the thing vs. beast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muffin man
well ones hairy and the others rocky
let the battle begin

GRIMM THING
no contest here - another Yancy Street win IMO

Mainstream
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I gotta go with Thing.

muffin man
well beast is quicker and more agile but the thing is stronger so there is something to discuss really do intelligence and agility beat raw power?

illadelph12
I've seen Black Panther hand Thing his ass before. Hank isn't going to brawl with him, he's going to use his superior agility, speed, and intelligence to his advantage. I say he just pisses Grimm off until he punches himself out, and then he does a pinball tackle to the back of Thing's head and knocks his exhausted ass down for a 10 count.

Cosmic Cube
Actually, Beast isn't all that intelligent (though I'm sure he's smarter than Thing.) He's very well learned, but he isn't as smart as Reed Richards or Bruce Banner. According to Marvel, Beast is "gifted." Thing is also far more durable than Beast. Beast's agility combined with his strength is a large factor, but Thing has excellent fighting skills (though he's not a maser like Wolverine.) I'm swaying towards Thing. This is like a welterweight fighting a heavyweight.

Scoobless
it's more like a welterweight fighting a brick wall

Tony Stark
laughing out loud The Thing would have no problem taking The Beast down. Hank may touch him a couple times for little damage, the 1st or 2nd time that the Thing lays one of his 4 fingers on him, it would be over for The Blue fuzzball. Depending how flush the contact is.

IMO

BenjaminJGrimm
I like Hank and all... But come on.

1...2...3 Pin fall THE THING.

Arsenal
Thing would (I love saying this) murder him.

illadelph12
"Actually, Beast isn't all that intelligent (though I'm sure he's smarter than Thing.) He's very well learned, but he isn't as smart as Reed Richards or Bruce Banner. According to Marvel, Beast is "gifted.""

laughing

Uh, the guy that invents half of the X-men's tech and is responsible for most of the major innovations in the Danger Room 'isn't all that intelligent'?

Wow. laughing

You do know that Hank is a renowned inventor, biologist and geneticist in the MU, right? Saying Hank's no Reed is like saying Reed's no Doom or High Evolutionary.

I'm pretty sure Beast could handle himself with Thing. He's seen worse fighting Sentinels and in the Danger Room. I'm not saying he's stronger or hits harder, or that he could knock Grimm out straight up, I'm just saying he has the tools.

Ali figured out a way to drop Foreman.

snoopdogg
Actually Beast has a intelligence level of 5 which is genius. Level 4 is gifted. Beast figured out a cure for the legacy virus. Beast has the tools to beat Thing but I dont see it happening.

muffin man
I like the way you think

Tony Stark
I don't think that Doom's over Reed, i think that it's the other way around as far as smarts and in the realm of inventing things. IMO i look at Stark and Doom in the same breathe and that both are under Mr. Fantastic and i think it's hard to count somebody whose not from this time line like High EVO. Like i said IMO.

DarkCrawler
I think Doom and Reed are in same level. Doom found an way to stole Beyounder's powers.

David Duchovony
I agree. Doom and Reed are equals, they were meant to parallel each other but the reason Doom was able to steal the Surfer's and Beyonder's power is because he devotes his intelligence to his sinister purposes. If Reed was all evil he could do the same thing, but since he isn't, he uses his mind and tech for good.

Scoobless
so if doom's as smart as reed, does that mean you think beast will win?............ or did you just wander slightly off topic rolling on floor laughing

David Duchovony
I did wander off and no, I don't think Beast could beat The Thing.

Victor Von Doom
Never.

I've always thought Doom was smarter than Richards. It's easier to frustrate than create.

rougeredmage
i never liked beast ever since he turned into a beast he was mutch cooler when he was plain old big hands and feet. classic beast rocked so i say come on thing i may have dissed you fighting colossus but this is beast and quite frankly he sucks. so i say go thing go thing go. one lucky punch is all you need

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.