End of star wars: besdies EU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mace Skywalker
Is this really the last of the Star wars movies. Depending on success and how he feels, will Lucas continue with 7,8,9!

ExecuteR
dont think so but there are same who believe................supershadow

Sith Master X
I've got a feeling more SW movies will be made, later on down the road.

Morridini
I don't really think there will be any more, at least not as long as GL lives. But I would really like it.

acedanger
I hope GL decides to do another star wars project. But I highly doubt that he will. I would HATE to see anyone else take it on. So I would rather rewatch the old movies that are out now a million times then watch new movies with someone elses interpretation of star wars!!

Sith Master X
I agree. I'd hate to see a new SW movie not being done by GL. Just wouldn't be the same.

LandoSpeeder2
This would actually go in the Literature & Expanded Universe forum, and I'm sure their's a thread for this allready.

RottenDarthOne
I know Lucas and all them said "NO SEQUELS EVER" and all that jazz but I have a comment...

I have a Time magazine from 1983 with GL on the cover. In the interview they talk about ROTJ being the last in the saga and they ask if he'll make any more. His response was that IF he'd make more he wouldn't make sequels but prequels, then he comments that he'll probably never get to it, that he's got other plans, he'll be too old, whatever. We all know what happened there.

Then in an interview a year or 2 ago with ET, they asked him the same question, but regarding if he'd make any more SW movies after Ep. III. He said he'd be interested in making more with the old cast, to see what happened to them and where they are now, etc. Then he said that he's got other plans, he'll be too old, whatever.

So anyways, I think this time he really is too old. But I just see a similarity in the 2 answers he gave.

ARC Trooper 117
True....
But still, his movies of late haven't been up to par with the OT. roll eyes (sarcastic)
So anything goes, really.

Sith Master X
Well you see, I think the Prequels are better then the OT. Now, that's just me.

ARC Trooper 117
Really?
I guess you would have to have been born in the 70's to understand that....
THEY ARE BETTER! eek!
But that's just my opinion. wink
You have to admit though, "Master Obi-Wan would be very grumpy" made you both laugh and vomit inwardly at the same time, right?

Sith Master X
I'm not so picky about dialogue. erm

lol

ARC Trooper 117
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Dialogue should be good in a movie, especially one as hyped as Ep.II was.
Still, I did love that movie too....but just because of the Clone Troopers' resemblance of the Stormtroopers....droolio
And Obi-Wan. diva
stick out tongue

Sith Master X
Well true, it most definitely should be good. But in all reality, when people talk to one another, they don't really stop for 5 seconds and think about what they are going to say just so that it sound good. lol

But I understand where you're coming from. For the most part, I've never had a problem with the prequel's dialogue. It's the story that matters the most in my opinion, and as long as GL is getting the story across, that's good enough for me. smile

ARC Trooper 117
True.
My biggest problem w/ the PT is that they seem to be....so....chock full of stuff, ya' know? Like he's trying to squeeze to much $hit in them at one time.
I didn't like AotC that much because of the name, really. stick out tongue Otherwise, it was okay. wink Mostly.

But this is getting off-topic now, so....

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Wasn't there a rumour of a TV-show after Ep3.(not clonewars ofcourse).
I thought they were planning for something like that.
I read an interview with Lucas, where they asked him about the life after StarWars> He said that there would be NO MORE movies, but they're thinking of a live-action TV-show. As long as the fans want StarWars, there will be something StarWars in book, cartoon or another form( wink )!
That's good enough for me, I'm betting on those TV-shows!!

bILLYgOAT
What age is GL ? mid to late fifties ?, he could make movies into his 70's
I know that he has said a load of times
"NO MORE, THATS IT, DRY YOUR EYES AND MOVE ON"
but I love to see a flick with the OT cast to catch up them, but its very unlikely that Harrison Ford would do it.
If its going to happen, we'll hear word about it within 2 years of Rots release as the technology is ready, and the OT actors aren't getting younger. sad

side note...
anyone hear any news regarding the next Indiana Jones movie?
is it a go or no?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.