SILVER SURFER vs FLASH race

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
SILVER SURFER vs Flash who whould win in a race

battle wise wally is like insect to surfer but what about speed wise

silver surfer claimed he was faster than light speed in his comic Rune vs Silver Surfer comic and has demonstrated

and what i heard from flash he can move at light speed,

i whould go with surfer on who is faster.

vote surfer what you guys think give reason .

David Duchovony
Flash would win.

long pig
flash runs...surfer flys...flash has to dodge rocks n shit as he runs thus slowing him down...surfer can go in a straight line.
plus "silver surfer claimed he was faster than light speed in his comic Rune vs Silver Surfer comic and has demonstrated"
that kinda tells it all

kgkg
is Flash faster than light? from what i saw in cartoon some comic he is close to light speed but not above it so how does he win just don't make sence.

And am saying this from comics it's self not other sourses here it says what speed they can move.

From comic statement
silversufer : "which may prove agaist one who moves faster than light itself" this is in Rune vs Silver Surfer part two when the living tribunal sends surfer to beat some guy with the IG.

Flash: some people in this forum clain he can go beyond light speed. But what i heard he was close

can someone clarify this?

nigel45
"The Flash: Has regularly ran at light speed, and in some occasions have surpassed this speed by merging with the Speed Force (being able to even transverse time, at first with a time-machine treadmill and later on just by simply speeding through it).
The speed of light in meters per second = 299 792 458 m / s."

I'm borrowing this from some information Spetznaz posted in another thread. Apparently Flash is capable of surpassing the speed of light, but I'm not positive if he could beat Surfer or not.

spetznaz
If it is Barry Allen or Wally West then the Flash would win. How? Well, the Silver Surfer is able to travel at speeds faster than light. And normally he is faster than the Flash (the Flash has to join the Speed Force to break the light barrier). <p> But the Barry and Wally Flashes have both done something that the silver Surfer has not been shown capable of. Going so fast that they beat instantaneous teleportation. For example Barry went so fast that he became th lightning bolt that hit his lab all those years ago making him the Flash. Basically moving at such velocity that you give birth to your own powers years in the past. <p> That is speed.

kgkg
thx spetznaz that answer the question , one thing

so silver surfer can go back in time , or the flash is that theory relevant in comics or what?

if they can how can you beat them.

i think they don't make them so back in time if it was easily then they will keep going back in time to redo ect.

manjaro
i give it to the surfer...why? bcuz he can travel at warp speed(faster than light) and not break the time barrier, while flash on the other hand whenever he transcends light he enters the speed force and time travel

Linkalicious
When Flash travels the cosmos with is amazing speed...then we'll discuss this matter further.

I once saw Silver Surfer (with Nova's help) travel so fast that he actually ripped a hole in the fabric of time and traveled to the past.

The Flash needed some sort of treadmill.

Alpha Centauri
Link is correct, Surfer time travels with his speed.

Surfer should come down and actually surf on water. Wonder how good he'd be....hmm.

-AC

manjaro
yes i know, that surfer can travel thru time with great speed, for he has done it when he was first trapped on earth by galactus, and he sped around the rarth so fast that he was sent thousands of years in the furture where the barrier didnt exist. the point i was trying to make is that he can also travel at warp speed without ripping the time fabric.(hyper space) just like gladiator can

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, he's a bit fast.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Flash can steal speed, somehow, though.

manjaro
yeah but this is a straight up race not a roller derby, where they would fight dirty to the finish line

Alpha Centauri
If it was a dirty fight, Flash wouldn't get to the finish line.

Either way he loses.

-AC

Ironmanpower
SS all the way...
If the race circuit are one or to galaxy long, even if Flash go at light that will take him 1000000 year. Surfer just have to warp him where he want.

eleveninches
flash can RUN faster than light. He can't run in space, as ther eis nothing there to run on. SS can travel through the cosmos in a relatively short time, so he can go faster than light

mr.smiley
There's no way flash is faster than silver surfer. In silver surfer cross over with thor it states that silver surfer was on a planet farther than the human brain colud comprehend and within seconds was back on earth..... As far as I'm concerned Silver surfer is the fastest charecter in marvel history..... The Flash is nothing but a funny little foot note on Silver Surfer's ass...

juggernaut74
How fast is Surfer without his board? If this is a footrace the Flash takes it. The only thing that makes Norrin so fast is his board. Thats like me racing Michael Johnson on a mountain bike and saying im faster.

kgkg
i have never seen him travel without his board fast ? i presume that he can't go light speed without his board but his board is like part of him , like his arm it follows his mental command , I think when galactus made him his source of travel was the board so therefore without it we won't be fast at all.

juggernaut74
That is because he cannot fly without his board. He loses his speed and flight without his board as I have stated numerous times in these forums. And yes he is mentally linked to the board but without it he is alot less dangerous.

kgkg
true thanos was pointed out that the surfer is much weaker without his board. But his board is part of him so you can really seperate them.

thanks for all the comments

K Von Doom
I think Surfer can fly without his board, not really fast though, just float around probably.

Ironmanpower
I never see the surfer fly without his board.

C1nd3r
uh..that eleven inches guy why do u have a pic of a small girl and then your 11 inches name??? pedo...?

Swanky-Tuna
I just noticed that. *Laugh*

Linkalicious
I don't believe Silver Surfer has ever shown the ability to fly without his board in the past, but he is said to be the strongest or atleast most powerful of all of Galactcus' heralds.

If Firelord, Nova, and Morg can all fly without a board or other system of transportation....then I think it's safe to assume that Surfer would be able to atleast levitate and do some moderate flying.

Particularly in Earth's atmosphere because of his ability to change the environment around him.

But without his board, he'd almost certainly get taken by Flash.

illadelph12
Transportation: In flying the Silver Surfer usually makes use of an object known on Earth as his "surfboard", due to it's resemblance of Earth objects of that name. The Surfer's "surfboard" is a construct of unknown materials created by the vast cosmic energies of his former master Galactus. The board is covered with the same silvery glaze that the Surfer's body is covered with, making it impervious to virtually all forms of physical damage. Few forces short of the cosmic power of Galactus could affect it at all.
The surfboard is psionically linked in an unknown way with the Surfer's mind. Apparently only a being possessing the Surfer's cosmic powers can cause the surfboard to fly, and it is controlled mentally by him. The surfboard apparently taps ambient cosmic energy in much the same way that the Surfer himself does. Although the Surfer could conceivably utilize his cosmic power to fly without it, the surfboard enables him to fly without the expenditure of any of his own energy.
The Silver Surfer can utilize the surfboard to attain 99% of the speed of light, but seldom exceeds Mach 10 (ten times the speed of sound) within the outer layers of a planet's atmosphere, and Mach 5 within the inner layers. (The speed of sound is about 770 miles per hour).

ZephroCarnelian
If the Flash can beat instantaneous teleportation, then no speed in the Universe can beat him in a race...

juggernaut74
Surfer himself said that he cannot fly without his board in a comic. I dont remember which one but it was vol. 3.

Alpha Centauri
Well, Surfer can travel without it. He doesn't though, why would he?

I don't think anyone can move faster than Surfer when he is on his board.

-AC

juggernaut74
If you call walking traveling which it is then yes you are right.

illadelph12
Well, in order to beat instant teleportation you'd have to be able to step out of the continuous time line and back in at the moment before the person teleporting teleports to the location they are teleporting to. lol

In other words, time travel, and Surfer is more than capable of that.

I'd like to say it's a tie, but I'm leaning way more towards Silver Surfer. Until I see Flash stop every crime on DC Earth in one instant, I won't believe he's as fast as the crackhead DC writers make him out to be. That whole "he ran so fast he became the lightning bolt that gave himself his own powers in the first place" thing makes no sense because that would mean that there is a point in time where Flash doesn't exist beyond because he birthed his self at a particular point in the past, thus making his existence a paradox.

lol, I take this shit to seriously. laughing

kgkg
illadelph12 good point flash never really showed his true speed beyond light speed in most fights etc or even close to it , fight that he usally losses.

Surfer can travel faster than light that's a fact show in comic without any aid from external source , how do you think he travels from one point of the universe to another.

Glactus said that surfer is faster than the fastest startship.

Lord-of-Dreams
Paradox?? No, Flash's powers are no paradox(I know that you said his birth, but that really makes no sense, as he was born before becoming Flash). His powers were caused by his running back in time from the future and accidentaly causing his own powers. And why are you dissing DC writers?? Did Bishop not do such a similar thing?? Or perhaps you prefer the example of Cable?? So don't try to come around making blattant insults for no reasoning behind them. Thnx.
I hate to say it, but I doubt if Flash could take this. He is only really human, while his opponent is a galactic herald. Stupi board!! But I wonder what would happen if Flash took his speed?? Would he lose control of himself??

kgkg
light speed as all you need really ( most scientist think it is imposible and even if it is you will have to have no mass.

i have a question is the surfer can only move fast or react at light speed.
like flash he can actually slow down time like he can think for half an hour (normal time while everyone seem frozen). what i mean can silver surfer react at those fast speed like . THink light speed , read light speed , do kung fu(lol) light speed etc hope you understant what am saying.

Lord-of-Dreams
I do. And I'm pretty sure he can. But there's no point in mentioning what scientists think, because scientists think it is impossible for a human to fly, and uhh....

kgkg
haha true but many comic tend to have science of there own, am reference to them.

K Von Doom
In Kingdon Come he eliminated all crime in Keystone City, does that count?

kgkg
i don't see why not , if he can light speed he can puch all the thug in the city , will you see it in comic often ? anser no why because it will be borning someone that can finish fights in mil second for everyone

KillAll
in the infinity gauntlet series, silver surfer gazed at thanos who possessed the gauntlet from nearly a light year away (the distance light would travel in a year). then when the time came, silver surfer traversed that distance in literally only a few seconds. so not only is silver surfer faster than light..... hes many, many, MANY, MANY times faster than light wink

kgkg
i don't he went there by speed i heard when he reaches curtain speed he opens some sort of portal , which that he can go anywhere in the universe in no time at all.

i been wrong before correct me if i am lol

KillAll
as far as i know... silfer surfer was looking at thanos from approximately a light year away. then when adam warlock said "go" or whatever command he used, silver surfer started speeding at thanos in order to take the gauntlet off his hand. but silver surfer missed. he traveled that distance (without the aid of any portals that i'm aware of) in only seconds.... lets say approximately 3 seconds... that makes silver surfer travel at 1,949,875,200,000 per second... where as light only travels at 184,000 miles per second.... i think you get the idea.

King Burger
I may be mistaken, but I remember reading in those old
"Marvel Universe" books that Silver Surfer enters into a
sub-space "stream" where there are no limits to the speed
he can travel in.

CalvinP
Comic Character can create a superhero to do anything, but in case of Flash running on the ground, he cannot break laws of physic, fantasy or not. The impact of someone runs close to speed of light would create havoc on the earth, each step would like an atomic explosion, unless it's explained that when he runs, he actually runs in a parallel dimension, and in that dimension there's no limit to how fast. My pick is on SF.

On the side note: Just to have an perspective, a 150 lbs pumpkin hits the earth at light speed, it would destroy an area as big as US

DarkSaint85
He doesn't run inside the SF.

He's also faster.

MrMind
this video pretty much explain it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4O-5eV4LiA

at top speed flash is simply thousands time faster

WolverineX25
The Silver Surfer is faster than the Flash.

abhilegend
Originally posted by WolverineX25
The Silver Surfer is faster than the Flash.
Lolwut? He will be lucky to catch a GL, much less Flash.

WolverineX25
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lolwut? He will be lucky to catch a GL, much less Flash.

Untrue

The Flash has far quicker reaction speed and far superior motor reflexes than the Silver Surfer. We all know this. However, in terms of long distance travel, the Silver Surfer is much faster. It's no comparison. He was literally created for that reason.

Think about a Humming Bird vs a Cheetah. The Humming Bird has a super fast metabolism, flaps its wings quicker than our eye can see, and can flinch and react within fractions of a second. A Cheetah cannot react as quick and is no where as agile as a Humming Bird. The Cheetah, however, can run speeds that cover far more distance than the Humming Bird can even dream of.

This is what we are talking about when we compare the Flash to the Silver Surfer. The Cheetah is the fastest animal on land. It's the 2nd fastest animal in the world (After the Peregrine Falcon). The Humming Bird, although possessing proportionately faster reflexes, reaction times, and agility is not faster than the Cheetah.

Again, sorry.

abhilegend
Originally posted by WolverineX25
Untrue

The Flash has far quicker reaction speed and far superior motor reflexes than the Silver Surfer. We all know this. However, in terms of long distance travel, the Silver Surfer is much faster. It's no comparison. He was literally created for that reason.

Think about a Humming Bird vs a Cheetah. The Humming Bird has a super fast metabolism, flaps its wings quicker than our eye can see, and can flinch and react within fractions of a second. A Cheetah cannot react as quick and is no where as agile as a Humming Bird. The Cheetah, however, can run speeds that cover far more distance than the Humming Bird can even dream of.

This is what we are talking about when we compare the Flash to the Silver Surfer. The Cheetah is the fastest animal on land. It's the 2nd fastest animal in the world (After the Peregrine Falcon). The Humming Bird, although possessing proportionately faster reflexes, reaction times, and agility is not faster than the Cheetah.

Again, sorry.
ermm

What do you know about the Flash? This isn't even close to the truth.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

carver9
Surfer is faster.

Zack M
Flash, easily.

dmills
Oh joy. One of those thousands of times ftl character vs another thousands of times faster than light character threads.

I love vs threads, but these types really get ridiculous.

Stoic
Originally posted by dmills
Oh joy. One of those thousands of times ftl character vs another thousands of times faster than light character threads.

I love vs threads, but these types really get ridiculous.

Seriously. Even if Flash was faster than the Surfer, how fast would one have to be if they were able to traverse just one light year in 2 seconds? Not even sure if that was the Surfer's top pushing it flight speed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Seriously. Even if Flash was faster than the Surfer, how fast would one have to be if they were able to traverse just one light year in 2 seconds? Not even sure if that was the Surfer's top pushing it flight speed.
That is nothing compared to flight speed of a GL.

GLs are objectively faster than Surfer in flight speed and they regularly lose to Flash in speed.

MrMind

panthergod
Originally posted by mr.smiley
There's no way flash is faster than silver surfer. In silver surfer cross over with thor it states that silver surfer was on a planet farther than the human brain colud comprehend and within seconds was back on earth..... As far as I'm concerned Silver surfer is the fastest charecter in marvel history..... The Flash is nothing but a funny little foot note on Silver Surfer's ass...

Lmaoooooo

juggernaut74
Oh man I remember this thread.

12 f*cking years.

playa1258
Flash takes it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
In a race I would take Flash against anyone. In the PC times he could run through the Unvierse too.

sonicwires
flash is faster but silver surfer would beat him in a fight.. they would race and flash would beat him with mid difffculty a couple of times and if they fought surfer would beat him and be disappointed

zom1967
when surfer flew at a speed fast enough he went so far into the future the barrier that it didn`t exist it was a night mare.the whole universe was ruled by some cosmic mutant named the galactic overlord,somehow i think the surfer stopped this timeline from ever existing this was in s.s#6 original series i know I was dumb enough to sell it when I was 15.the other time with nova piggy backing on him they went millions of years in the past and saw cave people and dinosaurs before leaving.i`m pretty sure he is even faster than the flash.

Mksimo
Flash win, because he is the son of Chuck Norris.

carver9
Surfer

Senor Cage
Flasshhh!

Mindship
Flash. He is Speed-Incarnate, the Personification of Fast. Give him his due.

MrMind
wally and barry faster than ss

bart during "fastest man alive" arc was faster but rest of the time slower than ss

jay slower than ss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.