Marvel's Cosmic heroes and heroines vs Dc Cosmic heroes and heroines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RobWolf27
A battle of Cosmic Heroes. From two universes If anyone ask the Phoenix is included she a cosmic being. Basically space heroes vs space heroes

spetznaz
Marvel is ridiculously overpowered when it comes to every character above Thor. Marvel would win this easy.

RobWolf27
DC got Green lantern corp ,

Scoobless
lantern corp would struggle to stall galactus and his heralds, the the celestials and infinates would just crush everyone, and if that didn't work they'd just bring in the infinity gauntlet, the cosmic cube and the heart of the universe....... then the living tribunal........ then hal jordan, standing there all alone.......... would crap his green pants

kgkg
so what ? Marvel got tons of powerful entity as well.

hey i once saw all the gods (zues , raw , and other god) are they any powerful i was them in a group meeting with king thor.

spetznaz
The way Thanos is written (read: Ridiculously overpowered) he alone would take out the whole DC universe when he has the IG and HOTU. And if you add the other Marvel slobber jobs like Galactus and his heralds, Death, Eterity, Goddess etc etc etc you have a steroid-overdose group so deep that by the time you get to the level of the Phoenix force DC would have stopped existing a long time ago. Even at one time SpiderMan (yeah, the friendly neighborhood Spidey) was made Cosmic!
Here is a pic of, ahem, Cosmic Spiderman standing next to the Silver Surfer.
http://img14.exs.cx/img14/210/silcos.jpg

And people complain about Pre-Crisis Supes! Sheesh!
Anyways, Marvel's cosmics have levels of power that would make Pre-Crisis Superman join an Ashram! And they have by far more cosmic level entities in Marvel than there are members in the GL corps. They would win in the time it take them to have a thought!
And anyways, even uber-powerful DC characters like Parallax and Ion just would not cut it against a person like Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet! Those gems seem to gain extra powers whenever needed. And if Thanos has the HOTU then it is all over for DC.
Not even Batman's overused 'prep time' could deal with a Marvel writer gone silly/crazy with pen and ink making their cosmics do things even gods would be puzzled by!

Tron
Well, to take that out of the equation, I believe he said Marvel Cosmics vs DC Cosmics, not Marvel Cosmics w/uber-powerful artifacts. Now that the playing field is leveled...

Scoobless
if you take artifacts out of it then you have to take the GL rings away too, they are all just additional weapons, (this doesn't include thor's hammer as it is practically a part of him)

"And people complain about Pre-Crisis Supes! Sheesh! "

well the thing about cosmic spidey is that he was only ever meant to last a few issues, supes was like that for a loooooong time

GRIMM THING
What about this guy?

http://cache.tias.com/stores/joespaper/pictures/j0516a.jpg

Scoobless
that's who i was talking about, hal jordan became the spectre........ as far as i'm aware

Swanky-Tuna
GL rings are different. I'd say Marvel's guys are more powerful because they're not always focused on being physically powerful.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I think this may actually be a closer match than people give credit for. Question though:

Doesn't Spectre have the same hang-ups that Tribunal has? Basically, he's the Wrath of God and can do anything, but only if God wishes for it to happen. Similar to how Tribunal can do anything within the bounds of keeping creation balanced, but he can't just step in when someone threatens to nuke Toronto or when a cosmic entity is performing within the bounds of it's purpose. Like say if DC God wanted some super powerful being killed, he'd say "Hal, take homie out" and then Spectre does his thing, but then in situations like in "Identity Crisis" he was powerless to stop a killer because it wasn't the task God had for him, even though he knew who the killer was and could have stopped him or revealed his identity, but was commanded not to.

Basically, unless the DC God says "Go kick Marvel's butt", with all of his power, Spectre is just a tool of the Almighty.

Like a supernatural Black and Decker Handsaw. smile

Tron
If you take away the GL rings, you take away the GL's. Their's as much a part of them as is Thor. You take away the IG or HOTU from Thanos, he's still the same Thanos that fought Odin to a standstill.

Scoobless
i disagree.......(seems to be happaning a lot lately) thor's hammer is much more a part of him than the GL corps rings are of them, the hammer is mystically bound to him by his father but the GL rings just get passed around when the GL dies, plus they are much more like a soldiers rifle in that (originally) they were controlled by the guardians and could be taken back at any time when the GL dissobeys orders

the GL corp is basically a millitary organisation whereas Thor is a one off deity

mr.smiley
marvel!!!!

Tron
That's not the point you were trying to make earlier, you're going in another direction completely now.

I'll repeat again, you take away those omnipotent artifacts from someone like Thanos (IG, HOTU, which aren't part of his regular arsenal anyways), he's still a very powerful Thanos. You take away the GL rings from any GL, you take away the very thing that makes them GL's in the first place, just like if you take away the hammer that's makes Thor who he is, or the S that makes Superman who he is (in stature, not power). Are we on the same page now?

Scoobless
not quite, i know what you mean about thanos's toys and that he shouldn't get to play with them, but realistically a GL ring has the same affect on a human as the infinity gauntlet has on thanos (in terms of percentage power increase by a weapon anyone can harness) whereas thor's hammer can only be used by thor (ok, maybe one or two others as well..... but not many) and even without it thor's still immortal and damn strong........ if we're being fair about no toy's that don't really belong to you then GL's shouldn't get their rings....... that's all i was saying

Tron
Well, then that's pretty much saying there should be no Green Lanterns, you take away the rings, you take away them. And a GL ring and the Infinity Gauntlet don't have the same effect, since the GL ring doesn't make you "god of the universe", and the IG makes anyone, whether it's Thanos or not, that powerful. The Infinity Gauntlet and the Heart of the Universe are unnecessary objects for most characters compared the GL ring, which what makes a Green Lantern a Green Lantern.

pr1983
if u take away the gl rings dc are f*cked...

Scoobless
but you can still have the guardians accessing the power directly...... if any of them are still around

Tron
Yeah, but still, the GL ring is what the Green Lanterns are, that's what gives them the power they have in the first place. It's like taking away the fraction of Power Cosmic that Galactus gave Silver Surfer.

And if we're adding the Guardians of Oa into this, then someone's getting their ass whooped.

Beyonder
It says SPACE HEROES, not all cosmic beings battle.

Not sure who'd win.

Here's a list of Marvel cosmic heroes and heroines:

Warlock, Silver Surfer, Firelord, Nova, Thor, Drax, Moondragon, Gamora, Dr Strange, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hyperion, Phoenix (Jean Grey is a heroine), Jack Of Hearts, Binary, Sersi, Thena, Eros, etc.

DC's list:

Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Captain Marvel, GL, GL Corp., Spectre, Fate...

That's all I know for DC.

Please feel free to add to either list.

kgkg
LT is a hero just he is keeping universe in blance , what is the defenition of hero as a see it anyone good that helps can be hero.

but marvel takes it. but they got spectre and i don't see any marvel most powerfull there so i see DC talking it why is spectre there?

Beyonder
Then why didn't he stop Thanos from killing half the universe?

LT, Eternity, Order, Celestials, Galactus, Odin aren't heroes. Do you see them going around and saving people? When they do save, it's because they have to or for some selfish reasons of theirs. It's not like they go out their and save people and fight for justice on their own will.

kgkg
Beyonder point taken.

then Dc will win then cuz they have spectre which hero can beat him?

illadelph12
Hmm...

Spectre = Wrath of God

Tribunal = Judge, Jury, Caretaker and if necessary, Executioner, of everyone below God.

Hmm...

kgkg
lT IS NOT A HERO lmaO

spectre is this is hero battle LT is not fighting

illadelph12
Have you guys read Identity Crisis?

kgkg
i don't know lol beyond is saying his not a hero i though he was.

Mider
i thought this was heroes only why are the celestials and galactus in this well ok if you want to just put everyone in DC would take it lets see they have

swamp thing
the endless
darkbeast
amazo
parallax
etragan
Ion
Gog
Magog
superman prime
the superman dynesty including that one superman who controlls hyper-time
wonder women
they have there own morgan lafay
they got there own Zues
they have there own Aries
the wizard shazam
they have the spectre
Highfater of new genesis
Darkseid
Orion
the new gods
the anti-life equation
magog
sinestro
bizarro
Lex luthor
martian man hunter
lobo
Archangel Micheal
Lucifer Morningstar
DC God
Saint of killers
the voice
the presance
the source
neron
mr mxyzypte (the guy from the fifth dimension)
preacher
hitman
aquman
DC has its own order and chaos
they have there own Kronos god of time

All you guys think marvel has this your very wrong the source the presance the darkbeast those guys alone have more then the LT and eternity thats not even all of them there so many other guys i cant even think of all of them i dont think Marvel can beat all those uber entities.

kgkg
it's not how many entity you have it don't matter .

like God vs everyone in universy God will win.

And i don't see anybody beating LT

Beyonder
Then a loss is a loss. We have to follow the rules here now people. Furthemore, it's getting tiresome arguing about cosmic gods against cosmic gods.

As for Spectre, your assuming Spectre is equal to LT. He's not. Spectre might be a lackey of the Presence as LT to TOAA, but it doesn't mean they're equals. Spectre gets his powers from Presence when and how much is needed to get the job done. LT already has all his powers infused into him and nothing more is added.

If Spectre was equal to LT or Eternity or Death, would there be a need for him to join the JSA - heroes from a back watered planet? Spectre is like the Phoenix of the JSA. Spectre's powers is inconsistent. His base power is probably below or equal to a REGULAR Galactus that roams the universe looking for planets to devour.

So it's Phoenix Vs. Spectre, which sounds about right. And since when does the Presence empower Spectre in a fight against other heroes or in a forum fight for that matter.

kgkg
i love Beyonder's points that's good backup rite there.

Mider
You dont see anyone beating LT? Then you dont see much of anything some of those are divine level beings as in before creation.

illadelph12
Before creation of mortal beings maybe. They were still created or 'brought into conception' by a higher being.

Mider
like i said to another guy if the writer wants so and so to be the first entity ever then so be it get over yourselves.

Tron
You put up a good list Mider, but since most of those characters aren't heroes, don't you think you should cut a few characters from that list?

Mider
hmmm if its only heroins and heroes well to tell you the truth? I think the superman dynesty alone could beat all of marvel by themselves. One superman has controll over hyper-time and was the one who finally stoped the rampaige of Gog (Gog is not dead though only stranded)

Tron
Well, Chuck "The Suck" did bring Gog back in Action Comics, but I don't know what happened to him though, cause it's pretty hard to stomach reading anything with his name on it.

crazyspinz
u guys are forgeting alot of DCs guys, Lobo, Superman Prime, Orion and all those guys, Darksied and the armies of apokalispe, Paralax,

but then again Marvel has king thor, new son gambit, The keeper, morg with waters of life, 8th day juggernaut,

DarkCrawler
What about Archangel Michael? Or Lucifer?

Scoobless
and rick jones............... jonesy can survive anything

Swanky-Tuna
And Franklin Richards and JUBILEE! MARVEL IS THE WIENER!

Mider
Marvel is not by any means the winner Archangel Micheal and Lucifer Morningstar can probably take all of marvel by themselves the gaurdians of the universe are another such uber power orginization, so is the syperman dynesty, Orion and Highfather, Swampthing, Constantine, i think marvel will be going down.

spetznaz
Inform me on New Son Gambit. Thanks.

kgkg
ya can someone please provide us with a link to bio or comic reference of New son. He sounds like a uber powerful charecter to me, but never i heard of him.

Mider
the new son is basically an evil alternate gambit but unlike gambit his powers are hundreds of times greater he doesnt need to touch anything to charge it he just needs to see it, but unlike the good gambit he can charge things as large as planets and make them explode he has gambits powers but on a cosmic level he can even go to other dimensions from what ive heard. but he doesnt count in this fight cause he is not a hero.

RobWolf27
Just Cosmic heroes and heroines , No extras like archangels, or just basic space heroes like silver surfer or Green lantern , amazo any other cosmic type. Aren't archangels eternal?I mean plain old marvel universe vs plain old Dc universe in the cosmic department OK.

RobWolf27
No villians

RobWolf27
Oh wonder woman is a earth based heroine and swampthing is also earth based. Dc has more space heroes from the future I think.

savagerampage
Thanos with his inf gauntlet would annihilate 75% of the Dc universe by himself, leave couple of guys like spectre,lucifer,arcangel etc. spectre = the wrath of god. But goddess she is a god,and has the power to create planets and life itself, spectre would get trashed. not to mention, u still have galactus, LT the list goes on and on. so marvel wins hands down

RobWolf27
No villians and no God like characthers. Just heroes and heroines

kgkg
lol Marvel has more cosmic heros than DC .

So marvel takes it which hero can take out silver surfer (hero not high entities like parallax , Spectre etc)

and we have Thor , Hulk , Beta ray Bill , and all those cosmic buddies of the surfer.

Dc - Laterns , Superman , flash etc , the heros are out match.

Swanky-Tuna
There's people saying like "DC wins because they have Darkseid and Parallax and Lucifer" or "Marvel wins because they have Thanos and Galactus and Living Tribunal"

Heros only, people.

kgkg
ya am talking about hero not include peep like glactus .

but sufer and his comic buddies are hero , so they will kill all Dc hero.

Swanky-Tuna
I was talking about *other* people

rougeredmage
well does this inculde every posssible multiverse of marvel verus every posssible combination of multiversus seen in the DC universe in some type of amalgramtion... does it also inculde tempory aliences with villans thAt have ben made for a greater good?

also when does a hero become a hero and not just a portagaist. as marvel seems to have alot exceptionaly powerfull heros that may fall into either the catagory of hero or non combatent... i am thinking in this case of the eternals.. though i would be certain that cannonball and hyperion (squadron supreme) would be classed as heros.... and they are vitualy immortal big grin

also lets not forget that captain marvel and all those possible Kree heros in waiting have cosmic awarness and naga bands that could be quite usefulll

oh and i dont think its fair to exclude weapons from this fight as it will get nowhere

Tron
Well, I think it IS fair to exclude such things as the Infinity Gauntlet and the Heart of the Universe, since they're not items specially made for specific charactes anyways.

kgkg
with IG, HOTU is not fair since they make them God .

So ya i agree with TRon , GL are diff then IG (big time)

Mider
Superman, GL's outmached by silver surfer? Your jocking right? Superman prime alone could probably take down galactus and the GL's would kick silver surfers ass and the heralds in fact the GL's could probably take out the entire host of marvels cosmic characters and heroins.

Beyonder
I don't think we're using alternate timelines or future timelines. Otherwise adult Franklin Richards and Shaman Nate would kill all the GL's.

As for Superman Prime, he only lives because Nate and Franklin are leaving for Phoenix to devour. And Robwolf27 did specify she could be used since she is a cosmic heroine. Prime is but a super charged solar being - Phoenix would r@pe him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.