Would you have prefered Mace to show up in the hanger and confront Dooku in AOTC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedimaster2000
I personally think it would have been better.

I always wanted to see Dooku fight Mace. It would also saved Yoda for Episode 3 against Sidious. That would have been much better, because you would see the two ultimate masters go at it, without having any previous knowledge of how they fight.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, i probably would have liked that better

chilled monkey
I would have definately preffered Mace vs Dooku.

1) It would be a cool fight.
2) It would save Yoda fighting til Ep 3 (as you said)
3) It would fuel Anakin's resentment that he was saved by the guy who didn't want him to become a Jedi
4) It would show a Sith (red blade) losing to someone with a non-green blade, breaking up the established pattern.

Darth_Nefarus
Not just that, but Mace and Dooku are extremely equalled. Mace is a Jedi who fights with aggression, and Dooku is a Sith with a style that involves parries and counters; defense. Mace is younger, but the strength of the darkside would compensate that for Dooku. Not to mention they've had the coolest light sabers thus far.

Ushgarak
Actually, yes, I do remember thinking that at the time. They had even dramatically established a prior relationship between the two, and it would have ruffled less heads than the Yoda fight. Very likely, I would have preferred it.

queeq
But the big question is: would Mace have spun around like that? wink

Red Superfly
Yeah and Mace looked ready to kick off with Dooku too. It looked like Mace was going for Dooku, not Yoda.

I thought the Yoda fight was the worst one yet, so yes, I would have preferred Mace to fight Yoda. We get to see Yoda fight in Episode III anyway.

Sith Master X
Mace Vs. Dooku, I would have liked that.

Darth_Nefarus
I posted this in another thread, but you guys might enjoy.

One hand, there is Dooku. A student of the force for over 80 years and now a promising Sith Lord. His form 2 style of lightsabre combat is made to go against other lightsabres which definately gives him an advantage. The darkside is strong in him, and as such you could argue he is more powerful than Mace, but either way the darkside does make him supremely more awesome.

Other hand is Mace Windu, Jedi Master. Viewed as Yoda's equal, and considered a legend throughout the galaxy for his bravery, incredible power, and his miraculous combat skills. I once read that Mace invented form 7 himself at the age of 12. Never the less, Mace, being a force sensitive human, is in far better physical shape than the count, creating a tremendous advantage.

Thus, in AOTC where Mace holds his sabre to Dooku's throat it could have been....

Mace deflected the incoming blaster shots andused a force push to dispose of his attackers as they were sent through the air, crashing into the wall and into several pieces. As he turned back he met Dooku's humming red blade and his ever confidant eyes.

"Master Windu, are you surprised that you still cannot defeat me?" Dooku teased as he easily twisted the Jedi's blade around harmlessly, using only one hand and keeping his feet firmly in the ground.
With a very cold stare shadowed by anger, Mace replied, "You've joined the darkside, you are already defeated."
Dooku's smile dropped to seriousness as Mace rushed forward and flipped over the Sith, slicing downward as he twisted over the top of Dooku's head. Dooku's feet were still planted, but as time increased, and Mace's energy never seemed to decrease, Dooku parried his opponent's blade aside and force pushed his former Jedi brother backward.
Mace brought his elbows to his chest as his fists clenched near his mouth. His eyes were shut and his lightsabre was in front of him. Dooku was an oppurtunist and thrusted forward, using the full extent of his powers to pierce through Master Windu's heart.
Mace did not need to see the blow now, he could feel it, completely attuned to the force he felt the incoming attacks, and the increasing anger inside Dooku.
Dooku began hacking madly, losing his composure which was essential to his stance. Mace was counting on that, he was hoping for that, and he was waiting for...
"Look at me when I am killing you!" the Sith screamed as he raised his other hand and fired a volley of force lightning at Mace, who stood firm, allowing his blade to absorb the dark energy.
Dooku increased the power from his anger and continuously fired volley after volley, until Mace finally opened his eyes.
Dooku's eyes revealed worry and that was when Mace made his move. Ducking, and rolling underneat Dooku's blade and lightning. As he came up he allowed Dooku to block the swing so he could plant a solid side kick into the Sith Lord's stomach.
Dooku immediately fired another current of lightning toward his former ally, but this time it was Mace's hand that was blocking the lightning, infuriating the count as to why his powers were failing him. Mace began slashing forward from several upward angles, crossing back with swings to the side. Dooku continuously parried aside the shots, using every ounce the darkside could fill his body, and soul. His eyes began glowing in a dark and strange yellow-orange blend, burning through his own pupils and into Mace's face.
Mace was now on the defensive, having to block swings from his upper left, while darting or blocking the lightning on his right. Dooku halted long enough to take his stance, his right foot forward, his left behind him and turned to the side. Mace locked his blade to Dooku's and planted his feet similarly, using all of his force abilities to keep Dooku locked in the stalemate with him.
The struggle was continuing for several moments, the blades being pushed back between the combatants faces repeatedly as Dooku could feel his opponent begin to weaken.
The lightning was now becoming too much for Mace, and he knew it. He moved his right hand slowly toward his sabre as Dooku's lightning followed. Dooku was unsure what he was doing, and immediately swithed the lightning to attack the sabre hand, hitting the blade, but still managing to course into his arm. Mace's other hand reached his hilt as his blade managed to hold off both Dooku's sabre and force lightning, long enough for the lightning to travel down Dooku's own sabre.
Before Dooku realized it, he was being scorched by his own dark powers and propelled though the air by an incredible force push from master Windu released.
Dooku was against the wall and leaning against it, trying to get up when Mace jumped forward bringing his sabre into a colossal downward swing aimed for the Count's head. Dooku attempted a parry as Mace knew he would. Which is why at the last moment he changed his focus and when he landed on the ground the two halves that once made Dooku's lightsabre were lying next to the fallen Sith.
Mace's blade rested an inch away from Dooku's chin as Dooku stared up in awe.
"It is over, Count," Mace said as he went backward half of a step, singaling for Dooku to rise, which he did obediently.
Before the glory would be his, Master Windu reacted to the oncoming blaster shots from a vessel floating above them. Several droids along with a dark cloaked figure watched on.
"Come Lord Tyrannus," the figure said as Dooku immediately used his last bit of strength to hover to the ship.
Mace attempted to grab Dooku, but the shadowy figure waved his hand and suddenly Mace could not use his legs.
"Your time will come soon enough, Master Windu," a dried out, yet strangely familiar voice echoed in the Jedi Master's mind.
Mace struggled to free his legs as the ship began to fly away, but it was no use.
"The Dark Lord of the Sith, no doubt," Mace thought outloud as the ship dissapeared from sight, along with the grip over his legs.
"The Sith Master is nearly in our reach. I hope the chosen one is ready."

speiderman
Good story. I got goosebumps.

pr1983
i can remember watching and thinking the same thing, there was obviously animosity between the two, they could have expanded on it big time...

SaTsuJiN
I didnt mind yoda stepping in to fight.. but his mannerisms were so stupid and un-yoda like... I couldnt believe george lucas made a mockery of his character like that... as soon as he did the Neo "C'mere" gesture.. I knew that fight was heading straight for the toilet

moviejunkie23
mace vs dooku sounds good
but i would have liked to see as well anikin put up a better fight. It didn't take Dooku long all to dispatch him.

Darth_Nefarus
True, but Anakin's main source of skill comes from his battles during the clone wars.

Besides, Dooku had been practicing Sith Lore for a decade, and was a jedi for a good 60+ years. I'm willing to accept he can win the first time only.

Red Superfly
I agree with the Yoda "c'mere" stance comment.

From the moment Yoda shows up to when he chases Dooku away, I cringed. The posing was so cheesy. It was just generic kung-fun action movie stuff, not Star Wars.

The way Mace surprises Dooku and says "This party's over" would have been ten times cooler if it led into the fight later on.

It would have shown Mace's persistence. He was so close to stopping it all, and then Jango forces him to retreat. He dispatches Jango (which also causes Dooku to take notice - could have been a good way to cause friction between the two even more) and then spends the rest of the movie chasing Dooku. Would have made sense for Mace to carry on with his duty.

Would have preffered Mace vs Dooku any day.

And Samuel L Jackson vs Christopher Lee in ANY movie is a goldmine.

jedimaster2000
So basically everyone here agrees that instead of Yoda, Mace should have confronted Dooku.

Darth_Janus
Yes, I agree too, having just stumbled across this thread. I seriously thought they were gonna duke it out, and it would have been good. I'm more interested in seeing MAce's style anyways.

As for Yoda... that is not the Yoda we came to love in the sequels. I'd like to rant about that...

- This Yoda is less crytpic and more in the dark. He has little clue what is going on throughout everything. For being so in-tune with the Force, you would think he could see some things.

- Yoda's speech is twisted to the point of overkill in this movie. The classic way he talks has been dragged out and is apparent way too much. It's harder to take him seriously in some cases.

- Yoda fight scene. 'Nuff said.

- When Yoda takes command of the Clone Army (and in a very short time, I might add) it just felt really out of character. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Red Superfly
I cringe whenever Yoda speaks in the PT. He really doesn't sound like Frank Oz. He sounds like any random person doing a COMEDY Yoda impression.

Yoda always had a witty comment, and had a lovable nature in the OT. You really respected him.

That kung-fu pose and the caracatured nature in which he talks is absurd.

Didn't they even watch Empire Strikes Back to see how Yoda spoke? It's like they based PT Yoda off of 20 years of the way in which people have made fun of Yoda and interpreted the character in an over the top manner. If they watched ESB then they'd realise Yoda is more light-hearted, sometimes grumpy, pushy, likable, and doesn't talk backwards in EVERY sentence.

"Never his mind on where he was, what he was doing" - ESB Yoda.

Thats more or less a Yoda take on "He never had his mind on where he was, or what he was doing".

He isn't talking backwards, he's just cut a few words out.

"Around the survivors, a perimeter create" - AOTC Yoda.

Seriously - what is that? They've just chopped up a sentence randomly. What's so wrong with "Around the survivors, create a perimeter"? That would still be Yoda - but now his speech has been totally screwed with.

I could go on and on about how PT Yoda does not talk like the Yoda we all know - but these msgs cut me off so I'll keep it short: it sucks.

DenKi
Mace could kill Dooku easily, Dooku wouldnt even be able to put up a fight againts him

Red Superfly
What? Since when? Mace isn't any more powerful than master Yoda and he put up a fight with him. Mace isn't some sort of God.

Someone's been watching too many Clone Wars cartoons..........

New_Born_Pyro
"Would you have prefered Mace to show up in the hanger and confront Dooku in AOTC?"
Yup, would have been better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.