs, and he has been known to cause them to put out a higher wattage than they normally do. If they're fighting on a street in a city, it's very likely Static would pump his powers into the surrounding street lamps and increase their wattage output, thereby attacking Raven's one weakness. This light bulb strategy is one Static often employs when fighting Ebon. So he has plenty of practice doing it. So again, I say, this fight isn't as one sided as you all seem to think.

Max Spidey 24
If losers like mumbo and control freal block ravens attacks then i guess static could too

laydiiplayette
But if Raven throws stuff at static that has no metal in it, can he throw it back?

Lord-of-Dreams
Yes. There is static cling. Anyway, if he couldn't deal with non-metal objects, he would have been dropped by every foe.

laydiiplayette
Okay, thanks.

Tron
Things don't need to be metal for Static to control them.

chilled monkey
Corlock Striker: You make some very good points. I agree Static is a good match for Raven and that it probably would end in a stalemate, or they'd stop fighting once they realised they were on the same side for the reasons you describe.

Mainstream
Raven beats Static....I find this thread quite shocking.

manjaro
all raven has to do is go apeshit with her emotions and its bye bye static

Corlock Striker
This is true, and I pose no objection to that statement. What I pose objection to is whether or not Raven would go apeshit with her emotions. As we know, Raven hates to loose control of her emotions, it's the one thing she fears most in all of existence. This is shown to us in the "Nevermore" episode while she's fighting Dr. Light, just before she looses control over her anger Raven is fearfully yelling for Dr. Light to stop. No because she's afraid of him, but because she feels herself loosing her tight control over her emotions, as is afraid of what she will do to Dr. Light if she looses control of her emotions. We then see exactly what happens to Dr. Light when Raven looses control of her emotions, and why she was so frightened by the prospect of loosing control.

If Static achieves the same results as Dr. Light, pushing Raven to the point where she's fearfully yelling for him to stop attacking her because she feels herself loosing control, given Static's personality, he tendancy to sympathize with bang babies and attempt to help them when he realizes that they're just scared and don't really know what they're doing, it is very likely that Static will stop pressing his attack when Raven starts fearfully yelling for him to stop. He'll then ask her whats wrong in a concerned manner. This will give Raven time to reign in her emotions and remain in control, and either she will talk with Static, or she will run from the fight as she doesn't want to risk coming that close to loosing control of her emotions again.

Then there's Raven's empathic and possibly telepathic abilities. She'll at least sense what kind of person Static is, if not actually see the kind of person he is. Upon seeing this Raven will not fight him, because he's a hero just like her. This could happen before they even start fighting or during the fight. If it does happen Raven will either explain the situation to Static, or simply stop fighting him and go somewhere else.

All of this conjecture is based upon Raven being in her normal state of mind where she is in complete control of her emotions. If Static comes across a Raven who has already lost her tight control of her emotions he gets beat real quick. If he comes across a Raven who is under the control of her father Trigon, he gets beat real quick. But if he comes across a Raven who is in complete control of her emotions either they never fight, Raven runs from the fight, or they fight for a bit, and then end up talking and the fight being a draw. All of this based upon their powers, weaknesses, and personalities.

chilled monkey
As with every vs match-up, it depends on why they are fighting. If it's due to a misunderstanding or something, then what you've just said would probably happen. Static's a very compassionate guy.

Draco69
This isn't Raven vs. Dr. Light. It's a highly skilled Teen Titan vs. gangsta wannabe who flys around on a trashcan.

Max Spidey 24
he uses a flying disk now in like the seconf season. Raven is a little girl that doesnt go to school and has lots of problems

Draco69
Raven is little girl with problems. But kicks major @$$. Static is a gangsta wannabe with the powers of a Swiffer.

Corlock Striker
You're right it's not Raven vs. Dr. Light, this is Raven vs. Static. Static's powers are based around static electricity, yes, but that means that he can use the electricity he produces, even though it is static electricity, to power electronic devices. He has done this countless times. He has used his powers to illuminate light bulbs, standard and flourescent, recharge and drain the power core of the Watchtower, and numerous other things.

When he has used his powers to make lightbulbs light up, he has been able to make them put out more light than they should, meaning he increases their wattage. He can therefore use street lambs to shine extremely bright light on Raven, either by pulling the bulb out of a steet lamp with his powers, or just by lighting up all the street lamps on a street. He can also create extremely bright flashes of light, what he calls a nova burst, with a piece of wire. Essentially the wire becomes a fillament, and he turns it into a very short lived light bulb by heating it with his electric based powers and getting it to put off light. He carries pieces of wire in his coat just in case he needs to use his nova burst. This would more or less duplicate the effects of one of Dr. Light's light based weapons.

So while it isn't Raven vs. Dr. Light, it is Raven vs. someone who can do very similar things to Dr. Light, and thereby probably get the same reaction out of Raven as Dr. Light did. Also, Static isn't a gansta wanna be. He's a rather intelligent student, with super powers. A teenager who looked up to the Super Heroes in his world all his life, and upon receiving powers of his own, decided to follow their example, and become a super hero himself. Just because he's black doesn't mean he's a gansta wanna-be, and I find it highly offensive that you would think such a thing, let alone state it outright.

Draco69
I'M black. Chill. I can say it.

Corlock Striker
So? Why reinforce racial stereo-types, especially on a character to which that particular stereo-type does not apply? Seems like a strange thing to do to me.

stormfront13
I think that raven would win hands down. She has fighting expierence and her force fields are more powerful than statics. She also has a lot of magic on her side and I don't think that static could handle that. Has he ever expierenced magic?

Draco69
I'm a Bill Cosbyian. You wouldn't understand. roll eyes (sarcastic)

manjaro
the thing with dr light is his power is basically he creates objects out of hard light. static uses electricity. big difference. the thing about staitc is he's total NARC and thats why i hate him. i think he's lame and thats why i hate him. i just totally despise the way he alwys want to talk things out. also he is a very condescending SOB. why? cuz everytime someone seems to be going thru some stuff he alwys want to go over to thier house un invited and talk to them or talk to thier parents. acting like he's better than they are

to name a few epsodes.

the one where that girl had iceman like powers
the one with she-bang
the one with the asian kid who turned into a hulk like crature
the one where ritchie got powers from that old guy
the one where that track star had turned into that ionic monster and joined Ebon
the one where that kid was getting picked on and he brought a gun to school
the one where that other kid could create hard light objects psionically, and his step brother was getting him to steal.

its always the same BS about telling them how much their mom misses them or think about the ppl thier hurting and blah blah blah.

raven doesnt play around. she is the only one of the titans that has a killer instcint and she's willing to act on it. she doesnt even have to lose it completely. she would cream static

stormfront13
I totally agree with you manjaro. static is a loser in my opinion

laydiiplayette
Its not that I don't like Static, but I just don't like his show, because seriously... the things he does... Do they EVER surprise you?

Arsenal
I get confused by his powers sometimes.

stormfront13
me too, how can he listen to cd's just with his hand??

ebonyblade1
Aparently, static has the power to digitally read (like the laser on your cd). I believe magneto can do it too. But I have never seen him do it. Joseph (magneto's clone) did something similiar. Anyway he must be able to then change the electrons/atomic particles to sound much like a telephone or cd player does.

Arsenal
I don't think the writers of the show thought of it that much. I think they were just being idiots, although what you said makes alot of sense.

stormfront13
If static can do that then can't storm do it too?? Techinaclly she should be able to

ebonyblade1
Everything is energy in some format. So he may be able to control a wide array. Or better yet all energy may have the same basic building blocks. I am not sure, my physics a little rusty. I do know that all energy comes from sunlight. Oh and of course the show seems lame. What? a show that tries to solve problems without violence. What were they thinking.

ebonyblade1
ps draco, i am an afro-american. I come from a poor urban background, and I take offense to what you said. the stereotyping, I mean is it really neccessary? Oh and I don't use that n-word either. You know who use those words? afro-americans who never stop being slaves, and caucasians who feel inferior.

Draco69
The n-word? Where the heck did you get that from? The real slaves are afro-americans who don't recognize the faults in their culture. It wasn't an attack on African-Americans as a whole but rather the inherent sexism and self-racism that many African-Americans support through the NAACP. Discussion of race is a necessity. Crying "racist" at every person who brings up race in a somewhat negative light is the byproduct of an insecure young man.

chilled monkey
Well, I'm sticking to my earlier view. I think Static could hold his own.

Personally, I like a compassionate hero who tries to find a peaceful solution to a problem.

Tron
If y'all wanna talk race, then take it to the Off-Topic Forum, or anywhere else that's not here.

manjaro
im black and i dint think it was offensive wink

chilled monkey
Now I've thought about it, I'd say Raven would win.

IRTMU-Dragon
Mumbo... I hate that DC rip off of The Mask... god id like to freggin kill his creator.

Anyways, anyone got any idea of Raven's ability to resist being ELECTROCUTED?
Whats raven going to do fling stuff at him? He will fly around, and for reasons mentioned before, I will confirm them, Raven definatly is weak towards light, and her powers dont work in light.

So in summation...
Static Shock has light, he has her same powers with lifting things and blocking stuff, and he can shut off her powers to some degree.

laydiiplayette
Where does it say that she is weak towards light. She turns away when a bright light is shined in her eyes, but wouldn't most people. She uses her powers in the day time, when there is light. Anyways, if static illuminated stuff to try and weaken her, it would create more shadows.

FeceMan
Raven pwns all.

stormfront13
yeah raven is too powerful

IRTMU-Dragon
One example, her powers have shown to be most powerful at night.

She was fighting cardiac, at night, her dark magic was completely super powerful, she had those bad dreams at night, it mad an insane horror filled night on halloween.
She went insanely mad at night, and tried to absorb some guy into her robe.

When has she done that during the day?

IRTMU-Dragon
Not true. Lobo would spin her inside out, The Mask would tear her skin off, The hulk would rip her spine out. Howard the duck would... uhh... seduce her.

Lord-of-Dreams
Raven wins. She is simply more powerful than Static.
Now, Static is black and gets pwnd. Too bad. Boohoo. Im black, and I couldn't care less. Static does reflect a bunch of stereotypes. Now, Brind BlackPanther to fight Raven. He's black -literally and otherwise hehe! .,.. bunch of winy cry-babies...

manjaro
raven seems to be able to tap into ppl's fears as well. i wonder what would happen if she brings out static's fear of not being able to lecture ppl about right and wrong, and show up at their house unexpectedly when things look outta place.

like this one episode where some kid didnt show up to school for like three days and he and ritchie went over to the dude's house to ask his mom if ererything was ok...lame bastard. raven would massacre him

Mainstream
raven who beat Static with her three favorite words Asarath mentron zenthos...i know I spelled them wrong but work with me people.

Max Spidey 24
Azarath Metrion Zinthos woulodbt beat static like he was a regular person on the street. If any thing its a tie. Raven is to overated

Mainstream
not so Raven is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more powerful than that black battery.

laydiiplayette
In that one episode with the paper dude who she connected with but was actually a dragon, she tore apart that machine that the others failed to hurt, during the day.

ebonyblade1
The one thing that you are saying is a strength is actually a weakness. The fact that raven's true weakness is the inability to control her powers when she gets emotional. Batman, can take her out. Yeah, I know you want be able to see it. Cause I realize that so far everyone believes that might makes right. But it is more to it than that. That is why terra took her down with mud. If you need a comic example look at the fight between the emma frost and phoenix. skill should win out. So in actuality this is more even than you think.

ebonyblade1
Then again, assuming the nature of static powers. If someone with an IQ over 75 wrote the fight, it wouldn't last more than 75 seconds. Static control electricity. He as well as magneto," but they never do it in the comics." could simply shut down the electrical impulses in the brain. But of course static would never kill. He could also amp his power using the generators and just fry her. But that would kill her too.

Whitesnake
Static is NOT a gangsta wannabe. He was forced to join that one gang and was being forced to shoot Francis (F-stop or Hotstreak) which I'm glad he didn't. Static is really sneaky, if he were to get Raven by surprise which would most likely happen, all he would have to do is use that lightbulb trick. Even though I think Static is cool, I'll admit he wouldn't stand a chance against a P'd off Raven.

Mainstream
Raven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.