GUYVER vs. IRON MAN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinzin
One is wears super powered plate armor and packs tons of lazors, explosives and strength.

the other wears a bioweapon armor suit that allows for...well pretty much the same.

who do you think would win?

Tron
I personally wanna say Guyver, but I'm leaning towards Iron Man though. Guyver has the speed, agility, and durability, and while not as many weapons, they get the job done. Iron Man though, has the strength, defenses, and firepower though. It's hard for me to decide right now though.

Lone-Wolfe
Oh damn, i thought you meant McGuyver. THAT would be cool. He'd make like a nuclear bomb out of a blender and.... nobody cares.

jinzin
nope....lol
well i think guyver should be on par if not above on strength level, since it increases the wearers strength a hundred fold....
After thinking about this a little bit longer I say guyver,,,,,,even if he started to get into trouble he could just blow his own brains out with his pressure cannon and let the control metal take over from there after that the guyver would be 10 times stronger and iron man would be screwed.....but assuming that doesn't happen,,,,I guess i still don't know, i mean I'm pretty sure the guyver's blades would shred iron mans armor but i doubt he could get close enough to effectively use them, so who knows.

KillAll
is the guyver the thing i seen a movie about a while ago??? is he in comics???.... what the hell was that movie called??? ... i'd like to see it again. it probably wouldnt be as good to me now since i'm older. it was good when i was younger though big grin

jinzin
The movie is called "THE Guyver" theres two of them. the first being a mix of scifi and silly, and the second being a straight up serious (and looooooong) movie.
but yeah the Guyver has a comic, it was in print for a while here, but viz cancelled it's translation just when it was getting good. (sigh)
It's still being produced in japan though.
and yeah unless you got some time on your hands or you simply don't care what you're going to watch be waery of these films......although th fight scenes in the second are really really kickass.

grey fox
guyver straight up here are the stats for the guyver

Physical strength: Subject possesses the standard Guyver strength of approximately 100 men.

-Unit possesses a pair of roving orbs on either side of subjects head that along with protruding antenna makes up a hyper sensory system that can detect the motion of multiple targets, even through obstacles such as wall and other barriers and has a range of approximately 100 meters (~328 Feet).

-Durability: Subjects bio-armor is derived from a combination of organic and inorganic components that gives it a dexterity of about twenty times that of steel and has the ability to regenerate both armor and host completely from any amount of damage that does not impair the functionality of armors Control Medal, consequently the only way to kill a Guyver is by use of a unit remover or the destruction of the Control Medal.

-Speed: Subjects has a reflex speed that ranges from 5 to 40 times normal, a top ground speed of up to 250 MPH, and a top air speed of 300 MPH.

-Subject also possesses a highly efficient infrared laser orb emitter located just above the Control Medal, though the weakest of the Guyvers weapons, the laser is capable of killing standard Zoanoids and can be fired with both extreme speed and accuracy at any target within subjects field of vision. Laser has also been shown to be able to be fired in a continuous beam that can easily slice through most material such as steel I-Beams.

-Subject has two standard retractable vibrational swords, one on each arm, composed of specialized bio-armor material and are capable of slicing easily through almost anything they come into contact with the exception of other similarly or above rated vibrational weapons or material specifically resistant to vibrational weapons attack.

-Mega Smasher: Extremely power particle beam cannon weapons, capable of destroying everything in their path. The subject has two mega-smashers, one within each of its open able chest plates, and can be used individually for maximum control or together for maximum destruction. It takes time to open the protective covers over the mega-smasher cannons, as well as several seconds to fully empower the beam which leaves subject vulnerable to attack. Though power output varies from time to time, this extremely power weapon can easily destroy a skyscraper in a single blast.

-Sonic Emitters: Located around mouth of subject, they produce a sonic blast that can vary intensity from just producing ear-splitting noise to actually being able to destroy objects, such as making a human head explode or destroy incoming mini missiles. Emitters have a set radius of 45 degrees and a range of 15 to 20 meters.

-Gravitational powers: Subject possesses a gravity control orb located in the middle of its waist that can generate and focus gravitational energies for a variety of uses, ranging from simple flight to the generation of a Pressure Cannon. The Pressure Cannon is a gravity weapon and is basically a ball of concentrated kinetic energy that produces the equivalent impact force of an armor piercing tank shell and has a range of over 30 meters. As a standard Guyver, subject can fire up to three Pressure Cannons in rapid succession as well as use the generating matrix of the Pressure Cannon to produce a direction shield that can block anything short of a Mega Smasher, the Pressure Cannon can also be fired single handedly at reduced power. The only real limitation of the Guyvers gravitational abilities is that it only has one gravity control device so gravitation power can only be used for one thing at a time at full power, combinations like flight and pressure cannon will both work at only half their normal power level if used at same time.

-Unit has also shown the ability to compensate for environments that would otherwise be hostile to its host. Though armor doesn't possess an oxygen supply, armor keeps the host in an oxygen rich pressurized environment and acts as a rebreather for host so even in total vacuum that unit can extend host internal air supply so host can survive up to twenty minutes on one breath of air. Additionally unit can filter out oxygen from surrounding environment so host can survive in otherwise hostile environments such as areas filled with poisonous gases or underwater.

-The unit possesses standard limitations of host combat skills and stamina as a human host cannot maintain the Guyvers power levels for prolonged periods of time, though unit has shown the ability to regenerate host energy reserves as needed provided the host refrains from using high energy draining weapons such as units Mega-Smashers repeatedly, this reduces strain on host to simple mental stress of using armor.

jinzin
lol anyone who reads that post is isn't going to have half an idea as to what any of that is,,,,control medal unit remover etc....lol.

Tron
For those that have seen the Guyver anime, books, or movies (which are out on DVD now for those that are interested), the Control Metal is the ball on the Guyver's forehead. Grey fox pretty much explained Guyver's powers down to a "T". And as for strength, translated in Marvel terms, I'd say Guyver's about a Class 10, give or take.

And grey fox, where did you get that info by the way? I've looked for Guyver info online before, and couldn't find jack.

jinzin
he could be stronger than class ten, maybe not, just 100 times the wearers strength so for a guy that benches say 150 to 200 pounds times 100 (ahh screw it i don't feel like math right now.)
plus if he does the control metal take over thing, the armor becomes ten times stronger, so 1000 times the weares strength would be what then?

Tron
Well, I don't know about that. In order for the armor to go into "defence" mode, he have to be injured severely or just regerated from "death" (i.e. when his brain was temporarily destroyed). Only thing is, it's not exactly something he'd do on his own, and it's too unpredictable, sense the unit would kill everything in site pretty much. I don't think it would have to go that far anyway.

jinzin
yeah I'm just saying if i had a G unit and was in a losing scenario with .....well nothing to loose i guess, I would blow my brains out with a pressure cannon and let it do the job for me.

still though how strong is that? I'm curious but lazy.

grey fox
hey tron didn't know you were a guyver lover i am a avid fan but yes it is difficult to find good sites

http://www.warriorguyver.com/wgfanfic/index.htm is a very good site it's mostly fan fics and pictures but the index part is incredibly detaield

jinzin
i love that site, i'm stoked for the new bio fighter commander guyot,,,,that's 50 bucks down the drain!

Ironman
lol you remind me of ryan dunn "god damn this is the bmx-tug-of-war" but i hand it too ironman of corse i do hes my all time fave besides venom

Tron
Yeah, but would it work? After all, it took Enzyme's body, which fluids were specifically designed to dissolve Guyver's armor, to do the job. It's a possibility, but I'm not too sure it would work. And if it did, it might be enough for a win, but then again that would screw everyone else around in the process.

Thanks

jinzin
"then again that would screw everyone else around in the process."
lol yeah i guess he'd have to tell everyone else to get the hell out of dodge huh?

chilled monkey
grey fox: Thank you very much. That was interesting.

I'd say the Guyver. I think his weapons are more advanced than Iron Man's and so would break through his armour. The swords for example would slice right through him. Plus Guyver has martial arts skills.

The movie Guyver:dark Hero has some awesome fight scenes.

Ironmanpower
Could the Guyver fly?

Zahit
Great sounding fight, but i'll have to go with Iron Man.
If Gundam's top speed is 250-300 mph, that would make him
FAR slower than Shell-head. Iron Man would win,
listen to Black Sabbath, have a martini.

jinzin
yes guyver can fly.

Tron
That's only slower in flight, not overall. In my opinion, Guyver's overall speed and reflexes outweigh Iron Man's. Not saying he'll win, but just letting you know that he's NOT slower than Iron Man.

shadow177a17
Well also combined that with the superhuman speed of the Guyver and trust me the fight would be a good one. Though I am a avid Guyver fan who knows a lot through many hours of web surfing. Guyver would win that fight against iron man for he doesnt know the weakness of the guyver. Enyme blood will work on a guyver though if the control medal was left in mint condition the host would regenerate completely. the Guyver would also win because of its incredable regenerative power for it has regenerated him fully after having his control medal taken out of the hosts body.

LordFear
I am sorry people but there is now way in hell or heaven that Guyver is beating IM. The Guyver uses his host's vitals in order to fight meaning that at one point the host becomes very tired due to all the energy being exherted from battle. Guyver's strength doesn't match IM, his offensive capabilities are not as broad although the mega smasher is it's most devasting power. IM simply absorbs as much energy through his energy grid and the remainder he puts up a shield to protect himself. Enzyme's acidic saliva and blood wounded the Guyver how do u figure IM having a problem whipping his ass????

shadow177a17

shadow177a17
Think about this combining both his superhuman speed and flight together and also his vibral blades would cut IM's armor to pieces leaving him defenseless. Also IM would not just go for strength alone he would use his intelligence. So would the host though i am wondering which Guyver are are using in this fight. if it is Guyver 3 no contest he would wint hat fight. for he would know a whole lot more then guyver one and the U.S Guyver sean Barker.

LordFear
That is when he experiences massive trauma like getting the control metal ripped off. I am talking about fighting the guy head on. IM has a targeting system that can lock on to 60 different bogeys at a time or fire 60 missiles at a time now unless Guyver develops spidersenses he is not gonna dodge all of them. IM' arsenal of smart bombs, repulsor blast, uni beam, are more than enough to handle the guy. What happens when Guyver is tired out because the host inside can no longer fight huh??? Then what Guyver would waste soo much time just playing Defense that by the time he switches to offense he collapses point blank. I have the Guyver collection so I know what the hell I'm talking about.

shadow177a17
Plus Guyver three/Agito Makishima/Zeus Thunderbolt is also trained to be a zoalord which is the creatures that are the leaders of the Chronos Corporation. The company thoughout in that universes historyhas been making the adversaries for the Guyvers. Also with his expertise with martial arts and knowledge of teh guyver unit would make him a better then IM.

LordFear
Guyver 3 couldn't handle 3 Enzymes so how he is gonna beat IM. does anybody know of IM's capabilities or am I lost in a Twilight Zone marathon. I can't believe I am hearing this.... For his blade to cut IM's he would have to get past his protective force field.

shadow177a17
Then you forget the hyper sensors on the side of the head which also can help him avoid the smart bombs.

LordFear
those orbs are extensions of his external senses. They don't help him dodge or be more nimble. They simply help him be aware of his surroundings and who is in back of him that's all.

theflyxx
IRON MAN.

As good as the Guyver is, I just don't see him defeating Iron Man.

The Guyver might be quicker, but IM is much stronger and can travel at Mach speed.

Also, sooner or later, the Guyver's energy will be depleted due to the wearer's stamina. Iron Man's won't because he can derive power from the sun or from energy directed at him.

Tron
bump

King KAM
The Guyver will win EASILY, Iron mans suit has made him very strong but the Guyver unit is too fast , it would win from the swift reflexes, always having the uper hand on Iron man in the speed Department,and The Chest lazer would do iron man in IMO

jacobo0o
iron man takes this
chest lazer whatever ironman has to and alot more fire power
i can see guyver dodging ironmans punches but not his firepowers

Tron
It's not just a chest laser, it's his Mega-Smasher, which can more or less level the side of a mountian, along with anything and everything else in the way.

Batman Wins
I remember the Guyver guy.The movie and the anime. Guyver looses because oF Ironmans weapons. A better match would be Guyver vs batman or deathstroke

Tron
No, neither of those would be better matches, to put Guyver against those two would be completely onesided. And Iron Man's weapons alone won't win this fight. You might wanna learn a little more about Guyver before making your judgement, and I believe there's a link on the page before this one.

Batman Wins
I heard about the anime Guyver, but i thought he was just like the movie one. The movie one he aint that powerful though. Anime one wins, the movie one looses.

Tron
And that's why we're NOT talking about the movie one.

Batman Wins
Originally posted by Tron
And that's why we're NOT talking about the movie one.

laughing Point taken, Guyver wins with his chest opener technique. It will tear off Iron mans armor.

Tron
I wouldn't go that far, but Tony would definitely feel that attack, and start to realize just what he's into.

jinzin
just to clear a few things up.......zoanoids, the monsters that guyver fights on a regular basis...even one's of low class levels have been seen to take tank missiles from ABRAMS, freakin abrams for christ's sake.... guyver's durability>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>low class zoanoids.....

infact, it's been made pretty damn clear that conventional weaponry doesn't really do...well....jack shit to the bio enhanced monsters and guyver units...the only gun that was shown to be of any effect against zoanoids was specialy crafted by chronos...the guys that mkae the monsters.....I'm even beginning to doubt that most of IM's weapons will even work against the bioarmor....

while on the other hand even regular guyver units have done damage to zoalords...(guyot)...which is a feat in and of itself....I don't see IM lasting against a zoalord..and that's mainly because of the speed and reflex issues he suffers compaired to the guyver units..

also, I've figured out his strength level....(putting the 100x stronger thesis in conjunction with feats proven....lifting parts of buildings and such)....guyver should be in about the class 40-60 range....

one has to consider, even gregole boasted a good class 10-15 range, guyver overpowered him with ease....the same way he did the hyper-zoanoid darzerb who was boasting around a class 30-40 level.....

jinzin
oh btw, what made you bump this thread tron?

lol...
cheers

jinzin
Originally posted by Tron
I wouldn't go that far, but Tony would definitely feel that attack, and start to realize just what he's into.

ummmmmmmmm I'm pretty sure guyver's mega smasher would vaporize him... confused

I mean it put a hole in a transormed guyot....

when hasn't it worked?

(the only time I can think of is in the anime when half a megasmasher did nothing to a fully empowered xtole who was enhanced by his buddy.....but again..that was half power vs. hyperzoanoid x2......and extole has far superior durability compared to regular zoanoids who again take tank missiles...)

even then.....are we considering the anime for this debate? I mean it's not exactly canon as it deviated from the comics a great deal....

Tron
Yeah I know, it's still a pretty good debate considering the Guyver isn't out there like most anime characters. And I was kinda trying to give Iron Man's force field the benefit of a doubt in blocking the Mega Smasher, somewhat.

(Oh, and you wouldn't happen to know where I can find more info on Guyver episodes and comics? I've already seen all the episodes released to the states, but I'm not sure if there are more than that though.)

jinzin
IM's force field might be able to stop one mega smasher attack but he would be significantly weakened afterwards like in new avengers 6, and guyver's still got so many other options for attack...

as far as I know..they stopped the episodes at 12...I haven't read or seen anything that would indicate they went further than the first 12 overseas....

as far as the comics go...let me do some research for you...I only get the big volumes off ebay as they come which take months on end....

but yeah I'm sure I could find something for you...give me a little bit of time...

something of note, another company other than viz is now translating the large volumes into english...it's taking time..but exciting stuff....

Tron
Bump.

And damnit jinzin, I sure as hell didn't think of that one. laughing out loud

jinzin
laughing out loud

I love how you keep bumping this every 3 or 4 months..

well tron did you ever figure out how to rip dvd's onto a computer.. if you never do I'll never be able to help you out..

Tron
Not yet, I'll probably just end up having my friend find the damn things online and download them himself.

jinzin
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoid=695940812&Mytoken=98483B7B-12A2-83AF-FDBAA64BF705BE2113542724

cool violent music vid

jinzin
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoid=617495368&Mytoken=74A454A5-E12A-10AC-6144DF2537BEDC2A9218672

a nice little video if you haven't seen any of the new series

jinzin
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoid=626733286&Mytoken=74A454A5-E12A-10AC-6144DF2537BEDC2A9218672

this one I'm just putting here for my own evil reference purposes.. evil face

samishe
I give it to Guyver. Megasmashers would melt IM's armor.

jinzin
punk

jinzin
bump for tron... look at the new series music video. (i'm assuming you haven't seen this stuff befroe)...

Tassadar
Guyver wins, Iron Mans armor couldnt stand up to the arm blades, they are almost exactly like the anti-metal form of vibranium, meaning they go through Stark like water, regardless of his vast strength advantage, the laser from its forehead is pretty damn powerful, Id say better than IMs repulsors, and Stark has nothing that can top the Mega-Blast, which is like a DBZ level overpowered attack

jinzin
honestly I don't even thing IM's strength is that much greater than guyvers either.

Tron
Those vids wouldn't work for me.no expression

jinzin
did you press play? confused

Tron
Originally posted by jinzin
did you press play? confused

Yes, I did.

jinzin
wierd... hmm maybe you need a myspace account to activate it..

which would be wierd because I'm able to activate it without logging into myspace... hmmmm

sorry man.

Tron
Got a myspace account. Ain't workin' either way. Oh well...

jinzin
damn well that's frusturating.. I was going to save the files and host em somewhere else but it only lets me play them.. sorry...

Tron
It's cool, I'll find the videos somewhere.wink

Tassadar
honestly I don't even thing IM's strength is that much greater than guyvers either.

I thought Iron Man was class 85?

Mindship
Originally posted by grey fox
http://www.warriorguyver.com/wgfanfic/index.htm

Based on some of the Bios, Iron Man better be wearing his best armor to deal with some those guys.

jinzin
Originally posted by Tassadar
I thought Iron Man was class 85?

I think it's actually more.. but guyvers somewhere in the 60 ton range....

again.. look up how much abram tanks weigh... in the books there's basic zoanoids that are shown picking these tanks up with one arm and guyver still overpowers them without even being in super defense mode...

shadow177a17
The pressure shield which Guyver III which could be used against Iron Mans energy based weapons. missles they are nothing the sonic emitters can take care of them. he can just use the pressure cannon to wear the shield down that Iron Man has around him and gives Guyver a chance to cut him up to peices or blast him away with the Mega Smasher.Guyver can send back the peices of Iron Man to recycle the peices of the armor for scraps. Though i remember my friend telling me that if Cap can short circuit Iron Man's armor what do you think guyver can do to Iron Man.

Ultraman Baltan
lol anyone who reads that post is isn't going to have half an idea as to what any of that is,,,,control medal unit remover etc....lol.

I understand it. no expression

grey fox
..Man this thread is old.

Still Sho can dice Tony with ease.

complexbrother
my vote is for ...
http://www.maxfactory.jp/image/collect_guyver01_4.jpg

Innerhype
Iron Man wins practically hands down here.

grey fox
Originally posted by Innerhype
Iron Man wins practically hands down here.

Bullshit.

Innerhype
Bullshit.
Naw, 'tis ture.

Guyver just doen't seem to hold anymore advantages over Iron Man. Those advantages being speed and reflexes which are negated since Tony can move just as fast or faster and have reflexes just as fast or faster.

grey fox
Naw, 'tis ture.

Guyver just doen't seem to hold anymore advantages over Iron Man. Those advantages being speed and reflexes which are negated since Tony can move just as fast or faster and have reflexes just as fast or faster.

Nope.

Let's look at the facts.

Each guyver is consistently as strong as 100 men, this put's Guyver in the Class 100 range straight away*. Secondly none of Tony's weapons will do anything , the bio-armour is so strong that they (Kronos) had to create a specialised enzyme just to melt it.

Finally Guyvers weapons are MUCH more powerful then any Iron-man currently has (Save the Thor-buster..but even that seems to be losing some credibility around here....). Guyvers weapons are all 1 hit kills near enough.

*If were going by one hundred 'Marvel' men then he's probably over class 100 considering Cap is peak human and can lift 2-3 tons. If not then Guyvers still a CL100 due to the amazing feats of strength the human body has shown in the Real World.

Sam Z
I also want to add that guyver can take down dozens of class 100 monsters without much efforts, so strength isn't really a factor here.
Guyver can cut IM's head off with elbow blades.

Accel
Nope.

Let's look at the facts.

Each guyver is consistently as strong as 100 men, this put's Guyver in the Class 100 range straight away*. Secondly none of Tony's weapons will do anything , the bio-armour is so strong that they (Kronos) had to create a specialised enzyme just to melt it.

Finally Guyvers weapons are MUCH more powerful then any Iron-man currently has (Save the Thor-buster..but even that seems to be losing some credibility around here....). Guyvers weapons are all 1 hit kills near enough.

*If were going by one hundred 'Marvel' men then he's probably over class 100 considering Cap is peak human and can lift 2-3 tons. If not then Guyvers still a CL100 due to the amazing feats of strength the human body has shown in the Real World.
"Strength of a hundred men" doesn't mean strength of the world's strongest man 100 fold. It mainly applies to a man with average strength. Didn't Deathstroke prove to be at least as strong as a hundred men before?

Sam Z
Originally posted by Accel
"Strength of a hundred men" doesn't mean strength of the world's strongest man 100 fold. It mainly applies to a man with average strength. Didn't Deathstroke prove to be at least as strong as a hundred men before?

Strength of 100 men mustn't be taken literally, it's like Strength of Venom = Spider's strength + Brock's strength. It only works as a statement, but when it comes to strength feats, Guyver many times demonstrated that he is easilly class 100.

shadow177a17
IM is going to loose plain and simple for Iron Man doesn't have prep time and wont know what he is getting into with this fight. Also it hasn't been stated which Guyver is fighting Iron Man. If it is Guyver One Sho or Guyver Three Makishima Iron would loose hands down. For Guyver Three and One has a ace up their sleeves which is the Gigantic armor both of them can summon. With the gigantic armor either of them would have the capacity to waste Tony. The Gigantic upgrade would increase there capabilities of there Guyver Units even further. So in summary Iron Man will have to be sent to the junkyard after this fight if there is anything left of him. Here is my proof to prove it:

Gigantic Upgrade: http://www.warriorguyver.com/wgfanfic/datafiles/dfactf/giganticguyver.htm
Gigantic Guyver 3: http://www.warriorguyver.com/wgfanfic/datafiles/dfactf/zeusdata.htm

lando005
it's hard to say either way i wanna go with guyver but IM more dynamic

guyver 6/10

TricksterPriest
Which Guyver is it? Sho, Lisker, Agito? And are they in super-defense mode?

Guyver Gigantic? sick Ugh.......that's so spitey. Tony vs. any Guyver is a decent match, Gigantic is like throwing him against Thor.

Close range: Guyver, hands down. Stark might be able to take the HF blades with his armor, but he can't match Guyver's combat speed in close range and those blades will break his armor sooner or later.

Strength: Depends on the Guyver and super defense mode. With Super defense on, Guyver, otherwise, I'd call it a push.

Defense: I'm refering to defenses, not armor strength. Guyver's got the sonic emitters to disrupt Tony, but that kind of attack may not work well. There's also the gravity orb and using the HF blades as shields. On the other hand, Stark has a full shield, computer guidance, various blasters and weapons and electronic counter measures. Now....the problem with that is, the Guyver is organic. So Extremis won't do shit for him other than help make his reactions fast enough so the Guyver doesn't blitz him off the bat.

Armor strength: Guyver. Higher durability feats and despite it running on the host's bio-energy, it can do more damage than Tony can. Enzyme was designed to smash Guyvers and Guyver was able to regen from that. Tony might be able to figure out the control medal weakspot, but since he doesn't watch anime, he's boned on that idea. stick out tongue

Offense: Guyver. Pressure canon, HF blades, Sonic emitters, head laser, and the Mega smashers. Mega Smasher will be a ***** to connect with, but it will do as much, if not more damage, than what Thor did to Iron Man in Thor #3. Assuming it doesn't vape him outright.

Maneuvering: Guyver's faster in close combat, but Tony's got the skies to himself and he can fly indefinitely.

Tony can win if he figures out the Guyver's weakspots and wears him down. The Guyver wins if he catches Tony or connects with his heavy weapons.

rader
well iron man has the danger sensors right, so that would be very effective, almost as good as a spidey sense, but how much would it help?

WHITEBEARD
Sho (Guyver) wins this.

It just not a fare fight.

lando005
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Which Guyver is it? Sho, Lisker, Agito? And are they in super-defense mode?

Guyver Gigantic? sick Ugh.......that's so spitey. Tony vs. any Guyver is a decent match, Gigantic is like throwing him against Thor.

Close range: Guyver, hands down. Stark might be able to take the HF blades with his armor, but he can't match Guyver's combat speed in close range and those blades will break his armor sooner or later.

Strength: Depends on the Guyver and super defense mode. With Super defense on, Guyver, otherwise, I'd call it a push.

Defense: I'm refering to defenses, not armor strength. Guyver's got the sonic emitters to disrupt Tony, but that kind of attack may not work well. There's also the gravity orb and using the HF blades as shields. On the other hand, Stark has a full shield, computer guidance, various blasters and weapons and electronic counter measures. Now....the problem with that is, the Guyver is organic. So Extremis won't do shit for him other than help make his reactions fast enough so the Guyver doesn't blitz him off the bat.

Armor strength: Guyver. Higher durability feats and despite it running on the host's bio-energy, it can do more damage than Tony can. Enzyme was designed to smash Guyvers and Guyver was able to regen from that. Tony might be able to figure out the control medal weakspot, but since he doesn't watch anime, he's boned on that idea. stick out tongue

Offense: Guyver. Pressure canon, HF blades, Sonic emitters, head laser, and the Mega smashers. Mega Smasher will be a ***** to connect with, but it will do as much, if not more damage, than what Thor did to Iron Man in Thor #3. Assuming it doesn't vape him outright.

Maneuvering: Guyver's faster in close combat, but Tony's got the skies to himself and he can fly indefinitely.

Tony can win if he figures out the Guyver's weakspots and wears him down. The Guyver wins if he catches Tony or connects with his heavy weapons. nice breakdown of the fight

jinzin
Hmmm I think this should be Sho-Guyver I (No gigantic) to keep things fair... and while that was a nice breakdown of the fight, to say that Iron Man has the skies to himself is inaccurate.. Guyver's have repeatedly shown the ability to take flight; Agito was using flight while fighting Neo X-tole before Gigantic I made his debut.

TricksterPriest
I know the Guyver can fly. But IM is much much faster and he can go higher since he doesn't have to breathe.

jinzin
Guyver's suits can breath indefinitely for them... I think the estimate on the armors was something around 20 minutes.

But I doubt the battle will take to space... in terms of Guyver's speed while flying.. I dunno.. Agito pulled the afterimage-teleport on Zancrux while in mid-flight.

TricksterPriest
He did? Hmm, might have to revise my opinion on the maneuvering.

Hey wait a min, you said it was Sho in the match. stick out tongue Agito is better at using the Guyver than Sho. laughing out loud

jinzin
True.. just food for thought.

I say Guyver pressure cannons his own head and lets the control metal take over and turns into the juggernaught of Ep 6 (ovaII).... Tony's toast after that.

WHITEBEARD
This match goes to Sho. (Guyver 1)

He really would not need the control metal to take over.

jinzin
still, that assbeating would be fun to watch.

Tony "I just soiled my armor" sad

WHITEBEARD
LOL,

lando005
hmm i dont think guyver's heat lazer would be too effective on ironman however thoes gravity blasts of his would knock out tony's shields with enough hits i think 2 key factors in this fight is the guyvers regenerating ability and who ever's power lasts the longest, I don't think guyver has been involved with a really long drawn out battle but i could be wrong.

i think sho could drag the battle out to the point where tony gets sloppy and walks into the mega smasher but tony may be able to dodge due to the stolen spider sense

SevenShackles
ironman is screwed. Guyver wins. good fight, nice thread =D

lando005
and a nice change of pace around here

Tony Stark
Originally posted by lando005
hmm i dont think guyver's heat lazer would be too effective on ironman however thoes gravity blasts of his would knock out tony's shields with enough hits i think 2 key factors in this fight is the guyvers regenerating ability and who ever's power lasts the longest, I don't think guyver has been involved with a really long drawn out battle but i could be wrong.

i think sho could drag the battle out to the point where tony gets sloppy and walks into the mega smasher but tony may be able to dodge due to the stolen spider sense

confused

Did anyone see Tony against Graviton, Super Adadptoid, Crimson Dynamo. Guyver has 0% chance in getting 1 win.

Innerhype
Iron Man wins practically hands down here. laughing

ashroro
So what happened with Thor? smile

The Fake Macoy
The Guyver has the elbow blades which can cut just about anything, as well as the mega-smasher which is stronger than any standard attack Tony has. Also, the Guyver's sonic attack could work well on Tony, as I'm not sure how well he's protected against that.

The Guyver takes this a solid 7/10 in my opinion.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Guyver 8/10 over Tony.

lando005
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Did anyone see Tony against Graviton, Super Adadptoid, Crimson Dynamo. Guyver has 0% chance in getting 1 win. yes my opinion stands tony has no clear edge against guyver

Innerhype
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
The Guyver has the elbow blades which can cut just about anything, as well as the mega-smasher which is stronger than any standard attack Tony has. Also, the Guyver's sonic attack could work well on Tony, as I'm not sure how well he's protected against that.

The Guyver takes this a solid 7/10 in my opinion.

Guyver's blades can slice through just about anything, though whether or not it's slicing through Iron Man's armor is speculative and arguable. Guyver's mega-smasher is comparable to Iron Man's own "mega-smasher". And Iron Man has counter sonics for sonic attacks.

Iron Man 9.5/10

lando005
Guyver's blades can slice through just about anything, though whether or not it's slicing through Iron Man's armor is speculative and arguable. Guyver's mega-smasher is comparable to Iron Man's own "mega-smasher". And Iron Man has counter sonics for sonic attacks.

Iron Man 9.5/10 your first statement is a contradiction you agree thatguyver's blade can cut through almost anything yet you say they may not cut ironman's armor. More likely than not he's going to be able to cut his armor as for the mega smasher vs the uni beam I would say the smasher has more raw power behind it. Sonics it's a toss up but from what i've seen from both guyver's is more destructive.

ironman may have more features with his armor but the places he and guyver are the same guyver is just better except flight

jinzin

Iron Man 9.5/10
Spiderman's punches were causing Tony's armor to chip, vibration blades will do just fine.

One half of a guyver megasmasher has leveled a forest... one half....

Innerhype
Spiderman's punches were causing Tony's armor to chip, vibration blades will do just fine.

One half of a guyver megasmasher has leveled a forest... one half....

That was PIS, Iron Man has taken angry punches to the face from Sentry without "chipping". And not just Sentry either but a lot of beings far more powerful than Spider-man.

Leveling is forest is something Iron Man can easily do as well, the last time Iron Man used his uni-beam for widespread destruction a army of tanks and choppers and such were instantly vaporized.

lando005
the uni beam isnt even as strong as 1/2 of guyvers mega smasher

jinzin
That was PIS, Iron Man has taken angry punches to the face from Sentry without "chipping". And not just Sentry either but a lot of beings far more powerful than Spider-man.

Leveling is forest is something Iron Man can easily do as well, the last time Iron Man used his uni-beam for widespread destruction a army of tanks and choppers and such were instantly vaporized.
It was even produced by a damaged guyver at that....

scans?

Tony Stark
the uni beam isnt even as strong as 1/2 of guyvers mega smasher

Thats a laughing .

Ask Graviton how powerful the Uni-beam is.

IM walks on Guyver every time.

lando005
coming form an ironman poster boy that really convincing

jinzin
laughing out loud

WHITEBEARD

lando005
you forgot the head beam and the gravity controller

2D_MASTER
Umm.... I dont wanna read all the pages before this. But.... I say the Guyver unit 1 could take Iron man with a bit of trouble. If we are taking about Sho with the Giant Guyver.... then Iron Man goes down hard.

WHITEBEARD
you forgot the head beam and the gravity controller

Oh, yea.

Well with the gravity controller the Guyver can fire a compressed Black Hole, know as the pressuer cannon, & The Head Beam is actually a laser, very powerful for its size.

I think thats it. cool

shadow177a17
Guyver Powns Iron Man.....

Innerhype
Originally posted by shadow177a17
Guyver Powns Iron Man.....

No he doesn't, for obvious reasons.

jinzin
no expression

shiv
Guyver in a one shot stomp

shadow177a17
No he doesn't, for obvious reasons.
Nope he is going to get powned by Guyver....

FortyDeuce
I'm digging up an old post here. I found it during a Google search and wanted to add my two cents. I haven't looked through all the posts, but one thing you have to consider is that Tony has been upgraded with Extremis. He is the armor now. And considering that the last post was in 2008, he's had a few armor upgrades, and I don't even know what the Superior Iron Man armor is capable of. While the Guyver units are impressive, Tony can respond to whatever is going on around him, just as fast as the armors computers can assess and process the situation. Both Sho and Agito would have the fight of their lives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.