stormtroopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

acedanger
I'm curious on how GL will work the old strom troopers in with the cloned stormtroopers. Maybe someone out there can shed some light on this thanks.

Morridini
Well, the Stormtroopers are clones. This was posted by someone else in the OT section, don't remember who:

"The response goes into the usual "they didn't know they were going to be clones in the 70s" answer, and then says the interesting thing:
However, there is also an in-universe explanation, provided by none other than George Lucas himself. During the productions of Episode III, Lucas told crewmembers that the stormtroopers seen in Episode IV are made from multiple sources. That is, they're not all Jango clones. By that
time in the saga, other clone hosts have been selected.

Lucas intimated that the selection proces has become more political than strategic in some cases - a highly placed officer's cousin might be selected over a more capable specimen, for example. The politicization results in less-than-ideal candidates, which could explain some of the embarrasing marksmanship witnessed in the original trilogy."

acedanger
thanks I'm somewhat new so next time i will spend the time to search for threads that have already been posted. (((Interesting stuff though)))

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... That DOES sound like a fitting explaination...
Cool.

ARC Trooper 117
Pfft. I hate the Clones ideas in the OT....

Arsenal
Yeah, they're such dumbasses.

Obiwalker08
when they redid the OT on DVD they should have changed all their voices to jangos. They changed boba, why not change the troops voice??

ESP07
See explanation above ^^^^^^^^^^

ARC Trooper 117
If they had've changed all the Stromtrooper's voices to Temeura Morrison too, I would've KICKED SOME F*CKING GL @$$!!!
And that's why Lucas made that statement: He's lazy and pulls ideas out of HIS @$$....stick out tongue

Obiwalker08
oh, yeah i remember hearing that but i didnt think it was true. does anyone know who the other clone hosts might have been??

ARC Trooper 117
^-Read the post above...again....
Like Lazy Lucas said, probably high ranking Officer's or their cousins....roll eyes (sarcastic)
That's so ****ing stupid.....

Sadako of Girth
I kinda like that admittedly "ass pulled" concept of the in-employing....
It kind of comments of capitalistic approach of industrialists and politicians' attitudes of incestuous relationships in employment (A lot of firms are more likely to employ you if you're related to an existing employee....) and the capitalist's philosopistic flaw of whatevers cheaper we'll go for in the name results/profit....
Why pay out for someones "Considerable" fee for cloning like Jango's, when mr cheaper inefficient muppet'll do....
This does kind of weave in beautifully with the "crappy-shooting-ability-of the-stormtroopers-thing".... smile

If you pay peanuts....

DarkYoda
Okay. It works like this.

Clone Troopers in Episode II = good troopers cloned from evil Jango Fett

Clone Troopers in Episode III = good guys that turn evil (just like Anakin turns into Vader), thus becoming Storm Troopers

Storm Troopers in Episode IV = a few evil troopers that remain + new recruits + new clones???

I attached a pic that explains.

GCG
yep ; agree with Dark Yoda there.

The stormtroopers are remenants of the clones + more recruits. as we were told on Kamino, the clones were genetically modified to grow faster so in the OT they would be some 50 years old +.

therfore they had to have new recruits

Morridini
But they aren't evil, they are just controled by Palps.

DarkYoda
As is Vader...is he not evil?

J.M FcThumbs-Up
laughing ....oh and a nice pic.

BAILY
Clone Troopers are super cool... Stormtroopers suck... and I dont know why?? They cant shoot worth a Sh**!!

unno

DarkYoda
Remember that the Kaminoans modified the clone trooper's genetic structure by adding growth acceleration so that a mature clone could grow in half the time. Regardless of how this factors in, most of these clones would be 45 to 50 years old by the OT.

Which means you can take several views on this:

1) Most of the clone troopers have died/been killed as they have gotten older.

2) Most of the clone troopers have retired (unlikely in my opinion).

3) Or they are still serving the Emperor at an old age and that is why they suck so bad!!

4) Some new clones were created at some point (unlikely in my opinion).

And regardless of any of these views, probably the majority of the storm troopers were recruits by the OT.

wink

Morridini
How did u reach that conclusion? It's two entirely different things.

Ushgarak
No, sorry, Darkyoda is wrong. Again, the facts here have been said, undeniably, by GL.

The OT Stormtroopers are all clones. New clones have been made from different templates.

So says GL, and so it is. End of debate.

Vympel
This "stormtroopers suck in the OT" thing is annoying, and based entirely off the idea that they should all have the marksmanship of Dirty Harry- leaving aside the obvious fact that killing the heroes would end the movie and suck, their accuracy is not that bad compared to real life soldiers, whoose fire:hit ratio ain't anywhere near what we see from, say, the heroes in the OT.

As for this clones thing- George Lucas' explanation that it had become "political" by the time of the OT etc and that the most capable "speciments" weren't being chosen should be taken as a joke, nothing more- you train anyone, doesn't matter what "specimen" they are, enough, and they become a capable soldier.

Ushgarak
Let's not confuse Star Wars with a setting where logic rules the day.

cylob49
Maybe they have a cut off date.mebbe they die at a certain age or are more likely rounded up by Palpatine and "dispersed" with much like old racing horses

ARC Trooper 117
Wow....I like unno's explanation.
'Cept for one thing: Boba spent TWENTY YEARS away from his father, travelling the galaxy, etc.
So would his accent not be different? GL doesn't give two f*cks about logic, just that whatever he says has to be considered canon and a sealed topic.

2 Years Down the Line....:
GL> In my original conception of STAR WARS, all the Stormtroopers WERE Clones - but they were all Cloned off of Greedo, which would explain why he was such a bad shot, and why Han got off the shot first....stick out tongue

unno

ARC Trooper 117
MEh. stick out tongue
I just wish they hadn't changed that crackling and robotic-sounding voice.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.