Prince VS Prince - SoT or WW?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
http://kongsjungle.co.uk/funkyj/pics/pvp.JPG

Heres a debate ive been having with my buddies, and thought it could be quite a good one online.

Which prince do you prefere? the young prince from sands of time, or the more adult prince from warrior within?

my vote would probably lean towards the younger prince, main reason being the many funny quotes he comes out with during the game. but then i thought adult prince was pretty cool aswell.

what do you guys think? discuss!

SaTsuJiN
sands of time prince.. he has better controls... the warrior within prince would accidentally jump himself into a spike pit or wall blade anyway

ChickinMeat
thats a pretty good point actually, thank god for sands ey!

ragesRemorse
warrior within was a joke. Prince went from a solid, innovative game to a below average rental.

dgeniu
Actually, I like his adult self

dgeniu
Allow me to finish my previous message, `cos there`s this school librarian who has wierd ideas about closing the place at a given time....

As I was saying, I like his adult self for several reasons:

a)the character design - mainly his face - the scars symbolizing the roughness of his life, the dark shade around his eyes - symbolizing the doom that is upon him and the eyes themselves, that radiant blue colour bringing much needed hope to his overall look, as if to say-"I`ve got enought fight left in me to succeed, although my life is dominated by death!"

b)the whole idea of the game - not accepting your fate, fighting it with all your might, which never fails to inspire.

c)the way he looks, of course...*wink* wink*

If there is one thing that I don`t like is the bloody aspect of the fights, I mean it`s supposed to be like that, but do we really need so much of it?

PS. Thank God for the sands indeed!

ChickinMeat
I agree with your points there dgeniu, except for C, cant say im into acrobatic royal men embarrasment

dgeniu
No problem, more for me! wink

ChickinMeat
Help yourself, hes all yours!

ragesRemorse
Adult self? are you refering to sands of time? I mean the princes character in Warrior within reminded me more of a teenager. Aside from the character the game went below that standards set in the first game. The controls were even more clunky that the first. I liked the addition to moves, but they all felt the same because there was no change in the fighting system, it was all one button moves, which was cool in the first because the brunt of the game was adventure, the focul point of WW was fighting.

ChickinMeat
thread revitalisation! stick out tongue

I thought the moves system was pretty good, if you spend a bit of time with it, you can make some pretty sweet combos.

and what i have found that i quite like about WW, is that you dont have to fight every enemy, you can just run past them and continue puzzles. sands of time you HAD to fight.

Im replaying WW through now, and i have only fought enemies when you have to, general ones i just leave behind. ive had a proper battle maybe, once?

i love these games, definatly in my top 10 of all time.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by dgeniu
Actually, I like his adult self oh dont get me wrong.. the maturity gig was fine.. the cheap rock'n roll sucked hardcore, and those one-liners had to go though... I did like how they tried something new.. but they basically took a steamin shit on sands of time.. that game was so fluid , and then they have the nerve to ask for 50 dollars for an unfinished mess of controls?.. gimme a break.. you cant even perform a simple task like running across the room, without accidentally doing 2 wall kick-flips, and nose-dive into a spike pit... I learn controls pretty fast.. but warrior within was too much

ChickinMeat
I think thats happened to me once or twice, but then i did that in sands of time too, i dont have a problem with warrior's controls.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.