Duel Winners?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Guys I'm confused, Yoda's better than Mace, yet Mace defeats Sidious, and Sidious owns Yoda?

Wat Tambor
U sure that Yoda is better than Mace

Wat Tambor
Because i didn't know that

NoMeN
afaik, palps lets mace win. he wants anakin to take part on the fight.

Grand Moff Gav
yoda is the most powerful jedi
in maces own words "Im ment to be the 2nd meanest in the whole order"

Jedi-Knight 8k2
GL even said Yoda is the most powerful

Grand Moff Gav
he did yes hmmhmhm (yoda laugh)

zavin
anakin said:
-Don't get me wrong, Obi Wan is a good master. He is as WISE as Mater Yoda and as POWERFUL as Master Windu.

Maybe Mace has more skill than Yoda, but Yoda is more experienced and knows the force better than Mace.

Grand Moff Gav
possibly but ....YODA IS GOD.... there i said it ,sorry i am yes

bill9d9
I thought that Mace was a better swordsman, but Yoda is more knowledgeable in the force.

Grand Moff Gav
i dont know obi wan did say

rival YODA as a swordsman

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Mace wise? yeah right...going straight into a siths office with only 3 other backs ups, Please!

Morridini
Yoda is most powerful in the force.
While Mace is most powerful with the saber.
Just check AotC again.

JKozzy
Or maybe he just doesn't know of Yoda's abilities, since he may have never seen Yoda in action, and he was also knocked out when Yoda fought Dooku.

Darth Subjekt
relly now? watch the Ep3 portion of the Bonus disc....GL sayd at the time of EP3, ANAKIN is in fact the most powerful....period.

darth eddie
I always assumed that the force was broken into two different categories. the 1st being physical skills: force push, lightsaber skills etc..
and the 2nd being mental powers like seeing the future, reading thoughts and the mind tricks. I think that ankakin sees mace as the most powerful in category 1 and yoda in #2 but Anakin prolly hasnt seen yoda duel yet when he says that.

As far as mace beating sidious, i dont think mace would have a chance. i think that Sidious was toying with mace so Anakin would save him thus begining his transformation into darth vader.

XX Emperor XX
I'm with Nomen. I think palps is just toying with Mace he wants to see if Anakin would turn and help him. If Anakin didn't then I would suspect Palps would then show his true powers and dispose of Mace

Darth Subjekt
but then he'd have to deal with the 2 most powerful Jedis....hed lose....quick.

XX Emperor XX
Yea true u may be right...maybe Windu is just better then Yoda with a light-saber but Yoda is just far more powerful with the force then Windu, or maybe Sidious was just tired after disposing the other 2 jedi's or how many it is that came with Windu to confront Palps thats why palps loses I dont know wait for the movie

Darth_Nefarus
They are viewed as equal for their different specialties. Mace is known for his dicipline and combat skills. Yoda knows more about the force than every Jedi there.
And if Mace was more powerful than Yoda, wouldn't Mace survive the Jedi Purge?

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Mace would've surrvied the purge if he didn't go runing into a siths office the loony idiot.

DenKi
Watch Star Wars Clone wars!!!

Dont any of you know how powerfull the Sith can become?

Watch StarWars CloneWars Episode 7, Dooku Vs The Darth Women who holds two lightsabers,

Dooku isnt even trying again her, when he get tired all he did was take both her sabres away from her using the force and chop them in half, It was so good, You have to watch the episode to understand, Also Dooku can fly

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Who's talking about the Sith?

Captain REX
Denki, Dooku cannot fly. He can jump incredibly high with the Force, as most Jedi can.

And Mace Windu would have survived the Purge if he didn't try to save the Republic at all, yeah. But, you know the Jedi, gotta save the world. What would the sense in doing THAT? stick out tongue

Malic Clanorian
the person whos more powerful in the force is more supreme...because a jedi's power comes from the force without it they are nothing..so i would say yoda is the more powerful in general

Anakin2Vader
Yoda has been kicking ass and basically ruling the Galaxy for hundreds of years...Mace is just a boy compared to him lol

vaderfilm
Mace dies by being thrown out a window.

EjkoUSC
The OFFICIAL SITE itself...

"Mace was one of the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order. It was said only two opponents ever bested him -- Yoda, and Dooku."

SLJ has a penchant for exxageration. He exxagerates his character's own prestige. SLJ comments are not cannon. If Windu is defeating DARTH SIDIOUS it is surely a ploy on the latter's part to lure Anakin into "saving" him. If Dooku is more powerful than Windue (and HE IS) then obviously Sidious is. By time ROTS comes along, Anakin is obviously more powerful than Windu. I'd say both Obi-Wan and Anakin have been so conditioned during the war (taking a more active role than Mace), that they BOTH have surpassed him.

But I'd still say Yoda is more powerful than Anakin and Obi-Wan since he is the only one who can confront Sidious. We'll see how Obi-Wan wins the fight. But as we know it, Obi-Wan WINS. Somehow. Nevermind not being as powerful as Anakin. Experience, intelligence, talent, power. For you basketball fans Obi-Wan is primo LARRY BIRD. Anakin would be like Dominique Wilkins. And we all know who bested who in the fourth quarter of game seven of the Celtics/Hawks Semi-finals series in 1988.

What the hell am I talking about? Anyways it was Bird. Irrelevent. Dumb analogy. Point is Anakin's off licking his wounds while Obi-Wan's busy asking for Padme's number.

On a side note I wouldnt be surprised if Grievous is more powerful than Windu. Provided he gives Obi-Wan a helluva time supposedly. A dramatic new character like that has to be able to kick some major character's ass. I'd rank em as follows.

1) Darth Sidious
2) Yoda
3) Obi-Wan Kenobi
4) Larry Bird
5) Anakin Skywalker
6) Dominique Wilkins
7) Count Dooku
8) General Grievous
9) Mace Windu
10) Me.

Agreed?

Jedi-Knight 8k2
No way ANAKIN NUMBER ONE!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

bilb
Guys, do your friggin homework will ya? It has been said over & over that Palps does NOT let Mace win, but rather that till Ani stepped in Mace was ACTUALLY beating Palps.................

DenKi
You havent seen StarWars Clone was have you, Watch that Episode and see, He flys down from a High Window using the Force to hold him and reaches the floor ( flying)

please dont say things untill you know the facts what you can watch and see.

DenKi
Also, Grevious Took of 4 Good Padawan Jedis and a Jedi Marster and he still lost,

Which Clearly explains why Hes dead below becos we saw him die by him in clonewars....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/jeedai_exile/kiadi_hologramme.jpg

ctsketch
hes not dead in that picture, he's a hologram, at this point in Episode III its sitll not known how to do a force ghost, and force ghosts are not as clean as that hologram

ctsketch
also Shaak Ti is in episode III, Grevious did not kill her either, Ki adi and Shaak only were injured

bilb
Guys the Clone Wars cartoon has NO bearing on the movies.........

Mace did jump on Geonosis. Along with his Jedi skills it has been stated that gravity on that planet is much less than others, hence the reason Mace can jump like that & why Padme didnt get hurt when she fell out of the ship......

DenKi
He is Dead in that Picture, he woundnt be Sitting down perfecting sending a Transmition to somone and he fits perfectly in that chair, hes Dead, also he would be standing up, StarWars Clone is Tired into the Movies.

Well in The Grevious Episode we didnt see Ki adi Die, that was the very last scene when Grevious was coming at him with 3 Sabres, but Shaak Ti only got pushed into the Rubble so shes still alive

Look here..

http://img197.exs.cx/img197/4652/41ih.th.jpg

bilb
HELLO?????????????????
CLONE WARS DO NOT COUNT!

I watched em all & I liked em. And I will watch all of the next batch too. But as far as the movies go, they are NOT source material.

EjkoUSC
Denki are you clinically retarded? Or just regular type? Learn English and then return to this forum which is generally conducted in English.

And as if your English isnt bad enough...

Your opinions and guesses about Star Wars are lame too. What are you doing on a spoiler board if you dont know the spoilers? One of the most oft mentioned topics is in regards to Force Ghosts. None of the jedi who die in the prequels know how to turn into ghosts (save for Qui-Gon perhaps). Holograms look like ghosts. But oh dear they cant get a hologram to sit perfectly in a chair? Where does it say that? But since you cant speak English I dont expect you to have the least bit of imagination or intelligence (in any subject). I love bagging on you.

Easy target.

DenKi
wtf, you idoit, what part of that dont you understand fs? n00b ROflmao

and how do you know if its part of it or not

Ushgarak
Cut out the arguing folks. I am afraid the Clone Wars cartoons are not canon, DenKI.

This whole thread is spectacularly weird. Where did ANYONE get the idea that in a sword fight the best person always wins?

A sword fight is like a tennis match. Sometimes high seeds go out to lower ones. So rather than trying to abstractly define who is literally better than whom... just accept that all the people up that high are of VERY good quality and so the results of a fight are not predictable.

DenKi
So Dooku can fly,

EjkoUSC - you need a life

Ushgarak
No he can't- force users cannot fly.

bilb
This is STAR WARS not Superman, NOONE FLIES!!!!!!! (without ships, speeders & the like anyway)

Jedi Priestess
Anakin owns em all IMHO

bilb
Yeah we know, just ask Milla........chest, crotch, chest, crotch laughing

Sith Master X
I think Sids is gonna be the best in ROTS. Well, him and Obi-Wan at least. stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Well NOT because of THAT Bilb..........altho that certainly doesnt hurt. wink

smoker4
That the new sith workout tape? laughing out loud smokin'

laughing out loud Dooku can fly laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dooku CAN fly...

It's not a bird, it's not a plane.....iiiiit's DOOKUMAN!!!!!!!
smokin' laughing out loud

Grand Moff Gav
toda its an undesputed fact he is the Grand Master of the Jedi order

bilb
HUH?

smoker4
blink

J.M FcThumbs-Up
no expression huh confused blink messed What the f**k? yes bunny

Grand Moff Gav
em Yoda opps sorry forgive me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smoker4
wink

Grand Moff Gav
hmmm thats better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.