Connecting to Xbox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
do you have to have high speed internet or can you just have dial up but hook the Xbox right up to a modem and play?

SaTsuJiN
You need a router (if you want to use a PC at the same time as xbox is using the connection).. I recommend high speed, as a 56k will provide inadequate data transfer to support any kind of complex gaming

dave123
56k will lag WAY too much erm

Jason420
what if i just use a cable modem/router? can i just get high speed outta that?

SaTsuJiN
a router just splits the connection..
you can with just a cable modem if you like.. or router n cable modem

ScarFace Clone
good luck for some reason the xbox conection sucks.

forumcrew
ok to actually answer the question you MUST have broadband dial up is not supported by Xbox live only with PS2's online because it will not perform well and microsoft knows this. SO without broadband no go, and if you have it your going to have a router so not that big of an issue

ScarFace Clone
only the crappy games work with dial up for ps2, but like socom madden you need broadband

SaTsuJiN
more complex games (usually anything above the puzzle game genre) needs more data transfers for a smooth gameplay experience... otherwise.. say if you play halo 2 on a dialup.. you press the trigger to fire a rocket and it prolly wont come out anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds later... or more.. depending on how slow your transfer speed is

ScarFace Clone
yeah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.